HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
springfield town center
Posted by: burkeresident ()
Date: July 07, 2012 02:03AM

why when I goto springfieldmall.com the drafted photos seem like the new mall would be enclosed and not an open mall like planned?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: springfield town center
Posted by: nadaa ()
Date: July 07, 2012 06:21AM

None of the concept images show any minorities/diversity that is the reality of the area either.

Posted by: pretty_pictures ()
Date: July 07, 2012 06:25AM

Posted by: Drawings Left out ()
Date: July 07, 2012 07:45AM

Speaking of the area's diversity, where are the sketches of thug gangs robbing and raping mall visitors?

Posted by: Observer of Things ()
Date: July 07, 2012 09:41AM

OP: very interesting. The latest sketches look nothing like the old ones. And I have the same question as you. Weren't they following some idea of an outdoor shopping plaza idea?

Not that it matters, given the demographics of the area it will still be a collection spot for trashy, low class people. A vile mix of white trash, black trash, and brown trash. A retail version of the Insane Clown Posse.

I give it 2 years until it reaches its former shithole status. First murder, too, I bet.

Posted by: Awesome! ()
Date: July 07, 2012 02:53PM

I cant wait to shop at "Anchor Store" and watch "Sound" at "Theater"!

In all seriousness, it looks like a lot of lipstick on a pig. It will resemble the so-called face-lift done at Potomac Mills several years ago. You can tell that Vornado isn't going to take on the expense of leveling the mall and re-building an outdoor town center. It's just going to be a lot of lipstick.

Posted by: ActualMemberofSociety ()
Date: July 07, 2012 03:27PM

There will be parts that are indoor, and parts that are outdoor. The master plan is available on Vornado's website. In general the footprint of the mall will be reduced (the indoor portion), the rest of the plan includes a few 15 story office buildings, a lot of mid rise residential condos/apartments.

Vornado isn't the "lipstick on pig" type. You can look at their work in NYC and figure that out quite quickly. They saw an area with affluence (over 6 figure salaries), a fairly easy to get to location with both metro and multiple high way access and decided it is a good location for mixed use.

I would agree, there is no reason why this project wouldn't be a success. Your analysis is clearly one of a retard, likely you have never developed anything in your life except for a 3rd grade literacy level, kudos for that.

Posted by: LastPost ()
Date: July 07, 2012 03:30PM

The last post was directed at the idiot who thinks Springfield has to be doomed to slum land and doesn't realize that location means everything (not the OP), hence why Eastern Market and the DC Waterfront are one of the strongest locations for real estate in the country let alone this region.

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: July 07, 2012 04:16PM

Boy I can't wait. I need a new anchor so bad!

Posted by: Surrounded by barrio and ghetto trash ()
Date: July 07, 2012 05:12PM

Haha. Fuck you, ActualMemberofSociety Supervisor McKay.

Date: July 07, 2012 05:16PM

I don't even know who Supervisor McKay is, but if you think dumbass supervisors are the reason why an area gets fixed, then you are dumber than the piece of shit racist I thought you were. Us with money will fix it, you without money stay the fuck out of our way and go move to dumbass loudoun or the boondocks then complain when we get rich because we had the balls to see past the present to what the future can be.

Fucktard, choke on a cows dick you hillybilly

Posted by: Non Member of Society ()
Date: July 07, 2012 06:02PM

Pissing contest about a mall? boys....
The mall will never be completed.

"this is the end my friend"

Turn on, drop out, make love, and enjoy the final sunsets

Posted by: Pulled a Fast One ()
Date: July 07, 2012 06:14PM

They changed the plans. No longer very optimistic that the master plan will actually take place or revitalize the area. The new plans are an improvement, but certainly not what was expected!

THE FIRST PHASE, which is expected to take two years, includes construction of one central entrance instead of multiple entrances, and the addition of a state-of-the-art movie theater and food court.

Later phases of the renovation-–expected to take about 10 to 15 years-–will complete the town center look, with a mix of upscale retail and commercial development, a 225-room hotel, pedestrian plazas, recreational facilities, 2,000 residential units and transportation improvements.

Posted by: Fr. Hurley Blvd. ()
Date: July 07, 2012 06:22PM

Everybody calm down and go cool off with an Orange Julius. Oh wait...never mind.

Posted by: Siege ()
Date: July 07, 2012 07:37PM

....and people will end up stabbed there again most likely.

Posted by: CrabbyNative ()
Date: July 07, 2012 09:28PM

Maybe they'll bring back A&W!

For all you crime-phobes I offer you this....two of my caucasian teachers in high school were busted for soliciting a young man in the mens room at Springfield Mall.
This was over 30 years ago. Point is, that Mall always had it's sleazy characteristics. A new town center for that part of the county seems like an improvement in my mind. For all you bashers, why not go there and be part of the
"higher class" you see yourself as and outnumber the thugs you are so afraid of.

Posted by: Timeout2 ()
Date: July 07, 2012 09:40PM

As long as they have two Timeouts, allwill be well.

Posted by: amentothat ()
Date: July 07, 2012 09:53PM

+1000 Crabby

People on this forum are so quick to judge an area, but most dont live there nor know what the hell they are talking about. This area is forgotten and stagnated, which is why it is run down. Some new investment is just what it needed and some buy in from people who think they are too good for it.

Posted by: Put your money.... ()
Date: July 07, 2012 10:02PM

CrabbyNative Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe they'll bring back A&W!
>
> For all you crime-phobes I offer you this....two
> of my caucasian teachers in high school were
> busted for soliciting a young man in the mens room
> at Springfield Mall.
> This was over 30 years ago. Point is, that Mall
> always had it's sleazy characteristics. A new
> town center for that part of the county seems like
> an improvement in my mind. For all you bashers,
> why not go there and be part of the
> "higher class" you see yourself as and outnumber
> the thugs you are so afraid of.

Ok Crabby, when are you moving out there? When are you putting your koney where your mouth is? No way you'll be investing in that area and you'll still be on here telling others to give it a chance.

Posted by: Springfield N8tve ()
Date: July 07, 2012 10:25PM

Crabby-spoken like someone who has never lived in Springfield. Let me guess, you would come in to go to the mall, Toys R Us or whatever else, but then you would leave to go home to mommy and daddy. Then daddy and mommy tell you it's bad in springfield and how the mall is a bad place to be, so they don't let you go, so you don't. Then, years later, when you can make a difference by buying property near themall, you don't, not even Kingstowne. You stay outside the area scraming to others to move in and outnumber the thugs, yet you will never, ever do that yourself.

Posted by: Daddy Crabby ()
Date: July 07, 2012 10:48PM

Springfield N8tve Wrote:
> Crabby-spoken like someone who has never lived in
> Springfield. Let me guess, you would come in to
> go to the mall, Toys R Us or whatever else, but
> then you would leave to go home to mommy and
> daddy. Then daddy and mommy tell you it's bad in
> springfield and how the mall is a bad place to be,
> so they don't let you go, so you don't. Then,
> years later, when you can make a difference by
> buying property near themall, you don't, not even
> Kingstowne. You stay outside the area scraming to
> others to move in and outnumber the thugs, yet you
> will never, ever do that yourself.

This guy is the same type person who screamed about Pan Am Shopping Center yet would never do anything to help. A brave "native" who will never engage in being part of the solution.

Posted by: Surrounded by barrio and ghetto trash ()
Date: July 07, 2012 11:00PM

Haha, ActualMemberofSociety Supervisor McKay. Cut a litte close to the bone, huh? Fuck you, McKay. Springfield is a slum and it's getting worse. A 21st century retail Potemkin village isn't exactly going to fix what ails the greater Springfield area.

Keep on whitewashing though, LOL.

Posted by: Commie Crabby ()
Date: July 07, 2012 11:19PM

Crabby Native is the typical Northern Virginia Liberal. The problem isn't the thugs, it's you! White people do crimes too! You need to move there and that will solve the problem! Meanwhile they will never do anything to actaully adress a problem personally. They continue to stay in their white enclaves and make themselves feel better saying they make a difference.

