HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Alexandria :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
multiple breakins in Alexandria VA
Posted by: jstacks ()
Date: February 14, 2011 08:30PM

My house/garage has been broken into 4 times now..the first time i called for a prowler in my FENCED IN BACKYARD..police took 45 min to show...im in highschool i wrestle and play football...my father who i live with is a very successful lawyer..live in a 3+million dollar house and they barely show up...WE HAD TO PAY AN OFF DUTY POLICE OFFICER TO PATROL OUR STREET 3 TIMES A WEEK...SOME BULLSHIT
any one who knows anything post it

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: multiple breakins in Alexandria VA
Posted by: Bullshit ()
Date: February 14, 2011 11:55PM

What street do you live on?

Posted by: Alexandria sux ()
Date: February 14, 2011 11:56PM

Alexandria has gone to shit. In the last year, our condo building (north end of old towne) has been broken into about 6 times. The building is even a police satellite station. Alexandria PD is about as worthless and lazy as you can get.

Posted by: AlexVA ()
Date: February 17, 2011 12:20PM

JStacks,

1. No house/garage was broken into 4 times during these random and unusual rash of incidents.
2. Fenced in backyard? What difference does that make? Obviously they jumped over the fence to get into the yard and can jump the fence to get out.
3. 3 Million dollar houses are usually in neighborhoods that police don't need to keep close watch over 24/7. The crime rate on LLoyds Ln./Windsor Ave. is almost zero. Probably safest street in the entire state.
4. The police put forth a lot of money, time, and resources for your "prowlers" when there are more serious issues occurring in the city. This is right outside Washington, D.C., don't be sheltered to believe things can't happen.
5. Alexandria Police made arrests of 3 suspects for burglaries in the area after a lot of hard work and dedication.
6. You are lying about the 45 min response times. FOIA the records and you will see they responded within mins. I have seen them respond lights/sirens to that area. Alexandria has some of the best response times in the nation.
7. Congrats on being a wrestler and football player...I guess you succeeded in life?

It's not mature to post inaccurate information on the internet.

Alexandria sux,

Sounds more like a security issue with your condo building, which you should take up with management. The police can't always prevent breakins, especially when you choose to live next to the projects.

Posted by: Sick of Alexandria ()
Date: February 18, 2011 12:39AM

You're a fucking idiot.

There's plenty of houses in that price range scattered throughout old town. The building I live in is a police substation. One night I called to report a burglary and the response took 14.5 minutes.

After they showed up, one of them asked me "are the burglars still inside?" I told him, "this happened within the last three hours, I don't know if they are still there. I didn't check because I'm not supposed to play with guns after drinking...." He just looked at me funny and called for backup. 20+ minutes after I placed the 911 call they finally made entry to check it out.

THIS IS A GOD-DAMNED POLICE SATELLITE STATION!!!

Cops in Alexandria are fucking worthless. The Commonwealth Attorney's is no better.

Our building has been burglarized at least 6 times (including 3 forced entries) in a year.

Alex PD shows up, twiddles their thumbs and does nothing. They don't even survey the scene for areas that could have prints. I had to argue with them one night to even take a report after one of the burglaries.

Early last year I had a vehicle broken into and approx. $2k damage done. I called the police. They never showed. 3 days later I got a call b/c they wanted to send an investigator over to take pictures. They copped an attitude with me after I told them it was in the shop and they'd have to drive out to Fairfax to see it. The fucking retards thought I should have left my vehicle on the street for three days with a punched out lock cylinder. Oh, and they declined my offer to email pictures to them.

Bottom line, the police in Alexandria are incompetent and lazy. The CA's office couldn't prosecute their way out of a paper bag. This city is a shit hole.

The cops need to get their thumbs out of their asses, stop harassing the poor over bullshit trespassing charges on ARHA property and actually fucking do something about the rampant crime.

