HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Squire Rockwells
Posted by: FCPS EDUK8TR ()
Date: August 17, 2012 04:18PM

Now demolished, does anyone have some fond memories of the Squire Rockwells restaurant on the corner of 236 and Woodburn in Annandale? I remember the owner also had a restaurant in Occoquan. I had some great times there years ago. I loved their sign and colonial facade. Are there any non-corporate sponsored restaurants still around here?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Squire Rockwells
Posted by: bILLY ()
Date: August 17, 2012 04:20PM

I took a chick there in high school before a dance back in the mid 90's. Don't remember the meal but I remember dryhumping her after the dance in my basement and getting hella bad blue balls that night.

Posted by: FCPS EDUK8TR ()
Date: August 17, 2012 04:22PM

That must have been the SR in Dale City.

Posted by: 1995hoo ()
Date: August 17, 2012 04:37PM

The one on 236 is near where my parents live. I remember my grandparents loved that place and always wanted to go there when they visited (though that was a long time ago; my grandfather died in 1991). I seem to recall that it was called the Jolly Ox at some point prior to becoming Squire Rockwell's. There was at least one other Jolly Ox on Route 123 in Fairfax; I think there may have been a third one in Vienna that became the Steak & Ale restaurant where Huey Lewis supposedly discovered Bruce Hornsby (a story I've heard multiple times, but since Hornsby is from Williamsburg I wonder if it was in fact a restaurant down there somewhere). I heard somewhere that "The Jolly Ox" was a local name for "Steak & Ale" because Virginia's blue laws at the time prohibited a restaurant for being named for an alcoholic beverage.

I was a bit surprised when Squire Rockwell's closed, even though I hadn't been there in many years. I remember it always looked fairly crowded with old people. St Ambrose Church is located around the corner on Woodburn Road next to where Pine Ridge Elementary used to be, and the congregation at St Ambrose has long seemed disproportionately elderly. I always figured the elderly brigade who go to Saturday evening Mass at St Ambrose would keep Squire Rockwell's in business forever!

Posted by: K. Lepto ()
Date: August 17, 2012 05:43PM

1995hoo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The one on 236 is near where my parents live. I
> remember my grandparents loved that place and
> always wanted to go there when they visited
> (though that was a long time ago; my grandfather
> died in 1991). I seem to recall that it was called
> the Jolly Ox at some point prior to becoming
> Squire Rockwell's. There was at least one other
> Jolly Ox on Route 123 in Fairfax; I think there
> may have been a third one in Vienna that became
> the Steak & Ale restaurant where Huey Lewis
> supposedly discovered Bruce Hornsby (a story I've
> heard multiple times, but since Hornsby is from
> Williamsburg I wonder if it was in fact a
> restaurant down there somewhere). I heard
> somewhere that "The Jolly Ox" was a local name for
> "Steak & Ale" because Virginia's blue laws at the
> time prohibited a restaurant for being named for
> an alcoholic beverage.
>
> I was a bit surprised when Squire Rockwell's
> closed, even though I hadn't been there in many
> years. I remember it always looked fairly crowded
> with old people. St Ambrose Church is located
> around the corner on Woodburn Road next to where
> Pine Ridge Elementary used to be, and the
> congregation at St Ambrose has long seemed
> disproportionately elderly. I always figured the
> elderly brigade who go to Saturday evening Mass at
> St Ambrose would keep Squire Rockwell's in
> business forever!

Hah, I used to liv across the street from St. Ambrose Church on Woodburn Road when I was in 5th and 6th grade... used to climb up on the roof of the church and other shennanigans. My brother went to Pine Ridge before it closed down and stole the "P" from the sign out front since it was the first letter of his name. Dined at Squire Rockwells a few times with the folks to celebrate a few birthdays and such.