Posted by: gmtfoh ()
Date: July 08, 2012 03:58AM

I remember when the depot, worst buy, apts, were built on Frontier. The area was decent it took about a decade for the area to decline (metro). Unless rent and propery values skyrocket, the general area will always be and eyesore.

Posted by: Just dropping bye ()
Date: July 08, 2012 06:55AM

boys, boys boys....girls whatever
Men do not go to malls. Only teenagers,women with children, and the elderly.
The mall will not be completed.
Complaining about crime due to immigration. Imagine what the original Native Americans were discussing when the smelly, dirty white people arrived a few years back.

Posted by: CrabbyNative ()
Date: July 08, 2012 08:26AM

Interesting responses. I happen to live in Springfield and I've lived through the changes in this area firsthand for over 40 years. The point here is that all I see on this board is bitching about things that can't be changed by posting on forums like this. Do something about the problem instead of hiding on a forum and complaining. If you don't want to frequent the new proposed town center because you perceive there will be crime issues that's your prerogative. At the same time you've already given up without a fight. Why not go there when/if its built and see how it plays out instead of assuming it will be another dump which the old mall became.

Date: July 08, 2012 08:48AM

I still don't give a fuck about Supervisor McKay, you clearly are some dumbass with an issue with that BoS member, go write a letter or call them. I care about bringing an actual commercial space along with properly located residential high density to a region which already has infrastructure and doesnt need the public investment that Tysons does.

You know metro? The thing that didnt bring crime to ANY other metro station in Virginia except for S-F and yet is called out as being the source of crime. For your information fucktard, if you can read, look up the story of the woman who was abducted from Springfield mall which essentially was the nail in the coffin. She was abducted by two people from Woodbridge, BY THEIR CARS, driven down to PWC to be held by ransom, and ended up getting into a car accident which killed her.

NONE OF THAT has to do with metro. WHy would someone use metro to steal or commit other crimes? Being on foot is a really quick way of being caught, and its not even like the metro is ANYWHERE near the mall, it takes about 15 minutes of fast walking and a crossing of a 14 lane interchange, then another 5 minute walk with no cover from police, to finally get to the parking garage and take the metro.

By your logic, the mixing bowl is far more likely to have "caused crime" because almost all of the crimes were happening by vehicle drives. But then again you are an idiot who thinks that crime is caused by 1 issue, derrrr I mean put the po-lice in the metro station derrrrrr. Crime isn't that fuckin simply you fucktard, lighting, patrol spacing due to concentrated vs non-concentrated locations, gang territories, socioeconomics, all are causes.

Posted by: Fu ()
Date: July 08, 2012 09:05AM

Wow, so because there was one case that didn't involve Metro that means Metro isn't the source criminals use to take them to their target. Don't think so. As someone who has a good knowledge of crime in the Springfield area I can tell you many of the criminals in the Springfield area use Metro to get out of the area. I'd venture to say 90% of the thieves who flee from the mall were seen heading towards Metro.
As far as it taking 20 plus minutes to get to Metro? Haha. I can do it in 5 tops and I'm fat and overweight. As for crossing a 14 lane interchange, WTF are you referring to? Frontier Dr goes under 7900. You only need to cross 1 4-5 lane street, the on-ramp and off-ramp from 7900 and your on Metro. The longest part of your trip from the mall to the train is waiting for a train, if you don't time it right.
Metro IS the source of crime for this area.

Posted by: Hay Zeus ()
Date: July 08, 2012 09:09AM

pretty_pictures Wrote:
> http://www.connectionnewspapers.com/news/2012/may/
> 17/springfield-mall-eyesore-shopping-mecca/
>
I see chipotle lurking in the background, the future is now!

Posted by: hoser ()
Date: July 08, 2012 09:14AM

"a fairly easy to get to location with both metro and multiple high way access and decided it is a good location for mixed use."

The first part of the sentence is the exact reason criminals choose an area to do their dirty deeds in. Get in and get out, have multiple travel routes/options.

Date: July 08, 2012 09:39AM

Explain to me why you dont see that kind of crime anywhere near Arlington, West Falls Church, Vienna fucktard

Causality. The area is shitty because it has been run down and forgotten. It has weak patrols at best, bad lighting, and lots of hidden places in parking garages etc that were prime for criminals. A criminal would never steal something and then rely on hitting timing on the BLUE LINE (which is notoriously late) to get away. The crimes were happening in the mall, in the parking garages, etc. You are just a fuckin racist that thinks seeing black people at the metro station means they are criminals.

If you dont like metro, move to fuckin Prince William, the haven of crime free life. PS notice a trend in crime coming out of Prince William? BUT WAIT! THERES NO METRO THERE< DERRRRR HOW CAN THERE BE CRIME WITHOUT METROS?

Fucking moron, go learn something and think instead of being a backward ass, 1950s reagan boner sucking freak

Date: July 08, 2012 09:41AM

and 5 minutes?

Bullshit dumbass, its 2 miles from the Macy's entrance (closest to metro) to the actual trains. And even though 7100 goes over frontier drive, there is about a 200' swath of right of way, which would be very easy for a police officer to make a stop if someone was on foot. No criminal would rob from the mall and "head towards" the metro like you said when it would make much more sense to park in a 14000 space parking garage/surface area and stay inconspicuous.

Posted by: Observer of Morons ()
Date: July 08, 2012 09:47AM

This guy is so drunk on the Kool-Aid, it's pathetic.

What was it that LBJ said about trying to put a shine on shit?

ActualMemberofSociety, failed polisher of turds. It's Springfield, man. Springfield. Have you taken a look around the area?

Posted by: White Conscious ()
Date: July 08, 2012 11:07AM

"I live in Springfield". Yeh, sure. Fair Oaks area of Springfield? Burke area of Springfield? Easy to say you live in Springfield without any specificity. If you do indeed live in Springfield than you should be leading urban renewal from within.

Date: July 08, 2012 11:17AM

Its eastern market man, you cant polish a turd

Its South Arlington man, you cant polish a turd

Its Columbia Heights man, you cant polish a turd

What a fucking idiot. Its not polishing a turd if you incorporate rezonings, private investment, and location. The location is undeniable, inside the beltway 15 minutes into the city from this part of springfield, multiple transportation options. This is how land development works when you have a county who is willing to let go of the past and allow redevelopment. This area keeps getting more people moving here because of the good jobs market, that will continue. Because of that we can either watch loudoun and PWC keep outpacing Fairfax in residents and growth in ways that cause traffic on Fairfax streets, or we could find ways to incorporate new developments where we already have infrastructure.

The money is there, if someone has the balls. Vornado bought this property after the mall had already turned into an official piece of shit because of its location and the surrounding regions of Burke/Springfield/Lorton which have fairly affluent residents. Return the area to being safe with better lighting, more police concentration, better land use that brings back the white folk who have been running away and now realize they went to far away, and the area can be a success in a decade.

I work in land development, this is the process, and people like you are the reason why an area stays shitty because they stereotype it as "never gonna get better" even though empirically there are thousands of cases of regions which fall to disrepair becoming good redevelopment opportunities to turn it around. I have no doubt that by 2025 springfield will be back to being a solid location to live, and it has NOTHING to do with some mall, and everything to do with new redevelopment of condominiums, office buildings, and walkable design.

Posted by: Non Member Of Society ()
Date: July 08, 2012 11:36AM

Land Development?
The Mall will not be completed
Actually there isn't anything wrong with Springfield, or the entire region that a 8.0 magnitude earthquake will not resolve.

Sometimes less is more

Shake, rattle, and roll

Posted by: MapQuest It ()
Date: July 08, 2012 11:37AM

ActualMemberofSociety Wrote:

> The location is undeniable, inside the
> beltway...

Really? Did they move it? :)

> I work in land development...

