HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: FCPD fatal wreck - Franconia Rd - NATIONAL NEWS!
Posted by: McGruff - The Crime Dog! ()
Date: August 15, 2012 10:43AM

Fatal Crash on Franconia Road
http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/news-releases/2012/081312fatalcrashfranconiaroad.htm

Fairfax County Police Department
Public Information Office
4100 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax, Va. 22030
703-246-2253. TTY 703-204-2264. Fax 703-246-4253
FCPD-PIO@fairfaxcounty.gov
www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police
News Release: 12/226/0034/drg(6)
August 13, 2012

Fatal Crash on Franconia Road
Franconia Police District – Crash reconstruction detectives are investigating a fatal crash that occurred on Franconia Road near the intersection of Gum Street on Monday, August 13 just before 3 a.m.

A Fairfax County police officer used the radio in his cruiser to notify the dispatcher that he had been involved in a crash. The preliminary investigation determined that the officer was traveling eastbound on Franconia Road approaching the intersection of Gum Street. A 2006 Infiniti was traveling westbound on Franconia Road also approaching the intersection of Gum Street. The Infiniti suddenly veered left and struck the police cruiser head-on. The Infiniti caught fire. The officer was initially trapped in his vehicle. He was eventually extricated and transported to a local hospital with serious, but non life-threatening injuries. The driver of the Infiniti, an adult male, was pronounced dead at the scene.

Detectives will attempt to determine if speed and alcohol were factors in this crash. The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner will attempt to positively identify the driver of the Infiniti.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Solvers by phone at 1-866-411-TIPS/8477, e-mail at www.fairfaxcrimesolvers.org or text “TIP187” plus your message to CRIMES/274637 or call Fairfax County Police at 703-691-2131.

Options: ReplyQuote
Deceased Identified in Fatal Crash
Posted by: McGruff - The Crime Dog! ()
Date: August 15, 2012 10:43AM

Deceased Identified in Fatal Crash
http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/news-releases/2012/081412updatefatal.htm

Fairfax County Police Department
Public Information Office
4100 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax, Va. 22030
703-246-2253. TTY 703-204-2264. Fax 703-246-4253
FCPD-PIO@fairfaxcounty.gov
www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police
News Release: 12/226/0034/drg (6)
August 14, 2012

UPDATE
The deceased in this crash has been identified as 52-year-old Jeffrey M. Woods of 6008 Brookview Drive in Alexandria.

Detectives learned that a motorist heard the crash, went to the scene and assisted the officer in getting out of his police cruiser.

Posted by: Curious Again ()
Date: August 15, 2012 12:56PM

GFR: So if what you are saying is corrent, is it reaonable to assume then that since the much heavier car was obviously the police cruiser, the impact would have taken both cars, which came to rest very close together, several hundred feet in the direction (east) the cop car was moving, or alternatively, assuming the Infinity was traveling at say, 80 MPH for kicks, and the cruiser was doing, say 35MPH, for kicks, that the force of the impact would have taken both cars in a westerly direction; i.e. the direction the faster-moving Infinity was traveling - even through the police cruiser might have been twice as heavy?

Does anyone know for sure exactly where the initial debris field from impact was in relatioon to the final resting place of the cars, and whether it was east or west of the final resting place? That might provide an important clue of what really happened here.

Posted by: GFR ()
Date: August 15, 2012 02:55PM

Curious Again Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> GFR: So if what you are saying is corrent, is it
> reaonable to assume then that since the much
> heavier car was obviously the police cruiser, the
> impact would have taken both cars, which came to
> rest very close together, several hundred feet in
> the direction (east) the cop car was moving, or
> alternatively, assuming the Infinity was traveling
> at say, 80 MPH for kicks, and the cruiser was
> doing, say 35MPH, for kicks, that the force of the
> impact would have taken both cars in a westerly
> direction; i.e. the direction the faster-moving
> Infinity was traveling - even through the police
> cruiser might have been twice as heavy?
>
> Does anyone know for sure exactly where the
> initial debris field from impact was in relatioon
> to the final resting place of the cars, and
> whether it was east or west of the final resting
> place? That might provide an important clue of
> what really happened here.

