HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Alexandria :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Grace Episcopal Church Faces Burgeoning Budget Deficit
Posted by: Eric Bonetti ()
Date: October 14, 2018 09:54PM

Following its decision to try to silence critics by falsely claiming that the church was threatened by, in the words of attorney Jeff “Sugarland” Chiow, “domestic terrorism,” and its decision to try to drag a woman dying of COPD into court, Grace Episcopal Church is facing a growing budget deficit.

On the giving side, year-to-date income is down by approximately $50,000. Compounding that are the soaring costs of HVAC repairs, which, as I have posted previously, were entirely expected, but glossed over during the formulation of this year’s budget. In other words, the church budgeted too little money for these repairs, even though they were entirely foreseeable given the age of the physical plant, the extent of deferred capital investment, and the sorry state of major HVAC components.

As a result of these bad decisions, depending on how the church manages its Q4 expenditures, and how much revenue it pulls in, the deficit could easily surge beyond 10 percent of the annual budget.

Moreover, next year looks to be even worse. Not only will medical insurance premiums increase sharply, but the increasing average age of parishioners, the influence of natural attrition, the quickening pace of inflation, and the inability of parishioners to increase giving to offset the loss of further pledging units spells a perfect storm.

Additionally, the lasting reputational harm of the church’s decision, made at Bob Malm’s urging, to “discipline” me (his choice of diction) as a former member by filing a civil complaint against me claiming that various words, taken out of context, somehow consititute a threat, together with Bob Malm’s smear campaign against me, have greatly damaged the church’s reputation. For the first time, parishioners and members of the community alike can see in writing the sorts of things Bob Malm says about parishioners, and they are neither Christ-like, nor pastoral. Nor does this sort of tomfoolery reassure people about the church’s organizational or collective good judgment.

Meanwhile, Bob’s flying monkeys here on Fairfax Underground continue their efforts to prove just how toxic the church really is with their ad hominem attacks, untruthful statements and defamatory statements. And the emails between Grace parishioners and Bob Malm about me show just how ugly the behind-the-scenes discourse really is in this sad, dysfunctional church.

In short, Grace Episcopal aka St. Dysfunction is fast approaching a meltdown, and things are only going to get worse. In fact, my prediction is that, with members of the community increasingly aware of the church’s claim that it is a terrorist target, there will be a major decrease in attendance and giving during the Christmas holidays. After all, with Bob Malm invoking fictional church shootings in the fictional town of Sugarland Texas in his legal documents, my bet is people are wary on multiple fronts.
Attachments:
807E1540-70C4-462A-BB4D-7AB0CA9463A8.jpeg

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.