Might want to look at a map sometime then. lol

Posted by: Don't give up ()
Date: July 08, 2012 12:09PM

ActualMemberofSociety is correct. There is no reason that this area cannot be restored and revitalized. I am a person who lives in West Springfield and I certainly did go to the mall during its heyday. It was much more convenient for me than Landmark, Tysons or going to PW County which only has a discount mall. There are plenty of people who have money, but don't have time or feel comfortable driving to other venues. In recent years I have done a lot more online shopping, but if there were quality stores in a mall just down the road, I would definitely enjoy looking there (especially as I age and will have more time for outings with friends, but not necessarily like to drive more). If the space is safe and enjoyable, yes, I will go there and spend money. I grew up in the 60's and 70's and have great memories of shopping in a downtown center with my mother, sisters, and friends. I am optimistic that the space can be made safe for women like me---in their 50's, 60's, and 70's. We will have some disposable income and would like to have a place like this just to enjoy time with friends as well as shop. I am confident that this can happen. I am glad that some people are not the type to give up on making this a better place. Thank you.

Posted by: An Actual Member of High Society ()
Date: July 08, 2012 02:24PM

Interesting topic and I'm interested to see what actually happens to the mall property over the next few years. It's not something into which I'd invest any money.

The supposed "land developer" seems upset that local residents have fairly reasonable doubts. I take it that you have money invested in the mall project or slated for a project dependent upon the success of Springfield Mall's quasi-renovation?

I'd recommend that instead of running your increasingly foul mouth on an internet forum, that you focus your energy on your project and consider that the local doubters might actually reflect sentiment in the area. That is a variable that you should not overlook. There's more to commercial success than median household incomes within a given radius.

The fact that the deceased (but not terminally-so) mall had such a police presence and given the fact that the nearest police precinct's blotter consistently demonstrates that the Springfield area is one of the top two worst areas in the county might give you pause.

Date: July 08, 2012 02:47PM

I have no interest in Springfield except that I grew up right next to it for 2 decades. My work is federal now and days, I worked in land development for a decade but changed paths after the crash.

Why should residents be worried? There are NO public funds going towards this project. All of the infrastructure is already in place. This is private development which will help likely rid the blight that has gripped the area around the mall through the 2000s (after the mixing bowl). It will add new units without removing a single household or rental unit, thereby supplying more units to the market which should keep the increase in value stable for rents. Most importantly, the region will finally get some commercial use, beyond just retail/hotel and hopefully land a few major defense/IT contractors over the next decade with its very close proximity to the Pentagon via metro and by car.

These are all factors that are going to improve that area, I wouldnt have cursed if it werent for the racist bigotted people that typically run their mouth about areas that are much more complicated than "dc hood rats are coming there by metro". There is no evidence that any "DC" folk were coming to Springfield mall, last I checked a lot of people in DC are doing a hell of a lot better than a lot of people in places like Woodbridge, Manassas, and yes Route 1 fairfax.

Posted by: Iron Maiden ()
Date: July 09, 2012 11:31PM

WTF is this, Comedy Central???? all the ignorant and moronic comments make me laugh

Posted by: pedro sez ()
Date: July 09, 2012 11:44PM

I fixed the artist rendering of what it will look like, there thats more like it
Attachments:
mstitle.jpg

Posted by: confused x5 ()
Date: July 09, 2012 11:49PM

Nice drawing. Everyone is fit and trim. Where are all the fat shits, mexicans and loser mall rats?
Attachments:
B0516-236_t670.jpg

Posted by: Greek ()
Date: July 11, 2012 12:33AM

I give it two years before the niggers and mexicans destroy it.

Posted by: Silent Crab ()
Date: July 11, 2012 12:35AM

Crabby native went silent, must have used up all their white conscious on their earlier posts.

Posted by: So very typical ()
Date: July 24, 2012 02:51PM

Silent Crab Wrote:
> Crabby native went silent, must have used up all
> their white conscious on their earlier posts.

Screaming at others to make change then walking away without actually making an argument. Middle aged white man not willing to step in and make a difference, oh, but you posted something on a website, go bang your dumpy wife and feel better about yourself.

Posted by: Cajunrice&beans ()
Date: July 24, 2012 03:06PM

Open air, dome, enclosed, it doesn't make a difference. As long as they re-open the Popeye's there the mall will do fine.

Posted by: Love it ()
Date: July 24, 2012 03:12PM

Cajunrice&beans Wrote:
> Open air, dome, enclosed, it doesn't make a
> difference. As long as they re-open the Popeye's
> there the mall will do fine.

Love that chicken from Popeye's

Posted by: O-J ()
Date: July 24, 2012 03:13PM

Gotta have an Orange Julius there if you want it to succeed. And was said before, at least two Timeouts.

Posted by: near elevator ()
Date: July 24, 2012 03:30PM

O-J Wrote:
> Gotta have an Orange Julius there if you want it
> to succeed. And was said before, at least two
> Timeouts.

bring back HONG KONG

Posted by: Amazonian ()
Date: July 24, 2012 03:54PM

According to the Washington Post, Amazon is adding several distribution centers throughout the country in order to continue to decrease delivery times. I've had Amazon Prime now for just under a year and have found many of my purchases are arriving the next day despite the fact that I didn't purchase next day delivery service nor did Amazon ship it that way.

True, I can't buy everything at Amazon but have you been to a mall since 1997? Their goods are overpriced, poor quality and are supported by unmotivated, under-informed salespeople. In fact, I can't think of a single retail store in the region that I walked out of in the last 10 years and said, "Wow! How about those prices? And such helpful employees!". Restaurants? Yes. Stores? No.

Posted by: Amazo ()
Date: July 24, 2012 04:05PM

Amazonian Wrote:
> According to the Washington Post, Amazon is adding
> several distribution centers throughout the
> country in order to continue to decrease delivery
> times. I've had Amazon Prime now for just under a
> year and have found many of my purchases are
> arriving the next day despite the fact that I
> didn't purchase next day delivery service nor did
> Amazon ship it that way.
>
> True, I can't buy everything at Amazon but have
> you been to a mall since 1997? Their goods are
> overpriced, poor quality and are supported by
> unmotivated, under-informed salespeople. In fact,
> I can't think of a single retail store in the
> region that I walked out of in the last 10 years
> and said, "Wow! How about those prices? And such
> helpful employees!". Restaurants? Yes. Stores? No.

I have no need to go to a mall, let alone one like Springfield Mall became. Amazon, or wherever, delivers everything to my door. I do all the research, find the best price, whatever, without some pimply faced dimwit getting in my way. The time it takes me to find something online and buy it is a fraction of the time, aggrivation and gas it takes to go out. Why rebuild a mall? Why build a supermall. This more about someone's ego than anything else.

Posted by: bEST ()
Date: July 24, 2012 04:43PM

I have no need for a mall either. I buy all my goods from W. Bell & Co and bEST. I even get their free catalog in the mail. I like picking up my goods at the warehouse section when they call my ticket number.

Posted by: Spaceway Raceway Rules ()
Date: July 24, 2012 04:59PM

Deja Vu
Attachments:
B0516-236_t670.jpg

Posted by: 101 ()
Date: July 25, 2012 03:22AM

Amazo Wrote:
> Amazonian Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > According to the Washington Post, Amazon is
> adding
> > several distribution centers throughout the
> > country in order to continue to decrease
> delivery
> > times. I've had Amazon Prime now for just under
> a
> > year and have found many of my purchases are
> > arriving the next day despite the fact that I
> > didn't purchase next day delivery service nor
> did
> > Amazon ship it that way.
> >
> > True, I can't buy everything at Amazon but have
> > you been to a mall since 1997? Their goods are
> > overpriced, poor quality and are supported by
> > unmotivated, under-informed salespeople. In
> fact,
> > I can't think of a single retail store in the
> > region that I walked out of in the last 10
> years
> > and said, "Wow! How about those prices? And
> such
> > helpful employees!". Restaurants? Yes. Stores?
> No.
>
>
> I have no need to go to a mall, let alone one like
> Springfield Mall became. Amazon, or wherever,
> delivers everything to my door. I do all the
> research, find the best price, whatever, without
> some pimply faced dimwit getting in my way. The
> time it takes me to find something online and buy
> it is a fraction of the time, aggrivation and gas
> it takes to go out. Why rebuild a mall? Why
> build a supermall. This more about someone's ego
> than anything else.