AlexVA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> JStacks,
>
> 1. No house/garage was broken into 4 times during
> these random and unusual rash of incidents.
> 2. Fenced in backyard? What difference does that
> make? Obviously they jumped over the fence to get
> into the yard and can jump the fence to get out.
>
> 3. 3 Million dollar houses are usually in
> neighborhoods that police don't need to keep close
> watch over 24/7. The crime rate on LLoyds
> Ln./Windsor Ave. is almost zero. Probably safest
> street in the entire state.
> 4. The police put forth a lot of money, time, and
> resources for your "prowlers" when there are more
> serious issues occurring in the city. This is
> right outside Washington, D.C., don't be sheltered
> to believe things can't happen.
> 5. Alexandria Police made arrests of 3 suspects
> for burglaries in the area after a lot of hard
> work and dedication.
> 6. You are lying about the 45 min response times.
> FOIA the records and you will see they responded
> within mins. I have seen them respond
> lights/sirens to that area. Alexandria has some
> of the best response times in the nation.
> 7. Congrats on being a wrestler and football
> player...I guess you succeeded in life?
>
> It's not mature to post inaccurate information on
> the internet.
>
> Alexandria sux,
>
> Sounds more like a security issue with your condo
> building, which you should take up with
> management. The police can't always prevent
> breakins, especially when you choose to live next
> to the projects.

Posted by: AlexVa ()
Date: February 18, 2011 01:06AM

Sick of Alexandria,

There are no police substations in Alexandria, your ignorance is shown in your post. The "satelite stations" are merely a bathroom for officers to use if they need to, and in return a sign gets posted it's a satelite facility. Rarely do officers hang out at satelite facilities (obviously they are out patrolling the streets). If there was a burglary call and the apartment/house has not been checked, then Alexandria puts that out as a priority call and go lights/sirens. There is no way if that was the case it took 14 mins. Why don't you tell me what date this "burglary" occurred and I'll foia the response time?

I'm betting you live on E. Braddock Rd. near N. West Street? Where the building locks are crap and the fitness area/parking garage area is what gets broken into. Less than a tenth of a mile (across the street) is an area called "the new projects" which is one of the highest crime areas in Alexandria. You choose to live next to that area (it's been there before your building was), so obviously there might be a crime or two committed nearby. You haven't mentioned anything about violent crime, right? Just that your car got broken into (big whoop, this is a major metro area). Oh and by the way...if I am correct about what building I believe is yours...then you should know that Alexandria DID make an arrest in the burglary and suspect he was the one who was committing all of them. Since then, there hasn't been any.

With over 160,000 people living in Alexandria, you think police should provide security to your building 24/7 to stop people from stealing? You have no idea of how the real world works and policing. How about you push to increase taxes and hire the short staffed department? Or increase their wages since they are the lowest paid in the D.C. region, but have the highest standards. You should think of a solution instead of griping about a problem. Or you could take responsibility and purchase anti-theft devices.

What is your gripe about the C.A.'s office? Can you provide any reasoning why they are incompetent?

Prince Georges County is not too far away. Try out their police force.