Posted by: Tough One ()
Date: August 17, 2012 08:26PM

Very good memories, although that interior was a bit creepy. The best part about Squire's was the lobster deals. Only here, could you get lobster at a reasonable cost, and it was fresh. Those were the days, and its a shame that its no longer part of the area.

Posted by: She who must be obeyed ()
Date: August 18, 2012 02:44AM

"I was a bit surprised when Squire Rockwell's closed, even though I hadn't been there in many years"

I don't believe Squire Rockwell closed but had a very suspicious fire that spelled the end

I get the feeling the owner had been visited by folks from CVS

I wish they would have kept the sign
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: August 18, 2012 07:51AM

but CVS isnt really like that - they seem to LOVE destroying local landmarks, eh?
Attachments:
frozen dairy bar.jpg

Posted by: Good Place ()
Date: August 18, 2012 07:59AM

Just started dining at SR on 236 about a year before the fire. It was a unique gem in the cookie cutter suburbs of Fairfax. A decent steak for a good price, and an interesting layout. A little creepy, yes, especially when navigating to the bathrooms wondering if an ax murderer might be crawling in a dark corner. But that was part of the fun!

Posted by: LBSS circa 1982 ()
Date: August 18, 2012 10:31AM

A friend of mine from Lake braddock had a part time job at Squire Rockwell's washing dishes. He used to sneak out steaks and lobster tails with the trash. We had HUGE cookouts at fountainhead park. The lobster tails were frozen but still awesome if you cooked them properly.

Posted by: bubba wright ()
Date: August 18, 2012 11:51AM

I remember eating there one time. I think the dump closed at 10 and we were still eating at 930. The waitress started running a vacuum around our table. Yeah I got the hint so we left. But not before I left a nickel tip and shit on the bathroom floor.

Re: I wish they would have kept the sign
Posted by: Tough One ()
Date: August 18, 2012 08:49PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> but CVS isnt really like that - they seem to LOVE
> destroying local landmarks, eh?

Good point. They have ever since they bought out People's Drug, seem to have a propensity for doing just that. Complete agreement, and this is another example of that right here.

Date: August 20, 2012 09:26AM

K. Lepto Wrote:
> Hah, I used to liv across the street from St.
> Ambrose Church on Woodburn Road when I was in 5th
> and 6th grade... used to climb up on the roof of
> the church and other shennanigans. My brother
> went to Pine Ridge before it closed down and stole
> the "P" from the sign out front since it was the
> first letter of his name. Dined at Squire
> Rockwells a few times with the folks to celebrate
> a few birthdays and such.

I went to Pine Ridge from kindergarten through third grade, but the school was then closed and we were sent elsewhere. I also remember St Ambrose before they built the current church building. For some odd reason they built their school building first even though they didn't have a school until sometime in the 1990s or 2000s. The current church building was constructed in the late 1970s (the cornerstone says 1977) and prior to then they celebrated Mass in the "school" auditorium (which, again, wasn't a school at the time).

I remember launching model rockets out back of Pine Ridge one day and one of them landed hanging from the roof of St Ambrose and I wound up having to throw a rock at it to get it down. Good thing they were not celebrating Mass at the time because back then that end of the church was where the altar was AND they didn't have stained-glass windows, meaning the people inside could have seen out behind the priest and it would have looked mighty weird for me to be throwing rocks at the church building.....

I knew someone who lived across Woodburn Road from St Ambrose for many years. Don't know if they're still around. McClinton was their name.

Posted by: Miss SR ()
Date: August 20, 2012 09:35AM

Squire Rockwell's was a good place for decent food. This used to offer a 1oz cut of Prime Rib for $14.95 up until they closed and they had a great salad bar. I heard the restaurant fell on hard times and the owner was looking to sell, but couldn't find a buyer. Then the fire happened. It was actually reported by the Fairfax County Public Safety Communications Center, which was across the street from SR at the time. After the fire, the owner considered rebuilding, but then CVS made an offer he couldn't refuse...