It's the feel.
Try strolling thru Reston Town center :-)
There is something that makes you wanna go and hang

Posted by: Dumpy Wife Lover ()
Date: July 25, 2012 06:31PM

So Very Typical Wrote:
-------------------------------------------
<Screaming at others to make change then
<walking away without actually making an
<argument. Middle aged white man not willing
<to step in and make a difference, oh, but
<you posted something on a website, go bang
<your dumpy wife and feel better about yourself.

That's the purpose of this website, no?

Posted by: sergsdgdfhdfgh ()
Date: July 25, 2012 09:17PM

Frankly, the issue is not the mall. The issue is Springfield. That shithole needs to be nuked from orbit.

BTW, for folks buying these concept sketched...lol.

Posted by: Toteth O'Grady, USA ()
Date: September 02, 2012 11:11AM

i think it could work. The main thing is to keep security on the ball. Constant patrols and an outside mountain bikepatrol in the parking lots.

These were new trule at a dallas mall. If you keep people who want to make trouble uncomfortable, than they won't come and 'Hang out" The mall management needs to be proactive. You'll get nice people coming out, but you can't slack off on the troublemakers.

Children under 17 years old must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at the mall after 6pm. (The only exception to the new rule is if you work at the mall or are going to the movie theater there.)

** The mall is also discouraging people from taking pictures of themselves or taking video of themselves or others at the mall.

** People must be dressed appropriately for the family friendly enviroment and no undergarments are to be shown at any time.

* Clothing that obstructs the face and clothing with vulgar, lewd, obscene language or images isn’t allowed. Clothing must also adequetly cover the body. So if your tank tops or shorts are too revealing, they could ask you to leave the mall all together.

Posted by: Black Adam ()
Date: September 02, 2012 11:24AM

unlockin

Yours in Christ
Black Adam

Posted by: Mitch ()
Date: September 13, 2012 10:46PM

Interesting posts. I live about three miles from Springfield Mall. I'm white, late 30's with a household income of $217K. I guess there are some rough neighborhoods in the direct area, but I think most of the folks in Kingstowne and the apartments across the street are in a similar socio-economic class as my wife and I (if not the same color). The big box stores around the mall like the Best Buy and Home Depot seem to do pretty well. Only problem I see (having lived here in the 90's when the mall was still a going concern) is that traffic will get bad again. I'm also not sure where the comments about 90% of crimes are commited by people using metro, or the sense that crime in the area is any better or worse than any of the other southern suburbs is; well, wrong. I guess you can argue the point, but it's just not true.

Posted by: ROCKO MEATS ()
Date: September 14, 2012 07:15AM

2000 residences where in the hell are they going to put all these cars,traffic is going to be an issue, the shit for brains never ever think of the traffic, areas all ready congested.

Posted by: mr krabbs ()
Date: September 14, 2012 07:46AM

Looking at the drawings I have to ask where are all the overweight hispanic women in mini skirts dragging five kids along.

Posted by: Mine's bigger ()
Date: September 14, 2012 08:10AM

Mitch Wrote:
> Interesting posts. I live about three miles from
> Springfield Mall. I'm white, late 30's with a
> household income of $217K. I guess there are some
> rough neighborhoods in the direct area, but I
> think most of the folks in Kingstowne and the
> apartments across the street are in a similar
> socio-economic class as my wife and I (if not the
> same color). The big box stores around the mall
> like the Best Buy and Home Depot seem to do pretty
> well. Only problem I see (having lived here in
> the 90's when the mall was still a going concern)
> is that traffic will get bad again. I'm also not
> sure where the comments about 90% of crimes are
> committed by people using metro, or the sense that
> crime in the area is any better or worse than any
> of the other southern suburbs is; well, wrong. I
> guess you can argue the point, but it's just not
> true.

Why did you boast about your income? Your income has absolutely nothing to do with the thread.
Kingstowne? I guess after the gravel was removed something had to be replaced.

Posted by: Mitch ()
Date: September 14, 2012 06:00PM

I'm not boasting about my income. My income is incredibly relevant becasue investors build shopping centers within easy access of large amounts of disposible income. The general assertion of many of these posts seems to be that Springfield is full of "poor blacks and mexicans", is crime ridden and, therefore, renovating the mall is a bad idea. The facts don't support this uninformed, and generally racist, assertion. While diverse, the area has a relatively high household income and a crime rate that is not aberrant for the region; which supports the business model of renovating the mall.

Posted by: Chick ()
Date: September 15, 2012 03:01PM

Will there be some place to get chickin

Posted by: Julia Child ()
Date: September 15, 2012 05:20PM

Chick Wrote:
> Will there be some place to get chickin

Yes, you'll be able to get Coq au Vin in the food court at The Inn At Little Springfield.

Posted by: Over development ()
Date: September 16, 2012 12:41PM

Just bulldoze the entire area and plant trees.

Posted by: Under development ()
Date: September 21, 2012 03:35AM

Drove by the mall yesterday and dead. No cars, construction equipment or signs of life. Reminded me of malls in Ohio. Weeds, then trees.
Good location for a apocalyptic movie.

This is the end my friend
The end.

Date: November 28, 2012 02:12PM

For the haters on the board -

http://www.connectionnewspapers.com/news/2012/nov/28/rip-springfield-mall/

Please don't come to our shit hole mall when it is finished. Thanks

Posted by: Predictor ()
Date: November 28, 2012 02:36PM

I wasn't born in Springfield but, I was raised in Springfield and by God...I'll die in Springfield. If people want to spend money on this...fine. The Mall has been slowly dying since the Internet was invented and the land was ripe for redevelpment. But here's the part I don't understand...

WHY BUILD ANOTHER FUCKING SHOPPING CENTER?!?!? Errrrrrrrr...I mean..."Town Center". Sorry...I realize that's COMPLETELY different from a mall or a shopping center...

The demographics of my beloved Springfield are decidedly brown, savage, mud-people. They are sub-human locusts who enfiltheficate and destroy everything they interact with. Name one way the Latinos have made Springfield a better place...answer...you can't. Everything was better before they got here.

Posted by: No Thanks! ()
Date: November 28, 2012 02:49PM

Sorry. I will be shopping in the slums of Springfield.

Posted by: Crabby Native ()
Date: November 28, 2012 02:59PM

The shit-skinned people will over-run this new place so fast it'll make your head spin.

Posted by: Unlikely ()
Date: November 28, 2012 03:08PM

Crabby Native Wrote:
> The shit-skinned people will over-run this new
> place so fast it'll make your head spin.

Unlikely and I'll tell you why. Clearly you dont know anything about land development. When a piece of land has 300 million dollars put into it by an investor, they end up having to charge a "newness" fee. In other words things that are shiny and new, are expensive as fuck to live in or go to. Ever heard of gentrification? Thats what it is.

The end result will be more white bread people in Springfield as the prices become unliveable for immigrants.

Immigrants are already showing they will go farther out in order to work in the area. Loudoun has seen a HUGE influx in immigrants because CHEAP is CHEAP. There are still pockets of poor areas in Fairfax too, but as soon as they get redeveloped it becomes one less affordable region for run down 3rd world types.

Posted by: Redveloped and it feels so good ()
Date: November 28, 2012 03:10PM

Unlikely Wrote:
> Crabby Native Wrote:
> -----
> > The shit-skinned people will over-run this new
> > place so fast it'll make your head spin.
>
>
> Unlikely and I'll tell you why. Clearly you dont
> know anything about land development. When a piece
> of land has 300 million dollars put into it by an
> investor, they end up having to charge a "newness"
> fee. In other words things that are shiny and new,
> are expensive as fuck to live in or go to. Ever
> heard of gentrification? Thats what it is.
>
> The end result will be more white bread people in
> Springfield as the prices become unliveable for
> immigrants.
>
> Immigrants are already showing they will go
> farther out in order to work in the area. Loudoun
> has seen a HUGE influx in immigrants because CHEAP
> is CHEAP. There are still pockets of poor areas in
> Fairfax too, but as soon as they get redeveloped
> it becomes one less affordable region for run down
> 3rd world types.

yes, but the town center layout does not mean people have to buy anything to over-run it, they just come and hang out. Shit skinned people love hanging out.

