HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Windswept Horse Farm on Braddock Rd. is For Sale
Posted by: Mister Ed ()
Date: July 12, 2012 10:23AM

I guess this was inevitable but saddens me to see this large tract of land go up for sale. Located a few hundred yards before interchange with Fairfax County Parkway on Braddock Road. MegaMansions a coming I guess. All or part of it sure would make a nice park for horse riding. Is this one of the last farms in the county?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Windswept Horse Farm on Braddock Rd. is For Sale
Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: July 12, 2012 10:39AM

Who is supposed to pay for a year-round "horse riding park"?

Posted by: hey rube ()
Date: July 12, 2012 11:06AM

How about "horse riders"? You know: America, capitalism, business opportunity? This concept has already been successfully proved at several Fairfax County golf courses.

Posted by: Section 8 Horses ()
Date: July 12, 2012 12:09PM

hey rube Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How about "horse riders"? You know: America,
> capitalism, business opportunity? This concept has
> already been successfully proved at several
> Fairfax County golf courses.

Except that by any real accounting most don't cover their costs and the rest of us end up subsidizing them forever.

Date: July 12, 2012 12:27PM

Yup, that was my point. Does Windswept let people ride those horses for a fee currently? If they don't (and assuming the current owners take their horses with them), then the OP is proposing taking over the farm AND getting new horses to make available for riding.

Of course if there is a private bidder out there who wants to open the business by buying that much property at Fairfax County rates I have no objection. But we don't need yet another parks bond sale.

Posted by: Sharon Bulova ()
Date: July 12, 2012 01:16PM

I will be putting forth a bond proposal and a modest increase in property tax rates of 25% to buy this property and build affordable housing for upwards of 5,000 undocumented immigrants. This is a wonderful opportunity for the county to increase the supply of affordable luxury housing and reduce the waiting lists for all those poor immigrants who have been exploited by county residents for so many years. Please support me in this effort!

Posted by: jhey ()
Date: July 12, 2012 02:41PM

What a shame. That farm was the glue that held our commmunity together.

I'M A FIVE-STAR MAN!!

Posted by: you're all a bunch of idiots... ()
Date: July 12, 2012 04:36PM

you obviously never had the benefit of doing anything moderately related to horses-WHICH, by the way, does not automatically imply that one is well-off, rich, etc. My father was in the military and we had a large family, no way in hell my parents could afford a horse for me to ride, nor lessons. I worked my ass off doing hard manual labor around horse barns in the late 70s and 80s, working with the horses (and trust me, any kid who can learn to handle 1200 lb animals who can take you out in a second if they wanted to, can then handle themselves in life later on...but, then again, most of the poseurs I see on the website have probably never done an ounce of manual labor in their lives, and the closest "animal" they've been around is either their family pet, or unruly friends...)

This barn was/is privately owned, and was kept by a cooperative arrangement by all the people who kept their horses there. They all pitched in for the cost of hay, feed, utilities, and they took turns with the schedule to maintain the fields, take care of the horses, the barn, etc. You know, management and responsibility, accountability. Oh wait, I forgot the audience I'm addressing....

Posted by: Horsey ()
Date: July 12, 2012 05:03PM

you're all a bunch of idiots... Wrote:
>
> This barn was/is privately owned, and was kept by
> a cooperative arrangement by all the people who
> kept their horses there. They all pitched in for
> the cost of hay, feed, utilities, and they took
> turns with the schedule to maintain the fields,
> take care of the horses, the barn, etc.

Sounds like a solution for those three companies and the Patch editor down in Lorton who need a place to board their horses while the government rebuilds their stables.

Date: July 12, 2012 05:06PM

you're all a bunch of idiots... Wrote:
> you obviously never had the benefit of doing
> anything moderately related to horses-WHICH, by
> the way, does not automatically imply that one is
> well-off, rich, etc.

Whoever buys it needs to cough up money for 41 Fairfax County acres. Whoever buys it is well-off, rich, etc.

Posted by: talia ()
Date: July 12, 2012 05:11PM

Hi I currently board my horse at Windswept Farm and we are being sold out by the by the episcopal diocese of virginia. We were owned by the Church of the Apostles and they had a lawsuit with the diocese.the diocese won and we are being sold without any condisteration for the the 12 horses boarded there.it is the only co-op farm in this area.