Posted by: Miss SR ()
Date: August 20, 2012 09:37AM

Above should say that they used to offer a 16oz cut of prime rib for $14.95 up until when they closed due to the fire.

Date: August 20, 2012 01:57PM

1995hoo Wrote:
> K. Lepto Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Hah, I used to liv across the street from St.
> > Ambrose Church on Woodburn Road when I was in
> 5th
> > and 6th grade... used to climb up on the roof
> of
> > the church and other shennanigans. My brother
> > went to Pine Ridge before it closed down and
> stole
> > the "P" from the sign out front since it was
> the
> > first letter of his name. Dined at Squire
> > Rockwells a few times with the folks to
> celebrate
> > a few birthdays and such.
>
> I went to Pine Ridge from kindergarten through
> third grade, but the school was then closed and we
> were sent elsewhere. I also remember St Ambrose
> before they built the current church building. For
> some odd reason they built their school building
> first even though they didn't have a school until
> sometime in the 1990s or 2000s. The current church
> building was constructed in the late 1970s (the
> cornerstone says 1977) and prior to then they
> celebrated Mass in the "school" auditorium (which,
> again, wasn't a school at the time).
>
> I remember launching model rockets out back of
> Pine Ridge one day and one of them landed hanging
> from the roof of St Ambrose and I wound up having
> to throw a rock at it to get it down. Good thing
> they were not celebrating Mass at the time because
> back then that end of the church was where the
> altar was AND they didn't have stained-glass
> windows, meaning the people inside could have seen
> out behind the priest and it would have looked
> mighty weird for me to be throwing rocks at the
> church building.....
>
>
> I knew someone who lived across Woodburn Road from
> St Ambrose for many years. Don't know if they're
> still around. McClinton was their name.

Very small world we live in... the McClinton's were our next door neighbors, brothers Rick and Roger were about the same ages as me and my brother.

Posted by: SunnyD ()
Date: August 20, 2012 02:45PM

I preferred Gino's which was right across the street where Pizza Hut currently is.

Posted by: BigK ()
Date: August 20, 2012 02:54PM

They also had a great salad bar to go with the prime rib. Good place.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: August 20, 2012 03:18PM

SunnyD Wrote:
> I preferred Gino's which was right across the
> street where Pizza Hut currently is.

Ginos was great when the alternatives were McDonalds and Burger King. I saw the Roys takeover as a step up though. Also I seem to recall that Ginos was gone before Squire Rockwell opened.

I don't believe I ever ate at the restaurant at SR, but on several occasions when meeting people at the bar we'd end up eating there. The food at the bar was usually good and reasonably priced, but I think the main attraction was that my friends lived nearby.

Date: August 21, 2012 10:03AM

SunnyD Wrote:
> I preferred Gino's which was right across the
> street where Pizza Hut currently is.

I remember a "walking field trip" to that Gino's from Pine Ridge when I was in the first or second grade. "Walking field trip" meaning we walked from school to the restaurant. We had two similar field trips to the fire station located at 236 and Guinea (the first time we went down a path through the woods that used to be where Ridgelea Hills is now located; the second time we walked along 236 because of the construction for Ridgelea Hills). Neither trip would ever be allowed these days because...(shudder)....we had to CROSS THE STREET and you know they'd never allow that now.

(I don't remember what the purpose of the Gino's trip was other than that I recall the teacher picked up a stack of job applications and had us fill them in, though of course they were never submitted to the restaurant.)

Posted by: Luther Jackson ()
Date: August 21, 2012 10:12AM

I too went to Pine Ridge Elementary, ate at Gino's often, SR on occasion and knew lot's of kid's in the Wintergreen and Camelot neighborhoods which back up to the old Pine Ridge School.

Posted by: SunnyD ()
Date: August 21, 2012 12:40PM

We may have known each other. I went to Pine Ridge Elementary then transferred to Camelot went on to Luther Jackson. What a small world!!!