Posted by: Loudoun is all white ()
Date: November 28, 2012 03:20PM

Look at the stats on the schools. 99% white.

Posted by: Land Development ()
Date: November 28, 2012 03:23PM

Clearly you don't know anything about how these monsters swoop into an area and take it over. You think because a mall has high prices gangs won't hang out there because they can't afford to buy anything? Are you serious? They will go there to intimidate and rob the people who can afford to buy things you moron. This leads to "white flight". You are an idiot.

Posted by: high end stores? ()
Date: November 28, 2012 03:24PM

Lord and Taylor?

Burberry?

Macy's does not count.

Posted by: Newness ()
Date: November 28, 2012 03:30PM

God knows no gang wants to tag a new town center with spray paint to mark the territory as their own. The "newness fee" will scare them away!!!!

Date: November 28, 2012 03:55PM

It seems like some people on this board have never left the whiteness of their home. It is sad to see the generalizations that are placed on Springfield. No doubt we have many more Hispanics living in certain areas but as others have posted on here but that shit is gonna change and it is going to change quickly. Ever heard of the 16,000 people/jobs coming to Springfield and Fort Belvoir because of the Base Realignment Commission (BRAC)? Because of BRAC, Central Springfield is classified as a revitalization zone which gives tax breaks to developers if they build in Springfield which includes many areas other than Springfield Mall. These developers have a lot of plans already in the works, one of which is tearing down the apartment complex on Commerce Street and replacing them with hi-end two bed room apartments. Guess who can't afford higher rent? In about 5 years when all the development is done hopefully YOU will have left the area.

Please read and learn -

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/22/AR2011022206690.html

And I don't know when you go to the mall but I have never had any issues with other HUMAN BEINGS whatsoever when I have gone. And neither has my little white wife when she goes into the big scary mall all alone. Do yourselves a favor and don't just listen to the over-hyping media when they report about a crime at the mall.

Disclaimer - I am not Jeff McKay. Nor a minority. Nor am I an asshole like most of people whose posts I have read in this thread.

Posted by: Metroman ()
Date: November 28, 2012 03:59PM

And we all know the Metro doesn't bring lowlifes in from the District. I mean, it's not like they ever had a carjacking or kidnapping at Springfield Mall.

Posted by: Fact.Checker ()
Date: November 28, 2012 04:22PM

Springfield Scumbag Wrote:
> It seems like some people on this board have never
> left the whiteness of their home. It is sad to see
> the generalizations that are placed on
> Springfield. No doubt we have many more Hispanics
> living in certain areas but as others have posted
> on here but that shit is gonna change and it is
> going to change quickly. Ever heard of the 16,000
> people/jobs coming to Springfield and Fort Belvoir
> because of the Base Realignment Commission (BRAC)?
> Because of BRAC, Central Springfield is classified
> as a revitalization zone which gives tax breaks to
> developers if they build in Springfield which
> includes many areas other than Springfield Mall.
> These developers have a lot of plans already in
> the works, one of which is tearing down the
> apartment complex on Commerce Street and replacing
> them with hi-end two bed room apartments. Guess
> who can't afford higher rent? In about 5 years
> when all the development is done hopefully YOU
> will have left the area.
>
> Please read and learn -
>
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/artic
> le/2011/02/22/AR2011022206690.html
>
> And I don't know when you go to the mall but I
> have never had any issues with other HUMAN BEINGS
> whatsoever when I have gone. And neither has my
> little white wife when she goes into the big scary
> mall all alone. Do yourselves a favor and don't
> just listen to the over-hyping media when they
> report about a crime at the mall.
>
> Disclaimer - I am not Jeff McKay. Nor a minority.
> Nor am I an asshole like most of people whose
> posts I have read in this thread.

Over-hyping? Dude...a middle-aged woman was abducted and killed at Springfield Mall by latino thugs. All she was trying to do was buy a new pair of pants. I'm not saying Springfield is Newark, NJ but...if you compare that area now to say 1974...it's not safe and that goes double at night. The Town Center is an improvement, no question. But latino thugs can hnag out anywhere they want...for free. And there'll be no charge to hang out at Springfield Town Center. Except of course for the whites when their bodies start to drop.

Posted by: shad up ()
Date: November 28, 2012 04:28PM

Land Development Wrote:
> Clearly you don't know anything about how these
> monsters swoop into an area and take it over. You
> think because a mall has high prices gangs won't
> hang out there because they can't afford to buy
> anything? Are you serious? They will go there to
> intimidate and rob the people who can afford to
> buy things you moron. This leads to "white
> flight". You are an idiot.

And you think vornado after pumping 300 million would let the image of the mall return to shit? They'll have a gestapo in there. Cheap is Cheap, and the burbs is where poor people continue to go.

You people are children who know nothing. Go back to P.E.

Posted by: poor people go poor ()
Date: November 28, 2012 04:30PM

Fact.Checker Wrote:
> Springfield Scumbag Wrote:
> -----
> > It seems like some people on this board have
> never
> > left the whiteness of their home. It is sad to
> see
> > the generalizations that are placed on
> > Springfield. No doubt we have many more
> Hispanics
> > living in certain areas but as others have
> posted
> > on here but that shit is gonna change and it is
> > going to change quickly. Ever heard of the
> 16,000
> > people/jobs coming to Springfield and Fort
> Belvoir
> > because of the Base Realignment Commission
> (BRAC)?
> > Because of BRAC, Central Springfield is
> classified
> > as a revitalization zone which gives tax breaks
> to
> > developers if they build in Springfield which
> > includes many areas other than Springfield
> Mall.
> > These developers have a lot of plans already in
> > the works, one of which is tearing down the
> > apartment complex on Commerce Street and
> replacing
> > them with hi-end two bed room apartments. Guess
> > who can't afford higher rent? In about 5 years
> > when all the development is done hopefully YOU
> > will have left the area.
> >
> > Please read and learn -
> >
> >
>
> > le/2011/02/22/AR2011022206690.html
> >
> > And I don't know when you go to the mall but I
> > have never had any issues with other HUMAN
> BEINGS
> > whatsoever when I have gone. And neither has my
> > little white wife when she goes into the big
> scary
> > mall all alone. Do yourselves a favor and don't
> > just listen to the over-hyping media when they
> > report about a crime at the mall.
> >
> > Disclaimer - I am not Jeff McKay. Nor a
> minority.
> > Nor am I an asshole like most of people whose
> > posts I have read in this thread.
>
> Over-hyping? Dude...a middle-aged woman was
> abducted and killed at Springfield Mall by latino
> thugs. All she was trying to do was buy a new pair
> of pants. I'm not saying Springfield is Newark, NJ
> but...if you compare that area now to say
> 1974...it's not safe and that goes double at
> night. The Town Center is an improvement, no
> question. But latino thugs can hnag out anywhere
> they want...for free. And there'll be no charge to
> hang out at Springfield Town Center. Except of
> course for the whites when their bodies start to
> drop.

And how many people have been murdered in Leesburg since then? 7.

So shut the fuck up with your "white areas dont get crime" meth heads kill too ass hole. Red necks kill too asshole. Poor people live in poor areas.

PS those gangstars LIVE IN WOODBRIDGE, which is in prince william, aka the cheap parts in the burbs.

Fuckin idiots proving my point

Posted by: shut up ()
Date: November 28, 2012 04:31PM

Metroman Wrote:
> And we all know the Metro doesn't bring lowlifes
> in from the District. I mean, it's not like they
> ever had a carjacking or kidnapping at Springfield
> Mall.

The springfield mall which is 2 miles from the metro.

That area has crime because it was run down shit hole of cheap housing and low surveillance under neath an overpass.

You people are fuckin idiots. You point out one metro, when 14 other stops in Virginia have absolutely NO signs off higher crime rates.