If I get what you mean....say the police car is going east at 40mph and the other car is going west at ..umm..90mph and they hit head on. I do not know the weight of each vehicle but yes...most likely the police car would be forced back with other car still going forward. If I am even close to being right, this would mean based upon the pictures and google maps that the impact point would have been east of Gum Street. The police would have marked most of the important locations and items with spray paint. We just need somebody to take pictures of those marks. The impact point would most likely be deep gashes in the pavement.

Posted by: Not convinced ()
Date: August 15, 2012 03:08PM

Why did torched guy cross three lanes plus the turn lane on a straight deserted road to hit a police car head on?

To get to the other side?

Crash reconstruction should be able to tell us how fast each car was traveling, and whether there was any mechanical failure on the torched car.

Posted by: Joey M ()
Date: August 15, 2012 05:19PM

I filled up across the street yesterday. On the south side of Franconia (in front of the Kinder Care), there are police paint marks on the curb, gouges in the curb and damaged grass for a good 50 feet east of the final resting spots. The collision drove both cars west, with (I believe) the Infiniti continuing to the south somewhat and striking the curb very hard.

Posted by: Einstein ()
Date: August 15, 2012 06:31PM

So if the heavier police cruiser was forced in the opposite direction (west) of the direction it was traveling by the lighter Infinity, as the evidence Joey M uncovered suggests, then it is pretty much a certainty that the Infinity hit the cruiser going quite significantly faster than the police cruiser was going. So from reading the prior posts all the way back to the beginning, this guy has "had some issues" and those who apparently knew him were not sure if this was an accident. Add to this the fact he had been arrested for a first offense DUI two days prior, along with 20 MPH over the speed limit and running a red light, and may have spent the night in jail. He may have been unstable, or at least very angry, and had a chip on his shoulder against the police. So two days later he is out on the road speeding and runing red lights again for whatever reason, and another motorist picks up their cell phone and reports this reckless driving to the police. The cruiser is dispatched east on Franconia from the Franconia police station, to intercept the reported speeder. The speeder in the Infinity and the cop car are apparently the only ones on the road at just before 3am, quickly approaching each other in opposite directions on Franconia Rd. They see each other from maybe 1000-1500 ft away, maybe more, in the well lit commercial vecinity of Franconia Rd. just east of Van Dorn st. The driver of the Infinity, who has been for the last couple of days feeling that his life, maybe his career, maybe his social life, maybe his pride, whatever, was runied by being arrested the previous Friday, and also being very angry at police, (maybe he felt mistreated, or maybe he felt his arrest was unwarranted, whatever) sees the police car, sees that it IS a police car, and makes a split second decision to have his revenge. Maybe he had been drinking again, who knows - but he saw the cop car, saw that is WAS a cop car, and decided to pull a kamikaze move and end his own misery and take out a cop while he was at it. So he floored it, swerved into the cop's lane at the last second before the cop even had time to react, and the rest is history. The facts as they are adding up to this point seem to suggest this possibility, but not for certain. Sure something could have gone mechanically wrong with the Infinity. Maybe the driver was drunk again and/or speeding and/or hit a slick spot and simply lost control of the car somehow. But it just seems odd under the known circumstances that such an occurrence would happen - a civilian car maneuvering over three lanes of traffic and ploughing at full speed head-on into a police car of all other possible vehicles on the road, simply by chance. It looks as if it could have been very much intentional. We will probably never know. But this may well have been a new twist on the concept of "suicide by cop." Regardless, this was a tradgedy no matter what caused it, who was at fault, if anybody, and all should keep both the policeman involved and the civilian involved, and their loved ones, in their thoughts and prayers. This was a horrible incident.

