HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
where were you on 9-11?
Posted by: History questions ()
Date: September 10, 2012 10:08PM

where were you on 9-11?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: where were you on 9-11?
Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: September 11, 2012 08:38AM

in bed having sex

Posted by: Alejandra ()
Date: September 11, 2012 09:06AM

I was in Arlington having breakfast with my then fiancé. We were going to go to Washington DC and were getting ready to head to the Pentagon metro station. As we were about the leave you heard a loud noise that I will never forget and then the house shook. It was when the plane had crashed against the pentagon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2012 09:16AM by Alejandra.

Posted by: pentagon worker ()
Date: September 11, 2012 09:14AM

Been working in the Pentagon for 20 years. Was here when it hit. Was one of the lucky ones. Knew some people that didnn't make it.

R.I.P. for those who did not.

Posted by: Dr. Venkman ()
Date: September 11, 2012 09:17AM

I was attending a huge trade show in Portland, Oregon. For the previous two days, it had been dark and rainy. On 9/11, I woke up, opened the curtains in my hotel room to glorious, bright sunshine. I said aloud, "It's going to be a great day!"

Then I turned on the TV and saw what had unfolded on the east coast an hour earlier. Trade show management opted to cancel the remainder of the event as everyone was focused on finding their way home.

Posted by: Scott ()
Date: September 11, 2012 10:18AM

Driving a school bus - FCPS

Posted by: oh momma ()
Date: September 11, 2012 02:18PM

this is coming out soon
Attachments:
1341925350275.jpg

Posted by: Lester ()
Date: September 11, 2012 02:25PM

I was thinking somebody was thinking they were going to make big bucks out of this.

Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: September 11, 2012 02:58PM

Driving home on 66 east that afternoon I saw lots of flatbed trucks transporting heavy military equipment into DC. Because 395 North was closed and the beltway was screwed, I had to cut through DC, onto K street to get to the 14th St. Bridge going south. I drove past the smoldering Pentagon.

Posted by: R_in_FFX ()
Date: September 11, 2012 03:50PM

Old town Alexandria.. I was running late for work listening to Howard Stern. When someone first mentioned it on the show they thought it was a joke until they got up to look out the window where they have a view of the WTC. Remember sitting in the car another 10 minutes listening before I went into the office not really caring that I was late that day.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: September 11, 2012 04:11PM

I had just dialed into a 9AM conference call when someone on the other end interrupted and said "a plane attacked the world trade center". I remember thinking "what the fuck does that mean?", and imagining some guy in a Cessna hanging out the plane's window firing a machine gun. We actually finished the whole call and someone else on the line said "you guys really need to turn on the news". I got back to my office and noticed our web connection was down. I had an email from my friend in NYC that said he saw a plane crash into the World Trade Center and that there was more than one that struck the building. Then another email from a friend in Crystal City saying that he could see thick black smoke coming out of the Pentagon. Still wondering what the fuck was going on, I asked my friend in NY, "Joe, what kind of planes were these?" I still remember feeling a pit in my stomach when I read his terse reply, "They were commercial airliners".

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: September 11, 2012 04:30PM

D ring of the Pentagon. No one panicked during the evac. Many if us in uniform tried to get over to the crash site side of the bldg to help out, and did until the feds booted us. Drove to Ft. Myer (took 2 hrs to get on post) and gave blood, then went to Murphy's in Old Town and drank heavily. My old office on E ring was taken out with heavy loss of life. I Think about those folks everyday.
You cocksuckers that joke abut it can suck my dick.

Posted by: Unhinged Jaw ()
Date: September 11, 2012 04:34PM

I was laying in bed while on travel for work in Louisiana and watching the news. We were an hour back, so I was up kind of early when the Today show broke in with a plane having hit the WTC. I first thought it was a Cessna or another small plane, something like when the B25 hit the Empire State Building. When they showed the first image I shot out of bed and grabbed the phone to call back to DC to see what was going on, then the other tower got hit. I ended up driving back to DC the next day, then headed to NYC a couple of days after that.

Posted by: graymoose1 ()
Date: September 11, 2012 06:24PM

In Front Royal building the Hampton Inn off 66.
There is quarry next to us and they were blasting about the same time. Scared the shit out of us.

---------------------------------------------------
W.W.S.D. what would Scooby Doo

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: September 11, 2012 06:42PM

In Maryland in our client's facility. We watched the 2nd plane hit during the broadcast as we were in a place that had a TV on. It was hard to work that morning hearing all kinds of crazy rumors - 495 was completely shut down, 20+ planes flying and crashing, bombs at the state department, etc. At about noon I got the fuck out of there and travelled up 95 to 695 and then out I-70 to Frederick and down 15 into Leesburg then to 28. Took 2.5 hours but remember, I was under the impression that 495 was locked down.

Crazy fucking day.

