HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Merrifield/Dunn Loring :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
digital projection theater, the only reason to go to Merrifield
Posted by: kklare ()
Date: May 25, 2005 01:10PM

The DLP at the multiplex is awesome. At least for digitally filmed movies. Why is this theater the only one around with a digital projector? Has anybody else watched a movie both on their DLP and another film projector? I saw Star Wars 2 on both a few years ago; thought the film projection was fine until I saw it in digital... there was BIG difference.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: digital projection theater, the only reason to go to Merrifield
Posted by: Roger in Clifton ()
Date: June 11, 2005 07:58PM

I just saw Star Wars Episode 3 in the DLP theatre. I haven't bothered to go see it again in film so I can't compare.

Looks like the rio up in gaithersburg has dlp also but they were showing madagascar in that theatre when I last checked.

DLP is the only reason I would ever go to the lee highway multiplex. Its an ancient flat floor theatre with the MS-13 gang running around. The DLP theatre looks like it is in an add on section of the theatre so its a bit of a hike back to the restrooms or the concession stands.

Posted by: brendan ()
Date: June 07, 2006 10:44PM

I saw the last Harry Potter movie there and it seemed too dark. Don't know if it was digital projection or not.

MS-13 huh, that explains the Fairfax County cops hanging around.

Posted by: fingerless ()
Date: March 27, 2012 11:32AM

MS13 Yea man its a seen..they cut off 4 of my fingers last week

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.