Posted by: fuzzymunkey ()
Date: February 18, 2011 08:06AM

AlexVa Wrote:
> Sick of Alexandria,
>
> There are no police substations in Alexandria,
> your ignorance is shown in your post. The
> "satelite stations" are merely a bathroom for
> officers to use if they need to, and in return a
> sign gets posted it's a satelite facility. Rarely
> do officers hang out at satelite facilities
> (obviously they are out patrolling the streets).
> If there was a burglary call and the
> apartment/house has not been checked, then
> Alexandria puts that out as a priority call and go
> lights/sirens. There is no way if that was the
> case it took 14 mins. Why don't you tell me what
> date this "burglary" occurred and I'll foia the
> response time?
>
> I'm betting you live on E. Braddock Rd. near N.
> West Street? Where the building locks are crap
> and the fitness area/parking garage area is what
> gets broken into. Less than a tenth of a mile
> (across the street) is an area called "the new
> projects" which is one of the highest crime areas
> in Alexandria. You choose to live next to that
> area (it's been there before your building was),
> so obviously there might be a crime or two
> committed nearby. You haven't mentioned anything
> about violent crime, right? Just that your car
> got broken into (big whoop, this is a major metro
> area). Oh and by the way...if I am correct about
> what building I believe is yours...then you should
> know that Alexandria DID make an arrest in the
> burglary and suspect he was the one who was
> committing all of them. Since then, there hasn't
> been any.
>
> With over 160,000 people living in Alexandria, you
> think police should provide security to your
> building 24/7 to stop people from stealing? You
> have no idea of how the real world works and
> policing. How about you push to increase taxes
> and hire the short staffed department? Or
> increase their wages since they are the lowest
> paid in the D.C. region, but have the highest
> standards. You should think of a solution instead
> of griping about a problem. Or you could take
> responsibility and purchase anti-theft devices.
>
> What is your gripe about the C.A.'s office? Can
> you provide any reasoning why they are
> incompetent?
>
> Prince Georges County is not too far away. Try
> out their police force.

Right on Brother!

Hey douchebag (Sick of Alexandria).
Did you know that for at least the last 15 years the investigations section of the Police Department has increased by less than 3 Detectives? Think of how much the Alexandria population has increased. Detectives are slammed in caseload yet solve a percentage rate of cases equal to and probably higher than any jurisdiction in the DC area.

The narcotics section once was highly effective with more than 12 Detectives assigned. Today, due to poor management, that unit has maybe 6 Detectives, only a couple with any real experience. Let's not mention that the street level drug unit has been disassembled. They'll say it's still active, trust me, it's not actively working drug cases. Drugs and drug use are tied to a majority of property crimes.

Look at the Alexandria homicide rate, 2 in 2010, 4 in 2009, 4 in 2008. Check other jurisdictions in the area, bet they are much higher per capita.

Do you know why crime is lower in Virginia than DC or MD? The criminals fear the criminal justice system here. They know: A) They are going to get caught (usually) and B) They are going to jail (For usually longer sentences than MD or DC).

Don't even get me started on pay for the Police Dept. The pay scale is completely fucked. I know in these hard times nobody is getting pay raises, okay. The Police haven't had a cost of living adjustment (COLA) in years. Because of what officers are paid, there are very few who can live or do live in the city. You think this doesn't affect crime. I would want officers living in my town where they worked!

You want to bitch about incompetency? Look at the Alexandria Police command staff, fucking bunch of morons. I could go on about this group for days. Despite these imbeciles, the good Officers and Detectives of the APD do a great job!

Give an example of your experience with the Alexandria C.A. office please.

AlexVa is exactly correct, you aren't telling the whole story. The police can't be all places at all times and crimes don't get solved in 60 minutes like on TV.

Posted by: AlexVa ()
Date: March 03, 2011 08:08AM

As you can tell... the original poster and Mr. Sick of Alexandria haven't posted back on this site nor came back to respond. This just shows their lack of credibility and confirms they are in fact, full of bullshit.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: March 04, 2011 01:20AM

AlexVa Wrote:
> As you can tell... the original poster and Mr.
> Sick of Alexandria haven't posted back on this
> site nor came back to respond. This just shows
> their lack of credibility and confirms they are in
> fact, full of bullshit.

You're an idiot. What about the retard cop with the big head that screamed at a defense attorney in the middle of the court house a couple weeks ago? He raised his hand in her face all Jerry Springer style after she called him out on committing perjury. From what I've heard, he also likes to feel up the drunk girls coming out of Rock It.

Then there's the dumbass that got himself a DUI. The Alexandria PD office is so corrupt that they had to bring in a special prosecutor from Arlington.

Oh, and then there's that prosecutor Jessica who tried to stick a guy with no operator's license when he was in the front seat of a car.