Faggot

Posted by: chuckhoffmann ()
Date: November 28, 2012 08:17PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2013 12:49AM by chuckhoffmann.

when white kill in leesburg, it's ok - but blacks kill in Springfield? "TIME TO EXTERMINATE THE ENTIRE RACE" is what the klanmen with say...........
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: November 28, 2012 11:16PM

poor people go poor Wrote:
> Fact.Checker Wrote:
> -----
> > Springfield Scumbag Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > It seems like some people on this board have
> > never
> > > left the whiteness of their home. It is sad
> to
> > see
> > > the generalizations that are placed on
> > > Springfield. No doubt we have many more
> > Hispanics
> > > living in certain areas but as others have
> > posted
> > > on here but that shit is gonna change and it
> is
> > > going to change quickly. Ever heard of the
> > 16,000
> > > people/jobs coming to Springfield and Fort
> > Belvoir
> > > because of the Base Realignment Commission
> > (BRAC)?
> > > Because of BRAC, Central Springfield is
> > classified
> > > as a revitalization zone which gives tax
> breaks
> > to
> > > developers if they build in Springfield which
> > > includes many areas other than Springfield
> > Mall.
> > > These developers have a lot of plans already
> in
> > > the works, one of which is tearing down the
> > > apartment complex on Commerce Street and
> > replacing
> > > them with hi-end two bed room apartments.
> Guess
> > > who can't afford higher rent? In about 5
> years
> > > when all the development is done hopefully
> YOU
> > > will have left the area.
> > >
> > > Please read and learn -
> > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > le/2011/02/22/AR2011022206690.html
> > >
> > > And I don't know when you go to the mall but
> I
> > > have never had any issues with other HUMAN
> > BEINGS
> > > whatsoever when I have gone. And neither has
> my
> > > little white wife when she goes into the big
> > scary
> > > mall all alone. Do yourselves a favor and
> don't
> > > just listen to the over-hyping media when
> they
> > > report about a crime at the mall.
> > >
> > > Disclaimer - I am not Jeff McKay. Nor a
> > minority.
> > > Nor am I an asshole like most of people whose
> > > posts I have read in this thread.
> >
> > Over-hyping? Dude...a middle-aged woman was
> > abducted and killed at Springfield Mall by
> latino
> > thugs. All she was trying to do was buy a new
> pair
> > of pants. I'm not saying Springfield is Newark,
> NJ
> > but...if you compare that area now to say
> > 1974...it's not safe and that goes double at
> > night. The Town Center is an improvement, no
> > question. But latino thugs can hnag out
> anywhere
> > they want...for free. And there'll be no charge
> to
> > hang out at Springfield Town Center. Except of
> > course for the whites when their bodies start
> to
> > drop.
>
>
> And how many people have been murdered in Leesburg
> since then? 7.
>
> So shut the fuck up with your "white areas dont
> get crime" meth heads kill too ass hole. Red necks
> kill too asshole. Poor people live in poor areas.
>
> PS those gangstars LIVE IN WOODBRIDGE, which is in
> prince william, aka the cheap parts in the burbs.
>
> Fuckin idiots proving my point
Attachments:
win internet.jpg

Posted by: Which parts? ()
Date: November 28, 2012 11:57PM

ActualMemberofSociety Wrote:
> There will be parts that are indoor, and parts
> that are outdoor.

Which parts? Lemme guess, the outside parts are gonna be outdoors? How about the inside parts? Those gonna be indoors?

Posted by: Fact.Checker ()
Date: November 29, 2012 12:11AM

chuckhoffmann Wrote:
> Fact.Checker Wrote:
> -----
> > Over-hyping? Dude...a middle-aged woman was
> > abducted and killed at Springfield Mall by
> latino
> > thugs. All she was trying to do was buy a new
> pair
> > of pants.
>
> The fatal carjacking you're thinking of was of
> Barbara J. "Bobbi" Bosworth, a 60-year-old
> Alexandria woman who was kidnapped by Keith A.
> Baskerville and Lutchman L. Chandler, two
> 19-year-old Woodbridge men,from the covered
> parking garage at Springfield Mall on September
> 13, 2008.
>
> After driving Bosworth in her red Saturn to
> Woodbridge, the two men forced her to buy beer at
> the PDQ Mart on Cardinal Drive and tried to get
> her to get cash from her ATM card. Shortly
> thereafter, Baskerville crashed the Saturn into
> some trees on Neabsco Road, killing Bosworth,
> mortally injuring Chandler, and causing severe
> head injuries to himself.
>
> Baskerville was already a diagnosed schizophrenic,
> and this along with his head injuries initially
> rendered him incompetent to stand trial for the
> murder of Bosworth. When Baskerville was finally
> restored to competency, he was found not guilty by
> reason of insanity (and if you know anything about
> how the courts work in Virginia, you know you have
> to be seriously fucking demented to be
> found not guilty by reason of insanity in the
> Commonwealth). He's probably going to spend a good
> chunk of the next several decades, if not the rest
> of his life, jn the Western State Hospital in
> Staunton.
>
> Here's a photo of Chandler and Baskerville.
> Neither of them looks very Hispanic to me.

Oh shit, Chuck...wow...so, since the perps were nappy headed thugs and not brown, savage mud people wow...that must just kill my whole fucking argument, huh? Wake up, man. Wake...up.

Posted by: smokeabluntnchill ()
Date: November 29, 2012 12:29AM

Fact.Checker Wrote:
> chuckhoffmann Wrote:
> -----
> > Fact.Checker Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Over-hyping? Dude...a middle-aged woman was
> > > abducted and killed at Springfield Mall by
> > latino
> > > thugs. All she was trying to do was buy a new
> > pair
> > > of pants.
> >
> > The fatal carjacking you're thinking of was of
> > Barbara J. "Bobbi" Bosworth, a 60-year-old
> > Alexandria woman who was kidnapped by Keith A.
> > Baskerville and Lutchman L. Chandler, two
> > 19-year-old Woodbridge men,from the covered
> > parking garage at Springfield Mall on September
> > 13, 2008.
> >
> > After driving Bosworth in her red Saturn to
> > Woodbridge, the two men forced her to buy beer
> at
> > the PDQ Mart on Cardinal Drive and tried to get
> > her to get cash from her ATM card. Shortly
> > thereafter, Baskerville crashed the Saturn into
> > some trees on Neabsco Road, killing Bosworth,
> > mortally injuring Chandler, and causing severe
> > head injuries to himself.
> >
> > Baskerville was already a diagnosed
> schizophrenic,
> > and this along with his head injuries initially
> > rendered him incompetent to stand trial for the
> > murder of Bosworth. When Baskerville was
> finally
> > restored to competency, he was found not guilty
> by
> > reason of insanity (and if you know anything
> about
> > how the courts work in Virginia, you know you
> have
> > to be seriously fucking demented to be
> > found not guilty by reason of insanity in the
> > Commonwealth). He's probably going to spend a
> good
> > chunk of the next several decades, if not the
> rest
> > of his life, jn the Western State Hospital in
> > Staunton.
> >
> > Here's a photo of Chandler and Baskerville.
> > Neither of them looks very Hispanic to me.
>
> Oh shit, Chuck...wow...so, since the perps were
> nappy headed thugs and not brown, savage mud
> people wow...that must just kill my whole fucking
> argument, huh? Wake up, man. Wake...up.

i think my nigga chuck was just tryin to say they were niggers, he was not disagreeing with you that the mall is/was/will be shit thanks to all the non white occupants.

Posted by: John Q. Law ()
Date: November 29, 2012 06:57AM

shut up Wrote:
> Metroman Wrote:
> -----
> > And we all know the Metro doesn't bring
> lowlifes
> > in from the District. I mean, it's not like
> they
> > ever had a carjacking or kidnapping at
> Springfield
> > Mall.
>
>
> The springfield mall which is 2 miles from the
> metro.
>
> That area has crime because it was run down shit
> hole of cheap housing and low surveillance under
> neath an overpass.
>
> You people are fuckin idiots. You point out one
> metro, when 14 other stops in Virginia have
> absolutely NO signs off higher crime rates.
>
> Faggot

No signs of higher crime rates? Really? Let's see those stats you are talking about.