Posted by: FusilliJerry ()
Date: September 11, 2012 10:48PM

I was in Salt Lake City on my way to the airport to get on a plane back to National. Amazingly, I didn't have the TV on in my rroom whiile getting ready and packing. Decided to walk out the lobby of the Hilton there at the airport where we were staying and I noticed a pilot watching the lobby TV and watched the first plane go in to WTC. I really didn't think anything about it other than "a plane hit one fo the towers of WTC." As i was getting to our rental truck, I mentioned it to a co-worker and we kept going to the airport to leave.

Drive up to do curbside check in and there was a girl there and her Dodge Caravan was broken down infront of the Delta chack-in. She was on the phone to her dad trying to get him to come out and help her. Then hse said "A plane hit the Pentagon?" That was when we figured something was up. Ended up checking in and then 15 minutes to board, airspace was shut down. Amazingly, we were able to get our rental back as every car rental place already had signs up saying that they were sold out. Our car rental place guy said"I will make it look like it was never turned in." and we were able to retrieve it. Couldn't get back into the hotel and all SLC hotels were booked. Ended up at a Courtyard across from BYU Staduim in Provo. Those folks were extremely accomodating. Spent that day glued to the TV and calling folks to tell them we were OK and not to worry. We were stuck out there for 5 days. Almost made the choice to drive back.

We were the 2nd flight out of SLC when we came back. Our flight into National was canceled, so we had to go into Dulles through Minneapolis. Got there and our flight was canceld and we couldn't get our luggage. Northwest put us up in a hotel for the night and had us on a Dulles flight the next morning. the only way we made that flight was my co-worker had our flight itenerary from the night before in here purse and they allowed us to check in at the gate instead of the NW counter. The line was the entire length of the terminal. Made it to Dulles, was picked up by my dad and later took me down to National to pick up my truck from the parking lot there. Had to fight to get there because of all the people trying to drive past the Pentagon to see the crash site.

Posted by: More live than live TV ()
Date: September 11, 2012 11:12PM

... was getting ready in my apt in Franklin Lakes, NJ to go to my work in Allendale, NJ when I turned on the TV. The speculation about the smoke from the north tower was that a small plane, possibly a traffic plane, accidentally entered into the north tower but that was only until the second plane hit the south tower, which the TV at first called an explosion since the camera showing the live angle did not capture the second plane.

After a few replays it was quite obvious as to what just happened out there.

Soon after that, rushed to a place near a diner off Rt-17 in Bergen county from where you could see the Manhattan skyline across the river; saw the south tower come down into a heap minutes after getting there, so much of smoke and dust, couldn't really make out much except most of those watching thought it was an explosion. It was the most sinking feeling ever when people started saying that the south tower came down completely.

Clear blue skies on cool mornings, much like today in northern VA, still give me the chills.

Posted by: Ito ()
Date: September 11, 2012 11:29PM

I was working a block away from the White House. Our organization had two congressmen and a senator speaking in our conference room for what was to be a fully catered breakfast meeting.

As soon as the news broke, everyone evacuated the building and didn't return. As the IT guy, I stayed behind to power down the servers and send backups to off-side storage in case of disaster.

By 11 a.m. the maintenance man and I were to only ones left in the building and all the streets outside were shut down by national guard MPs.

We decided to just hang out in the basement conference room. It had a large TV and there was a huge amount of good food left over from the abandoned meeting. We sat and watched TV and ate food until 8 p.m. when we locked up and went home.

Posted by: Kato Kaelin ()
Date: September 11, 2012 11:33PM

Ito Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was working a block away from the White House.
> Our organization had two congressmen and a senator
> speaking in our conference room for what was to be
> a fully catered breakfast meeting.
>
> As soon as the news broke, everyone evacuated the
> building and didn't return. As the IT guy, I
> stayed behind to power down the servers and send
> backups to off-side storage in case of disaster.
>
> By 11 a.m. the maintenance man and I were to only
> ones left in the building and all the streets
> outside were shut down by national guard MPs.
>
> We decided to just hang out in the basement
> conference room. It had a large TV and there was a
> huge amount of good food left over from the
> abandoned meeting. We sat and watched TV and ate
> food until 8 p.m. when we locked up and went home.

Ito, FTW! That story rocks right there...I don't care who ya' are.

Posted by: NOVATRUCKER ()
Date: September 12, 2012 08:59PM

every morning i would drive by the pentagon on 395 going into nova coming back out of baltimore at the same time that it was struck....that morning i overslept ...i was still northbound on 95 in maryland when chili on 107 broke in with the news....massive amount of blacked out suburbans blasting past me at 100 mph (i was doing 70)....i shut operations down at 11a.m. and it still took me 5 hours to get that rig back to southern maryland from baltimore and that was way over on 301...not even close to the city

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: September 12, 2012 09:04PM

In bed asleep. Got a phone call by an Aussie friend of mine frantically telling me about the planes that hit the WTC. I couldn't understand a damn thing he was saying but I was now awake so I went into the living room and my dad had the TV on. I thought he was watching a movie. I asked what it was and he said that planes had flown into the WTC and it doesn't appear to be an accident. Then they started in with the reports of the Pentagon being hit and United 93 not responding and then disappearing. Later on UPS dropped off my first laptop I had ordered the week before. Still have that dinosaur...doesn't work though. Sentimental, I guess.