Oh, and what about the two retard cops that set up an unapproved road block sua sponte in Arlandria. Yeah, all those tickets were tossed.

Alexandria cops are worthless, so is the CA's office.

Date: March 04, 2011 01:21AM

*front passenger seat of a car for the no operator's charge

Date: March 04, 2011 01:25AM

Oh, and what about the complete disregard for the Sixth Amendment on the part of the cops and the CA's office with regards to prosecuting trespassing charges? How many years did they spend prosecuting trespassing charges for ARHA property without allowing the defendants to confront their witnesses?

Finally the judges realized that despite the fact that they're black, the defendants do indeed have Constitutional rights.

This City is a shit hole run by morons.

Oh, and if you really want to reach way back, let's talk about how the police and CA's office deliberately concealed information from federal authorities in the Shifflet case.

Date: March 04, 2011 01:31AM

With regards to the satellite station at Colecroft, the PD's agreement with the property gives office space, a conference room, and bathroom with shower. In exchange, they are supposed to walk the buildings (and garage) at least once per shift. They do not. Moreover, the police supervisor confessed that the department misplaced 4 garage door openers given to them to access the building.

If the locks are such crap, why wasn't the HOA advised of it? There is a a relationship with the police department and the HOA has asked them for advice about securing the premises. Moreover, there was a public meeting with the police after two forced entries -- why wasn’t the poor quality of the locks discussed by that female officer when asked what further actions/improvements could be undertaken?

Regarding your statement, "Oh and by the way...if I am correct about what building I believe is yours...then you should know that Alexandria DID make an arrest in the burglary and suspect he was the one who was committing all of them. Since then, there hasn't been any."

Yes, they caught the guy who broke into the salon and attempted to enter the Dry Cleaners. I was there and watched it. However, that's not the same person that's been breaking into the garage, stealing bicycles, electronics, and the wheels off of two vehicles. First, the mo is completely different, 2nd there were more break-ins after the arrest.

Bottom line, Alex PD would rather harass poor blacks for BS trespassing charges related to ARHA and dime bags than actually prevent a real crime.

Posted by: AlexVA ()
Date: March 04, 2011 08:33AM

JC,

What big headed cop are you talking about? I highly doubt any officer would every (and be able to get away with" "fondling" girls coming out of a bar on king street. Sounds like you might have legal issues given your time at the court house.

The only "big head" I know of in the court room is "Brad" the defense attorney.

When was this "illegal roadblock"? All dui enforcements are written up months in advance with the help of the Commonwealth Attorney and approved.

Damn, 1 officer got a DUI charge so that means all 320 officers are corrupt? Your logic is similar to someone finishing up jr. high.

Your statement that the officers must walk the garage and building once a shift is complete new news to me. I have never heard of such a requirement for any satelite facility, and there are many satelite stations. That would be virtually impossible given the amount of officers work that area at night (usually 5 officers for the entire Old Town area).

The dry cleaners and salon arrest was not the one I was talking about (although he was a serial burglar in Old Town). Of course you don't give those officers any credit. There was an arrest of a man named Wakefield (I believe was his name) that was caught after breaking into that building and stealing tv's. Like I said before, you live near a metro station, the projects, and in a densely populated city in the D.C. metro area... so common sense is that you should expect to see crimes committed most likely by different suspects.

Do you realize how many apartment high rises w/garages there are in this city? With so many people and so little officers, they can't focus in on car break-ins in one garage.

Did your HOA ever consider hiring a private security guard like many other buildings? This is YOUR private property, you should take responsibility in securing it, not the police. Maybe if so many people didn't leave valuables in their vehicles (many times in plain view), then the crooks wouldn't steal.

Harass poor blacks on ARHA for trespassing? Check out the crime stats on ARHA properties. Keeping people from loitering on property they don't belong on, especially criminals, is a huge crime deterrent. ARHA is free housing for "the poor" (although you would be surprised at the cars and toys they have) paid by taxpayers. If they don't want the police to be able to control trespassers, they can stop taking the free handouts and pay for their own rent somewhere else.