Here is the link: http://www.thediocese.net/News/Property_Recovery/

Here is a link about our farm: http://www.thediocese.net/News/Property_Recovery/

Thanks

Posted by: Talia ()
Date: July 12, 2012 05:18PM

Posted by: Jess1 ()
Date: July 12, 2012 05:30PM

"They all pitched in for the cost of hay, feed, utilities, and they took turns with the schedule to maintain the fields, take care of the horses, the barn, etc"

So with that favorable cost structure in place & so many users, it should be easy to step in and offer the seller a reasonable price for the land and facilities, and continue the "farm" as an ongoing business, with rents, services, facilities offered, etc. You know, requiring business skills such as sales, accounting, management, oh wait, I forgot the audience for horse, er, equestrian facilities...

Posted by: The Gay Agenda ()
Date: July 12, 2012 05:33PM

talia Wrote:
> Hi I currently board my horse at Windswept Farm
> and we are being sold out by the episcopal
> diocese of virginia.

Just another unintentional consequence of supporting the gay agenda.

Posted by: talia ()
Date: July 12, 2012 06:07PM

No all I'm saying is that the diocese would rather make a profit than being nice and letting us rent the property. We have no affiliation with either church.

Posted by: Church is for profit ()
Date: July 12, 2012 08:12PM

And they are out to molest little kids.

Posted by: rev wrong ()
Date: July 12, 2012 08:31PM

talia Wrote:
> No all I'm saying is that the diocese would rather
> make a profit

You just learned lesson one in religion, its all about the money

Posted by: More Condos ()
Date: July 12, 2012 10:27PM

I vote to have a 500 unit condo complex built on the land. They should name it "The Stables" in honor of the horse barn. Evan's Farm in McLean should be their inspiration.

Posted by: pave everything ()
Date: July 13, 2012 01:00AM

It borded only 12 horses? Waste of 40 acres if you ask me. Regardless of who owns it that land in this county is worth a few bucks and most anyone would sell. Just like the little old lady out in great falls who owns 400 acres, just a matter of time before she sells it for a fortune.

Posted by: Wake Up Call ()
Date: July 13, 2012 01:17AM

talia Wrote:
> No all I'm saying is that the diocese would rather
> make a profit than being nice and letting us rent
> the property. We have no affiliation with either
> church.

They're sitting on 41 acres of prime real estate in Fairfax County. The tax value alone on the land undeveloped probably approaches $15 - $20 million. Not sure what the tax revenue actually would be given that it's church-owned and 'farm land.' And the sale value to the church to do other worthy things beyond boarding horses would be substantial not to mention the tax value to the county if developed.

As nice as it's been I think that the cold cruel reality of living in this area has finally closed in on you.

Posted by: Guessing ()
Date: July 13, 2012 01:56AM

Can't find this property listed for sale anywhere. Looks like it's only 32 acres, zoned 1 house per 5 acres, and contains a pond, creek, and streams. No sewers, and most of it appears to be protected watershed. Not exactly the best place to try to build six $1M+ houses, but possible.

My guess is that it will sell for $1.4M to $1.8M.

Maybe you can get one of the local youth sports clubs to buy the land and lease half of it back to you while they build athletic fields on the other half. Could be a win-win.

Posted by: Wilbur ()
Date: July 13, 2012 02:46AM

I think Fairfax County should sell off all its parkland and spend the money on improving transportation. If parents have kids who want to play sports let them buy the damn fields.

Date: July 13, 2012 07:10AM

Guessing Wrote:
> Can't find this property listed for sale anywhere.
> Looks like it's only 32 acres

I only say 41 acres because that is what the big "for sale" sign on the property says.

Posted by: Wilbur = ignorant ()
Date: July 13, 2012 08:22AM

No sewer, no sewer nearby. It will need to be developed on Septic-Tank Systems, if developed at all. Minimum 5 acre zoning, but there may not be 6 or 7 septic field areas available (@ one system + 100%"reserve septic field per home). Drainways, creeks, ponds, floodplains, RPA's. They will be lucky if the owner or contract buyer/owner-builder is able to find 5 septic sites on all that acreage. Just IMHO.