Luther Jackson Wrote:

> I too went to Pine Ridge Elementary, ate at Gino's
> often, SR on occasion and knew lot's of kid's in
> the Wintergreen and Camelot neighborhoods which
> back up to the old Pine Ridge School.

Date: August 21, 2012 02:40PM

@SunnyD

Well, does any of this ring a bell? I finished Pine Ridge in 1977.

I remember these kids:

James Peyton
Mike Rinaldi
Lisa Donelly
Tina Philippi
Andy Ross
Bill Cumberland
Todd Holden
Martha Hunton
Christine Valkenburg
Meredith Hooke
Shannon Brinkley
Kim Bracey
Andre Jones
Marshall Twinam
Joe Gwidz
Bernice Cefola
Kenny Crovo

We used to ride dirt bikes at Eakin Park next to the ball fields. My first job was at Gallows Road Exxon.

Posted by: Blam ()
Date: August 21, 2012 02:45PM

Ate there once, was pretty good. Considered going back but wasn't really a pressing issue. Then it burnt down. Oh well.

--------------------------------------
DAMN!

Posted by: remembers ()
Date: August 21, 2012 02:54PM

I remember eating there a few times and yes, the salad bar was good and had a nice variety of options. Typically, there was one or two hot soups on the salad bar. And years ago, a co worker had her retirement get together there and it was fine.

I agree with what everyone else has written--the insides were dark and dungeon like and kindof spooky, but intentionally so. Really a place from another era.

Posted by: Courthouse Lawyer ()
Date: August 21, 2012 03:24PM

Here I am again in the Fairfax Public Law Library, sitting next to some non-lawyer, working on a pleading. A quick glance his way shows he's working on a Motion to Extend Deadline for Filing a Pleading, which tells me he's already messed up.

Now I know that sometimes lawyers cost more money than one may want to pay, but this guy was Chinese, so he was just being cheap (as an attorney, I'll tell you the Chinese and the Hindus are the worst when it comes to being cheap).

When I represent a defendant in a criminal case, I know that the other side (the Commonwealth) will always be represented by an attorney. But when I represent a party in a civil case, and the other side is, as we say, pro se, then it's like taking candy from a baby. Really. And sometimes fun, to boot.

Posted by: BigK ()
Date: August 21, 2012 03:31PM

Courthouse Lawyer Wrote:
> Here I am again in the Fairfax Public Law Library,
> sitting next to some non-lawyer, working on a
> pleading. A quick glance his way shows he's
> working on a Motion to Extend Deadline for Filing
> a Pleading, which tells me he's already messed
> up.
>
> Now I know that sometimes lawyers cost more money
> than one may want to pay, but this guy was
> Chinese, so he was just being cheap (as an
> attorney, I'll tell you the Chinese and the Hindus
> are the worst when it comes to being cheap).
>
> When I represent a defendant in a criminal case, I
> know that the other side (the Commonwealth) will
> always be represented by an attorney. But when I
> represent a party in a civil case, and the other
> side is, as we say, pro se, then it's like taking
> candy from a baby. Really. And sometimes fun, to
> boot.

WHAT THE HELL DOES ANY OF THIS HAVE TO DO WITH SQUIRE ROCKWELLS?????

Posted by: remembers ()
Date: August 21, 2012 03:51PM

I agree with BigK--what the heck?

Date: August 22, 2012 04:13PM

Luther Jackson Wrote:
> @SunnyD
>
> Well, does any of this ring a bell? I finished
> Pine Ridge in 1977.
>
> I remember these kids:
>
> James Peyton
> Mike Rinaldi
> Lisa Donelly
> Tina Philippi
> Andy Ross
> Bill Cumberland
> Todd Holden
> Martha Hunton
> Christine Valkenburg
> Meredith Hooke
> Shannon Brinkley
> Kim Bracey
> Andre Jones
> Marshall Twinam
> Joe Gwidz
> Bernice Cefola
> Kenny Crovo
>
>
> We used to ride dirt bikes at Eakin Park next to
> the ball fields. My first job was at Gallows Road
> Exxon.