Posted by: Maybe not as convinced ()
Date: August 15, 2012 06:47PM

How about a twist on your "Einstien" theory... if you love conspiracy theories so much as you apparently do, and I hate people who love conspiracy theoris. I don't know then why would you think, if this guy was really trying to kill himself that "another motorist saw him speeding and called the police" If he was really trying to commit "suicide by cop" don't you think he would have been the one to call the police himself to report his own location, and then waited for the cop to come and then floored it into the cop car when he saw him coming? That sounds more likely if what you say holds any water whatsoever, which I doubt. People don't just make a "split second" decision to commit suicide. Most suicides are well planned. People who are close to the person are usually warned many times in advance of the person's plan to kill themself. So all you need to do is check the guys cell phone records to see if he called the police on himself just before the accident. If not, then probably not suicide.

Date: August 15, 2012 07:45PM

I think Einstein nailed it. I don't think anything was planned, but maybe this night was one last fling with what he liked to do. Realize that based on new Virginia law, upon the first DWI the Infiniti would soon be installed with an interlock device to prevent his car from starting if he drinks too much. And he pays $70 a month out of his own pocket for this. I would like to be positive and think that he didn't mean to take his life. Maybe he was implementing that emergency plan to get home.. you know, the one we all dream up about escaping the police in our fast car when we want to get home. He would have soon taken a right on Brookland Road and then two quick rights to get to his house. He has a lot of property and parks well out of sight from the road. Maybe he was swerving at the police to gain an edge in order to get home. Maybe the police slowed down and turned slightly left, getting ready to go after him.

Posted by: Fu ()
Date: August 15, 2012 07:48PM

Maybe not as convinced Wrote:
> How about a twist on your "Einstien" theory... if
> you love conspiracy theories so much as you
> apparently do, and I hate people who love
> conspiracy theoris. I don't know then why would
> you think, if this guy was really trying to kill
> himself that "another motorist saw him speeding
> and called the police" If he was really trying to
> commit "suicide by cop" don't you think he would
> have been the one to call the police himself to
> report his own location, and then waited for the
> cop to come and then floored it into the cop car
> when he saw him coming? That sounds more likely if
> what you say holds any water whatsoever, which I
> doubt. People don't just make a "split second"
> decision to commit suicide. Most suicides are well
> planned. People who are close to the person are
> usually warned many times in advance of the
> person's plan to kill themself. So all you need to
> do is check the guys cell phone records to see if
> he called the police on himself just before the
> accident. If not, then probably not suicide.

So, your suggesting suicidal people are rational? um....Nice!

I would agree with Einstein but I dont think he knew it was a cop. Anyone ever looked at headlights from even 500' away and could tell what kind of car it was? Plus, in that area at that time, there are lots of Taxi's out and about who drive a very similar vehicle with the same lights.

Anyways, the good news is that this thread will save the taxpayers lots of money. Now the FCPD can fire all their crash reconstruction people and for the next fatality they can just post pictures on here so all you fucktards can figure the course of events out.

Date: August 15, 2012 08:17PM

A reminder of why I usually stay away from this site. Fucktards that share information on a subject and then declare everyone else a fucktard for being interested. Your fucktardom is classic, true and complete.

Posted by: Suicidal1 ()
Date: August 15, 2012 08:30PM

Suicidal people are NOT rational. But the diagnostic criteria indicate that people who are not thinking "rationally" are not necessarily incablable of "organized thinking." Organized thinking is all that is necessary to intricately plan a suicide, even though the thinking is not necessarily "rational." Here is an excerpt about diagnosing suicidality:

Sometimes professionals assess suicide risk by using an assessment scale. One such scale is called the SAD PERSONS Scale, which identifies risk factors for suicide as follows:

Sex (male)
Age younger than 19 or older than 45 years of age
Depression (severe enough to be considered clinically significant)
Previous suicide attempt or received mental-health services of any kind
Excessive alcohol or other drug use
Rational thinking lost
Separated, divorced, or widowed (or other ending of significant relationship)
Organized suicide plan or serious attempt
No or little social support
Sickness or chronic medical illness

So a person who has lost the ability to "think rationally" can nonetheless have an "organized suicide plan." Many of these criteria above we know applied to the person in question and many others could even though we don't know it. I think that is what the other posters were talking about, organized thinking, if this individual actually did plan the suicide and call the police on himself. And get off it people. This is a discussion forum. Name-calling and obscenity reflect only on the person making that particular post, and it really detracts from anything else intelligent that person might have to say. (Yes I am talking about YOU Fu!) It does not reflect on the people who are making a good-faith effort to try and figure things out or make sense of a tragedy.