Posted by: WWWWWiiiillllbbbbuuuurrrr ()
Date: July 13, 2012 08:42AM

"No sewer, no sewer nearby. It will need to be developed on Septic-Tank Systems, if developed at all. Minimum 5 acre zoning, but there may not be 6 or 7 septic field areas available (@ one system + 100%"reserve septic field per home). Drainways, creeks, ponds, floodplains, RPA's. They will be lucky if the owner or contract buyer/owner-builder is able to find 5 septic sites on all that acreage. Just IMHO"

Hell I say build at least 1 house per acre at 10,000 sq feet each. $3 million houses! hell those rich bastards can hire a truck to haul the shit to the treatment plant.

Posted by: Permanent Pump & Haul is illegal ()
Date: July 13, 2012 08:58AM

^ ^ You don't get it. ^ ^

Posted by: Sharon Bulova ()
Date: July 13, 2012 09:01AM

Screw all of you who are messing with my plan! It WILL be subsidized county housing paid for by you, and named after ME! Bulova Farms has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

Posted by: Zoned Out ()
Date: July 13, 2012 10:02AM

Guessing Wrote:
> Can't find this property listed for sale anywhere.
> Looks like it's only 32 acres, zoned 1 house per
> 5 acres, and contains a pond, creek, and streams.
> No sewers, and most of it appears to be protected
> watershed. Not exactly the best place to try to
> build six $1M+ houses, but possible.
>
> My guess is that it will sell for $1.4M to $1.8M.
>
>
> Maybe you can get one of the local youth sports
> clubs to buy the land and lease half of it back to
> you while they build athletic fields on the other
> half. Could be a win-win.

You're not in Kansas anymore Guess. This is Fairfax County. You need to move that decimal point to the right.

How it's currently zoned and what sewer and utilities it has now all can and will be changed. Most of the rest of the county was the same before they dropped townhouses and WindemereArborvilleOakburdale-style developments all over it. Maybe not right now but it's destined for the same in the not too long future. Unless maybe you can get it designated as preserved in some way.

Date: July 13, 2012 10:31AM

Guessing Wrote:
> My guess is that it will sell for $1.4M to $1.8M.

This is laughable. $35k an acre? In Fairfax County? This will probably go for $100-$200k per acre, possibly more due to proximity to 7100. $5M-$10M is more like it. Zoning will be changed to maximize real estate tax revenue to the County.

Posted by: Wilburforce ()
Date: July 13, 2012 11:00AM

"^ ^ You don't get it. ^ ^'

oh baby you don't get it. payoffs a plenty will be coming and they'll cram as many expensive 10,000 sq. ft. houses as they can on that land. This is Fairfax County baby built on graft.

Posted by: Slow seller ()
Date: July 13, 2012 11:04AM

If you could build houses on the land it would have been sold by now. It has a protected watershed and is mostly woods and hills. The price is less than 2 million also. I hope they just let it stay how it is or do public equestrian facitily. The man who gave it to the church wanted it to stay a horse farm.

Posted by: Wilbur ()
Date: July 13, 2012 11:35AM

Probably been operating as one them farm districts or something to lighten tax burden but now the church smells big bucks

Posted by: Time's up ()
Date: July 13, 2012 12:22PM

Slow seller Wrote:
> If you could build houses on the land it would
> have been sold by now..

Not necessarily. There's a big patch of land, probably 10 - 15 acres that's owned by a small church that sits to one side of it just up the road from me. No issues with respect to watershed, land is cleared, sewer and utilities are right there, etc. The church very much wants to sell most of it.

The only reason that it's not been developed to date, which has been proposed several times, is that the long-time residents of the surrounding neighborhood have been able to push back against it. As the neighborhood largely has turned over now I don't really expect that to last. Next time it comes up for rezoning it likely will be. Unfortunately, just too much value there to let it sit as is.

Posted by: Nighthawk ()
Date: July 13, 2012 01:09PM

The property was sold back in 2001 for $2.5 million to Church of the Apostles.

