HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Is Panhandling illegal in Fairfax Co. now?
Posted by: 6X ()
Date: August 09, 2012 05:31PM

My friend was panhandling on Rt. 1 and a cop told him he did not want to see him in the area again. What is the law in Fairfax Co. on panhandling?
Attachments:
homeless.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is Panhandling illegal in Fairfax Co. now?
Posted by: yours for the taking ()
Date: August 09, 2012 05:58PM

Your friend is wrong. He needs to contact Sharon Bulova. The county has all kinds of goodies for free just waiting for him. In case she cannot get him pointed in the right direction then contact Honest Gerry Connolly.

Whoever panhandles in this day and age is a total fool.
Attachments:
2544144437_sl_fluke_0306_blog_xlarge.jpg

Posted by: Angry White Man ()
Date: August 09, 2012 06:51PM

Curiously, Arlington County is full of panhandlers. I checked their ordinances and I see that they require permits to panhandle.

There is one fellow who carries a sign that says "always faithful". What I see is that he is faithful to his corner at Washington blvd and Lee Highway.

Why don't they haul these scumbags away?

Posted by: Novel Idea ()
Date: August 09, 2012 07:24PM

OP, How about your friend go out and get a job? Just a real question.

Posted by: NRA 75 ()
Date: August 09, 2012 07:29PM

Gerry Connolly just sent a flyer paid for by our tax dollars for his campaign. I consider that to be panhandling.

Date: August 09, 2012 07:34PM

Maybe Connolly can hire the "friend" to hand out flyers and really help the economy.

Posted by: NRA 75 ()
Date: August 09, 2012 08:06PM

Novel Idea Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe Connolly can hire the "friend" to hand out
> flyers and really help the economy.

Maybe some undocumented workers or folks who think its okay to speak about violence against Americans in their textbooks. Gotta love the Saudi Academy, and his taking campaign dollar after dollar from them.

Does the Emir of Saudi Arabia kiss the pinkie ring of Gerry? I'm curious.

Posted by: gerry c jr ()
Date: August 09, 2012 08:15PM

Why anyone would choose to work anymore is beyond me. Obama just signed off an executive order gutting the welfare to work program. You no longer have to work, seek work or train for work. Thats all over now. You can remain on welfare your entire life if you see fit.

Posted by: It is illegal ()
Date: August 09, 2012 08:47PM

It is illegal. I found out a few weeks ago. I had my kids's basketball team at an intersection on various corners with signs that said help us get to nationals. We were not harassing people just had a bucket and sign. An hour into our fundraising efforts a cop came by and said 3 different people had reported us. WTF? He said I feel bad because I have been watching you guys from the school and I can see you are not obstructing taffic and you aren't shouting but in FFX you have to have a permit to conduct any business near a roadway. Who knew panhandling was a business. He suggested we hold up a sign that said turn into the school to give us money. This would be ok. How many people do you know that will turn in based on a sign? All these people bitch and moan about how kids are menaces to society anymore and when they are raising money for something good that they are doing that keeps them out of trouble they're reported to the police. Crazy. So we came down to the City of Alexandria and cops drove by and donated to their team. LMAO!!! I am sure it is frowned upon there too but since they weren't hurting anybody nobody cared.

Posted by: meterf ()
Date: August 10, 2012 01:33AM

In some states they specifically allow panhandling and even designate areas as "panhandles". Florida has a panhandle area, and so does Oklahoma. Maryland also has a panhandle area. Idaho and Texas also have areas for panhandling.

Posted by: your friend ()
Date: August 10, 2012 01:49AM

Was he the guy pan handling outside walmart?

Date: August 10, 2012 07:42AM

your friend Wrote:
> Was he the guy pan handling outside walmart?

No. But I heard the cop that arrested that guy was hot. Not sure what the charge was.

Date: August 10, 2012 12:18PM

So the fireman trying to fill the boot is illegal? I call BS. I believe that you are allowed to stand on public areas, unless you obstruct traffic or are a menance. In which case, the cops can move you away. If you've gotten three (3) complaints via 911, the kids might have been more aggressive than you know.

Posted by: Radar Man ()
Date: August 10, 2012 03:22PM

I dont know, why dont you check your police scanner you loser.

Posted by: GFR ()
Date: August 10, 2012 03:29PM

Novel Idea Wrote:
> So the fireman trying to fill the boot is illegal?
> I call BS. I believe that you are allowed to
> stand on public areas, unless you obstruct traffic
> or are a menance. In which case, the cops can
> move you away. If you've gotten three (3)
> complaints via 911, the kids might have been more
> aggressive than you know.

Well...YES it is illegal for the fire department to be doing this. And they know it. The police look the other way when the fire department does it.

Date: August 10, 2012 04:31PM

Radar Man Wrote:
> I dont know, why dont you check your police
> scanner you loser.

Like that would be on the scanner, eesh.
Attachments:
cat 6x.jpg

Posted by: Scum Bag ()
Date: June 07, 2014 10:45PM

Scum bags? how about a little humility. Until you have an addiction or choose to practice a little humility and put yourself in a desperate humans shoes keep your bigoted comments to yourself. not everyone is born with a silver spoon in their ass.