I know the brother of one of the women on your list... small world!!!

Date: August 22, 2012 06:11PM

I recognize several of those last names on that list, but none of the first names, no doubt because I was a couple of years younger and probably knew younger brothers/sisters of people named there.

I remember going to the ball fields at Eakin for soccer practice when I was in the first grade and again a few years later when I was in the second or third grade (had to be prior to fourth grade because we moved). Used to walk to practice from our house in Strathmeade. The coach when I was in first grade lived on Glastonbury Court and was named Billy Anderson (his son was Josh) and the coach a few years later lived on Monarch Lane, guy named Leiner (don't remember his first name, but his son was Jason and in retrospect I guess he was adopted because I believe he was black and the rest of his family was white).

I remember Rick and Roger McClinton well. Roger was my age, Rick was his older brother.

Posted by: Bob der Baumeister ()
Date: August 22, 2012 08:02PM

What happened to the abortion clinic across Prosperity behind Pizza Hut? Still in business?

Posted by: K. LEPTO ()
Date: August 23, 2012 01:49PM

1995hoo Wrote:
> I recognize several of those last names on that
> list, but none of the first names, no doubt
> because I was a couple of years younger and
> probably knew younger brothers/sisters of people
> named there.
>
> I remember going to the ball fields at Eakin for
> soccer practice when I was in the first grade and
> again a few years later when I was in the second
> or third grade (had to be prior to fourth grade
> because we moved). Used to walk to practice from
> our house in Strathmeade. The coach when I was in
> first grade lived on Glastonbury Court and was
> named Billy Anderson (his son was Josh) and the
> coach a few years later lived on Monarch Lane, guy
> named Leiner (don't remember his first name, but
> his son was Jason and in retrospect I guess he was
> adopted because I believe he was black and the
> rest of his family was white).
>
> I remember Rick and Roger McClinton well. Roger
> was my age, Rick was his older brother.

The McLinton's liven between us and the Rinaldis on Woodburn Rd. I remember the McLinton's german shepard named "Major" always barked at me at the fence when I played tee ball in my back yard.

Date: August 23, 2012 02:15PM

@1995hoo

So you lived in Strathmeade; I had lots of friends that lived there. Spent a lot of time at Breckenrigde Court and at the pool there. I lived on Knox Road, across Tobin Road from Strathmeade. Great area to be a kid in the 70's & 80's.

Posted by: FCPSguy ()
Date: November 30, 2013 11:31PM

My dad owned Squire Rockwell in Fairfax, It burned down because of an electrical fire months before we were going to sell it.

Posted by: Guido ()
Date: December 01, 2013 05:38AM

FCPSguy Wrote:
> My dad owned Squire Rockwell in Fairfax, It burned
> down because of an electrical fire months before
> we were going to sell it.

What an interesting coincidence.

Posted by: squire burnsmells ()
Date: December 01, 2013 03:09PM

FCPSguy Wrote:
Attachments:
squire rockwells.jpg

Posted by: imbiker ()
Date: December 01, 2013 07:32PM

FCPSguy Wrote:

Jewish "Lightning" strikes again!

Posted by: Ye Ole Woodson Man ()
Date: December 01, 2013 08:59PM

I miss the Squire. It was named something else many years back. Anyway I was there a few times a retirement lunch and a couple lunches on my own, they had a good salad bar a special for lunch about 5.99. A friend said they had great swordfish years ago, Yes it was. And I was there for a Mothers day and she loved it. I do miss it. Oh well. another one bites the dust.. some while ago now..

Posted by: Chef Jay ()
Date: November 11, 2014 01:22PM

I was a manager at Sir Walter Raleigh and later one of the managers at Squire Rockwell's back in the early 90's. Both of these restaurants were great in their day but the concept of a dark (homey) steakhouse with a salad bar had gone the way of the dodo.

