HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Pro life demonstration on lee hwy
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: July 06, 2012 09:18AM

2concerned4you Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jen K,
>
> You really don't get how men think. This is what
> men want out of sex--it lasts about 5 minutes, and
> then they get to go to sleep. Then maybe later
> then same thing. And if they give in to the baser
> desires, they'd like it with a different person
> every time, preferably, also one that is about
> 20years old. Everything else that you've heard is
> bs. I'm sure some "sensitive" guys will come on
> here and lie about it, because they are whipped,
> but that's pretty much the biology of it.
>
> Do you want that? I don't think so.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.................. I think I see the root cause of all this hatred towards women who are getting some LoLz. 5 minutes, huh? Yeah, that explains a heck of a lot ROFLMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: legiticus ()
Date: July 06, 2012 10:06AM

2concerned4you Wrote:
> Jen K,
>
>
> Do you want that? I don't think so.

Lame excuses for lame sexual performance. Yeah, keep telling the ladies how they can't possibly comprehend this universal male state-of-mind. That'll totally cover for an inability to fuck your way out of a paper bag.

And the bit on biological wiring and irresistible 20-year-olds? Calling bullshit. The virtue associated with achieving a high quantity of sex partners, in addition to youthfully appealing specimen of partners are considered STATUS BOOSTERS which originated via society rather than inherent to human nature.

Posted by: 2concerned4you ()
Date: July 06, 2012 10:11AM

@Ito,
No, I'm comparing a society where over 50% of the country is on some form of psychotropic mediation, probably 70% if you include Cannabis--where did this epidemic come from?

Moreover, as China's one child policy, and Russia's negligible birthrate demonstrate, this is not a first world problem. Moreover, as the non-replacement birthrates and consequent financial demographic problems demonstrate (in Japan, in Europe, and now in China) if the solution to the worlds problems is forbidding people to breed, we're in for a lot worse problems than we have now.

Finally, I believe the best destiny of both women and men are to be baby makers!

Talk about your first world problems, if you believe people get to "define" themselves, or "choose" what to do with their bodies and lives, well, that's really crazy.

Do maids and janitors get to "define" themselves with their careers? The world still needs ditch diggers, so I guess they'll have to.

To people "choose" not to have cancer, or degenerative chronic diseases? will they ever?

This notion that we get to "choose" to "define" ourselves in any way is not only absurd, it is offensive to the billions who are not able to delude themselves that pushing papers or electrons around in airconditioned offices is in anyway meaningful, or satisfying.

Can't you see how grotesque the implications of what you are forced to argue are? Why are you even arguing this progress shit? Isn't the point here that you should be able to do whatever you want, whenever you want, with whatever orifice you want? But now you have trapped your self into not only arguing that "hey, its my body" but now "hey, things are much better now."

Would you please read Brave New World? Its like you are a parody of that.

And all this so that you can suppress fetus pictures?

Finally Captain Zero. You are really monumentally ignorant.

Contra-ception ("contra" means against, and "ception" means conceive, as in conception) means the "prevention of the fusion of gametes during or after sexual activity" (see wikipedia, or really any dictionary).

You see this thing--conception--happens before birth, roughly nine months or so, and is what Contra-ception is trying to prevent.

Abortion is by definition something else--the killing of someone (or something, if you prefer) already conceived.

Do you really not understand that? its the definitions of the words--the euphemisms like "birth control" or "planned parenthood" are really getting to you there. Only if you totally change the definition of Contraception does it include abortion. And why would you? Then you just have to come up with a new word for that original thing "the prevention of the fusion of gametes during or after sexual activity".

Why would you do that, if the word, based on the latin it is derived from, already describes that, unless you want to confuse the issue, and make the abortion seem like something it is not.

Date: July 06, 2012 10:17AM

@legiticus

Told ya!

I new some whipped loser would have to come on here and try to pretend that in every man is some cuddling, tantric, geriatrico-phile waiting to get out.

You see, the answer that every man give to this type of scolding, is what shows that men and women are different--he shrugs, goes and finds some nubile young thing to bang, and then coyotes his way back to his pad.

"Status boosters" really explains all the hooters, and strip joints. . .

Posted by: Captain 0bvious ()
Date: July 06, 2012 10:34AM

Dissect it any way you please. At the end of the day, abortion is a type of birth control. Conception doesn't pertain to the subject to the extent you're suggesting--the ultimate result of reproductive control and prevention is the consistent desired outcome.