Posted by: Gerry's 4th chin ()
Date: June 08, 2014 09:19AM

If they vote for me they can panhandle all they want

Posted by: Still... ()
Date: June 08, 2014 09:21AM

yours for the taking Wrote:
> Whoever panhandles in this day and age is a total fool.

It beats being a Republican.

Posted by: Begging Laws in Virginia ()
Date: June 09, 2014 04:45AM

Here's the answer...

Begging Laws in Virginia

Panhandling laws in Virginia vary from city to city and county to county. In any incorporated city, you must check with local authorities to figure out the law for the area. They will be able to tell you if a permit is required to panhandle or if there are any begging restrictions.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/info_8696837_begging-laws-virginia.html#ixzz34877OXpm

Posted by: Makes Sense ()
Date: June 09, 2014 07:58AM

Begging Laws in Virginia Wrote:
> Here's the answer...
>
> Begging Laws in Virginia
>
> Panhandling laws in Virginia vary from city to
> city and county to county. In any incorporated
> city, you must check with local authorities to
> figure out the law for the area. They will be able
> to tell you if a permit is required to panhandle
> or if there are any begging restrictions.
>
> Read more:
> http://www.ehow.com/info_8696837_begging-laws-virg
> inia.html#ixzz34877OXpm

This makes sense that there would be different restrictions for the different counties.

Posted by: theangelmichael ()
Date: July 08, 2014 04:32PM

IT IS NOT ILLEGAL TO PANHANDLE IN FAIRFAX COUNTY OR ANYWHERE ELSE. HOW CAN IT BE?! YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT, BUT IT IS FREEDOM OF SPEECH, EXPRESSION, ETC. PANHANDLING IS PROTECTED BY THE FIRST AMENDMENT!!! MANY JUDGES CITY STATE AND FEDERAL HAVE DECLARED TIME AND TIME AGAIN THAT BANNING PANHANDLING ARE ILLEGAL LAWS. JUST BECAUSE SOMETHING IS A LAW DOESNT MAKE IT LEGAL!!! AND FURTHERMORE THERE IS NOT A PANHANDLING BAN IN FAIRFAX COUNTY!!! NEITHER THE STATE OF VIRGINA NOR FAIRFAX COUNTY HAVE A PANHANDLING BAN BECAUSE THEY WOULD NEVER GET THESE LAWS PASSED!!!! SO THEY ENFORCE IT LIKE IT IS A LAW, WHEN IT ISNT!!! (and you people who like to say "yes it is, look..." and then post a link to the ENTIRE CONTENTS OF VIRGINIA LAW, STOP!!! If you think it is a law, I would be very happy to see it in the form of the code, and the actual law. Fairfax county has ordinances on Peddling, Canvassing, and Soliciting, but that is NOT what panhanding IS. Peddling, Canvassing, and Soliciting are various ways of SOLICITING. The LEGAL definition of all three is "ATTEMPTING TO EXCHANGED GOOD (in the form of product or physical work) for MONEY. You see that? You have to OFFER something. SOLICITING DONATIONS on the other hand is just that. SOLICITING DONATIONS. And fairfax county has a ordinence on THAT but it boils down to YOU DO NOT NEED A LICENSE TO SOLICIT DONATIONS AS LONG AS ALL THE PROCEEDS (up to 5000 dollars per day) go to the named benificiary. PERIOD. Im sorry. But that is the law.

Posted by: ILLEGAL PANHANDLING IN FFX CO ()
Date: July 08, 2014 04:36PM

IF IT'S NOT ILLEGAL HOW CAN WE MAKE IT SO?

Posted by: the angel Michael ()
Date: May 19, 2015 03:08PM

This answers nothing. All I see on this post is a bunch of fascist, nazis, who seem to think the constitution of the UNITED STATES IS INVALID. I see a bunch of bitter assholes saying "WHy dont they they just haul these guys away," or "yes, its illegal. Because Fair County has all kinds of "goodies" for "people Like this"

FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS EXACTLY THAT. YOU CAN NOT DICTATE WHAT A PERSON SAYS!

Posted by: Soldier of God ()
Date: May 19, 2015 03:54PM

ATTENTION YOU FACIST, COMMIE, NAZIS!!!! PANHANDLING IS NOT ILLEGAL. IT IS PROTECTED BY FREEDOM OF SPEECH (in thousands of court cases) AND PROTECTED BY THREE OTHER CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENTS.(unlawful search and seizure, etc) SOME FAIRFAX OFFICERS ATTEMPT TO THREATEN OR MAKE UP LAWS, BUT THERE ARENT. NOT ONE OF YOU CANT CITE THE ORDINANCE BY ITS NUMBER....BECAUSE IT DOESNT EXIS!!!! OF COURSE THEY DONT, IF THEY DID, THEY WOULD BE UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!! I AM SADDENED THAT I AM ONE OF VERY FEW PEOPLE ON HERE WHO CARE MORE ABOUT LIBERTY, AND OUR FREEDOMS REMAINING INTACT, AND BEING A TRUE PATRIOT, OVER JUDGING SOME POOR GUY AND SAYING TERRIBLE THINGS ABOUT THESE PEOPLE. WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?! YOUR ARE JUST MAD BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT TAKES 1/4 of your CHECK!? GO EFFING EFF yourself. MAYBE WE SHOULD BUILD LABOR CAMPS FOR THEM AND PUT THEM TO WORK LIKE GOOD CITIZENS. AND IF THEY ARE DISABLED MENTALLY OR PHYSICALLY, WELL WE'LL JUST EXECUTE THEM. WE DONT NEED MORE MOUTHs TO FEED!!! SORRY BUT YOU WANT ME TO PAY TAXES, FINE. I PAY TAXES SO THAT WE CAN ALL LIVE IN A COUNTRY WHERE PEOPLE ARE FREE TO SIT ON THE CORNER WITH A SIGN THAT SAYS HOMELESS. I DONT SEE ANYONE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE GUY WITHE SIGN THAT SAYS "PRAY TO END ABORTION" WITH A PICTURE OF AN ABORTED FETUS IN THE 2nd trimester. OR HOW ABOUT THE "GOD HATES GAYS" ASSHOLE WHO LITERALLY PROTEST AT SOLDIERS FUNERALS. YOURE OKAY WITH THAT?! YOU ALL ARE SOME ANTI-AMERICAN TRUE SOCIOPATHS. DO YOU KNOW THAT?!