But we did have great food at Squire's. None of us were classically trained chefs but we were given a lot of freedom to be creative in the kitchen. I cut the steaks fresh every day and we got daily fish deliveries.

The owner I worked for sold the place in '96 and I went to work at his other place in Occoquan (Sea, Sea & Co.) for only a short period. I did not work in the kitchen there but was never as proud of the food at Sea, Sea as I was at Squire's.

Posted by: bruin ()
Date: November 11, 2014 06:44PM

I remember...they used to have a 2 for 1 deal at happy hour. A buddy of mine used to haunt that place. We would order like a double Margarita, and the barkeep would give us 2 shooters of tequila on the side as the 2 for 1 part. We would roll outta that place just blasted! I think they also used to have a cool happy-hour taco buffet spread. Also, I think I remember they had a lounge act that played there, 2 guys and a girl, and the band was named "Airtight", ala Greaseman!

Posted by: local... ()
Date: November 11, 2014 07:28PM

I got bit by a horse from the house by pine ridge elementary while goofing around as a kid while my brother has a soccer game at the school. Squire Rockwell's was OK, went there a couple times in the early nineties... Was kind dark in there... Wife's grandad liked it...

Posted by: I Miss Em Both ()
Date: November 11, 2014 07:38PM

Squire Rockwell and getting grilled swordfish, steak, prime rib a couple times and stopped for lunch buffet which was real good for about 6 dollars. Had been to Sea Sea and Co. for butterflyed trout once and it was good. Never knew same owner had both. I do remember when it was built and it was a high end place. I remember Gino's there and at the circle and in Springfield with the Gino Giant burger, but did not care for them as Ginos cooked their burgers medium and I cant stand pink hamburger. And had to special order them well done unless I forgot . A good steak I can eat rare if its got a seared crust. Medium Rare is good too but they have to be good cuts of meat. Hamburger is chopped up can be sitting anywhere and have too much crud in it.

Posted by: Transplant ()
Date: November 12, 2014 09:24AM

Had several good meals there.

Posted by: Henro ()
Date: November 12, 2014 12:01PM

Gino's had the Hero Burger.
Squires had great bartenders with heavy hands.

Posted by: Henro ()
Date: November 12, 2014 12:04PM

Who remembers the black guy that walked 236 from Gino's to Annandale he would always get a small coffie.
We called him Chicken wing because of the way he walked.

I hit him with my car at the prosperity/236 intersection he didn't drop or spill his coffie.

Posted by: and by ()
Date: November 12, 2014 01:10PM

I went there as a kid. I only remember the darkness.

Posted by: Becky ()
Date: February 27, 2015 10:12PM

Henro Wrote:
> Who remembers the black guy that walked 236 from
> Gino's to Annandale he would always get a small
> coffie.
> We called him Chicken wing because of the way he
> walked.
>
> I hit him with my car at the prosperity/236
> intersection he didn't drop or spill his coffie.

I remember him! He would walk that stretch of road all the time. Another famous local character: My brothers met Joe Gibbs at that Squire Rockwell's (formerly Steak & Ale, formerly The Jolly Ox).

Posted by: True The Vote ! ()
Date: February 27, 2015 10:20PM

I hit him with my car for the win, did he owe you money?

Posted by: Cheryl ()
Date: January 10, 2016 07:56PM

I worked at Squire Rockwells in the early 80's. I use to wait on Joe Gibbs, the Washington Redskins coach when Redskins were winning super bowls. The Gibbs were nice people. Marilyn was the manager, and I remember working with Ismael and John.

I enjoyed working at Squires and it helped me get through my undergrad years. I live in Richmond now, but when I visited a few years ago I was disappointed to see it had burned down.