Posted by: Springfielder ()
Date: November 29, 2012 07:52AM

I would imagine that most thieves don't take the Metro to their destinations because relying on a train that only shows up every 10-15 minutes kinda foils the whole "quick getaway" thing.

If you want to spot a thief at the newly opened Springfield Town Center, look for a car between 7 and 15 years old, in questionable repair (I believe the technical term is "hoopdie"), and likely with Maryland or DC plates, although I suspect we'll have our share of home-grown crooks attempting to ply their trade at the Town Center.

If Vornado is serious about investing hundreds of millions of dollars in the redevelopment of the mall, I also hope they're considering hiring a serious security firm to guard it, rather than those worthless Securitas rent-a-cops they were using. I think forking over a few hundred grand a year to hire a few REAL cops and installing them in a substation in the Town Center would be money well spent.

Posted by: Lets see your stats ()
Date: November 29, 2012 09:23AM

John Q. Law Wrote:
> shut up Wrote:
> -----
> > Metroman Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > And we all know the Metro doesn't bring
> > lowlifes
> > > in from the District. I mean, it's not like
> > they
> > > ever had a carjacking or kidnapping at
> > Springfield
> > > Mall.
> >
> >
> > The springfield mall which is 2 miles from the
> > metro.
> >
> > That area has crime because it was run down
> shit
> > hole of cheap housing and low surveillance
> under
> > neath an overpass.
> >
> > You people are fuckin idiots. You point out one
> > metro, when 14 other stops in Virginia have
> > absolutely NO signs off higher crime rates.
> >
> > Faggot
>
>
> No signs of higher crime rates? Really? Let's
> see those stats you are talking about.

Crime rates? Look at Vienna, WFC, and all of Arlington which are the safest parts of NOVA moron. They are also the most expensive parts of town with the exception of WFC. What about King Street and Braddock Road, same thing.

Keep reaching. Metro has nothing to do with crime. Cheap poor run down areas with gas stations and 7-11s have more to do with it.

BTW, nice move to demand stats from a person who has no stats of his own and if he used stats on springfield would find that even in springfield (the worst metro stop) the crime rate is less than in Woodbridge where there are 0 metro stations, for that matter look at Roanoke or Richmond where there are no metro stations and yet lots of fucking crime. Poor areas have poor people and poor people commit more crimes. End of story you whore licker

Posted by: Davidg ()
Date: December 01, 2012 05:18PM

its gonna look nice

Posted by: Hacked Native ()
Date: December 17, 2012 11:54AM

This is going to be a joke. The area is going to be rebuilt, be beautiful and the people who go there are going to be thugs who just hang out and make the white people feel scared. The stigma of the area won't be overcome.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: December 17, 2012 12:01PM

not all white ppl are as scared as you are, hacked

Posted by: stephen ()
Date: December 17, 2012 12:05PM

It will just fill up with the same people doing the same old stuff. Better to just put up a tacco bell and KFC.

Posted by: Coming4U ()
Date: December 17, 2012 04:23PM

I live in DC and I will be coming to Springfield Town Center or STC when it opens with my homees. We don't buy nothing, just look at your white woman, and intimidate you crackers. We might rip off a few things from your car or pull a gun on you in the parking lot and ask for some cash! We gots to eat to and food cost lots of $$$.

We ain't gonna start a gang war in our hood bu doing that shit here!

Posted by: another white man ()
Date: December 17, 2012 04:54PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> not all white ppl are as scared as you are, hacked

Yes, not all, but you know which of all race will go? niggers and spics. And we all know what happens then... Lolz.. It will probably be 1 white for every 4 mud people, it will only get worse with time, 1:5, then 1:10, and the out of business. The white mans got the money, no whites = no business. Lolz...

Posted by: Jose Can U See ()
Date: December 17, 2012 05:01PM

The biggest problem with Springfield Mall or Town Center is its location in Springfield.

Posted by: forrealthoush ()
Date: December 17, 2012 05:11PM

They need to get rid of those crappy hotels around there, get strict with the parking laws and car modification laws. If you have md tags and your car is parked for more then 7 days. TOW. If your car has aftermarket modifications. TOW. Get a housing inspector to go through all the homes, kick out all the rooms being illegally rented out. Get rid of the dealerships (VW), and all those crappy looking shops around it, Motel 6, maybe update the 5 guys. I dont see why they need so many shitty hotels, if you checkout backpage you can see they love springfield.

Posted by: ROCKO MEATS ()
Date: December 18, 2012 09:13AM

Springfield mall area CCW another reason not leave home with out it

Posted by: Springedfield ()
Date: December 18, 2012 10:58AM

The area around the mall will always continue to bring down the area. As said before, tear down a bunch of the other stuff in the area too, then, maybe, you have a chance.

Posted by: Curious1 ()
Date: April 23, 2013 04:08PM

Anybody out there with any actual demographic data? How many of those new jobs already exist? How is the housing market compared to other zip codes in Northern Va? if the jobs are already there; the housing market should be recovering/improving and bringing in new residents. Just like on the way down new residents bring their friends, on the way up new residents can bring friends.

Posted by: The late not so great mall ()
Date: April 23, 2013 05:22PM

Demolition is very slow. Probably changing plans and reviewing for location of new FBI building. Malls are on the decline and this location would be ideal for the complex. Could still entertain an open court for a few restaurants while Macy's and Target probably want to move.

Posted by: You're dumb ()
Date: April 23, 2013 06:09PM

The above statement is just stupid.

Posted by: Hoover's fashion court ()
Date: April 23, 2013 06:38PM

You're dumb Wrote:
> The above statement is just stupid.

You're hoping it's a dumb statement but but in reality they are seriously considering the proposal.

Posted by: Butts ()
Date: April 23, 2013 07:04PM

Hoover's fashion court Wrote:
> You're dumb Wrote:
> -----
> > The above statement is just stupid.
>
> You're hoping it's a dumb statement "but but" in
> reality they are seriously considering the
> proposal.

Two buts are better than one.

Posted by: jack ()
Date: April 23, 2013 10:47PM

Any idea about the neighborhood right by Lee high school....
anybody plan on renovating that. I've seen all kinds of renovated houses in springfield area but not there.

Posted by: Rory ()
Date: April 24, 2013 01:10AM

burkeresident Wrote:
> why when I goto springfieldmall.com the drafted
> photos seem like the new mall would be enclosed
> and not an open mall like planned?

The back side of it will be open I took pics at the office the ave a big model of it I will upload those pics soon!

Posted by: Tysons Engineer ()
Date: April 24, 2013 09:10AM

Jose Can U See Wrote:
> The biggest problem with Springfield Mall or Town
> Center is its location in Springfield.

Hahaha

I grew up most of my life in Springfield, the problem was that it became a cross roads more than a location. The mixing bowl sealed the deal that development and growth would go further down into Dale City and Fredericksburg. Politicians thought they were improving the traffic in springfield and making it more viable for business by creating that monstrosity, but all they did is subsidize living further out and put the death nail in that part of Springfield. The only thing that can save that area economically is if they can bring in a major government tenant like the FBI or find a white whale private industry partner.

Date: April 24, 2013 11:22AM

While the Mixing Bowl did make it easier to go further away from a city center due to less traffic it should eventually also make Springfield a hub for local companies. I can see why people would be worried about the transient nature but isnt DC itself pretty transient with new elected officials and new contractors basically in and out every year.

Date: April 24, 2013 11:42AM

jack Wrote:
> While the Mixing Bowl did make it easier to go
> further away from a city center due to less
> traffic it should eventually also make Springfield
> a hub for local companies. I can see why people
> would be worried about the transient nature but
> isnt DC itself pretty transient with new elected
> officials and new contractors basically in and out
> every year.

Except that theory has never been proven. Corporations that select offices seem to find highway infrastructure just as unsightly as residential owners. No one wants to be over shaddowed by a 10 story highway. They want a prime location, in the center of town, around other things, food amenities for employees, etc.