"But its not just speech...he's making money from it..."

OH MY GOD!!! HE IS AMKING MONEY DOING SOMETHING....IN AMERICA!?! THE CAPITAL OF CAPITALISM!?!?

"He's a criminal...He's not paying taxes...."

Oh yeah?! guess who else was a beggar and didn't pay taxes...? JESUS FRIGGIN CHRIST!!! AND HIS APOSTLES!!! MY STARS IT WAS A CONSPIRACY. HE COULD HAVE BEEN TRIED FOR BEING A CONFEDERATE....Oh...wait...THEY DID. REMEMBER YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR THE BEGGAR WHO DIDNT PAY TAXES. FOR THOSE OF YOU UNEDUCATED DOORKNOBS OUT THERE THAT DIDNT HAPPEN TO STUDY THE HISTORY OF THE TRANSLATION OF THE BIBLE, "RENDER ONTO CEASAR WHAT IS CAESAR'S, AND RENDER ON TO GOD WHAT IS GODS" DOES NOT mean you SHOULD pay taxes. DUH!! HELLO!!! He is literally saying "Caesar can keep his, I will keep mine" ....AND ST FRANCIS!!! AND ABOUT A THOUSAND OTHER REVERED SAINTS!!!! GO SCREW YOURSELF!!!!

WHEN POLICE OFFICERS THREATEN TO ARREST YOU OR TRY TO FORCE YOU TO STOP USING YOUR FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHT, THEY ARE COMMITTING A FEDERAL CRIME!!! DEPRIVATION OF RIGHTS UNDER COLOR OF LAW

Summary:

Section 242 of Title 18 makes it a crime for a person acting under color of any law to willfully deprive a person of a right or privilege protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States.
For the purpose of Section 242, acts under "color of law" include acts not only done by federal, state, or local officials within the their lawful authority, but also acts done beyond the bounds of that official's lawful authority, if the acts are done while the official is purporting to or pretending to act in the performance of his/her official duties. Persons acting under color of law within the meaning of this statute include police officers, prisons guards and other law enforcement officials, as well as judges, care providers in public health facilities, and others who are acting as public officials. It is not necessary that the crime be motivated by animus toward the race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin of the victim.

The offense is punishable by a range of imprisonment up to a life term, or the death penalty, depending upon the circumstances of the crime, and the resulting injury, if any.

TITLE 18, U.S.C., SECTION 242

Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom, willfully subjects any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States, ... shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if bodily injury results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include the use, attempted use, or threatened use of a dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnaping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.

SO YOUR ALL WRONG EXCEPT THE FIRST GUY. NO, PANHANDLING IS AND WILL ALWAY BE LEGAL, AND IN JURISDICTIONS WHERE IT ISNT AND THEY HAVE PASSED ANTI PANHANDLING LAWS, THEY ARE GUILTY OF TREASON.

""When injustice has become law, revolution is an OBLIGATION." Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: The angel michael ()
Date: June 05, 2015 08:18PM

You CANT. IT IS PROTECTED BY THE FIRST, FOURTH, AND FOURTEENTH CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDS. CAN YOU NOT READ, YOU FACIST?? GO BACK TO RUSSIA YOU ARE UNAMERICAN!!!

Posted by: Halfway_Home ()
Date: June 05, 2015 11:15PM

Another problem you run in to is that while you may want to make it illegal in your county, most people panhandle on state roads due to the volume of traffic, so any county ordinance for these individuals would be moot. I don't live in Fairfax but I live and work in a nearby jurisdiction. The county I live in looked in to banning panhandling not too long ago. We decided not to go with a permit system because it is kind of stupid. We went with educating the people who think that giving $1 or $5 is really going to make a difference in a panhandler's life. Giving to a panhandler is more for the giver than the recipient, a magnanimous moment that leads to more problems than it fixes.