Date: August 15, 2012 09:04PM

Hold your horses right there oh mighty Suicidal1. Are you suggesting my post was intelligent? Please said it isnt so.

In all seriousness....and no offense, but in my opinion anything written by a psychologist or psychiatrist must be taken lightly. These people are nut-jobs themselves (and sorry if that "detracts" from anything else intelligent I may say).

I know Im kind of getting off topic but Riddle me this. If these psychologist and psychiatrists were such great and/or knowledgable professionals explain the most recent shooting in Colorado or any other person who has committed a mass casualty type crime in recent history (Ft. Hood, VT, the Amish schoolhouse, etc.) Its known all these fucktards (and I seriously think the name calling is acceptable here) saw or were seen by a quack.

Also, I might add these assessments and risk factor scales are just that. If you think for one minute they apply to all of society your sorely mistaken.

Sincerely
Fu

Date: August 15, 2012 09:38PM

Fu,

It is very telling that you are excited that I might have referred to something you said as intelligent. Actually I was speaking generally. You are obviously a person with a great need for peer support. Like the bullies on the playground. Like the Colorado shooter and that ilk. You are probably highly intelligent with an IQ above 150, like the Colorado shooter and Tim McVeigh, the September 11th terrorists, Columbine shooters, and many other genocidal, mentally ill individuals. These are highly intelligent but irrational, mentally ill people who like to go out in a "blaze of glory" - all of them want to either die in the process of performing their magnum opus, or get caught shortly after the fact. All of them leave clues. E.g. Tim McVeigh has a getaway car with no license plates on it just for the purpose that he HOPED to get caught, and did (and as he well knew, eventually die for what he did). The college board in Colorado who was dealing with the drop-out of the Colorado shooter believed him to be dangerous, but were afraid to say anything because of the potential liability of doing so.

Mental health professioanls cannot prevent these things with absolute certainty. There are not enough resources to control the behaviors of the mentally ill because the mentally ill, like the rest of us, have constitutional rights that supercede the concerns of mental health professionals. Unless there is a specifically articulated, future threat, to the safety of the mentally ill person himself, or others, the mental health professional's hands are tied, even though their gut tells them that this particular person is a ticking time-bomb. If they report someone who they believe is dangerous, but that person has not verbally dictated a specific threat, that report could be made at the cost of the mental health professional's license to practice medicine. This is our system as it now stands. If you want to educate yourself in detail about this, Google "E. Fuller Torrey". He has for years advocated changes in the law that would unbind the hands of mental health professionals when it comes to people those professionals believe to be dangerous in the absence of a specifically articulated threat.

Interestingly, I actually agree with you that many mental health professionals are themselves, as you say, "nut jobs." The suicide rate is very high among mental health professionals, just like it is among cops. But even if a mental health professional does not think rationally, they may, like cops, and like the other people they treat, be capable of "organized thinking" like the suicidal people they treat; perhaps to a degree that makes them capable of continued practice. I disagree with you that these precepts do not apply to "all of society." - They certainly do - and defintiely to you - because as the Cheshire Cat in Alice in Wonderland said: "We're ALL a little mad here....."

There is a point in any individual's life at which they will crack under stress. For some it does not take much, for others it might take waterboarding or some kind of torture, but we all have our cracking point. The civilian driver on Monday morning had obviously reached his. What YOU need to be thinking about is where, at what point, you will reach yours. If posting forums such as this one can lead you into uncivil behaviors and bad-mouthing your fellow citizens in the way that you do, I guarentee you are closer to your "cracking point" than you think. You might even be the next person to run your car head-on into a police cruiser.

Date: August 15, 2012 09:56PM

Suicidal1 Wrote:
You are probably highly intelligent with an IQ above 150.....

Your diagnosis is completely wrong.....My IQ is only 148.