It's tax assesment was $1.6 million this past year.

Posted by: Wilbur force is an idiot ()
Date: July 13, 2012 03:35PM

^^ You still don't get it ^^ No sewer means no building permits or septic tanks systems (not many will fit there). So just where do you 'think' the sewer line is? where, no where near.. The county is not going to extend sewer to a "NON- sewer shed district, to help a private owner (of any kind).
Now what you say wilbur force? Please be intelligent, not full of bacon.

Posted by: Fairfax Station ()
Date: July 13, 2012 03:44PM

I had a home built on six aces. I had no problems with getting septic or water on my property.

Posted by: glue ()
Date: July 13, 2012 03:55PM

Wilbur force is an idiot Wrote:
> ^^ You still don't get it ^^ No sewer means no
> building permits or septic tanks systems (not many
> will fit there). So just where do you 'think' the
> sewer line is? where, no where near.. The
> county is not going to extend sewer to a "NON-
> sewer shed district, to help a private owner (of
> any kind).
> Now what you say wilbur force? Please be
> intelligent, not full of bacon.

you dont get it. It will be rezoned, sewer and utilitys will go in and a bunch of houses will go up in the 800k range and the county will make a bunch of money off taxes. Get your head out of the septic tank.

Posted by: Hook ups ()
Date: July 13, 2012 04:12PM

Looks like Rt. 123 is the break for the Approved Sewer Service Area.
This property is just outside of that.

Posted by: ^ Glue no Gooo^ ()
Date: July 13, 2012 04:17PM

No sewer...what are you gonna do with da Poo GLUE? sewer from where, get ejamicated.

Yes, 6 acres is easy for one home, I know.

Date: July 13, 2012 08:06PM

glue Wrote:
> you dont get it. It will be rezoned, sewer and
> utilitys will go in and a bunch of houses will go
> up in the 800k range and the county will make a
> bunch of money off taxes. Get your head out of the
> septic tank.

I wonder if any of the above people wonder how sewer service got to their own houses, and if they think approvals for their sewer service existed before the continent was populated.

Posted by: ha ha ha ()
Date: July 13, 2012 08:09PM

Potomac water shed. Look it up.

Posted by: Horse people ()
Date: July 13, 2012 08:47PM

Stop bitching about your rich hobby. You have a horse so you should have a back up plan too. Stop being stupid. Buy a farm or sell your over sized puppy.

Date: July 13, 2012 09:09PM

ha ha ha Wrote:
> Potomac water shed. Look it up.

You aren't telling us anything, the Potomac Watershed is thousands of square miles and includes chunks of four states. There are other properties in the immediate area of the farm, including full neighborhoods and schools just on the other side of 7100. I assume they have toilets, what is magic about this property?

Date: July 13, 2012 09:35PM

^ Glue no Gooo^ Wrote:
> No sewer...what are you gonna do with da Poo GLUE?
> sewer from where, get ejamicated.
>
> Yes, 6 acres is easy for one home, I know.

You think they wont run all major utilitys including sewer lines for a sub division? Have a map of current utilitys to back up your statement that none exist in the area? I wonder what the church that is a few hundred yards away does with their waste? Keep your comment to things you know of.

Posted by: To 'Glue' your mouth ()
Date: July 13, 2012 09:44PM

The Church is on a septic system, due east 2000' or so. No, they won't run sewer 2 miles into a non sewer district for a private owner. Even deep private pockets will not be able to bring in public sewer.

Posted by: Water shed area ()
Date: July 13, 2012 09:49PM

Septic only. Maybe someone who is really wealthy will buy the land. I hope they build just one beautiful home.

Posted by: I agree +1 & then some... ()
Date: July 13, 2012 09:55PM

+1 and, I agree & maintain a "farm like feel" farmett~or so or two. The septic issue vs. Public sewer is correct. He knows, FYI.

Posted by: utility guy ()
Date: July 13, 2012 10:13PM

A sewer line runs right along the property on braddock, look it up ya morons.. it's on the fairfax county map system. Bunch of retards on this thread.

Posted by: Duuude! ()
Date: July 13, 2012 10:35PM

Damn! I've got it!