I had to do outreach to the homeless and panhandlers for my job. Panhandlers can easily make anywhere from $500 to $800 a day

Posted by: Lying Bitch ()
Date: June 06, 2015 12:13AM

Halfway_Home Wrote:
> Another problem you run in to is that while you
> may want to make it illegal in your county, most
> people panhandle on state roads due to the volume
> of traffic, so any county ordinance for these
> individuals would be moot. I don't live in Fairfax
> but I live and work in a nearby jurisdiction. The
> county I live in looked in to banning panhandling
> not too long ago. We decided not to go with a
> permit system because it is kind of stupid. We
> went with educating the people who think that
> giving $1 or $5 is really going to make a
> difference in a panhandler's life. Giving to a
> panhandler is more for the giver than the
> recipient, a magnanimous moment that leads to more
> problems than it fixes.
>
> I had to do outreach to the homeless and
> panhandlers for my job. Panhandlers can easily
> make anywhere from $500 to $800 a day

That amount is a bald faced lye! And only if any one gives a SUBSTANCE ABUSER monetary help does it not do any real good to give money.
Some, but rarely, are truly in need of the gift of cash. And if any given person is simply LEGALLY asking for help and nothing more, such as directly asking for money, it is legal and can not be interpreted ad panhandling. And if any given person offers money as help as an un-cohersed gift, the given one requesting the help can LEGALLY accept it as a gift. And the one asking for help can not be weasling out a cry baby story in between time making any potential references of money, either. That can LEGALLY be interpreted as panhandling as well.
Then, of course, you have 'corporate townships' inside county's like FX, VA. that 'rule the roost' and sometimes permit 'non-aggressive' panhandling -
Because, this type of panhandling, is, of course, not suggestive of a substance abuser. Substance abusers always get aggressive in their requests/demands for $CASH$. IMPATIENT for their next FIX of the alcohol or drugs they are addicted to.
And the ones making SUPPOSEDLY making more than one or two hundred a day - depending on how long they spend daily panhandling - are usually the substance abusing, highly aggressive ones that end up getting themselves in trouble with 'The Law'. Get mixed up busted more often than not for one thing or the other. They end up having to pay their way to stay out of jail with the money they do hustle up. If not, they stay in jail. And if they do not pay the court fees and/or fines? Well, then they usually end up back in jail. They lose their drivers license. And can not get another one until the money I'd paid to the local justice system.
Trick is, is to keep it honest. Then the one or two hundred you might get asking for help actually helps. It take about four to six hours of doing it honest. And the U.S. Supreme Court rulings on such a matter maintains your right to sply ask for help. Local 'ordnances' (and some asshole minded cops) just simply love to over ride the higher authority court. In which, in reality, overrides their simple minded asses!
Take this lesson from 'the horses mouth' (me) that has 'been there, done that'.
Then, you also have 'asshole citizens' that see you standing around with a simple 'Help' sign, call the cops on you, bald faced lying to them trying to accuse you falsly of panhandling directly. If you are 'straight', honest about it when they show up, 100% of the time with the bald faced false accuser never to be their like the puss they are, the cops will leave you alone. If you give them any slack (shit) that slightly inducates you are substance abusing and the like, you are ran off out of there and have to start all over again at a different locale. So, if you are considering such an endeavor, you need to 'Get Smart' and simply stay of the substance abuse wagon. Most cops no how to 'push the right buttons' in/with a brief interrogation like discussion with any given street bum. Just don't be one if you plan on doing it. Even so, on occasion, you will run across that one or to rare, purely asshole cop that will give you a false 'jay walking/impeding traffuc' bullshit ticket. You just pay the fine ($10 plus court cost) and move on. A small price to ocassionally pay to receive a few hundred bucks a week in gift s/gift money. And, again, you must pay the tickets issued off, or your looking a a hole new bag of worms such as mentioned, above.
Attachments:
5e344ace_tumblr_mmqyxl31PO1s2d2ceo1_1280~01~01.jpg
33f953d3_tumblr_mndb6o1oYI1s2d2ceo1_400~01.jpg
c56510a7_tumblr_n7exf6g8Qk1s6bcvoo1_1280~01.jpg
c9016ca5_tumblr_n7qqkoLRbZ1s6bcvoo1_1280~01.jpg
b365557c_tumblr_n5u5jdMIb11skhknyo1_1280.jpg

Posted by: Mike O'Meara Show Fan ()
Date: June 06, 2015 04:05AM

Lying Bitch Wrote:
> a whole bunch of shit that no one read.

tl;dr

Really, do world a favor and harm yourself.

Posted by: 'See' last pix, 'let go' ()
Date: June 06, 2015 02:25PM

Mike O'Meara Show Fan Wrote:
> Lying Bitch Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > a whole bunch of shit that no one read.
>
> tl;dr
>
> Really, do world a favor and harm yourself.

Who cares what a fag 'Mike O'Meara Gay Show Fan'
has to think or post about. Anywhere on this website or the the world wide web!
You, fag girl, are;
(and not just a regular pimple, but a puss filled zit with a real nasty, large blackhead stopping it up!)
Attachments:
6e706e10_tumblr_n66e4g28Eq1sfd9ejo1_1280~02.jpg
d023d63e_tumblr_mz7o9nLnrS1qbuewbo1_1280~02.jpg
d023d63e_tumblr_mz7o9nLnrS1qbuewbo1_1280~03.jpg
d023d63e_tumblr_mz7o9nLnrS1qbuewbo1_1280~01~03.jpg
d023d63e_tumblr_mz7o9nLnrS1qbuewbo1_1280.jpg

Posted by: stp9872359281709435 ()
Date: June 06, 2015 02:36PM

squattheplanet.org. They have a whole section dedicated to which cities and states are friendly to fly a sign in. Interestingly enough, in Florida it is illegal to give a homeless person food.