I do have one questions for you then Id like to get back on topic. Am I reading your post correctly that bad-mouthing your fellow citizens can lead to suicide?

Anyways, back to the crash.....

Date: August 15, 2012 10:14PM

Sure, having antisocial personality disorder - which is your diagnosis - DSMIVR 301.7 - CAN leand to suicide because when you cut yourself off from everyone else in your life that can lead to the secondary diagnosis of depression, which can then lead to suicide. But people with antisocial personality disorder have a complete disregard for social norms, are impulsive, irritable, and agressive, have a reckless disregard for the health and safety of others, lie, use alieses, con others for personal profit or pleasure, are consistantly irresponsible, and have lack of remourse and are indifferent to, or rationalize, the mistreatment of others. This diagnosis applies to you based on your behaviors indicated in your pattern of posts on this web site.

But I was not suggesting that your behaviors indicate that you are currently suicidal. To the contrary, I think you are much more likely to be homicidal. I do not think anyone here would disagree with me. People like you are scary. You are like a road rage person. You think only of yourself and would probably beat anybody who disagrees with you into the dirt if given the slightest opportunity. You should really seek help for yourself before suggesting what others should do.

And if Einstein is corrent, getting back to the crash, it is quite possible that you and the civilian driver share a lot in common, which is probably why you are so interested in this topic. I am not judging you but am just calling them as I see them. Seek help, my friend. With help you could become a happy person and actually fit into society, rather than hanging on the fringes like you do. Seriously.

Date: August 15, 2012 10:24PM

Your impressive. Didn't realize it was possible to diagnose a psychological disorder by a few posts online.

If I were to seek help I'd like you to be my quack. Post up your info and qualifications.

Date: August 15, 2012 11:50PM

If I were a practitioner it would not be appropriate for me to treat you personally based upon the circumstances of our acquaintance, and I although am a doctoral scholar on mental health issues, I am not a practitioner, but I do know many very good practitioners and would really like to refer you to somebody that I think could help you. I do not know how to do that based upon this shroud of anonymity that this site maintains, but if you could give me a clue about how to contact you outside this site I know of someone who could truly help you. I would first refer you to a psychologist who could do some talk therapy with you and deal with your issues on a verbal basis. That person could then, if necessary, refer you to a psychiatrist to determine if medication could be of any help to you. My suggestion is that you open an anonymous hotmail e-mail account, go ahead and post the address here, and I (and probably 10,000 idiots) will respond (I ask that please nobody do this). But you will know my response from the others by the information I give you. The alternative to this problematic situation though, is simple. Go to the yellow pages and find a psychologist that deals with personality disorders and find someone near you and give it a try. You might go to more than one person before you find someone you are comfortable with. But getting better is ultimately up to you. You must take the initiative. I know how difficult your life must be. How hard it is to manage your anger and your contempt for others. Something happened along the way in your life to do this to you and it is not your fault. Seeking help is the "big man" way to go. Denying your problems is pathological and definitely the "little man" way to go. This is your opportunity to do something for youself that will change you life for the better forever. People are inherantly good. If you believe this you must believe it about yourself too. You can do this. If I am wrong after you have had a few months of therapy you can come back here and call me a "fucktard" all you want.

Lord have mercy.............did like a Stupid Bomb go off last night on you ppl? o_0
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: August 16, 2012 07:44AM

so yeah - it's OBVIOUSLY suicide by cop. Happens all the time, right?

couldnt POSSIBLY be anything else, right?

http://www.wtop.com/41/2993032/10000-communities-begin-crackdown-on-drunken-driving

Posted by: the plot thickens ()
Date: August 16, 2012 03:25PM

Va. police need help finding good samaritan
Thursday - 8/16/2012, 1:09pm ET
Hank Silverberg, wtop.com

WASHINGTON - Police are looking for a man they say helped an injured police officer escape from a trapped car Monday.

They want to thank him.

The dark-haired man was one of two people who helped the officer after he had been injured in a head-on crash that killed 52-year-old Jeffery Woods on Franconia Road, Fairfax County police say.

Woods' car, an Infiniti, caught fire after the crash.