I'm going to buy the place and start at DUDE RANCH!

- Charge urban posers from DC big bucks to come out to the 'ranch' (conveniently located just outside the Beltway since urban posers can't be away from wireless, etc. for more than 4 hours at a time).

- Have THEM do all of the work to maintain the stables!

- Charge the horse schmucks top dollar since they seem to have no place else to go.

- Rake in the CASH!

It's perfect!

Date: July 13, 2012 10:41PM

To 'Glue' your mouth Wrote:
> The Church is on a septic system, due east 2000'
> or so. No, they won't run sewer 2 miles into a
> non sewer district for a private owner. Even deep
> private pockets will not be able to bring in
> public sewer.

Wonder if the turd looked at the map.lol. Need the map number so you can see that you were wrong? BTW not hard to rezone in FFX, it happens all the time.

Posted by: RotoRootieFreshNFruity ()
Date: July 13, 2012 10:55PM

Up until they changed it this year, Fairfax had a sweet deal for sewer.
You petitioned for a connection and they paid 100% of the primary run. You just paid a connection fee and for the street-to-house run.

Posted by: glue thinks its stuck ()
Date: July 13, 2012 11:21PM

U.G. wrong again, pressure sewer on south side of Braddock is maxed out. You just think you know, so go on buy it...

Posted by: Wilburforce ()
Date: July 14, 2012 05:00AM

"BTW not hard to rezone in FFX, it happens all the time"

I wish some grad student at George Mason would do a dissertation on how often the county government has allowed for rezoning and to whom( legal representation) included) they granted it too over say the last 15 years or so. And the effects those constant rezonings have had on the county over the years. I know most would find it dull reading but it would fascinate me.

forget it Jake it's Chinatown

Posted by: Andrew Roesell ()
Date: August 16, 2012 04:50PM

I have contacted members of the Fairfax County Park Authority Board and asked them to consider using their land acquisition funds for this property. Hopefully, they are both willing and able to do so. It would be nice if a campaign could be put together to raise awareness of this property, in order to preserve it either by fee simple or easement purchase.

Sincerely,

Andrew E. Roesell

talia Wrote:
> Hi I currently board my horse at Windswept Farm
> and we are being sold out by the by the episcopal
> diocese of virginia. We were owned by the Church
> of the Apostles and they had a lawsuit with the
> diocese.the diocese won and we are being sold
> without any condisteration for the the 12 horses
> boarded there.it is the only co-op farm in this
> area.
>
> Here is the link:
> http://www.thediocese.net/News/Property_Recovery/
>
> Here is a link about our farm:
> http://www.thediocese.net/News/Property_Recovery/
>
> Thanks

Posted by: football! ()
Date: August 17, 2012 12:51AM

Andrew Roesell Wrote:
> I have contacted members of the Fairfax County
> Park Authority Board and asked them to consider
> using their land acquisition funds for this
> property. Hopefully, they are both willing and
> able to do so. It would be nice if a campaign
> could be put together to raise awareness of this
> property, in order to preserve it either by fee
> simple or easement purchase.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Andrew E. Roesell
>
>

Excellent! You do realize that FCPA is only interested in revenue-producing properties? Which means the horse fees will have to support it.

Or maybe there is room to build a stadium to complement Patriot Park?

Posted by: Scott ()
Date: August 17, 2012 06:01AM

I do believe Gordon Blvd has sex with barn animals, including male horse cock.

Posted by: Andrew Roesell ()
Date: August 20, 2012 04:58PM

I am skeptical that the FCPA only looks at how it can generate revenue from properties. That probably is very true regarding golf courses, rec centers, and such "active" parks, but I think that they know, and cherish, their role as a guardian of natural properties, too. Sully Woodlands is mainly such a property and it has, what, 2,000 acres now, some of which is under conservation easement. I think they do a good job, and finding ways of making money on events and activities is necessary. There is a balance to that. Charge too much and no one will use it. That's my take.

