HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FYI how to get your money back for all the illegal NVTA taxes for the first few months of this year
Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: May 18, 2008 11:38PM

For me this is the vehicle safety inspection, however this can also apply to a bunch of other stuff, link to the pdf at the bottom. I just found out I'm SOL because I don't have my receipt from January for my vehicle inspection.

You have to love how this becomes "unclaimed property of the state" and that you have mail a copy of your drivers license and a receipt to get it back. I wonder how much will become state property because no one will know how to get it back or that it was ever deemed illegal to collect in the first place. Looks like this genius tax to make NOVA roads better will make Richmond roads better. Thieving bastards.

Safety Inspection Fee.
Vendors remit fees collected to NVTA within 30 business days (May 6).
Payments received by NVTA immediately become “unclaimed property”.
NVTA remits fees to State Treasurer within 40 days (May 20). NVTA
anticipates remitting funds to State Treasurer by mid-April.
State Treasurer establishes procedures for claiming property
(www.trs.virginia.gov).

http://www.thenovaauthority.org/refunds.html

http://www.thenovaauthority.org/Documents/2008-04-02%20-%20Refund%20Process%20under%20HB%201578.pdf

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2008 11:57PM by Mofo.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FYI how to get your money back for all the illegal NVTA taxes for the first few months of this year
Posted by: LOLVIRGINIA ()
Date: May 19, 2008 06:10PM

Funny how you have to go out of your way to find out you can claim the money back.

I also think the car tax is a complete joke. I keep my more valuable car back home at my father's house so these crooks won't get anymore of my money. I love hearing how people argue that we need it to sustain so many things, yet can never explain why so many states with much larger infrastructure can manage without it. Sounds like some serious fiscal irresponsibility in the beginning has backed them into the corner of now having no choice but to keep the tax on the books. Such a shame, I would have a much higher liking of this place if they didn't solve all their problems by creating new (and sometimes illegal) taxes.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.