Posted by: michael kelly ()
Date: July 23, 2018 03:54PM

My parents, who lived in Burke between 1984 and 1997, went there every Saturday night like clockwork to see their favorite cover band perform live. I forget the name of the band, but I remember Sharon (age 60?) was the lead singer, Jimmy (age 45?) was the keyboardist, and Sam (age 50?) was the drummer. The place would always be packed with folks over age 60. My wife and I visited there a decade ago and though the building and sign were present, the place was being swallowed up by weeds and uncut foliage. Like everything else these days, I'm sure it's now a CVS/Rite Aid/Walgreens or a Starbucks.

Posted by: Michael K ()
Date: July 23, 2018 03:55PM

michael k Wrote:
> My parents, who lived in Burke between 1984 and
> 1997, went there every Saturday night like
> clockwork to see their favorite cover band perform
> live. I forget the name of the band, but I
> remember Sharon (age 60?) was the lead singer,
> Jimmy (age 45?) was the keyboardist, and Sam (age
> 50?) was the drummer. The place would always be
> packed with folks over age 60. My wife and I
> visited there a decade ago and though the building
> and sign were present, the place was being
> swallowed up by weeds and uncut foliage. Like
> everything else these days, I'm sure it's now a
> CVS/Rite Aid/Walgreens or a Starbucks.

Posted by: Dougie ()
Date: May 26, 2019 09:55AM

My parents bought the restaurant in 1981. At the time of purchase, Pillsbury owned it. It was called Steak N Ale. We changed it to Squire Rockwell’s. That was our first restaurant. We later bought Sea sea and co. in Occoquan, Denver Dans in Springfield, Fritters in Burke and Winchester, and JC Millstones in Woodbridge. I was eleven when we bought Squire’s. A ton of hard work and great memories. What made the business successful were the employees. They were the best. We sold the restaurant somewhere around 95/96. I was living out of state at the time so my memory may be off a bit. The family that bought it from us continued to run it under the Squire’s name until the fire.

Posted by: JenBrandes ()
Date: October 23, 2019 02:26AM

I was a part time hostess at Squire Rockwells in the late 90's between classes at NOVA for awhile. It turned out to be the second-best job I ever had! They were really good to the employee's I remember. Every shift they'd let me eat whatever I wanted from the soup and salad bar, I was super healthy back then thanks to them...I loved Squire Rockwell's, I just wish I would have shown it more...

Posted by: #me too ()
Date: October 23, 2019 06:31AM

I was ass raped by Mr Squire Rockwell.
I waited to long to call police.
I could’ve walked to police station to file complaint.
I was dressed as a gay court jester that night I was penetrated

Posted by: Read between the lines ()
Date: October 23, 2019 06:49AM

When you say "healthy" you mean well-titted.
When you say "eat anything you want" you mean give plenty of head.
When you say "second-best" you mean you didn't steal as much from SR as you steal from your present job.
When you say "really good to employees" you mean they didn't ask for your documents because you're an illegal alen.

Thanks for posting.

Posted by: Former SR Patron ()
Date: October 23, 2019 07:30AM

^^^^^Thank you for being a total asshole.

Posted by: Rockwell, Esq. ()
Date: October 23, 2019 05:56PM

JenBrandes Wrote:
> I was a part time hostess at Squire Rockwells in
> the late 90's between classes at NOVA for awhile.
> It turned out to be the second-best job I ever
> had! They were really good to the employee's I
> remember. Every shift they'd let me eat whatever I
> wanted from the soup and salad bar, I was super
> healthy back then thanks to them...I loved Squire
> Rockwell's, I just wish I would have shown it
> more...

Holy fuck...Jen Brandes?!?! You are seriously one of the nicest women I have ever met.

Posted by: Another Former SR Patron ()
Date: October 23, 2019 06:15PM

Former SR Patron Wrote:
> ^^^^^Thank you for being a total asshole.

You're quite welcome! Perhaps I can shit in your hat for you?

