HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: FU!! ()
Date: August 15, 2012 05:33PM

Just drove buy and they are turning it into a freddys steakburger. Anyone been to one? Good or just another shitty fastfood joint. http://www.freddysusa.com/

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: Col. Sanders ()
Date: August 15, 2012 05:37PM

liked that location, had a buffet. Miss Champs as well.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: Tough One ()
Date: August 15, 2012 06:24PM

Heard very good stuff about it, from folks who have decent taste. Its actually supposed to have decent burgers, and kick ass ice cream. It beats a Walgreens at least. Or another CVS in the area.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: Jason ()
Date: August 15, 2012 09:27PM

They're planning on having a drive-thru, which is tough for the area. Will definitely get a lot of Fairfax High customers and will be competing with Outback and Smashburger located nearby.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: August 16, 2012 08:22AM

@Jason - yeah......great plan. Reason KFC closed up was cause the city closed down their drive thru. KFC hung in there for years but eventually had to give up the ghost.

I'll be curious to see if the new ppl will be able to get one approved.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: Arlingtonkid ()
Date: August 16, 2012 08:31AM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @Jason - yeah......great plan. Reason KFC closed
> up was cause the city closed down their drive
> thru. KFC hung in there for years but eventually
> had to give up the ghost.
>
> I'll be curious to see if the new ppl will be able
> to get one approved.


Blame it on people who were too lazy to get out of their cars to walk twenty feet to buy food.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: minivan mom ()
Date: August 16, 2012 09:06AM

They call them families with kids.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: Vienna? ()
Date: August 16, 2012 09:32AM

Did they close the one on Vienna also?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: just saying ()
Date: August 16, 2012 09:59AM

"Did they close the one on Vienna also"


get out of your basement more

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: nuttyturnip ()
Date: August 16, 2012 10:11AM

Jason Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They're planning on having a drive-thru, which is
> tough for the area. Will definitely get a lot of
> Fairfax High customers and will be competing with
> Outback and Smashburger located nearby.

Where is there a Smashburger? Their website says the nearest one is in NJ.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: Dayum ()
Date: August 16, 2012 10:12AM

minivan mom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They call them families with kids.

Nice thinking. That way your kids can be just as fat and incapable of doing physical tasks as you are. Parent of the year right here, folks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: snakeinthegrass ()
Date: August 16, 2012 11:03AM

I just thought the drive-thru was a big pane of glass out of laziness, save 8.50 an hour by not paying someone to work the window. When and why did the city shut the drive-thru?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: Arlingtonkid ()
Date: August 16, 2012 11:21AM

I can't believe that only mothers or fathers with a vehicle full of kids are the only ones using the drive thru.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: Tubby McTubster ()
Date: August 16, 2012 11:33AM

minivan mom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They call them families with kids.

Nice thinking. That way your kids can be just as fat and incapable of doing physical tasks as you are. Parent of the year right here, folks.



That is funny...so often I've seen lard-ass parents, driving their lard-ass kids to the drive-thru, just to spare themselves the effort of grunting and panting their way out of their SUV and walking 20 feet...

And no, these lubtards aren't in a hurry to go somewhere...they then park their car in the parking lot and gorge themselves into a stupor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: Jason K ()
Date: August 16, 2012 02:46PM

A drive-thru for that location has already been approved. Smashburger is coming soon to Boulevard Marketplace (with a Subway and 7-11 already open)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: August 17, 2012 07:28AM

dunno why it was shut down - it was an effing LOOOOONG time ago. All I know about it is that KFC opened with a drive thru but like a year or two later the city made them shut it down - they claimed it was causing too much traffic. Seemed like bullshit at the time, but I dunno.

@Jason - hope it stays lol. Something Ive noticed since then is that in the last 20 or so years, there's been a LOT of growth in Fairfax City but not one new drive-thru as far as I can tell.
@Tubby - why the fuck are you watching ppl go thru the drivethru? Sounds like somebody needs more of a life
@Vienna - how or why would the city of Fairfax shut down the Vienna KFC drivethru? o_0

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: Think about it ()
Date: August 17, 2012 09:03AM

snakeinthegrass Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just thought the drive-thru was a big pane of
> glass out of laziness, save 8.50 an hour by not
> paying someone to work the window. When and why
> did the city shut the drive-thru?