You are complaining about your cars getting broken into at night, not about murders, prostitution, drugs, robberies etc... cars being broken into. Doesn't seem like a huge crime issue. Get your finger out of your ass and step out of the shelter you live in. This is the real world and crimes happen. You only bring complaints to the table and criticism, no mention of any solutions to the problems you so quick to point out.

BTW...ALEXANDRIA IS AT A 41 YEAR LOW IN CRIME RATE!

PS. Officers have zero use for a shower, so you can have that back, well, actually...your opinions smell like shit so bad, you should start using that shower.

Date: March 04, 2011 08:58AM

JC Wrote:

> You're an idiot. What about the retard cop with
> the big head that screamed at a defense attorney
> in the middle of the court house a couple weeks
> ago? He raised his hand in her face all Jerry
> Springer style after she called him out on
> committing perjury. From what I've heard, he also
> likes to feel up the drunk girls coming out of
> Rock It.

I'd love to know who this cop "with the big head" is. I'm sure he'd love to know about your libelous comments.

Why not stick to the facts and not what you've heard?

>
> Then there's the dumbass that got himself a DUI.
> The Alexandria PD office is so corrupt that they
> had to bring in a special prosecutor from
> Arlington.

The Commonwealth Attorney requested an outside prosecutor to avoid an appearance of impropriety in this case due to who the players where. This is common practice for jurisdictions who wish to demonstrate transparency in criminal justice. Quite the opposite of corruption, wouldn't you say?

>
> Oh, and then there's that prosecutor Jessica who
> tried to stick a guy with no operator's license
> when he was in the front seat of a car.

I didn't heard of this however, I've seen people switch seats with the front passenger in an attempt to avoid getting a ticket. Could this be the case?

> Oh, and what about the two retard cops that set up
> an unapproved road block sua sponte in Arlandria.
> Yeah, all those tickets were tossed.

An officer can set up cones anyplace in the city for a traffic check point, it doesn't need to be approved unless you plan on stopping all cars just because of your checkpoint. I don't know of the incident to which you are referring.

> Alexandria cops are worthless, so is the CA's
> office.

Opinions are like assholes............

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2011 11:18AM by fuzzymunkey.

Date: March 04, 2011 09:12AM

JC Wrote:
> Oh, and what about the complete disregard for the
> Sixth Amendment on the part of the cops and the
> CA's office with regards to prosecuting
> trespassing charges? How many years did they
> spend prosecuting trespassing charges for ARHA
> property without allowing the defendants to
> confront their witnesses?
>
> Finally the judges realized that despite the fact
> that they're black, the defendants do indeed have
> Constitutional rights.

WTF are you talking about? Has there been a ruling that large numbers of persons were having their 6th Amendment rights violated?

>
> This City is a shit hole run by morons.

If you don't like it, move.
>
> Oh, and if you really want to reach way back,
> let's talk about how the police and CA's office
> deliberately concealed information from federal
> authorities in the Shifflet case.

Greg Murphy was caught wasn't he? Yes
Did he kill anyone else? No.
Could the case have been handled better? Of course, hind sight is 20/20.
Police work is sometimes an art, not always a science.

Posted by: NOVA ()
Date: April 03, 2011 05:05PM

jstacks,

Alexandria Police arrested someone this week after they went into unlocked cars on LLOYDS LN during the night. Once again, the idiot citizens of Alexandria are too lazy and dumb to lock their car doors and leave valuables inside. This time, the pd caught them a few blocks away and recovered a stolen GPS.

You're a dumb ass.