The same thing was said about the SESW freeway when it was built, that companies would flock to it because it provided quick access for employees, but the opposite became true. Every last company moved away because the area turned into a slum.

Highways and commercial business districts simply do not mix. You kill the very commercial dynamics you were trying to help. Best solution is to build highways up to the general zone, then step down via multiple different smaller city scale roads that can disperse the traffic.

Date: April 24, 2013 02:59PM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> jack Wrote:
> -----
> > While the Mixing Bowl did make it easier to go
> > further away from a city center due to less
> > traffic it should eventually also make
> Springfield
> > a hub for local companies. I can see why
> people
> > would be worried about the transient nature but
> > isnt DC itself pretty transient with new
> elected
> > officials and new contractors basically in and
> out
> > every year.
>
>
> Except that theory has never been proven.
> Corporations that select offices seem to find
> highway infrastructure just as unsightly as
> residential owners. No one wants to be over
> shaddowed by a 10 story highway. They want a prime
> location, in the center of town, around other
> things, food amenities for employees, etc.
>
> The same thing was said about the SESW freeway
> when it was built, that companies would flock to
> it because it provided quick access for employees,
> but the opposite became true. Every last company
> moved away because the area turned into a slum.
>
> Highways and commercial business districts simply
> do not mix. You kill the very commercial dynamics
> you were trying to help. Best solution is to build
> highways up to the general zone, then step down
> via multiple different smaller city scale roads
> that can disperse the traffic.

I notice your username is Tysons Engineer. Any thoughts on what the metro infrastructure (above road highways) will do to that area.

Posted by: All roads lead away ()
Date: April 24, 2013 07:39PM

jack Wrote:
> Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> -----
> > jack Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > While the Mixing Bowl did make it easier to
> go
> > > further away from a city center due to less
> > > traffic it should eventually also make
> > Springfield
> > > a hub for local companies. I can see why
> > people
> > > would be worried about the transient nature
> but
> > > isnt DC itself pretty transient with new
> > elected
> > > officials and new contractors basically in
> and
> > out
> > > every year.
> >
> >
> > Except that theory has never been proven.
> > Corporations that select offices seem to find
> > highway infrastructure just as unsightly as
> > residential owners. No one wants to be over
> > shaddowed by a 10 story highway. They want a
> prime
> > location, in the center of town, around other
> > things, food amenities for employees, etc.
> >
> > The same thing was said about the SESW freeway
> > when it was built, that companies would flock
> to
> > it because it provided quick access for
> employees,
> > but the opposite became true. Every last
> company
> > moved away because the area turned into a slum.
> >
> > Highways and commercial business districts
> simply
> > do not mix. You kill the very commercial
> dynamics
> > you were trying to help. Best solution is to
> build
> > highways up to the general zone, then step down
> > via multiple different smaller city scale roads
> > that can disperse the traffic.
>
>
> I notice your username is Tysons Engineer. Any
> thoughts on what the metro infrastructure (above
> road highways) will do to that area.

Potholes and concrete. Springfield bit the dust in 1992. The roads are designed to drive thru or around Springfield.
Fischer's hardware was the last nail.

Date: April 24, 2013 09:57PM

jack Wrote:
> Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> -----
> > jack Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > While the Mixing Bowl did make it easier to
> go
> > > further away from a city center due to less
> > > traffic it should eventually also make
> > Springfield
> > > a hub for local companies. I can see why
> > people
> > > would be worried about the transient nature
> but
> > > isnt DC itself pretty transient with new
> > elected
> > > officials and new contractors basically in
> and
> > out
> > > every year.
> >
> >
> > Except that theory has never been proven.
> > Corporations that select offices seem to find
> > highway infrastructure just as unsightly as
> > residential owners. No one wants to be over
> > shaddowed by a 10 story highway. They want a
> prime
> > location, in the center of town, around other
> > things, food amenities for employees, etc.
> >
> > The same thing was said about the SESW freeway
> > when it was built, that companies would flock
> to
> > it because it provided quick access for
> employees,
> > but the opposite became true. Every last
> company
> > moved away because the area turned into a slum.
> >
> > Highways and commercial business districts
> simply
> > do not mix. You kill the very commercial
> dynamics
> > you were trying to help. Best solution is to
> build
> > highways up to the general zone, then step down
> > via multiple different smaller city scale roads
> > that can disperse the traffic.
>
>
> I notice your username is Tysons Engineer. Any
> thoughts on what the metro infrastructure (above
> road highways) will do to that area.

Considering Tysons is one of the few areas in NOVA which have actually reduced the vacancy rate in Office space, I think the metro is proving to be beneficial to the economy of Tysons (even if it is above ground).

I know a lot of people are against it (as I was), but with Tysons it is a matter of scale. Right now the metro seems big, but when 25 story buildings start going up along side of it, the impact will be reduced.

That being said there are clear winners and losers forming in Tysons subregions.

Route 123 on the McLean side is seeing far more development and growth in Office, North Tysons along westpark is seeing a lot of growth for residential. However Route 7 has seen almost no growth of office, and only limited residential at Spring Hill Station.

That trend will likely continue as Northeast Tysons becomes far more urban, as western Tysons struggles to reform from strip malls and car dealerships.

There are a lot of examples of above ground rail that are very successful. We'll see if Silver Line becomes one. Personally I think it will initially function fine, and if successful, it would only take a few million dollars (less than 1 percent of the project) to provide some aesthetic improvements, facade work on pier sections, landscaping, etc.

We'll see

You ever been to a new subdivision? Stuff looks weird when it is first built. When trees, and lights, and buildings start going in the metro will look alot more natural.

Posted by: Shocked ()
Date: September 02, 2014 11:18AM

I grew up in Springfield and worked at the mall as a teenager, and I'm shocked at the sub-human demagraphics of folks interested in the new concept, Springfield Town Center. I guess the the KKK has decided to populate the area once known as a middle-class area. My desire to comment on the new format has changed to reflect on where these dumb white people came from, because I'm white, and all of my Springfield/Annandale friends find this dialoge embarrassing and not representive of our hometown. The crime has EVERYTHING to do with the decision of the county to ignore the i395 part of the county, and funnel all funds/improvements to the i66 and rt28 corridors. The area's decline is the result of the county's indifference, PERIOD!

Posted by: hmmmmm ()
Date: September 02, 2014 01:25PM

Most likely because the county workers live in those areas that they chose to fix and ignored other areas in dire need of fixing!

Shocked Wrote:
> I grew up in Springfield and worked at the mall as
> a teenager, and I'm shocked at the sub-human
> demagraphics of folks interested in the new
> concept, Springfield Town Center. I guess the the
> KKK has decided to populate the area once known as
> a middle-class area. My desire to comment on the
> new format has changed to reflect on where these
> dumb white people came from, because I'm white,
> and all of my Springfield/Annandale friends find
> this dialoge embarrassing and not representive of
> our hometown. The crime has EVERYTHING to do with
> the decision of the county to ignore the i395 part
> of the county, and funnel all funds/improvements
> to the i66 and rt28 corridors. The area's decline
> is the result of the county's indifference,
> PERIOD!

Posted by: Poo Poo and Pee Pee ()
Date: September 03, 2014 01:29AM

Revitalizing Springfield Plaza and the surrounding areas should be next:

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/dpz/springfield/

Posted by: Brown Shirt ()
Date: September 03, 2014 02:55AM

forrealthoush Wrote:
> They need to get rid of those crappy hotels around
> there, get strict with the parking laws and car
> modification laws. If you have md tags and your
> car is parked for more then 7 days. TOW. If your
> car has aftermarket modifications. TOW. Get a
> housing inspector to go through all the homes,
> kick out all the rooms being illegally rented out.
> Get rid of the dealerships (VW), and all those
> crappy looking shops around it, Motel 6, maybe
> update the 5 guys. I dont see why they need so
> many shitty hotels, if you checkout backpage you
> can see they love springfield.

sieg heil

but seriously, you're gay and retarded

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.