HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Chantilly Cash and Carry "Under Old Management"
Posted by: snakeinthegrass ()
Date: August 11, 2012 07:29PM

Anyone been in since the "old management" took over? Meant to stop in today but drove right by it without thinking twice.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Chantilly Cash and Carry "Under Old Management"
Posted by: NOVA Dude ()
Date: August 11, 2012 07:37PM

What's a cash and carry?

Posted by: CCC ()
Date: August 11, 2012 08:56PM

NOVA Dude Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What's a cash and carry?

It is in Chantilly.

Posted by: TillyGuy ()
Date: August 26, 2012 07:09PM

I went in and talked to the old white guy running it now. I asked him about the sign out front and his exact quote was, "I'm old management. I opened the place in the 70's. The Korean's had over-stayed their welcome."

Haven't noticed much change in the store except they did away with most if not all of the boots and cowboy hats that collected dust on the back wall, and some of the other weird/nasty stuff like the basket of eggs on the checkout counter that were sold individually.

Posted by: shit hole ()
Date: August 26, 2012 07:35PM

For those who don't know, it's a shit hole next to another shit hole (Anita's) in the epiccenter of Mexican/Korean shit hole on Route 50.

Posted by: Buford T. Cletus III ()
Date: August 26, 2012 07:35PM

So, are you saying it's a shit hole? LOL

Posted by: Enigma ()
Date: August 26, 2012 08:54PM

It's so-named because if you have cash on you you better carrying. I know I sure would be if ever forced to enter that place. It's almost like a store that was started to literally exist to make fun of ghetto stereotypes.

Posted by: shit hole Chantilly ()
Date: August 26, 2012 09:31PM

That entire corner should be torn down and something we really need put there. Like a bank, church or Starbucks.

Posted by: Get rid of it ()
Date: August 27, 2012 10:40AM

"""That entire corner should be torn down and something we really need put there. Like a bank, church or Starbucks."""

+1

Posted by: history lesson ()
Date: February 06, 2016 11:25AM

Just a little note once upon a time the only thing there were four corners, that cash and carry grocery store was the first store in chantilly. If it werent for him chantilly would not exist. my grandfather shopped there my father and uncles shopped there and I shopped there. It was a piece of history and it was founded on honesty. As an adult I walked in and he knew exactly who I was. Recently I made a trip down there and saw it was gone turned into another freaking chain store operated by another non american individual.Congrats you got what you wanted another piece of virginia history gone. Dont believe its been there take a trip to the library or tax office.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.