Posted by: jstacks ()
Date: April 13, 2011 05:48PM

Hey NOVA,
I lock my cars and put up 1500 dollar security around my family. Not my fault these drug happy poor pieces of shit have to resort to stealing because they cannot satisfy their drug needs. Come over to my house you sure as hell wont be calling me a dumbass. Your not going to know what the fuck happened

Posted by: NOVA ()
Date: April 13, 2011 11:52PM

Jstacks,

You are a high school student old living in a 3 million dollar house in the safest and richest part of the city. You should feel privileged. You don't have cars nor do you pay the money for home security...your parents do. Saying that the police took 45 mins was a complete fabrication, and we both know it. Upon your request I will find out the exact response times and post them (of course you know that will prove you wrong). If you FOIA the police reports for those "incidents" on LLoyds Lane you will find that the detectives closed the reports "unfounded" meaning they didn't find any evidence of a crime that was committed nor was suspicious enough to officially document.

Yes, months ago there was an unusual rash of larcenies from automobiles. Approximately 100 or more cars were gone into and some had items purloined. All of these vehicles were left unlocked. All. Some residents were victimized multiple times, meaning they continued to leave their cars unlocked. Also, there were a couple confirmed burglaries in the area, W. Windsor, Fontaine St, Uhler. The police made arrests for some of the burglaries, but haven't closed all of the cases (yet).

I understand if the larcenies that occurred around your area is something you aren't use to and might have scared you. And I agree with you that it is mostly drug related and I hope the suspects are caught. Don't give the city and police department a bad name by lying and using slander, it's not right.

Also, don't attempt to be "an internet tough guy". Acting as though you would be violent by using the internet is childish, especially for someone coming close to adulthood. Have a good day at school.

Posted by: nono ()
Date: April 17, 2011 02:20PM

I agree completely with this why would anyone want to live in Alexandria where it costs much more to live and there is much more crime, cops, and has just gone to shit. I live right by TC Williams High School and the students are known for getting into bad things and being caught by the police on a regular basis.

Posted by: Jorge Gonzales ()
Date: April 18, 2011 09:00PM

This. Alexandria is a shit hole run by morons.

nono Wrote:
> I agree completely with this why would anyone want
> to live in Alexandria where it costs much more to
> live and there is much more crime, cops, and has
> just gone to shit. I live right by TC Williams
> High School and the students are known for getting
> into bad things and being caught by the police on
> a regular basis.

Posted by: Jorge Gonzalex ()
Date: April 27, 2011 10:18PM

http://alextimes.com/news/2011/apr/21/apd-officer-arrested-on-fraud-charges/

Those are some stand up officer's you've got there.

Posted by: JillianMichaels ()
Date: April 28, 2011 12:14AM

Jorge Gonzalex Wrote:
> http://alextimes.com/news/2011/apr/21/apd-officer-
> arrested-on-fraud-charges/
>
> Those are some stand up officer's you've got
> there.

It happens in any career field. There will always be a bad apple in any bunch. It happens with teachers, firefighters, cops, lawyers, ABC store employees, etc. Alexandria Police did the right thing and made it public knowledge and made no attempt to hide the fact that an Officer was arrested. Fairfax Officers, PG Officers, DC Officers, Arlington Officers have all been arrested. It happens in every department, in every city, in every state from time to time.

Posted by: BillyIdol ()
Date: April 28, 2011 01:21AM

Alex PD are corrupt and lazy. First the Chief takes a PD car out on a trip to the beach and gets into an accident at 2x the legal limit, then another officer gets a DUI, now this officer committing fraud???? Such a small PD community for so many crimes....

Date: April 28, 2011 07:24AM

BillyIdol Wrote:
> Alex PD are corrupt and lazy.

What fact is this statement based upon?

> First the Chief takes a PD car out on a trip to the beach and gets
> into an accident at 2x the legal limit,

To the beach? really? I think you need to check your facts.

> another officer gets a DUI,

Nobody at the McDonald's where you work has ever been arrested for DWI or anything EVER?

> now this officer committing fraud????

It's too bad, it happened, he's gone.

> Such a small PD community for so many crimes....

Alexandria PD with around 350 officers is not a small department. The officers, for the most part, are very good. The police administration is incompetent at best.