Posted by: Cockface ()
Date: September 13, 2012 07:45AM

America deserved it,america should stop fuckig with other nationa and worry about themselves fucking iraq was not are problem fuckinf usa trys policing the world fuck the usa!!

Posted by: Facecock ()
Date: September 13, 2012 08:42AM

Cockface Wrote:
> America deserved it,america should stop fuckig
> with other nationa and worry about themselves
> fucking iraq was not are problem fuckinf usa trys
> policing the world fuck the usa!!

SO BRAVE!

Posted by: hoping you will ()
Date: September 13, 2012 10:57AM

Cockface Wrote:
> America deserved it,america should stop fuckig
> with other nationa and worry about themselves
> fucking iraq was not are problem fuckinf usa trys
> policing the world fuck the usa!!

please please please die soon...just consider yourself a martyr and fall on one of your daddy's swords....or at the very least go live in a country that better aligns with your beliefs....i'm possitive your right, it's much better somewhere else, so just leave and go there....none of us want you here...don't you understand? and you can stop trying to learn english because it's not going very well for you.....your nothing but a turd of humanity....but the truly sad part of your existence (other than the fact that your wasting our resourses) is that our brave soldiers fight and die for the freedoms you enjoy here

don't bother responding, i refuse to acknowledge your participation in our civilized society.....we may not be perfect but we have it alot better than anyone else on this planet and i have faith, hope and optimism for my kids and following generations that it will only get better

Posted by: meh ()
Date: September 13, 2012 12:28PM

Ralph Pootawn Wrote:
> in bed having sex

weirdposition.jpg

Posted by: kardiac ()
Date: September 13, 2012 12:31PM

I was on a plane out of BWI to Tampa. We must have landed just before all planes were grounded. I was walking through the terminal wondering why everyone was looking at the TVs

Posted by: mgnut ()
Date: September 13, 2012 07:22PM

Ito Wrote:
> I was working a block away from the White House.
> Our organization had two congressmen and a senator
> speaking in our conference room for what was to be
> a fully catered breakfast meeting.
>
> As soon as the news broke, everyone evacuated the
> building and didn't return. As the IT guy, I
> stayed behind to power down the servers and send
> backups to off-side storage in case of disaster.
>
> By 11 a.m. the maintenance man and I were to only
> ones left in the building and all the streets
> outside were shut down by national guard MPs.
>
> We decided to just hang out in the basement
> conference room. It had a large TV and there was a
> huge amount of good food left over from the
> abandoned meeting. We sat and watched TV and ate
> food until 8 p.m. when we locked up and went home.

I too was 1 block away from the White House. Right across from the Old Executive Bldg. We were evacuated around 9:45 right after the OEB was evacuated. I take metro but got a ride with a co-worker back to my car at the park and ride. It was like bumper cars leaving DC with lots of cars banging into others to get in line faster than other vehicles. It was crazy. Drove by 50 sort of near the Pentagon and saw the heavy smoke. I didn't have a cell phone but borrowed the drives carphone but the circuits were all busy. Went to a bank and withdrew 500 dollars just incase of a local SHTF and watched everything on TV.

Posted by: WestfieldDad ()
Date: September 13, 2012 07:23PM

Just in the office in Reston.

But, three true stories -

End of May 2011. The dot-com I had been working with went out of business. Two of the key people wanted me to join them as CTO in a new startup they were forming. I decided I couldn't do it - too iffy, too many hours away from home. Got an email from one of them on Sept 11. They had been in the Towers in the morning and were across the street when the planes hit. Had I joined, I'd probably been with them or, less likely, representing the fledgling company at the IT/financial industry trade show that was being held that morning in Windows on the World. Some of their friends were at the show.

AP Photographer Amy Sancetta was one of my sister's best friends growing up. She was in NYC to photograph the the US Tennis Open. Stayed afterwards and happened to drop in the office on 9/11. She was told a plane had hit one of the towers. Assumed it was a little one. Grabbed a bike and rode down towards the Towers. Among her photos -

http://news.ca.msn.com/9-11-anniversary/worst-terrorist-attacks-in-history?page=7

Labor Day, 2011, I was with my family on the Capitol balcony looking out over DC. I'd been reading about the situation with al Qaeda over the years and had read Clancy's Debt of Honor. Saw in my mind's eye a commercial jet being used by al Qaeda to attack DC.

Posted by: laughing in my soiled underwear ()
Date: September 13, 2012 07:24PM

i was being molested by a priest behind the dominos in fairfax city. ill never forget that was the day i learned to love cock.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.