Posted by: Brittany ()
Date: March 03, 2016 08:05PM

Let me just say this sometimes depending on your situation finding jobs is hard second of all let me say this from experience those of you who work a 9-5 make less money than the panhandlers do period there are days you walk away with a thousand dollars its not as easy as it looks either people look at you differently when in all reality they have no idea who you are where you came from or your goals as to where your headed why doesn't everyone stop judging everyone else for what they do and if you have a problem with it don't stop don't give them money but just remember you never know when one of those people are merely an angel in disguise

Posted by: hCDJW ()
Date: March 03, 2016 11:45PM

I will happily give $2 or buy a beer for the person who says he needs a beer and is honest with me as to why he/she needs the cash.

I was there, I needed that $2 one day....so paid it forward.

Posted by: vCKnJ ()
Date: March 04, 2016 08:09AM

vCKnJ

Posted by: Nicdoot ()
Date: March 04, 2016 11:51AM

I'm not sure if it is illegal but I did see on the crime blog that someone called in a panhandler and they received a citation and were told to leave.

Posted by: Frunkus ()
Date: March 04, 2016 12:56PM

NPR radio = National Panhandler Radio

Posted by: kenlawale ()
Date: July 05, 2016 04:10AM

500$ to 800$ dollars a day!!! Are you fucking serious?!?! Stop spreading lies! I live in Fairfax county, and I used to be homeless, I'm disabled and sometimes have to panhandle to make ends meet. I'm lucky if I even make 50$. If panhandling was that lucrative people would start quitting their jobs. Use common sense, nobody makes that kind of money begging! If they did a lot of their problems would be solved!

Posted by: Supporter ()
Date: July 05, 2016 04:31AM

Scum Bag Wrote:
> Scum bags? how about a little humility. Until you
> have an addiction or choose to practice a little
> humility and put yourself in a desperate humans
> shoes keep your bigoted comments to yourself. not
> everyone is born with a silver spoon in their ass.

I will never put myself in a drug addict's shoes, ever; nor was I born with a silver spoon up my ass as you put it. They are homeless because they spend their money on drugs or alcohol. I have absolutely ZERO sympathy for them. Their desperate because of the choices they made in life...why should I need humility for that?
Dumbass

Posted by: metalhead ()
Date: July 05, 2016 08:18AM

The guys who regularly panhandle at the stringfellow rd/fair lakes blvd area are complete scammers. That middle aged white male who rides the moped is nasty too. He regularly gives police a hard time when asked to leave. The obese guy isn't much nicer either...
I talked to a Fairfax County cop about this issue and he was frustrated because the county is unclear about the issue. A lot of times the cops have to enforce Jaywalking laws in order to do something about them.
Panhandling is legal in Arlington county.
Panhandling is illegal in PG County and Loudoun county.

Posted by: Judge Jewey ()
Date: July 05, 2016 09:37AM

Loudoun used to have a nigger brigade that would descend on intersections and just pound the stopped motorists incessantly for cash. They were quite aggressive. They had day-glo vests with "church" written on the front and back. Church my ass. Those niggas were just just enriching themselves.

That was the last straw for Loudoun. I'm sure those jigs are in Fairfax now.

Posted by: Common Sense2 ()
Date: July 05, 2016 04:02PM

Supporter Wrote:
>
>
> I will never put myself in a drug addict's shoes,
> ever; nor was I born with a silver spoon up my ass
> as you put it. They are homeless because they
> spend their money on drugs or alcohol. I have
> absolutely ZERO sympathy for them. Their desperate
> because of the choices they made in life...why
> should I need humility for that?
> Dumbass

^^ This. They will never get a dime from me.

Posted by: Harry Balz ()
Date: July 05, 2016 04:39PM

What gets me (besides the panhandling) is that if I work anywhere within the VDOT right of way I am required to put out signs, wear a bright colored vest, hard hat, steel toe boots. Oh, and have a permit to work in the right of way. But these losers get to hang around in the right of way holding signs, approach vehicles, yell at people, etc. I've yet to see one of them wearing an orange vest or put out signs on both approaches that say, "Panhandler Ahead". Seems to me the fact that they are in the VDOT right of way without a permit or safety gear would be enough to induce the police to get rid of them.

Posted by: 098junojih ()
Date: July 05, 2016 05:42PM

It is illegal Wrote:
> It is illegal. I found out a few weeks ago. I
> had my kids's basketball team at an intersection
> on various corners with signs that said help us
> get to nationals. We were not harassing people
> just had a bucket and sign. An hour into our
> fundraising efforts a cop came by and said 3
> different people had reported us. WTF? He said I
> feel bad because I have been watching you guys
> from the school and I can see you are not
> obstructing taffic and you aren't shouting but in
> FFX you have to have a permit to conduct any
> business near a roadway. Who knew panhandling was
> a business. He suggested we hold up a sign that
> said turn into the school to give us money. This
> would be ok. How many people do you know that
> will turn in based on a sign? All these people
> bitch and moan about how kids are menaces to
> society anymore and when they are raising money
> for something good that they are doing that keeps
> them out of trouble they're reported to the
> police. Crazy. So we came down to the City of
> Alexandria and cops drove by and donated to their
> team. LMAO!!! I am sure it is frowned upon there
> too but since they weren't hurting anybody nobody
> cared.

