HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Three Bell Village
Posted by: SLC ()
Date: May 30, 2008 01:58PM

Has anyone ever lived in the Three Bell Village condos (3 bedroom/2 bath - 3rd Floor) in Alexandria, VA?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Three Bell Village
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: May 30, 2008 02:34PM

no.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Lurker.. ()
Date: May 31, 2008 05:44PM

no

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: May 31, 2008 06:16PM

Never heard of the place, so out of curiousity I googled "Three Bell Village". The only hit I got was this thread here on FU.

Are you sure you are calling it by the correct name?

Posted by: FLY ()
Date: May 31, 2008 06:19PM

Doesn't ring a bell LOL IM FUNNY

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: May 31, 2008 07:57PM

SLC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has anyone ever lived in the Three Bell Village
> condos (3 bedroom/2 bath - 3rd Floor) in
> Alexandria, VA?

I'm sure some people have lived there.

Posted by: HIGHWAY RESIDENT ()
Date: June 01, 2008 12:41AM

this is located in the Sacramento Dr. area off Richmond HWY... I have friends that live over there. WATCH YOUR BACK! ;P

Posted by: RE Agt ()
Date: September 15, 2008 02:38PM

Hi!
Three Bell Village is also known as "The Villages". The condo units are located off of Sacramento Drive in Alexandria and consist of garden style and townhouse style condos. There is a unit for sale in there: 3 bed / 2 bath garden style condo for $98K. The complex is FHA approved and is very affordable with easy access to public transportation.

Posted by: Bonfire ()
Date: September 15, 2008 04:17PM

Which tells me that crack and everything else is also conveniently accessible for this neighborhood.

Posted by: Glen ()
Date: May 04, 2011 10:56PM

I used to live in Three Bell Village. Mine was a 2 bedroom/1 bath. I sold it in 2005 for over $189,000.00. I've driven through lately and what I observed I don't think I would buy for $25,000.00!

Posted by: judy ()
Date: April 17, 2014 06:30PM

Does this complex accept the section 8 voucher? ?

Posted by: Anon-y-Mouse ()
Date: July 07, 2017 12:58PM

Do NOT move into this complex. Our condo is just fine, but the grounds are MISERABLE. There are holes all over the place in the pavement and in the lawn. I've fallen multiple times. The lawn is covered with these bizarre hills and therefore there is a ton of flooding. It looks like they dug the pathways (if you can call them that) and then just spread grass seed all over them to make it look like a lawn. The "pathways" are decrepit and crumbling. There's been a broken window in our tower (common area so should be maintained by the complex) for the entire year we've lived there. Cleaning crews are there once a week, if that.

People use the dumpster as a dumping ground. I assume it must be people who do not live at TBV, because there is no way that the residents are generating THAT MUCH garbage on a consistent basis. Not only does trash flood the bins, but it gets strewn all about the parking lot resulting in crows and even vultures lurking around.

The property management doesn't take your concerns seriously. There is no online system you can use to communicate with them. Just Google Three Bell Village and you'll see what I mean -- it's as if it doesn't exist. I have no idea who even owns the complex. A representative of the property management even told me that she does not have an email address and he needs to communicate with her solely by phone and in person. When you have a complaint, they strike an, "I know, I know," attitude, acting as if they have no power over the situation even though they are well aware of the problems. While there apparently is a Board, there is no transparency. I have never seen or heard of meetings or ways for owners/tenants to communicate with the Board.

The complex seems to have an agreement with a towing company, because they are definitely engaged in predatory patrolling of the lot. Even though there are plenty of spaces, they will snatch your car up in the blink of an eye. For all the lack of care that the property management shows toward the condition of the complex, they sure do care a lot about towing cars!

There are no amenities in the complex -- not even so much as public trash cans on the property (unless you count the flooded dumpsters).

If you have extraordinarily low standards, sure, go on and rent here. You'll get a roof over your head and your individual unit would probably be okay. But I would discourage buying a unit under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. Even if you make the inside of the unit look immaculate, the exterior conditions will make it hard for you to flip the unit and will ultimately drive down the value of the home. I've seen multiple neighbors do incredible work to the inside of their condos in an effort to sell but they have no luck. I feel sorry for them. But I would never, ever buy in TBV. What a joke. It's a shame because there is so much potential but whoever owns the property simply has no respect for the owners.

If you want to move to this area (it's an okay area in my opinion; I've never had any problems), I recommend moving to one of the complexes across or further down Sacramento or even on the other side of Village Green Drive. The difference in care and maintenance is stunning.

I never really imagined a property management/complex owner, except in the slums, could have such little respect for its tenants.

Posted by: tbv review ()
Date: July 07, 2017 10:01PM

nice review, thank you.
Some of the other stuff does occasionally make me laugh on here, and a lot is nonsense. and then sometimes you run into into a well crafted, serious written response to a question. FFU has it all.
This is why FFU is so great!

Posted by: SteveBannon ()
Date: July 10, 2017 05:08PM

I lived at the hotel across from Sacramento Center circa 2007. Shit hole area with HEAVY ffx co police presence. Only Afrikans live there.

Posted by: patg ()
Date: May 08, 2018 08:59AM

Who is the property management company?

Posted by: AnthonyCumia ()
Date: May 08, 2018 10:59AM

Do they sell soup there?

Posted by: Sacramento Center LOL ()
Date: May 09, 2018 07:38AM

RE Agt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi!
> Three Bell Village is also known as "The
> Villages". The condo units are located off of
> Sacramento Drive in Alexandria and consist of
> garden style and townhouse style condos. There is
> a unit for sale in there: 3 bed / 2 bath garden
> style condo for $98K. The complex is FHA approved
> and is very affordable with easy access to public
> transportation.

Hang out there any given day....notice how I said “day?”
At nite, nothing but drugs n thugs.
There’s a reason ffx co police call the area a “corridor” as in “drug corridor, crack corridor and prostitution corridor....

Posted by: Fate fell short ()
Date: May 09, 2018 11:36AM

Lol this..
Attachments:
IMG_20180509_080841_463.jpg

Posted by: Who cares ()
Date: May 15, 2020 01:36AM

These condos are under new management as of today. Looks like they're cleaning things up with renovations of the shitty sidewalks and exterior of every building. I've seen them after viewing a place to rent and I went in expecting a piece of crap but the place I got is niiice!!! I've been scoping it out at night and haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary or anything that concerned me. Who knows what crazy stuff could happen though! Always be vigilant

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.