The injured officer remains in the hospital. Information about his condition has not been released.

Police say they want to hear from witnesses or people who took video at the scene before police arrived.

Anyone with information is asked to call 866-411-8477.

Posted by: Bejebus! ()
Date: August 16, 2012 03:36PM

It was Timmy what helped save that feller!

I told you he warn't deaded!

Posted by: just want to thank him ()
Date: August 16, 2012 03:51PM

Yea, right.....since when does the POPO thank anyone??

Looks like they are trying to silence our witness.

Posted by: Hey Dumb Ass ()
Date: August 16, 2012 04:01PM

just want to thank him Wrote:
> Yea, right.....since when does the POPO thank
> anyone??
>
> Looks like they are trying to silence our witness.

I guess you missed the first interview on the news with the witness that saw the car speeding and called 911. He then drove to the accident and helped pull the officer out after hearing the crash. He reports a 2nd guy helping him. So yeah...the police are knocking off the witnesses after letting them talk to the news. Your parents must be proud they raised such a smart child. Now go back and hide in whatever made up world you live in.

Posted by: police car on fire? ()
Date: August 16, 2012 04:23PM

Unless the police car was on fire, it makes no sense for the witness to pull the officer from the car.

Had the cop sustained spinal/neck injuries---very likely in a high imact crash--this "helpful" witness did not do this guy any favors.

Posted by: Suicidal2 ()
Date: August 17, 2012 12:57AM

Suicidal1 Wrote:
> If I were a practitioner

Too long to read. Here, I condensed it for you.

IfIwereapractitioneritwouldnotbeappropriateformetotreatyoupersonallybaseduponthecircumstancesofouracquaintance,andIalthoughamadoctoralscholaronmentalhealthissues,Iamnotapractitioner,butIdoknowmanyverygoodpractitionersandwouldreallyliketoreferyoutosomebodythatIthinkcouldhelpyou.Idonotknowhowtodothatbaseduponthisshroudofanonymitythatthissitemaintains,butifyoucouldgivemeaclueabouthowtocontactyououtsidethissiteIknowofsomeonewhocouldtrulyhelpyou.Iwouldfirstreferyoutoapsychologistwhocoulddosometalktherapywithyouanddealwithyourissuesonaverbalbasis.Thatpersoncouldthen,ifnecessary,referyoutoapsychiatristtodetermineifmedicationcouldbeofanyhelptoyou.Mysuggestionisthatyouopenananonymoushotmaile-mailaccount,goaheadandposttheaddresshere,andI(andprobably10,000idiots)willrespond(Iaskthatpleasenobodydothis).ButyouwillknowmyresponsefromtheothersbytheinformationIgiveyou.Thealternativetothisproblematicsituationthough,issimple.Gototheyellowpagesandfindapsychologistthatdealswithpersonalitydisordersandfindsomeonenearyouandgiveitatry.Youmightgotomorethanonepersonbeforeyoufindsomeoneyouarecomfortablewith.Butgettingbetterisultimatelyuptoyou.Youmusttaketheinitiative.Iknowhowdifficultyourlifemustbe.Howharditistomanageyourangerandyourcontemptforothers.Somethinghappenedalongthewayinyourlifetodothistoyouanditisnotyourfault.Seekinghelpisthe"bigman"waytogo.Denyingyourproblemsispathologicalanddefinitelythe"littleman"waytogo.Thisisyouropportunitytodosomethingforyouselfthatwillchangeyoulifeforthebetterforever.Peopleareinherantlygood.Ifyoubelievethisyoumustbelieveitaboutyourselftoo.Youcandothis.IfIamwrongafteryouhavehadafewmonthsoftherapyyoucancomebackhereandcallmea"fucktard"allyouwant.

Posted by: old acquaintance ()
Date: August 17, 2012 11:14AM

Have not talked to the deceased for a few years, but this is a little out
of character for the person we knew. The chatter here got so convoluted that
I still don't understand why the infinity is in flames and the police
cruiser had non fatal impact and the officer quickly extricated without
equipment. Things still don't seem to add up. I am most concerned that
the police car had no lights on, and would like to figure exactly where the
point of impact was. I hope someone is pursuing this on behalf of Mr. Woods.