Why should I have to pay for your kid to do something? If your kid wants to travel to play sports, why shouldn't your kid pay for the plane ticket? Or why shouldn't you pay for your kid's plane ticket.

Or maybe your kid could get a job mowing lawns and make some money to pay for his ticket?

Posted by: Ava L. ()
Date: August 03, 2016 11:08PM

Panhandling should be illegal everywhere!!! They harass you and they are bunch of losers. Why can't they work to earn money? They are looking for an easy way to make money. They look disgusting on purpose so that people will think that they are truly poor people who need help. I think they are all scammers, drug addicts, and full of shit! I was approached by this overweight bitch one day at Walmart parking lot in Chantilly and she cussed at me because I didn't give her any money! What a rude bitch! I could've punched her out right then. I was so dumb-founded and pissed!

I've noticed that there are lot of panhandlers at that location. I realty wish they could be stopped harassing people!!!

Posted by: Chuck U Farley ()
Date: August 03, 2016 11:41PM

In Fairfax County you can call the police when you see them and the Police will come out and write them up/chase them away.

The overweight white guy at Stringfellow and Fair Lakes Blvd, I've seen him walk into the Walmart parking lot and get into his SUV and drive home after he's done.

The skanky white lady who does it in Chantilly, I saw her walk thru the mall parking lot, past the KFC and the Noodles and Co. and get into her car and drive away.

All of these people live in other counties, and drive up here to panhandle because people up here have money and are dumb enough to hand it over.

The gypsies that do it with 'their family' in Fair Lakes Shopping Center are back now too.

Do everyone a favor and call the cops every time you see these scammers.

Then give your extra cash to a local homeless shelter if you want to feel like you are doing something.

Posted by: Mike smith ()
Date: August 03, 2016 11:49PM

There's always a couple panhandlers off metrotech dr in chantilly by Taco Bell and 7-11

Posted by: Faith Hill ()
Date: August 03, 2016 11:51PM

Fuck all those who are on streets begging for other peoples' hard-earned money!!! I will never give you a dime! I work my ass off for every cent that I make. You all should be ashamed of yourselves! Aren't you guys embarrassed to be out in streets where everyone could see what you are doing? What the hell is wrong with you all? Holding signs that say that you are a veteran or other shit so people might actually feel sorry for you and hand you some money! I've seen too many of you but I have never given you any money and I will never give you any money! Please do yourselves a huge favor and do something worth for your life other than holding s stupid signs and looking for an easy cash!

I totally 100% agree that panhandling should be illegal and those who get caught doing it, should be fined and if they continue to do so, should be sent away to Iraq or any middle eastern countries!!!!

Posted by: Plastic Jesus ()
Date: August 04, 2016 12:39AM

Faith Hill Wrote:
> Fuck all those who are on streets begging for
> other peoples' hard-earned money!!! I will never
> give you a dime! I work my ass off for every cent
> that I make. You all should be ashamed of
> yourselves! Aren't you guys embarrassed to be out
> in streets where everyone could see what you are
> doing? What the hell is wrong with you all?
> Holding signs that say that you are a veteran or
> other shit so people might actually feel sorry for
> you and hand you some money! I've seen too many
> of you but I have never given you any money and I
> will never give you any money! Please do
> yourselves a huge favor and do something worth for
> your life other than holding s stupid signs and
> looking for an easy cash!
>
> I totally 100% agree that panhandling should be
> illegal and those who get caught doing it, should
> be fined and if they continue to do so, should be
> sent away to Iraq or any middle eastern
> countries!!!!

Thanks for your republican Christian response. Jesus would be proud of you.

Posted by: sadek zouaimia ()
Date: January 07, 2017 10:15AM

this is utter nonsense many panhandlers are disfortunate people that are just trying to score a buck so that their entire day doesn't turn to hell. 500-800 dollars are u serious. by my measure even the most skilled and craftiest of panhandlers can't make that much money like the top of the pyramid handlers. People generally call it begging and beggers get what's given to them nothing more nothing less. have a heart for more than yourself sometimes a panhandles operation will land someone some food, alcohol, drug, etc but anyways a man isn't judged by his wallet size but the size of his heart. We are fortunate to live in such a prosperous society and giving to someone in need at the bottom of the bottom isn't even a real debate it is almost instinctive to help someone. Does the fireman say I don't like this poor person house so I'm not gonna put it out than help the rich person house because it is more valuable. No money is money and giving is a form of charity. It comes from the heart. Give freely because what u do will help others and what we call that is looking out for the general good and welfare of society. Just putting my 2 cents in anyways beggers don't or aren't marganilizing ur life, they are generally 99% chance the ones with the marginalized lifestyle. If it were fiction we all would be engaging in panhandling operations, Right?

