HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Alexandria :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
LocksmithLocksmith/ Gold Locksmith--Ripoff Alert! Arlington VA 2133 N Taft St Arlington, VA 22201
Posted by: Mike N ()
Date: June 07, 2016 09:15PM

Locksmiths/Gold Locksmith
Posted by: Mike N ()
Date: June 07, 2016 09:07PM

Never use!! Ripoff/Fraud Alert!!

Gold Locksmith of Arlington VA

2133 N Taft St
Arlington, VA 22201

https://www.yelp.com/biz/gold-locksmith-arlington

Will strait lie to you on price, then act like they are doing a favor in reducing a price that was already nearly 4 times the price quoted.

Called due to keys locked in car (dropped out of pocket when getting out of car). I was quoted $34 + $19 call out charge.

Guy gets there 10 minutes late, then starts to stick equipment in door frame. After inserting asks how much I was quoted I said 34+ the call out fee. He responds saying it "starts at $34 dollars and goes up". I immediately ask how much and I get $180 as the price.

I immediately refuse, and state again what I was quoted. Guy says he will waive the call out fee...yeah big relief, but he cannot drop any lower.

I tell him he can pull it out and leave then. He then drops to 160.
I respond that a still inaccurate to their quote but comparable price was $60 from another locksmith's quote. says he can drop to 150 but no more. I respond with I can go to $80, he ponders & drops to 120, I say $100 but he cannot go back with less.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.