Posted by: a work friend ()
Date: August 17, 2012 04:01PM

I worked with Jeff for about 15 years, and he always treated all his coworkers with patience and respect. He was sometimes bemused by the silly things that go on in offices, but he took it all in stride. He had a wonderful sense of humor and brightened up any meeting. He was a free spirit who respected the same freedom in others. He was also very good at his job, and he will be missed by his many friends at work.

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: August 17, 2012 08:15PM

too bad he wasn't missed by the cop *rim shot*

Posted by: Facts for thought ()
Date: August 18, 2012 10:53AM

Here is another possibility

Here is a report from an Infinity owner:
contact stated while at a stop, the vehicle accelerates. this occurs with the brake pedal depressed. the computer does not store any codes and the dealership is unable to determine the problem. updated 2/13/2006

there are quite a few more reports from infinity drivers in different conditions, highway speeds, slow speeds, stopped etc...

If I remember right, we saw a large-scale problem with Toyota in the past with unexpected acelleration.

Is a fire possible?
if a part is not properly attached, or prematurely wears out, mix in a serious impact, then yes, fire is definitely possible
Here are a couple recalls from earlier model years:
Look at this sentence:
ON CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES, THE FUEL HOSE CONNECTION FOR THE OUTLET OF THE FUEL PUMP WHICH IS LOCATED AT THE TOP OF THE FUEL TANK MAY NOT HAVE BEEN PROPERLY ATTACHED WHEN THE VEHICLE WAS ASSEMBLED

RECALL: 2003 Infiniti G35
NHTSA Campaign Number: 02V245000

www.nhtsa.dot.gov
Manufacturer NISSAN NORTH AMERICA, INC.
Recall Date: 09/12/2002
Potential Number Of Units Affected: 18300
Description FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:DELIVERY:HOSES, LINES/PIPING, AND FITTINGS
Summary ON CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES, THE FUEL HOSE CONNECTION FOR THE OUTLET OF THE FUEL PUMP WHICH IS LOCATED AT THE TOP OF THE FUEL TANK MAY NOT HAVE BEEN PROPERLY ATTACHED WHEN THE VEHICLE WAS ASSEMBLED AND COULD COME LOOSE WHILE DRIVING OR WHEN STARTING THE ENGINE.
Consequence IF THE CONNECTION COMES LOOSE WHILE DRIVING, THE ENGINE WILL STOP RUNNING DUE TO LACK OF FUEL, INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH. ALSO, IF THE CONNECTION COMES LOOSE WHILE DRIVING OR ATTEMPTING TO START OR RESTART THE ENGINE, SOME FUEL WILL DISCHARGE FROM THE FUEL PUMP. IF THIS SHOULD OCCUR IN THE PRESENCE OF AN EXTERNAL IGNITION SOURCE, A FIRE COULD RESULT.

RECALL: 2003 - 2004 Infiniti G35
NHTSA Campaign Number: 05V555000

www.nhtsa.dot.gov
Manufacturer NISSAN NORTH AMERICA, INC.
Recall Date: NOV 28, 2005
Potential Number Of Units Affected: 192659
Description FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE
Summary FUEL FILLER HOSE MAY CRACK FROM EXPOSURE TO OZONE. FUEL MAY LEAK FROM THE HOSE DURING REFUELING. OWNERS MAY BE WARNED OF THIS CONDITION BY ILLUMINATION OF THE ENGINE MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LIGHT IN THE INSTRUMENT PANEL AS A RESULT OF THE ONBOARD DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM DETECTING A LEAK IN THE EVAPORATIVE EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEM.
Consequence FUEL LEAKAGE IN THE PRESENCE OF AN IGNITION SOURCE COULD RESULT IN A FIRE.

Posted by: former co-worker ()
Date: August 18, 2012 10:55PM

Thanks for what you said, "a work friend," about Jeff. I used to work with him, and always liked and admired him. He was such a good guy, so nice, laid-back, and conscientious about his work. Such a terrible loss. It's so hard to believe he is gone. I wonder if he fell asleep or passed out in the car.