Adding a drive-thru can sometimes double the revenue of a restuarant, thereby increasing the tax revenue to the City. Saving $8.50 an hour, as you say, will kill a lot of revenue and taxes. You're a government worker aren't you?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: mama cass ()
Date: August 17, 2012 09:09AM

Tubby McTubster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> minivan mom Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > They call them families with kids.
>
> Nice thinking. That way your kids can be just as
> fat and incapable of doing physical tasks as you
> are. Parent of the year right here, folks.
>
>
>
> That is funny...so often I've seen lard-ass
> parents, driving their lard-ass kids to the
> drive-thru, just to spare themselves the effort of
> grunting and panting their way out of their SUV
> and walking 20 feet...
>
> And no, these lubtards aren't in a hurry to go
> somewhere...they then park their car in the
> parking lot and gorge themselves into a stupor.


Now Tubby is a guy who knows the target audience of Fairfax. People will wait in their cars for ten minutes at Target for a parking spot up close so they dont have to walk fifty feet further away. Always wondered why being fat qualified as handicapped for a space up front. If anything fatties should have to park further out as possible and walk to burn some of that fat off.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: Tubby McTubster ()
Date: August 17, 2012 09:54AM

@Tubby - why the fuck are you watching ppl go thru the drivethru? Sounds like somebody needs more of a life


I'm not "watching" people go though drive-throughts, Asshat, I've happened to observe them...that OK with you, Mr. 10,000 posts? Talk about needing more of a life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: witnessing ()
Date: August 17, 2012 10:24AM

Tubby McTubster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @Tubby - why the fuck are you watching ppl go thru
> the drivethru? Sounds like somebody needs more of
> a life
>
>
> I'm not "watching" people go though
> drive-throughts, Asshat, I've happened to observe
> them...

Am I the only one who found this funny?

Definition of Watching: transitive and intransitive verb observe: to look at and keep your attention on something or somebody over a period of time

Definition of observe:transitive and intransitive verb watch something attentively: to watch somebody or something attentively, especially for scientific purposes

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: Thanks Grammar Police! ()
Date: August 17, 2012 11:22AM

Am I the only one who found this funny?



If that's a serious question, yes, you are the only person who found your gay parsing of "observe" v. "watch" funny

I think it's quite obvious what the person's point was...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: Westboro. ()
Date: August 17, 2012 11:24AM

Hey d-bags no one cares about taxes/drive through ect. Anyone been to freddys or not. Pathetic bunch you all are

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: Gaspacho Rider ()
Date: August 17, 2012 12:02PM

Hey d-bags no one cares about taxes/drive through ect. Anyone been to freddys or not. Pathetic bunch you all are

Well, why don't you sack up, lardass, check the place out and report back?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: her's an idea ()
Date: August 17, 2012 12:09PM

Hey dickbreath...how about you get off of your fat ass and just go into Freddys yourself...once they open sample the food and decide if you like it. Instead of waiting for people on a website to do your thinking for you. Seems like you are the pathetic one who can't figure out if you like something or not without needing the opinions of others. Pathetic douche

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: Jason K ()
Date: August 17, 2012 01:18PM

I don't mean to start a whole another argument, but the Chickfila drive thru opened in the past 5 yrs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: Did you try it ()
Date: August 17, 2012 01:24PM

Jason K Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't mean to start a whole another argument,
> but the Chickfila drive thru opened in the past 5
> yrs.


Maybe someone should try Chick-Fil-A and report back to Gaspacho Rider so he doesn't have to get off his fat ass.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: snakeinthegrass ()
Date: August 17, 2012 01:35PM

Think about it Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> snakeinthegrass Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I just thought the drive-thru was a big pane of
> > glass out of laziness, save 8.50 an hour by not
> > paying someone to work the window. When and why
> > did the city shut the drive-thru?
>
>
> Adding a drive-thru can sometimes double the
> revenue of a restuarant, thereby increasing the
> tax revenue to the City. Saving $8.50 an hour, as
> you say, will kill a lot of revenue and taxes.
> You're a government worker aren't you?


