HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Predicting increase in "dating teachers" or FCPS posts for FU after June 13th!
Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: May 23, 2008 01:32PM

Students in Fairfax County are getting an early start to their summer vacations.

The Fairfax County School Board voted Thursday to shorten the academic calendar because extra snow days built into the calendar will not be needed.

The last day of class was supposed to be June 17 for most schools, but officials said school will let out on June 13 instead.

Teachers said they can use the extra days to plan and wrap up the school year.

"Really, we look at them as a way for teachers to be able to fulfill a six-hour training requirement for the state about technology that just came out, about planning for next year and meeting the needs of students at all sorts of levels," said Jay McClean, principal of Bailey's Elementary School for the Arts and Sciences.

The change could force some parents to scramble for child care, but June 16 and 17 were already set to be shortened days.

Few parents at Bailey's were complaining Thursday.

"I'm excited because we're driving cross-country, and I get to start three or four days earlier and spend a little more time with grandma," said parent Trisch Aust.

"I think it's good for the kids, and it gives our teachers time to work," said parent Sofia Arias.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Predicting increase in "dating teachers" or FCPS posts for FU after June 13th!
Posted by: Joan Jett ()
Date: May 23, 2008 02:13PM

You're still a douchebag!

Re: Predicting increase in "dating teachers" or FCPS posts for FU after June 13th!
Date: May 23, 2008 03:06PM

Joan Jett Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You're still a douchebag!

Do you have a limited vocabulary or just an unhealthy mental fixation?

Date: May 23, 2008 03:08PM

Douchebag.

Date: May 23, 2008 03:50PM

Joan Jett Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Douchebag.

I am leaning towards "limited vocabulary."

Date: May 23, 2008 03:53PM

I just want to make sure you know that you're douchebag.

Date: May 23, 2008 04:06PM

Don't forget you started this douchebag thread too!!! Talk to yourself some more...

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.