HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Reston :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Who is that old man who is always cleaning up at the intersection of Reston Parkway and Baron Cameron Av?
Posted by: Meadowridge99 ()
Date: November 16, 2014 09:34PM

I know this topic has been posted several times before, but I am wondering if anyone knows anything about him. If you don't know who he is, he is an older gentleman, probably in his 70s, with a long, white Santa Claus-looking beard. My dad and I have noticed him for years, always cleaning up the side of the road near Silver Diner, Trader Joe's, and TD Bank. He is usually sweeping the side of the road, picking up trash, or some other kind of community service. He is always in the same general area, although one time I seen him cleaning up behind the hospital. My dad is convinced he has dementia or some other mental challenge. Could he be homeless? The area he is usually working is right near the homeless shelter and there is a trail from that intersection to the homeless shelter.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is that old man who is always cleaning up at the intersection of Reston Parkway and Baron Cameron Av?
Posted by: Anonymous64 ()
Date: December 01, 2014 01:37AM

I see this guy around as well. Doesnt seem like he's mentally challenged to me. I've been concerned that he'll get run over at times, given our excellent drivers around here. Its a shame he spends his time cleaning up other peoples trash at his age, but I won't tell him what to do. I do hope he's not homeless at his age.

Re: Who is that old man who is always cleaning up at the intersection of Reston Parkway and Baron Cameron Av?
Posted by: Santa9999 ()
Date: January 09, 2015 11:06PM

We call him the "Reston Santa". We have also seen him in Herndon by the Kmart and Safeway.

Posted by: you guys equal hell ()
Date: January 12, 2015 07:49AM

He's willingly cleaning this shitty town and your daddy calls him mentally challenged he must be the perfect asshole family you have no defects.

Posted by: Reston guy ()
Date: March 29, 2015 08:32PM

He is the guy who was volunteering at Dogwood who was creeping out some of the kids. Parents complained but the principal, I forget her name but she was VA Principal of the Year, did nothing. Then the guy was brought up on child molestation charges of some degree. I think he got tons of community service. The Prrincipal hastily resigned. I was glad about that.

Posted by: Amyiable ()
Date: April 03, 2015 10:26AM

I don't know - he's amazing. He's been cleaning for years and I always send good thoughts his way as I pass by. Wish the WaPo would do an article on him.

Posted by: Skypeople ()
Date: July 06, 2016 02:20PM

I have seem him for over 30 years now, from reston to Herndon and now on sterling va. He actually looks younger now

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.