Thanks for answering my question about the drive-thru being shut down, fishdick. And no, I am not a government employee, I actually work in foodservice. If your food is good enough you don't necessarily need a drive-thru (see: Chick-Fil-A seven corners). The Fairfax Circle doesn't have a drive-thru either and they seem to be doing just fine too.

I'll try again. When and why did the city shut the drive-thru?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: Westboro. ()
Date: August 17, 2012 02:20PM

Gaspacho Rider Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey d-bags no one cares about taxes/drive through
> ect. Anyone been to freddys or not. Pathetic bunch
> you all are
>
> Well, why don't you sack up, lardass, check the
> place out and report back?

you are one stupid SOB. Let me spell it out small sack. The place is not open yet. Guess your simple mind did not get the question as to- has anyone been to one. Poor you :( BTW try the quote button next time girly

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: THANKS YOU GUYS! ()
Date: August 17, 2012 02:30PM

This has been one entertaining thread! Dont even remember what it's supposed to be about, but I love all the interesting insults like "fishdick", "small sack", "dickbreath", "lubtards"... on and on.


Keep up the great work guys! I want more!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: her's an idea ()
Date: August 17, 2012 02:48PM

her's an idea Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey dickbreath...how about you get off of your fat
> ass and just go into Freddys yourself...once they
> open sample the food and decide if you like it.
> Instead of waiting for people on a website to do
> your thinking for you. Seems like you are the
> pathetic one who can't figure out if you like
> something or not without needing the opinions of
> others. Pathetic douche


Westboro you fucking assclown..we know it's not open yet shitdick. we can read. that's why I said WHEN it opens go in there and figure out for yourself what its like...the closest one that IS open is in Texas not Fairfax...so no you fucking simpleton I haven't been there yet...now go check Yelp reviews in Texas fucktard

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: Westboro. ()
Date: August 17, 2012 03:01PM

Why would I read a yelp review when I can troll you from my parents basement all day. Assclown. WHEN, shitdick lol. Angry when you type ya dope. Your intelect on a scale of 1-10 is about a 2 at best. Sorry try again

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: her's an idea ()
Date: August 17, 2012 03:10PM

Actually my intelect is more like a 3.5 but not nearly as smart as you are asking people in Fairfax about a food chain in Texas...now that takes advanced intelligence. Sorry try again

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: Westboro. ()
Date: August 17, 2012 03:21PM

Poor you. I guess no one has been to Texas or half the mid west were they have most of their chains you simple minded fool. Ever noticed how many people from fairfax are from other parts of the USA. Fucking dumb one you are. lol

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: Adipochre ()
Date: August 17, 2012 03:32PM

OK, so Westboro, you're digging himself/herself deeper with each troll posting...I guess that fantasy of someday being able to wrestle your way through a door frame, drag your swollen, blue-veined belly out of the basement and to a hamburger stand is just driving you insane!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: her's an idea ()
Date: August 17, 2012 04:21PM

Hey Stupid...I am aware that people have visited the great state of Texas and may in fact even have lived there but what I don't understand is what a fucking moron you would have to be to hunt in a Fairfax website for someone who had been to Texas and eaten at this establishment and then happened to be in Fairfax and on this website and who also decided to read a post about a closed KFC and then weigh in with their opinion of Freddy's so you could get an answer to what the burgers are like. Seems highly likely this would actually happen
you're right Westboro I'm the fucking idiot here I'm so stupid I would have just checked Yelp like I said shitbird
So....how many answers to your facinating burger question have you gotten so far you mental midget?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: snakeinthegrass ()
Date: August 17, 2012 04:21PM

SOMEONE ANSWER MY FUCKING QUESTION: WHEN AND WHY DID THE CITY OF FAIRFAX SHUT THE KFC DRIVE-THRU DOWN?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: closed ()
Date: August 17, 2012 04:29PM

They shut it down because of Jesus...now please don't yell

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: Stuck again ()
Date: August 17, 2012 04:43PM

snakeinthegrass Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> SOMEONE ANSWER MY FUCKING QUESTION: WHEN AND WHY
> DID THE CITY OF FAIRFAX SHUT THE KFC DRIVE-THRU
> DOWN?


