HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Alexandria :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Check it Out: My Comments on Episcopal Cafe
Posted by: Eric_Bonetti ()
Date: March 11, 2019 05:13PM

There’s a great article on Episcopal Cafe about the importance of social media to the church. It can be found at https://www.episcopalcafe.com/the-diocese-of-the-internet-the-ministry-of-bishops-in-the-social-media-age/

And here are my comments:

I agree with the underlying thrust of this article, and see it as applicable to parish clergy as well. Indeed, I get considerable amusement from clergy who claim their passion is outreach, yet haven’t posted to Facebook in seven months. Less amusing, but sad, are churches that think that social media consists of announcing on Twitter that a new sermon has been posted.

Of course, if you really do have an online conversation, you have to be prepared for some rough and tumble. Church Twitter accounts that block critics, for example, will inevitably fail. Similarly, you may wind up discussing issues that are edgy or uncomfortable. That’s all to the good, as the gospel is not always a message of comfort.

And, if like a certain church in Virginia, you go to court to shut down criticism, it’s a pretty safe bet that 20-something’s are going to take a pass, and that it is placing its future in jeopardy. Just sayin’....

Yup, Sugarland Chiow and Dysfunctional Bob are doing their best to prove that Grace Church simply can’t cut it in the 21st century. Nor is that a bad thing; the world is better off without clergy who, like Bob Malm, lie under oath, and churches that try to drag the dying into court.

Oh, and before the more stupid within the parish (you know who you are) start running around saying I just defamed Bob Malm, ask to see his proof that my mom “repeatedly makes appointments with him and no-shows.” He has none. Bob lies under oath, and I am happy to provide copies of his written statement, made under oath, that says exactly that.

#clueless #fakechristians

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Check it Out: My Comments on Episcopal Cafe
Posted by: dying mommy ()
Date: March 11, 2019 06:42PM

Shouldn't you be more concerned about her than some doohickey priest?

Re: Check it Out: My Comments on Episcopal Cafe
Posted by: Bob Malm, sack of shit ()
Date: March 11, 2019 07:18PM

Attachments:
D87CD9CD-5AB8-4D0C-BF4F-32E1BD184A28.jpeg

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.