Posted by: hate to think of it ()
Date: August 20, 2012 05:10PM

I hope the mexicans dont get on the horses. They will start raiding our villages and taking our women.
Attachments:
villa.jpg

Posted by: Fee for Service ()
Date: August 21, 2012 12:41AM

Andrew Roesell Wrote:
> I am skeptical that the FCPA only looks at how it
> can generate revenue from properties. That
> probably is very true regarding golf courses, rec
> centers, and such "active" parks, but I think that
> they know, and cherish, their role as a guardian
> of natural properties, too. Sully Woodlands is
> mainly such a property and it has, what, 2,000
> acres now, some of which is under conservation
> easement. I think they do a good job, and finding
> ways of making money on events and activities is
> necessary. There is a balance to that. Charge
> too much and no one will use it. That's my take.

Sully Woodlands will eventually be a fee-for-access park, similar to Burke Lake, but everyone will pay. The PA staff just paid tens of thousands of dollars just to do a study on what the signs should look like at Sully Woodlands. The PA board was not impressed.

Posted by: stephen ()
Date: August 21, 2012 11:20AM

Should be able to fit lots of tax paying houses there, and give the fairfax government more reason to raise their own saleries.

Date: August 22, 2012 10:17AM

"Fee for Service" you mention that Sully Woodlands "will eventually" have admission charges, but how do you know this? Also, parks like Frying Pan, Huntley Meadows, Ellanor C. Lawrence, and Colvin Run do not charge for routine visits. Besides, Sully Woodlands is so extensive, how could such a charge be collected?

Also, a note to those who post disgusting items: Shame on you!

Sincerely,

Andrew E. Roesell

Posted by: JdyjC ()
Date: January 19, 2014 09:21PM

Wilbur Wrote:
> I think Fairfax County should sell off all its
> parkland and spend the money on improving
> transportation. If parents have kids who want to
> play sports let them buy the damn fields.

There wasn't a transportation problem before half of fucking Iowa moved here. How about we keep the farm and you and everyone else who moved here in the last 20 years go back to milking cows in the mid west?

Posted by: Grace ()
Date: April 21, 2014 08:10PM

Your are crazy Ms. BUlova that's why I never vote for you and I can't believe that you would even propose this....I have no why anyone votes for you. It is always about the poor immigrants with you.

Posted by: Sharon B. ()
Date: April 21, 2014 11:24PM

Grace Wrote:
> Your are crazy Ms. BUlova that's why I never vote
> for you and I can't believe that you would even
> propose this....I have no why anyone votes for
> you. It is always about the poor immigrants with
> you.

I don't need your vote. All my undocumented immigrants and the massive number of Fairfax County employees sucking at the teet of taxpayers are all I need to win election every time. Deal with it.

Date: November 25, 2015 12:23PM

Dear Owner of the Windswept Horse Farm on Braddock Rd.

Please call me at (571) 278-3648.

Thank you,

Mustafa

Posted by: Joke Insurance ()
Date: November 25, 2015 12:52PM

Any updates on this?

Posted by: Yes, Its Still For Sale ()
Date: November 25, 2015 11:23PM

I wish it could be left be. Its a old memory of what Fairfax was like.

Posted by: Sparrow ()
Date: November 26, 2015 10:33AM

The last I heard was that there was going to be a land swap and that the existing Fair Oaks Church on West Ox Road would sell their existing property to a developer in exchange for the property on Braddock Road and build a new bigger church on that property.

The Windswept property is zoned for 1DU/5AC but can be used for a church.

Posted by: Colonel Mustard ()
Date: December 20, 2015 09:45AM

The property has a "SOLD" sign on it. Anyone know what's going there? Another church, perhaps? God knows that stretch of Braddock doesn't have enough churches..

Posted by: Djfnb ()
Date: December 20, 2015 11:54AM

i heard a glue factory bought it.

Posted by: Frunkus ()
Date: December 20, 2015 01:39PM

Colonel Mustard Wrote:
> The property has a "SOLD" sign on it. Anyone know
> what's going there? Another church, perhaps? God
> knows that stretch of Braddock doesn't have enough
> churches..

Either a mattress store, although they probably don't have the zoning for that or more likely another giant, cookie cutter looking McMansion with seldomly seen residents.