Posted by: Billy Idol ()
Date: April 28, 2011 03:53PM

If I'm not mistaken, the news reported that he was returning from Ocean City.

Actually, no one where I work has received a DUI...and we're not charged with upholding the laws of society.

My statement is based on my own observations of APD officers.

fuzzymunkey Wrote:
> BillyIdol Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Alex PD are corrupt and lazy.
>
> What fact is this statement based upon?
>
> > First the Chief takes a PD car out on a trip to
> the beach and gets
> > into an accident at 2x the legal limit,
>
> To the beach? really? I think you need to check
> your facts.
>
> > another officer gets a DUI,
>
> Nobody at the McDonald's where you work has ever
> been arrested for DWI or anything EVER?
>
> > now this officer committing fraud????
>
> It's too bad, it happened, he's gone.
>
> > Such a small PD community for so many
> crimes....
>
> Alexandria PD with around 350 officers is not a
> small department. The officers, for the most part,
> are very good. The police administration is
> incompetent at best.

Date: April 28, 2011 10:04PM

Billy Idol Wrote:
> If I'm not mistaken, the news reported that he was
> returning from Ocean City.

He had just returned to town. He didn't take the vehicle on vacation as you have implied. I love how people read a story and pick and choose the facts that they wish to use.

Here are the facts-
He was the Chief.
He was driving a city vehicle in Arlington, intoxicated, and was involved in an accident.
He was arrested.
Almost immediately, he openly admitted his guilt. (Not publicly, other than court, but trust me, he did)
He resigned.
He plead guilty in court.
He received and accepted the exact jail sentence that you or I would receive.
He spent time in jail. (Really)
Now, tell me how he was treated differently or that there was a cover up.

>
> Actually, no one where I work has received a
> DUI...

And are perfect I guess? Wow

and we're not charged with upholding the
> laws of society.

Maybe you should be. After all, you are nearly claiming to be perfect.

>
> My statement is based on my own observations of
> APD officers.

I'd be very interested in hearing specifics, but I'm sure you won't share any, you'd rather be just another internet tough guy.

>
> fuzzymunkey Wrote:
> -----
> > BillyIdol Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Alex PD are corrupt and lazy.
> >
> > What fact is this statement based upon?
> >
> > > First the Chief takes a PD car out on a trip
> to
> > the beach and gets
> > > into an accident at 2x the legal limit,
> >
> > To the beach? really? I think you need to check
> > your facts.
> >
> > > another officer gets a DUI,
> >
> > Nobody at the McDonald's where you work has
> ever
> > been arrested for DWI or anything EVER?
> >
> > > now this officer committing fraud????
> >
> > It's too bad, it happened, he's gone.
> >
> > > Such a small PD community for so many
> > crimes....
> >
> > Alexandria PD with around 350 officers is not a
> > small department. The officers, for the most
> part,
> > are very good. The police administration is
> > incompetent at best.

Posted by: Lindsay ()
Date: November 30, 2012 07:45PM

Hello,

I would like to know if I can quote any of you in a story I'm writing. And if you're able to talk more, I'd like to hear from you. Thanks!

Posted by: FD11 ()
Date: January 17, 2013 05:07PM

Don't like Alexandria? MOVE.

Your 3 million dollar house is getting broken into? You don't have an alarm/security system? YOU DESERVE TO GET ROBBED.

Again, don't like Alexandria? MOVE.

Posted by: Ralph ()
Date: January 30, 2013 10:36PM

Move? Screw it, just get a concealed carry permit. This is Virginia, you have the right to defend yourself and property. I've lived in Montgomery County, Prince Georges County and NW DC, and can say resolutely that crime is much lower in Alexandria (at least the OT portion).

I do wish the police were more mobile (on bikes and so forth), but generally they seem to do a decent job. I honestly don't notice much crime at all, let alone major crime. The crime is most petty crap of car breakins and the like and I can pinpoint where it's coming from.

