HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Buh-bye, Joe
Posted by: Good or bad ()
Date: July 22, 2012 07:18AM

Penn State is removing the Paterno statue from outside their stadium. I guess this will get the students all riled up and ready to riot again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Buh-bye, Joe
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: July 22, 2012 07:33AM

incredible how that in this country Football is more important to ppl that even ONE little boy's innocent ass. And that's actually a LITERAL interpretation. And that's incredibly sad.

Posted by: NBF ()
Date: July 22, 2012 09:21AM

Exactly right,
Just look at this area..........Every day for the last three months, we've had to see this nigger Robert Griffin's face all over the paper as if Jesus was coming to town.

Posted by: Joe Pa ()
Date: July 22, 2012 11:54AM

The statue had to go. It was symbolic of the criminal and unethical cover-ups.

Odds are that Monday night the NCAA will order the dismantling of Penn State football for at least a year, maybe five. Players will be allowed to transfer without loss of eligibility.

What has received little press are the the B-string people who are angling to fill the voids left when the program is resurected.

Posted by: No Hero Worshiper ()
Date: July 22, 2012 11:56AM

And it's just being put into storage... It should be melted down to a blob of unrecognizable metal and sold for scrap.

Posted by: Lester Burnham ()
Date: July 22, 2012 01:10PM

Joe Pa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The statue had to go. It was symbolic of the
> criminal and unethical cover-ups.
>
> Odds are that Monday night the NCAA will order the
> dismantling of Penn State football for at least a
> year, maybe five. Players will be allowed to
> transfer without loss of eligibility.
>
> What has received little press are the the
> B-string people who are angling to fill the voids
> left when the program is resurected.

A one year suspension for the football program is as good as five - it took SMU 20 years to get back to any level of success when they received the death penalty. However, I would be shocked if the NCAA really went this far and my money is on something like reducing the number of scholarships by 10-15%, no bowl games for 5 years, contributing a major portion of revenue from logo merchandise sales to a victim's charity, and some broad institutional penalties that hit all sports since the fundamental issue has to do with the PSU's leadership abdicating responsibility for the entire fiasco.

While I would not shed any tears if they shuttered the football program, the players are innocent victims in this (unlike SMU when many were taking significant cash payments from boosters) and it also penalizes State College itself.

Posted by: Ringo ()
Date: July 22, 2012 01:31PM

The NCAA is a chickenshit administration. Penn State football will remain unscathed and intact.

Date: July 22, 2012 01:35PM

SMU was a different situation entirely. They really didn't have much of a tradition as a football power. They basically let the boosters run wild and pissed off the more established schools in their conference, which went after them with a vengeance through the NCAA.

Penn State is a traditional powerhouse. Even if it had the death penalty, which it won't, I would think it would bounce back much more quickly than SMU did.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: Lester Burnham ()
Date: July 22, 2012 01:54PM

While I agree that the death penalty for PSU football is highly unlikely, the NCAA is in a tough spot since any penalty that does not have a significant punitive effective is going to be met with anger. Ohio State, for example, cannot participate in a bowl game this year and lost a few scholarships because Jim Tressell was unaware that players were exchanging team merchandise and autographs for tattoos and jewelry. Even if PSU is banned from bowl games for 5 years and loses 10 football scholarships over the same period the outcry that this sets a precedent and does little to prevent similar future incidents will be loud and strong.

Shuttering PSU football for a year would not have the same effect as with SMU, but you effectively need to rebuild a program from scratch, assuming that everyone transfers, and that will take at least 5 years.

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: July 22, 2012 04:49PM

Good or bad Wrote:
> Penn State is removing the Paterno statue from
> outside their stadium. I guess this will get the
> students all riled up and ready to riot again.

What is most shocking to me is the situation got so bad that they moved the stadium to Fairfax County... that was a serious surprise and I'm still reeling.
Attachments:
paterno.jpg

Posted by: hammer time ()
Date: July 22, 2012 04:57PM

No sympathy. Penn State deserves a five year suspension from football at the least. This wasnt one guys criminal acts, it was a system in place that said no matter how serious the offense it will be handled in house. Other teams get suspensions for recruiting violation and what went on here was a hundred times worse.
The fact that McQueary went to his dad and then to Paterno after what he saw proves the system was in place that we dont get the police involved no matter what. IMO McQueary has gotten a free pass on the whole fiasco. He deserves jail time just like the perv Sandusky. He is a grown man and should know better.

Date: July 22, 2012 05:21PM

I'm sure McQueary will be a witness for the prosecution. Doubt they will bring charges. His behavior was pretty pitiful, but he wasn't in a position of authority to cover it up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: what a joke. ()
Date: July 22, 2012 05:36PM

Fuck penn state..I feel bad for anyone going to that shit hole." we are penn state" go fuck yourself.

Posted by: Hammer time ()
Date: July 22, 2012 05:42PM

IMO McQueary is an accessory during and after the fact. He saw first hand what was going on and went to his dad. What the hell is he Beaver Cleaver or a grown man. Who as an adult tells their dad and not the police His thought process reflects the closed atmosphere in Penn State. Keep it in house no matter how bad the offense. Coach Joe will take care of it. I think this is only the tip of the iceberg for what Paterno covered up.

Penn State is first and foremost a learning institution not a football team. They deserve to be punished by suspension of their football program for at least five years. They can get along without it. Let it be a lesson to other NCAA teams this crap wont be tolerated.

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: July 22, 2012 06:18PM

Hammer time Wrote:
> Penn State is first and foremost a learning
> institution not a football team.

You must be new there.

Posted by: hammer time ()
Date: July 22, 2012 06:22PM

Not new just hopeful, but I know when I am beat. Since NCAA football brings in money it will prevail as always. There will be a lot of threats and dont let this happen again BS from NCAA but when all is said and done nothing will change. Which is too bad since a five year suspension might bring some other offenders in line.
Like I previously posted this wasnt a recruiting violation or having someone else take a test for a player it was known sexual assaults on young boys.

Posted by: Franco Harris ()
Date: July 22, 2012 07:50PM

I think they should replace with a statue of Lavar Arrington. A fine example of the superior minds developed in Happy Valley. Is everybody happy?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.