Posted by: Jackson ()
Date: August 19, 2012 02:09AM

The victim that burn alive in the vehicle was at fault. He had mental problems and had been arrested the night before for DWI and driving on a suspended permit

Posted by: wheezer ()
Date: August 19, 2012 10:39PM

Did the police car swerve severely to the left?

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: August 19, 2012 10:59PM

no

Posted by: Granny Fairfax ()
Date: August 19, 2012 11:07PM

Granny Fairfax Wrote:
> Oh, I'd also like to add...
>
> 5) Police Assisted Suicide

You know why this site sucks so hard? I said Police Assisted Suicide 6 FUCKING DAYS AGO! Some clown named "Einstein" comes on here, says the same thing and it's a fucking REVELATION? What a joke...

Posted by: Granddad ()
Date: August 20, 2012 12:13PM

What makes this site bad is that the majority of you post as though you know ANYTHING AT ALL about this accident or the people involved in it.

Posted by: wheezer ()
Date: August 22, 2012 10:52PM

It also looks like the cruiser was heading east and may have abruptly turned left (to the north) heading onto Old Rolling Rd and his headlights flashed straight at the westbound Infinity. The driver of the Infinity may have judged the lights coming directly at him as someone slowly turning to their left, so the Infinity steered left in a last minute attempt to miss the crossing cruiser, but the cruiser saw the approaching Infinity too late and tried to stop anyway, but just became a slower-moving obstacle that the Infinity could not steer around, so they crashed head-on, with the net force carrying both cars somewhat to the south and west of the original crash impact site.

Websites say a police Crown Vic weights 3900# and a 2006 Infinity weighs 3800#, so they are about the same weight. If they traveled a little to the south and west, the Infinity would have been going a little faster than the Cruiser, which appears to have been slowing down to make the left turn. The net after impact motion would have been to the west and to the south.

Posted by: angel ()
Date: August 22, 2012 10:55PM

That mysterious second person with dark hair that helped the officer out of his cruiser was Jeff, before he departed for the last time.

Date: August 23, 2012 12:24AM

wheezer Wrote:
> It also looks like the cruiser was heading east
> and may have abruptly turned left (to the north)
> heading onto Old Rolling Rd and his headlights
> flashed straight at the westbound Infinity. The
> driver of the Infinity may have judged the lights
> coming directly at him as someone slowly turning
> to their left, so the Infinity steered left in a
> last minute attempt to miss the crossing cruiser,
> but the cruiser saw the approaching Infinity too
> late and tried to stop anyway, but just became a
> slower-moving obstacle that the Infinity could not
> steer around, so they crashed head-on, with the
> net force carrying both cars somewhat to the south
> and west of the original crash impact site.
>
> Websites say a police Crown Vic weights 3900# and
> a 2006 Infinity weighs 3800#, so they are about
> the same weight. If they traveled a little to the
> south and west, the Infinity would have been going
> a little faster than the Cruiser, which appears to
> have been slowing down to make the left turn. The
> net after impact motion would have been to the
> west and to the south.

Go back to the top and re-read. Neither cars were turning. Your theory sucks.

Date: August 23, 2012 12:26AM

angel Wrote:
> That mysterious second person with dark hair that
> helped the officer out of his cruiser was Jeff,
> before he departed for the last time.

This was the dumbest full retard thing I've ever seen posted.

Posted by: Wondering About Weight ()
Date: August 23, 2012 12:42AM

wheezer wrote:
> Websites say a police Crown Vic weights 3900# and a 2006 Infinity weighs 3800#,
> so they are about the same weight.

from http://forums.officer.com/t157518/ :

"The curb weight is listed at 4127 for a 2009 Crown Victoria. The average weight of our cars is 5000 lbs."

That seems more like it. There's no way a stock Infinity is going to weigh the same as a fully outfitted police cruiser. The extra batteries alone probably weigh over 100lbs. I wonder if they upgrade the brakes to compensate for the extra mass?

Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.