HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Reston :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
SouthLakes
Posted by: zenzer0 ()
Date: May 11, 2005 03:59PM

I know it was mentioned in the RTC post
but what do you really think about south lakes?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SouthLakes
Posted by: PAY NIS ()
Date: May 21, 2005 05:57PM

SOUTHLAKES.
The best highschool ever!
You can fall through the walls, pass notes through the walls, poke pencils through the walls, and each classroom is a cubicle.
There's no windows, or doors, we have fire-proof curtains. In most classrooms, you can see the airconditioning pipes. When you step outside your eyes get blinded because the school is so dark. And usually the power is out.
The principal doesn't even speak english.
You can walk through the green subschool (freshman) and smell every kind of drug, alcohol and tobacco.
The powder puff teams are better than the real football team.
You will randomly see alumni walking around school.
The middle sink in the green/blue subschool doesn't work.
The blue bathroom stall has no door.

At south lakes, the bathroom colors are black on black.
The cafeteria ladies try to get some drugs off of you.
If you don't like gatorade and you go to SL GET USED TO IT. if you dont like gatorade, you arent cool.
South Lakes, where white people are the minority.
And your PE teacher is a hypocritical whore who wears short shorts.
Don't even bother to bring a stink bomb, SL already smells.
But we still have SEAHAWK PRIDE!! even though it isnt a real bird.
WE SHOULD BE THE SL BEAVERS.
herndon sucks, by the way. If you go to SL you will learn that. Even though its a better school. No.

Posted by: Tina ()
Date: May 26, 2005 10:48PM

LOL

That is soooooooooooooo true.

Posted by: WestOx ()
Date: June 11, 2006 09:39PM

Herndon High Boys Basketball beat South Lakes ballers once. The SL crown followed them outside and rocked the Bus till it tipped over on its side. Good times.

Posted by: Bowditch ()
Date: July 08, 2006 05:25AM

Southlakes pretty much is one of the trashiest areas of Reston... even worse than the North Shore area.... yuck!!! Just when I thought trash was 'priced out' of Reston, better think again! Reston should look in the mirror and see Herndon as its future.

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: August 22, 2006 11:06PM

Please don't use Reston and Herndon in the same sentence. Herndon is known for one thing, the day labor center! That says it all.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: August 23, 2006 01:10AM

Herndon IS the center of the internet in this country.... so that is what it is famous for, if not first, then second...

Posted by: E-R-I-C ()
Date: October 25, 2006 10:19AM

Ha. So true...So sad, but true.

I will say, SL had one of the best weed hook-ups in my day.

Posted by: ZenZero ()
Date: October 30, 2006 04:30PM

@Reston Peace

funny thing
there was a study that says that northern virginia has the fastest basic cable internet in the country
AND vinton cerf [father of the internet]
lives just down the street

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: July 12, 2007 04:50PM

Well I went by South Lakes High School today and I noticed they are tearing it apart. Damn it looks like they are completely gutting it.

Posted by: trap star ()
Date: July 18, 2007 01:34PM

wow. everything in here is wayyyy outdated.
with renovations, there are windows everywhere and real rooms with real doors and real light switches. it can't even be called ghetto anymore. butler is a great principal.

everything PAY NIS said, they just took off the urbandictionary site, which is HOW credible, again?

Posted by: poop dicker ()
Date: September 09, 2007 06:15PM

SOuth lakes sucks ass but the southlakes area around there isn't really that bad, except of course shadow wood, and I know noone from herndons talking about "trash" in reston because last time I checked Alabama street in herndon is becoming the New New Mexico, and whats with the rediculous amounts of street lights? you guys are starting to look more urban than suburban, Oh and reston has lakes and all you have are Mexicans

Posted by: SLrules ()
Date: December 02, 2007 12:08PM

ypu know wat...I go to SL and its the best school ever..unlike Herndon and all their crap...or even Chantilly! Ppl say bad stuff about SL because theyve never been there themselves...

Posted by: DT#75 ()
Date: December 06, 2007 05:59PM

I mean...it takes a lot of guts to say this stuff about SL on the internet in an open forum. But how many of you trash t alkers would say that to a room full of South Lakes students or teachers? I know you wouldnt say it to me...

Posted by: sl grad ()
Date: December 07, 2007 01:29PM

Hey everyone on here! I have read a few things above and I have one question for you all how many of you have been to south lakes for a whole day? SL will soon be one of the newest and best schools around because of all the renovations that are being done. They are going to look so good you all will want to go there but they will so no because of all that you have said about them.

Posted by: rfgeurgb ()
Date: December 11, 2007 09:52PM

haha everyone on here who is sayin south lakes is trashy has obviously never ben their in their life. were soon going to have a nicer school then oakton, chantilly, and madison all together. all the fight rumors are pretty much bullshit. their are barely any drugs their anyway. theirs more at chantilly and oakton because your rich kids can afford it.

Posted by: SL Man ()
Date: December 13, 2007 10:23AM

Why not make SLHS into another TJ or at least some better sort of magnet school?

This county is full of bright innovative people and I am sure that we can find a better way to address the alleged issues. Yes, there are real social issues, but these are, to my way of thinking, solved with innovation rather than repression.

