HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Alexandria :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Press Release About Perjuring Priest Bob Malm
Posted by: Eric..Bonetti ()
Date: November 08, 2021 02:11PM

The following press release goes live on the wires tomorrow:

Alexandria VA — Representatives of Episcopal priest Bob Malm, who is accused in civil proceedings of committing perjury, abuse of process, and spoliation of evidence, today rejected an offer of mediation from plaintiff Eric Bonetti.

Malm’s attorney cited a lack of trust, a lack of concern about the outcome of litigation, and concerns that details of mediation might be made public as reasons for the decision. The announcement includes the Episcopal Dioceses of Virginia and Massachusetts, St. Gabriel’s Church in Marion, Mass.; and Grace Episcopal Church in Alexandria, VA.

“It is amusing that the Episcopal Church talks about ‘respecting the dignity of every human being’ and ‘striving for justice and peace,’ even as it rejects out of hand allegations of perjury and other misconduct by its clergy,” says Bonetti.

“Moreover, the denomination has been offered an opportunity to work with an independent mediator to resolve conflict,” which it rejects citing ‘lack of trust,’ even as it ignores its own canons, including those specifying how it responds to allegations of clergy. Those factors, combined with the Episcopal Church’s own lack of integrity, hardly put it in a position to claim the moral high ground.

“My offer was a one-time proposition, so going forward I will continue to vigorously oppose the denomination and its egregiously unethical conduct by all peaceful means, including litigation as well as outreach to the media and the public.

“Further, having behaved badly, the Episcopal Church does not get to dictate the response of those it has hurt. That is axiomatic, yet the Episcopal Church appears to have no concept of the underlying dynamics.

“In short, if it doesn’t involve sex, kids, or money, it’s not abuse in the Episcopal Church. Don’t even bother to bring it up.”

Bonetti and his husband were among the first same-sex couples married in the denomination, which they have since left.

Malm retired as rector of Grace Episcopal Alexandria, and now serves as interim of St. Peter’s-on-the-Canal, in Bourne Mass.

Prior to Malm’s retirement, Grace Episcopal had faced years of declining giving and attendance. Now, following years of litigation and adverse public relations, as well as the ravages of the pandemic, some believe the church will close its doors within the next few years.

“I believe Grace Church to be a narcissistic organization, in which it views itself as somehow ‘special’ and “amazing,” even as it demonstrates a consistent inability to act with integrity, “ Bonetti adds. “That includes the membership of the church, which repeatedly has engaged in conduct that is nothing short of shocking in its lack of care and concern for others.

“I believe Grace Episcopal Church will close its doors in the not distant future.”

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Press Release About Perjuring Priest Bob Malm
Posted by: Puzzled ()
Date: November 08, 2021 03:07PM

Confetti? I thought you were dead. It’s a sign of your growing desperation that after all the time and money you’ve wasted that you were trying to mediate. It’s a sign of their complete lack of concern about you and your crackpot schemes that they laughed in your face. Good for them. Go ring your big, crazy bell. lol

Posted by: ¿Que? ()
Date: November 08, 2021 04:27PM

I don’t get it. He keeps losing in court so he proposes a mediation? It doesn’t make any sense at all. Who in their right mind would accept that?

He’s also wrong about the church. They forgive murderers but expect them to do their punishment in prison. They pray for the severely handicapped, but won’t allow them to throw feces in the church. They pray for the insane (Bonetti), but cannot feed their delusions.

Posted by: The truth, it burns. ()
Date: November 08, 2021 07:40PM

¿Que? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don’t get it. He keeps losing in court so he
> proposes a mediation? It doesn’t make any sense
> at all. Who in their right mind would accept
> that?

IKR? He’s like, “Now that I’ve softened them up by losing numerous lawsuits and appeals to them, surely I’m in a position to finally dictate my terms to them. They’ll HAVE to acquiesce to my demands or face having to watch me lose many more legal actions against them!”

It’s rock solid proof of his pudding brain sodden with insanity.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.