Posted by: Jon scum ()
Date: March 22, 2017 05:16PM

Your a privileged white asshole go eat a dick iam not scum just turn to survive

Posted by: Panhandler Here ()
Date: April 16, 2017 09:38AM

Dear God, please stop this INSANITY with outrageous amounts of $ that panhandlers allegedly make. Just stop it. I personally have been homeless for over a year and have spent way too much time in shelters around "career" panhandlers...The most dedicated seasoned sign holder never collected anywhere NEAR what you quote. And think about it, if panhandlers pulled in that much, who would work? There's so much I could type but please stop the b.s. Your far fetched judgment and assumptions are disgusting. Another note: A panhandler's only need is NOT food, for everyone who offers food and when refused claims "Gotcha! You're not really in need!" How ignorant. They need to keep cell phones on, get hotel rooms, bus fare, car repair, etc, etc, etc. I lived in my car until it conked, couldn't fix it so then lost it. Still homeless working a PT job. Instead of offering me food with assumptions, offer a job.

Date: April 16, 2017 09:44AM

Maybe your high horse ass will lose everything, spiral outta financial control and find your mighty snobby self hunting around for a Sharpie and a piece of cardboard. People like you have the audacity to even be on this board ASSuming details of others' lives simply bcuz your red light stop isn't all flowers and trees, dirt bag.

Date: April 16, 2017 09:52AM

And I'll bet YOU have NEVER given to any homeless shelter, have you? And no, I don't mean your torn, funky jeans you can no longer fit bcuz your belly is so big from eating three squares a day PLUS snacks on account of your FT job that pays you enough to look down on others. Church on Sunday? Oy.

Date: April 16, 2017 09:55AM

Apparently you spend too much time there buying wings and taquitas yourself. (Ever offered up a prayer for them? Instead of reporting on panhandler whereabouts? Fresh, people like you. Go change the world with your paycheck.

Date: April 16, 2017 10:00AM

"Dear God, there's a panhandler asking me for money!!!! Call the police bcuz I'm offended!" How ridiculous. Um, do you call the cops if you think a child is being molested? Aren't there more serious things to plague the police Dept's with? So what, u got asked for money. Go EFF yourself.

Date: April 16, 2017 10:03AM

$500-800/day? Liar, liar, pants on fire!!

Date: April 16, 2017 10:07AM

The gall of you. The "brigade" is your armchair snobbery, your uneducated assumptions and your sheer lack of humility to believe ANYone is beneath you. Maybe one day you'll find yourself in line at a soup kitchen, licking the bowl.

Posted by: 4TTDc ()
Date: April 16, 2017 10:29AM

stp9872359281709435 Wrote:
> squattheplanet.org. They have a whole section
> dedicated to which cities and states are friendly
> to fly a sign in. Interestingly enough, in
> Florida it is illegal to give a homeless person
> food.

Apparently Florida is a difficult place to sleep in your car at night. They make it so you have to park at a hotel etc. I guess otherwise a lot of people would just move there and live in their cars.

Posted by: Count Von Bismark ()
Date: April 16, 2017 12:52PM

Panhandler Here Wrote:
> $500-800/day? Liar, liar, pants on fire!!

If the traffic light changes every three minutes and you get $10 total every cycle
that would be $200 an hour. $500 a day is not out of the question if they stay there for several hours.

Posted by: Asshole with half a brain ()
Date: June 07, 2017 06:32AM

1) So Monday about 5pm, I pulled up to the traffic light at Beulah & Rt 7. No surprise, next to me on the median, the same blonde skank frequently featured in the pages, soliciting donations. Fuck off gypsy bitch, I'm thinking and she walks down the median.

Meanwhile, out on west bound Rt 7,, there, on THAT median, is gypsy skank's inbred brother-son, also patrolling for donations.

Wait! What? There, waiting in the left turn lane, sits an unmarked FPD suv. Out pops Officer X, who approaches gypsy brother-son, where he apoarently told gypsy Joe to hit the road! Gypsy Joe grabs his sign, his day bag and his satchel of cash and walks to the end of the median where he had to wait because my side got the green.

What I am still laughing about is that Officer X, in the turn lane toward Beulah, would at the next green, come nut to nose with gypsy Jane, unsuspecting hitting drivers up for crack money!!!

I wished I could have stuck around to watch.

Date: June 10, 2017 01:43PM

Supporter Wrote:
> Scum Bag Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Scum bags? how about a little humility. Until
> you
> > have an addiction or choose to practice a
> little
> > humility and put yourself in a desperate humans
> > shoes keep your bigoted comments to yourself.
> not
> > everyone is born with a silver spoon in their
> ass.
>
>
> I will never put myself in a drug addict's shoes,
> ever; nor was I born with a silver spoon up my ass
> as you put it. They are homeless because they
> spend their money on drugs or alcohol. I have
> absolutely ZERO sympathy for them. Their desperate
> because of the choices they made in life...why
> should I need humility for that?
> Dumbass

Agreed.
Since when did all people who work hard and don't do drugs become rich elites? Typical liberal cuck response, blame society for these bums bad life choices...

Date: June 10, 2017 01:46PM

Panhandler Here Wrote:
> Apparently you spend too much time there buying
> wings and taquitas yourself. (Ever offered up a
> prayer for them? Instead of reporting on
> panhandler whereabouts? Fresh, people like you. Go
> change the world with your paycheck.