Reston is an integrated community with lots of lower income housing. The county alone owns several properties and there are many market-rate low end properties as well -- both rental and owned.

After this $50 million renovation (or whatever the final amount may be), I would also suggest year-round school and more life skills training for those who will not be Harvard-educated scholars.

I realize SLHS is not a vocational school, but how about horticulture or culinary skills? It would surely delight me to have Lake Anne, Tall Oaks and other declining areas of Reston turned into more attractive places with destination restaurants. Perhaps there can be some match there.

Posted by: bteds ()
Date: December 20, 2007 11:22AM

South Lakes never rocked anything or rolled any bus. Cobblestone boys used to get rolled by H-town and loose in every sport except cross country marathons. I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact they like to tuck tail and run?

Posted by: Mary Caye Schirf ()
Date: January 03, 2008 11:04PM

It's not about competition or "who is better" or who wins every game. It's all about the kids that don't turn their back on difference and help someone who needs help.

Kids that come back to say "thank you" for teaching me the meaning of HOPE.

I have only worked here 8 months. If I am lucky, and Bruce Butler will have me, I will stay a lifetime.

For those who are unhappy, and want heartache for South Lakes........YOU will be OK.

I am so grateful for Linda Jones and for taking a chance:-)

Coach Schirf and proud to be a part of South Lakes High School

Posted by: coach Schirf ()
Date: January 03, 2008 11:22PM

Sorry. For your anger. Everything you have said is so untrue. I am sorry you have so much anger inside you that you would want kids "not" to experience TRUE LIFE! Ask Grant.

Posted by: Coach Schirf ()
Date: January 03, 2008 11:25PM

Take your hatred and find a cure for aids or cancer.

Posted by: teacher and coach ()
Date: January 03, 2008 11:48PM

My guess......?????You're a teacher/parent at South Lakes and unhappy in your relationship. Um. So true and really sorry that you took so much time to destroy a place that is awesome and full of HOPE!

A loss for the Viewers.

Posted by: Eyebrows raised ()
Date: January 07, 2008 01:07PM

" If I am lucky, and Bruce Butler will have me, I will stay a lifetime"

Anally or orally?

Posted by: Coach Schirf ()
Date: January 18, 2008 09:23PM

Nice! And sick.

Posted by: KSB2 ()
Date: June 16, 2008 09:20PM

I graduated from South Lakes last summer (Class of '07). I know our sports teams weren't that good (or even adequate), but that wasn't the point. The point was to get an education and to set yourself up for the rest of your life. In that regard, SLHS was a great school. The teachers there were very kind to me and actually cared about how I was doing and wanted to see me succeed, especially Sergeant Major Thompson, I'll never forget that man and how much he helped me.

I don't see why South Lakes got a bad reputation. I rarely if ever saw or heard about any fights, gang violence or any of the other bits of general mayhem that South Lakes was pegged as having. The school seemed rather peaceful and everyone got along pretty well.

Actually, to tell you the truth, I kind of miss being in high school.

Posted by: whoopeeeeee ()
Date: July 30, 2008 01:54PM

Hey PTSA, when is the next party????

Posted by: Srsly. ()
Date: February 27, 2009 11:22PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Herndon IS the center of the internet in this
> country.... so that is what it is famous for, if
> not first, then second...

Dude, Herndon maybe the world capital of internet, but where most of the internet places are, the school boundaries are TO WESTFIELD. AND IT'S TECHNICALLY NOT HERNDON, BUT OAK HILL.

so Herndon still sucks.

Posted by: wack reston ()
Date: June 02, 2009 04:24PM

ughh SL is so wack
they try to make it look good by remodleing everything and it still sucks ass!!!!
admin tryin ta git in everyones business ugh arrington a major McAsshole
so is bruce butler
and no white people are the majority you got hindus and azns and blacks acting like white ppl ughh
latinos are the minority fucking overpriced reston mannn
im glad in gittin out of this wack ass county yungg back to A.town south arlington babbyy

Posted by: SL SUCKS ()
Date: June 24, 2009 03:08PM

Funny, in the latest US News and World Report listing of the best schools in the country, Herndon was rated in the 100s while SL was rate in the 500s. Although you probably had to have the ability to read to understand that. Isn't reading optional at SL?

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: July 21, 2009 11:42PM

I went to HHS, but roughly half of my friends went to SL. Most of them who went to both schools said they liked the smaller numbers of South Lakes, and the fact that there were fewer eses there as well.

LOL, I remember the bball games between our schools, and they'd have Paddy Wagons all over the parking lots, with squad cars gathered all around the gym lobby entrances.

Posted by: gotbrains ()
Date: October 01, 2009 01:08PM

"especially Sergeant Major Thompson, I'll never forget that man and how much he helped me'"

I AGREE WITH YOU JROTC was the best class in sl my freshman year sergent major wass soo nice i love him!

but im here cracking up at all the things im reading about SL. i mean now i got to another highschool in mclean and im dying to go bak to SL. sl isnt as "ghetto" or bad as ppl think is accualy a good school mayb not academically but is so much diverse then others which makes it a fun experience unless you been in SL for at least a year you are not allowed to talk about it just cuz of what you hear

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.