Date: October 25, 2019 02:26AM

Where orecisely was this "Pine Ridge" school located,
and what is there now?

I went to Commonwealth Christian School, a short-lived
school just west of (what would have been at that time)
Steak and Ale. After Squire Rockwells it became CVS, right?

The school was on the same side of the steet as the restaurant.

I don't remember a Ginos being near there; this was around 1973.
My school had a swimming pool (and maybe had something to do with
a YMCA in the summer, I think). The main building was a very old
building with some history -- that I don't know. There were two
new buildings with most of the classrooms. About 4 classrooms
in the longer of the two buildings. There was a field to the west.
From the field, you could cut through to ...firehouse? church?
fast food place? I forget what order things were in that direction.

Today the property is part of the Jewish Community Center complex.
The old admin building is repurposed as a storage shed and may
have even been taken down by now. The former grounds are mostly
the parking lot, I think. The north part of the property has
been developed as housing.

Well anyway, anyone remember hat I'm talking about?
And was this Pine Ridge thing a later incarnation of my school?
And what was it BEFORE it was Commonwealth.

And what was the deal with the "peace sign" housea little
further west down 236 on the other side?

Posted by: jdasjhasdjh ()
Date: October 25, 2019 05:30AM

All I know is that in 2005 the crab cakes that I ordered had NO crab. Just a bunch of larded up bread crumb. Honestly one of the most substandard places to eat so it did not surprise me the place was torched for the insurance money.
No restaurant survives when it sells crap as moderately priced food.

Posted by: Boyardee ()
Date: October 25, 2019 05:06PM

Great place. Will miss their annual lasangnamia promotion with endless salad bar and breadsticks.

Posted by: Baaaad puppy ()
Date: October 25, 2019 08:30PM

Another Former SR Patron Wrote:
> Former SR Patron Wrote:
> -----
> > ^^^^^Thank you for being a total asshole.
>
>
> You're quite welcome! Perhaps I can shit in your
> hat for you?

You are a 23 year old troll living in his mommy's basement. You've never been to Squire Rockwells and never paid for a meal more expensive than McDonalds.

Posted by: So Jus In Fairfax ()
Date: October 25, 2019 08:49PM

Were the hippies in the hippy house on 236 at the intersection of Guinea between the firehouse and the Jewish center your parents or your best friends. They had a peace sign on the front porch and un taxed weed in the side garden , they had long hair and wore hippy type clothes

BTW Pineridge Ele school was where the 911 center was and its remains today, A black guy was the head custodian he wore a white shirt in 1973 he was a good guy The 911 center went in there in 1987 with SWAT Motor Squad 911 cal center and Fairfax's own police training academy , they trained all police agencies located in Fairfax County Sheriffs Falls Church too plus Towns and Cities Maybe the Grease man went there when he was a Falls Church deputy

Posted by: 70sChild ()
Date: June 23, 2020 11:09PM

K. Lepto Wrote:
> Luther Jackson Wrote:
> -----
> > @SunnyD
> >
> > Well, does any of this ring a bell? I finished
> > Pine Ridge in 1977.
> >
> > I remember these kids:
> >
> > James Peyton
> > Mike Rinaldi
> > Lisa Donelly
> > Tina Philippi
> > Andy Ross
> > Bill Cumberland
> > Todd Holden
> > Martha Hunton
> > Christine Valkenburg
> > Meredith Hooke
> > Shannon Brinkley
> > Kim Bracey
> > Andre Jones
> > Marshall Twinam
> > Joe Gwidz
> > Bernice Cefola
> > Kenny Crovo
> >
> >
> > We used to ride dirt bikes at Eakin Park next
> to
> > the ball fields. My first job was at Gallows
> Road
> > Exxon.
>
> I know the brother of one of the women on your
> list... small world!!!

Posted by: 70sChild ()
Date: June 23, 2020 11:11PM

I am one of those on the list above and remember all who are listed! Whose brother is it that you know??

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.