Posted by: JC Cooke ()
Date: December 25, 2015 07:46AM

It will be the site of GMU's football stadium.

Posted by: Donald Soros ()
Date: December 26, 2015 09:24AM

Colonel Mustard Wrote:
> The property has a "SOLD" sign on it. Anyone know
> what's going there? Another church, perhaps? God
> knows that stretch of Braddock doesn't have enough
> churches..

You think FFXU has readers who would know anything about large real estate deals? Good one! Thanks for the laugh!

Posted by: Church ()
Date: December 27, 2015 10:29AM

Took about 5 minutes to find the sales information online. It's the new site for this church:

http://www.expectation.church/about

Posted by: Sparrow ()
Date: December 27, 2015 01:33PM

Sparrow Wrote:
> The last I heard was that there was going to be a
> land swap and that the existing Fair Oaks Church
> on West Ox Road would sell their existing property
> to a developer in exchange for the property on
> Braddock Road and build a new bigger church on
> that property.
>
> The Windswept property is zoned for 1DU/5AC but
> can be used for a church.

Told you...

Date: December 27, 2015 06:08PM

I was hoping for a nudist colony instead.

Posted by: Church Overload ()
Date: December 27, 2015 09:32PM

Braddock Road needs another church like Vienna needs another mattress store. Churches are a booming, profitable business around here. Of course, they have no money to help the hungry or homeless! Fucking hupocrites!

Posted by: Church Broker ()
Date: December 29, 2015 09:05AM

What will happen to all these churches when people come to their senses and stopping handing over money to the shysters running them? You gotta wonder if churchgoers are the same moronic Redskins fans that keep handing over their money to the dirty little midget Danny Boy.

Date: March 03, 2017 12:44PM

Nothing there yet. All though the property was sold back in December of 2015:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/11924-Braddock-Rd-Fairfax-VA-22030/51865347_zpid/

Posted by: CEkD9 ()
Date: March 03, 2017 05:27PM

11924 Braddock Rd, Fairfax, VA is a single family home that contains 1,736 sq ft and was built in 1930. It contains 1 bathroom. This home last sold for $4,250,000 in December 2015.

The Zestimate for this house is $1,312,650, which has increased by $3,564 in the last 30 days. The Rent Zestimate for this home is $2,500/mo, which has increased by $174/mo in the last 30 days. The property tax in 2015 was $18,766. The tax assessment in 2015 was $1,681,500.

Posted by: Holy Mortgage Batman ()
Date: March 03, 2017 05:31PM

Holy shit! Where do they get $20,000 per month to pay the mortgage on vacant land?

Posted by: Gerrytarderrer2 ()
Date: March 03, 2017 06:46PM

32 acres: that's over 100 McMansions for greedy out of state developers to build.

Posted by: Rev. Caresmore ()
Date: March 04, 2017 09:32AM

Holy Mortgage Batman Wrote:
> Holy shit! Where do they get $20,000 per month to
> pay the mortgage on vacant land?

Braindead zombie churchgoers want to be led, and are easily manipulated. Getting their money is like taking candy from a child!

Posted by: Land Developer ()
Date: March 04, 2017 12:40PM

I am a wealthy land developer and I have great news! The site has been rezoned for commercial use. I am pleased to announce that we will be breaking ground on a large Arthur Treacher's on this site! The community is very excited about this. What a better way to bring people together than amazing fish and chips and a great price.

Posted by: Prophet Proffitt ()
Date: March 04, 2017 06:47PM

Rev. Caresmore Wrote:
> Holy Mortgage Batman Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Holy shit! Where do they get $20,000 per month
> to
> > pay the mortgage on vacant land?
>
>
> Braindead zombie churchgoers want to be led, and
> are easily manipulated. Getting their money is
> like taking candy from a child!

There's a reason we refer to our customers as a "flock of sheep".

Posted by: Horsey says neigh neigh! ()
Date: March 04, 2017 07:00PM

Not to worry... Horse people are such a bunch of pompous asses anyway.

Date: March 04, 2017 11:02PM

Gerrytarderrer2 Wrote:
> 32 acres: that's over 100 McMansions for greedy
> out of state developers to build.

Sauce?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.