I think in almost 3 years, the worst thing I had was some drunk bum harassing me for money by the Braddock Road Metro. Wasn't even worth the phone call to the police.

Posted by: DCRes ()
Date: February 04, 2013 12:17AM

Please. I was born and raised in NE DC by Hechinger Mall. My family moved to Suitland, MD were I went to elementary school. I used to find crack bags at my bus stop (literally). In DC I used to hear gunshots almost on a daily basis - who cares.

You baby bitches who cry about Alexandria need to grow some.

Posted by: tyrone II ()
Date: February 04, 2013 10:39PM

DCRes Wrote:
> Please. I was born and raised in NE DC by
> Hechinger Mall. My family moved to Suitland, MD
> were I went to elementary school. I used to find
> crack bags at my bus stop (literally). In DC I
> used to hear gunshots almost on a daily basis -
> who cares.
>
> You baby bitches who cry about Alexandria need to
> grow some.

How about you niggers just stay on your side of the river?

Posted by: Alex Res ()
Date: February 05, 2013 11:15PM

Best thing about the internet: It gives everyone a voice.
Worst thing about the internet: It gives everyone a voice.

To change the subject from what was being discussed above, why do any of you bother to argue with people on sites like this? You're never going to convince anyone that they are wrong. Some of you are very well-informed folks who are coherent enough to state your case by [gasp] using logic and facts. Why spend the time responding to the ridiculous posts?

It honestly is something I've often wondered about. And I have to say I respect the nobility in your efforts. You see "discussions" like these everywhere nowadays and I usually cannot bring myself to read them. The low level of conversation that predominates is depressing. And, as I said, there are always a few well-intentioned, well-informed gentlemen and women who attempt to explain things but the flamers never listen.

I appreciate efforts to defend, in this case, Alexandria and its police force, but really, why spend the effort?

Cheers,
From someone who used to bang his head against the wall while tilting at windmills (in the romantic and idealistic "solve all problems" kind of way).

Posted by: GZ ()
Date: February 27, 2013 05:29PM

THUGZ 4 LIFE representing Da city of Alexandria

Posted by: GZZ ()
Date: February 28, 2013 01:00AM

"Thugz 4 life? Da city?" Geeeeeez, I never knew Alexandria citizens believed they live in the ghetto. Alexandria is a suburb of D.C.... the Suburbs!! Not only a suburb, but in the top 10 richest suburbs in the entire nation! The crime is almost non existent for a city and the residents live on 1+ million dollar properties. More Starbuck's here than Seattle. Wankstas 4 lyfe! HAHA.

John Stackhouse needs a life.

Posted by: Token ()
Date: March 05, 2013 02:32AM

GZZ Wrote:
> "Thugz 4 life? Da city?" Geeeeeez, I never knew
> Alexandria citizens believed they live in the
> ghetto. Alexandria is a suburb of D.C.... the
> Suburbs!! Not only a suburb, but in the top 10
> richest suburbs in the entire nation! The crime
> is almost non existent for a city and the
> residents live on 1+ million dollar properties.
> More Starbuck's here than Seattle. Wankstas 4
> lyfe! HAHA.
>
> John Stackhouse needs a life.

What's the matter, don't want to admit about the the lines outside the mental health office on St. Asaph and all the projects? I'll give the city some credit for tearing down small chunks of ghetto, but you can't turn a blind eye to the massive blight.

I guess that's what a liberal mind set gets you -- thousands of freeloaders and high crime rates.

Posted by: Stephen ()
Date: April 04, 2013 07:25PM

I think these people that break into houses should be put on a public registry when caught. call the town hall and demand it.

Posted by: Haw Haw ()
Date: July 02, 2013 09:36PM

I had both of my cars emptied of their GPS's during a monday night football game last year. I was the idiot for not locking them for the night. But considering the cars were parked 50 ft up the driveway and not on the curb leaves me thinking my neighbor's guest was implicit in the theft.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.