Check your caps lock.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: Think about it ()
Date: August 17, 2012 04:46PM

snakeinthegrass Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Think about it Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > snakeinthegrass Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > I just thought the drive-thru was a big pane
> of
> > > glass out of laziness, save 8.50 an hour by
> not
> > > paying someone to work the window. When and
> why
> > > did the city shut the drive-thru?
> >
> >
> > Adding a drive-thru can sometimes double the
> > revenue of a restuarant, thereby increasing the
> > tax revenue to the City. Saving $8.50 an hour,
> as
> > you say, will kill a lot of revenue and taxes.
> > You're a government worker aren't you?
>
>
> Thanks for answering my question about the
> drive-thru being shut down, fishdick. And no, I am
> not a government employee, I actually work in
> foodservice. If your food is good enough you don't
> necessarily need a drive-thru (see: Chick-Fil-A
> seven corners). The Fairfax Circle doesn't have a
> drive-thru either and they seem to be doing just
> fine too.
>
> I'll try again. When and why did the city shut the
> drive-thru?


I know a restuarant can exist without a drive-thru, however why wouldn't you want one if it can increase sales. By the way the Fairfax Circle Chick-Fil-A does have a drive-thru.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: snakeinthegrass ()
Date: August 17, 2012 05:15PM

Think about it Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> snakeinthegrass Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Think about it Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > snakeinthegrass Wrote:
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > I just thought the drive-thru was a big
> pane
> > of
> > > > glass out of laziness, save 8.50 an hour by
> > not
> > > > paying someone to work the window. When and
> > why
> > > > did the city shut the drive-thru?
> > >
> > >
> > > Adding a drive-thru can sometimes double the
> > > revenue of a restuarant, thereby increasing
> the
> > > tax revenue to the City. Saving $8.50 an
> hour,
> > as
> > > you say, will kill a lot of revenue and
> taxes.
> > > You're a government worker aren't you?
> >
> >
> > Thanks for answering my question about the
> > drive-thru being shut down, fishdick. And no, I
> am
> > not a government employee, I actually work in
> > foodservice. If your food is good enough you
> don't
> > necessarily need a drive-thru (see: Chick-Fil-A
> > seven corners). The Fairfax Circle doesn't have
> a
> > drive-thru either and they seem to be doing
> just
> > fine too.
> >
> > I'll try again. When and why did the city shut
> the
> > drive-thru?
>
>
> I know a restuarant can exist without a
> drive-thru, however why wouldn't you want one if
> it can increase sales. By the way the Fairfax
> Circle Chick-Fil-A does have a drive-thru.


Yeah. I meant to slip "McDonalds" in there. I am no stranger to the drive-thru at Chick-Fil-A.

Options: ReplyQuote
Chick fil-a is the only new drive thru in the city since that KFC opened, I think.
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: August 18, 2012 08:25AM

man, y'all ladies shore do know how to cat-fight LoLz
Attachments:
i like where this thread is going.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old kfc on ffx blvd
Posted by: drive on fatty ()
Date: August 18, 2012 11:25AM

They closed the drive thru so your fat ass might get some exercise before you ordered another bucket of shame with a side of dispair..there is your answer stupid now go outside and quit worrying about why you couldn't drive through a fried chicken place

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
  *******   **     **  **     **  **    **  **      ** 
 **     **  **     **  **     **  ***   **  **  **  ** 
        **  **     **  **     **  ****  **  **  **  ** 
  *******   *********  **     **  ** ** **  **  **  ** 
        **  **     **   **   **   **  ****  **  **  ** 
 **     **  **     **    ** **    **   ***  **  **  ** 
  *******   **     **     ***     **    **   ***  ***  
This forum powered by Phorum.