HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Robbery on South Lakes Drive Reston
Posted by: @3:45AManythingcanhappen ()
Date: May 29, 2008 03:57PM

Fairfax County Police Department
Public Information Office
4100 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax, Va. 22030
703-246-2253. TTY 703-204-2264. Fax 703-246-4253
FCPD-PIO@fairfaxcounty.gov
www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police
News Release: 08/150/0291/EJA/(5)
May 29, 2008

Robbery on South Lakes Drive

A 32-year-old Reston woman reported being robbed while walking on South Lakes Drive. The victim was on the sidewalk near Soapstone Drive on Thursday, May 29 at 3:45 a.m. when the suspect appeared. The victim was pushed to the ground and the suspect demanded money, while implying he had a gun. He took property and cash. The suspect fled, and the victim was not injured.

The suspect was described as black, in his 20s. He was approximately 6 feet tall and 175 pounds. He was wearing a black, long sleeved sweater and dark jeans.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Solvers by phone at 1-866-411-TIPS(8477), e-mail at www.fairfaxcrimesolvers.org or text “TIP187” plus your message to CRIMES(274637) or call Fairfax County Police at 703-691-2131.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Robbery on South Lakes Drive Reston
Posted by: Oh Shit ()
Date: May 29, 2008 04:01PM

Oh, shit. I know a guy that fits that description to a T! I'm going to call him and let him know about this.

But seriously. Woman have no business walking alone at 3:45AM, no matter where you live.

Fortunately, for the criminal, he has a 99.99999% of NOT getting caught. One advantage of being a 6'0 tall 175 lb black man I suppose....

am i rite or am i rite

Posted by: paddy ()
Date: May 30, 2008 12:39AM

yeah what the hell was this chick thinking walking alone at 3:45am near South Lakes?? come on now..

Posted by: Counterpt ()
Date: May 30, 2008 07:19AM

Right…Blame the victim.

Who is really in jail in our country? Us.

Posted by: hmmmmm.... ()
Date: May 30, 2008 11:40AM

The location of this crime squares with my mental map of Reston - meaning that when I jog the trails it is one area I avoid (one can connect up to the Snakeden trails via Olde Crafts road nearby - coincidentally the site of a flashing incident also mentioned here). Reston takes some getting used to - the trails are beautiful - and so is the nature and flora and fauan to be found in relatively crowded suburbia - but at the same time it really makes sense to have a keen idea of the places to avoid. I used to feel a bit guilty at some of the alarms that went off in some areas (note when you run 8-10 miles a lot of different areas in Reston can be covered), but events such as this one confirm my fairly finely honed sense of danger.

And yes, one can legitimately question being alone at 3:45 at night in this area without blaming the victim.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.