I love it how u assume all panhandlers are benevolent, and all of us who don't approve of substance abuse are somehow elitists. Why don't u take in these scamming winos?

Posted by: Human Tripod ()
Date: June 10, 2017 05:33PM

They've gotten really aggressive at the Pan Am Shopping Center in Lee Hwy at Nutley. One came up to me not more than 30 seconds after I parked my car. And, they're right at the entrance of the Safeway. I wish Micro Center would move to a safer place!

Posted by: ox ()
Date: June 10, 2017 06:36PM

Give a dog a bone and the dog will beg for it. Take the bone away, the dog will go away. It's a simple lesson. Dogs know it very well. All the dog wants is the marrow. How are you bones and your bone marrow.

Do you want to give what you work and slave for to a lazy person who begs? Would you rather see the dog work for his dinner, breakfast, and lunch?

You decide what you want to do. It's all in your hands.

Will you serve or be served?

How about a life of only service?

What sounds best to you.

Me? I live to serve and I expect nothing.

Then since I am expecting nothing, I'll never be disappointed.

This method has worked for me all my life.

One hand washes the other.

Don't you see? It's all about sharing.

But don't take my toy at the park. My mom and dad worked really hard to get it for me. I won't share it with you. You can't make me and my parents taught me to share very well. No, you can't have my lunch of french fries, hamburger and drink. I worked hard to get it all for myself to eat.

So here is a story I heard , read, or saw.

An old couple went to a restaurant. They bought one single meal. They sat down to eat it. The lady ate first while the man waited.

She had teeth and he did not. So she ate half the meal. He put his teeth in, he had them in his pocket, and he ate the other half.

That's the kind of sharing I like.

They died together in their ancient age, sharing their whole lives together.

They weren't best friends. They weren't even partners.

This couple was an old lady and an old man who read something together, lived all their lives w/ it. They weren't perfect and neither am I.

I just decided I would try, fail, try, fail until I could keep on failing and totally give up.

Why?

No one knows for sure.

And when you discover this, you have found your passion and YOU will never work a day in your life.

So have a nice life.

Get your stick and you handkerchief. Go on out and seek your own fortune.

Is this off topic?

I don't care. I'm done w/ caring.

About everything.

I'd rather be swimming.

Go on w/ your self.

I don't give to beggars. They already have everything they need and if they think they don't, I'll show you a blind man who actually came to my house and hug my blinds. It was no problem for him. He could see fine. See, I hired him to work for me.

So don't tell me about your handicap. Tell me how you are special and then, I'll smile and think, yeah, I'm like that too.

Posted by: ox ()
Date: June 10, 2017 06:40PM

He didn't hug my blinds, he hung them in the house. A house that I own. By the way I love paying taxes. I just ride around admiring all my stuff that my money bought. Everything. And all that junk in the store? I own all that too. I just haven't paid for it yet. But all of it is mine, whenever I want it, I'll just go and get it.

Or not.

Posted by: Korean War Veteran ()
Date: June 11, 2017 11:15PM

Gypsies, tramps and thieves: all of 'em.

Bullshit.

Good riddance.

Try to hit 'em with your car.

Watch how fast they move.

They'll protect that godammed donation bag though!

Fakes, posers and cons.

If you give anything to them, you are, without question, the lowest form of perambulating IDIOT.

Dumb suckers!

Posted by: Frog Walker1 ()
Date: June 12, 2017 06:24AM

I find it odd that this thread hasn't been racialized.

Is that because stupid white people are the only jackasses who prostitution their countenance on median strips?

==========
==========

It's nice to be impotent, but it's more impotent to be nice. - Dr. Ruth on manners

Ignoring juvenile attacks and remarks on the internet for over two days.

Arguing by deflection or name-calling is an admission that you don't have a large instrument.

Date: September 22, 2017 01:52PM

Was Jesus a thief? Jesus was a beggar. His apostles were baggers being a bigger is the most holy and noble profession there is. You sir, are a fascist and a communist communist. Someone should report you to the un-American activities department

Date: September 22, 2017 01:55PM

I am not a drug addict or an alcoholic. In fact I never drink. I am a full-time student, and I work full-time, for 11.53 an hour. My girlfriend works for her father for nothing so she can't contribute she is trying to keep his local business afloat and we have to take care of our disabled daughter. Rent alone in Northern Virginia is more than I make at my job so I have to hold a sign up that says hungry student

Posted by: peep ()
Date: September 22, 2017 02:44PM

Bro...

Posted by: peep ()
Date: September 22, 2017 02:45PM

You needed to use two accounts to get one point across?

Posted by: DHUMM ()
Date: September 22, 2017 04:14PM

Michael ballinouclous Wrote:
> I am not a drug addict or an alcoholic. In fact I
> never drink. I am a full-time student, and I work
> full-time, for 11.53 an hour. My girlfriend works
> for her father for nothing so she can't contribute
> she is trying to keep his local business afloat
> and we have to take care of our disabled daughter.
> Rent alone in Northern Virginia is more than I
> make at my job so I have to hold a sign up that
> says hungry student

You make $11.53/hr and your girlfriend works for free and you have a disabled daughter? Your girlfriend needs to get a paying job. It's not her responsibility to keep her dad's business afloat; it's her job to provide for her child.

And buy some condoms so you don't have more children until you are stable.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.