HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Alexandria :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Sideswiped by taxi, police believe his lies, now what?
Posted by: j3wIQ1Jb ()
Date: August 11, 2013 03:25PM

So I'm merging onto 395-N from 495 and this taxi tries to pass me on the shoulder to my left on the ramp. When he sees that he won't be able to pass, he just collides into my car and takes off.

I catch up to him 3 exits later and call the cops for the hit and run.

Cop listens to me then goes to the cab driver. Cabbie apparently says that he was in the traffic lane and I merged into him. Also says that I was the one who wouldn't pull over.

Cop trades our insurance info and washes his hands of the situation. "I didn't see it."

The damage to my car is minor, the deductible should cover it, but this lying fucking reckless driver has got me heated. What are my options now?

Balwinder Singh
14009 Winding Ridge Ln
Centreville, VA 20121

Union Cab #852

Tried calling the cab company to let them know that one of their employees drives like this, but they don't give a fuck.
Attachments:
2013-08-11_12-56-28_359 2.jpg
2013-08-11_13-29-02_648.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sideswiped by taxi, police believe his lies, now what?
Posted by: BEH ()
Date: August 12, 2013 08:06AM

Next time , let him merge.

There are so many pissing matches around here regarding driving, especially merging.

Many, especially foreigners, and ESPECIALLY Paki cab drivers can't drive for shit.

Thats not to say Americans are great drivers either, but at least they'll try to avoid a collison.

Immigrants hit you without a second thought.

And don't forget , the cops see this shit everyday. They don't have time to get involved in everyones useless territorial highway battles.

I see it everyday too. Someone trying to merge , and some douche speeding up to block them.

You say you had the right of way, lets assume you did.

But if you see some douche isn't going to stop, its best to just let them go, which you've learned the hard way.

Re: Sideswiped by taxi, police believe his lies, now what?
Posted by: stephen ()
Date: August 14, 2013 06:49PM

Revenge is never the answer, but it does make a person feel better and should always be served cold. it's possible this cab kept a log of pick ups or maybe had GPS. I agree with BEH, just let the assholes pass. In the mean time email your state rep and push for stronger Immigration laws. Where I live they just throw there trash on the floor. I can't stand them and will never make them feel welcome in America. Keep in mind you do have this Guys address, I would check to see if he really lived there, if not he filed a false police report. It's a shame you didn't send him into a guard rail. The only loss would of been the Guard rail.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.