And conception does not equate to the dawn of life, otherwise the fetus would be viable outside of the womb immediately as opposed to 9 months later. Also explains why birthdays indicate the first day out of utero, not the date you were conceived.

Conflating children with embryos is such a fucking logical fallacy, keep talking about my *~ignorance~* and your swell theory on female predetermination to service humanity through bearing children and making proper, ladylike decisions in regards to handling pregnancy.

Date: July 06, 2012 10:48AM

Captain Zero
I call you ignorant because you are ignorant. Contra, from the Latin preposition "contra + acc." meaning against, and Ception, from the latin verb "concipio, concipere" meaning to catch or to conceive.

Its just what the word means. Contraception is just a combination of those two words. Which means that abortion is not contraception, which you said above.

So now you switch to abortion is a type of "birth control", which is again, not what you said above, not to mention that "birth control" is a euphemism, originally for contraception, but now including pretty much anything.

By your reasoning, so would killing the mother and child with a bomb since that also would prevent birth, but you know, rather than all this silly, semantic sophistry, why not just affirm that "Abortion is Good." and be done with it.

Since that's the extent of your reasoning--simple predication--just affirm what you want and be done with it. And stop pretending you are "arguing".

You are just scolding those who disagree with you, because what you believe is "good".

Also, you'll excuse me, given your above evidence reasoning "capacities" from not deferring to your definition of a "logical fallacy".

Pray tell, what are "embryos" if not human beings?

They are alive (that's the point of killing them).

They have human DNA.

And they have unique human DNA.

What are they then? And if you yet again re-define some word, like "human" to exclude a meaning you don't like, how are we going to stop those who want to define others as "not-human" for one reason or another.

And its not like this is some academic debate--defining people as "non-human" has been the cause of most of the atrocities of the 20th century.

But you are probably right--progress will not abide such idle formalities--nothing to see here. . . move along, progress being made. . .

Posted by: Ito ()
Date: July 06, 2012 11:13AM

> Talk about your first world problems, if you believe people get to "define" themselves, or "choose" what to do with their bodies and lives, well, that's really crazy.

How is it crazy that individuals should be free to choose what to do with their lives? Yes, people do get to choose whether they will be janitors, firemen, policemen, construction workers. These might seem like demeaning, base jobs to you, but people who work for a living, regardless of what job they choose, can take pride in what they do. I work in IT for a living, but I have also swung a hammer and have dug a ditch or two. I can tell you that when you dig a really nice ditch with a shovel, it is really satisfying whey you have done it right.

Your world is that we don't have free will. You believe that the Almighty has a "plan" for all of us that we must live by. If you shoot your seed in 5 minutes into a woman, she has to live with the consequences for that for the rest of her life...

> Pray tell, what are "embryos" if not human beings?

> They are alive (that's the point of killing them).

> They have human DNA.

> And they have unique human DNA.

This is the point. Embryos are not human beings any more than eggs you buy at the supermarket are chickens. An embryo does not become a person until it is outside the womb. One of the reasons why we issue birth certificates as proof of who you are is because you do not become a person until you are born.

A woman should get to decide whether she bears a child in a free society. She should have the freedom to choose or not to choose. The government and the church should not be there to tell her whether she will be a servant to another human being for the rest of her life (to raise a child). Thankfully for the human race, 50% of the population frequently do choose to carry a baby for 9 months and then raise that child to adulthood.

Posted by: Captain 0bvious ()
Date: July 06, 2012 12:01PM

2concerned4you Wrote:
> Captain Zero
> I call you ignorant because you are ignorant.
> Contra, from the Latin preposition "contra + acc."
> meaning against, and Ception, from the latin verb
> "concipio, concipere" meaning to catch or to
> conceive.
>
> Its just what the word means. Contraception is
> just a combination of those two words. Which means
> that abortion is not contraception, which you said
> above.
>
> So now you switch to abortion is a type of "birth
> control", which is again, not what you said above,
> not to mention that "birth control" is a
> euphemism, originally for contraception, but now
> including pretty much anything.
>
> By your reasoning, so would killing the mother and
> child with a bomb since that also would prevent
> birth, but you know, rather than all this silly,
> semantic sophistry, why not just affirm that
> "Abortion is Good." and be done with it.
>
> Since that's the extent of your reasoning--simple
> predication--just affirm what you want and be done
> with it. And stop pretending you are "arguing".
>
> You are just scolding those who disagree with you,
> because what you believe is "good".
>
> Also, you'll excuse me, given your above evidence
> reasoning "capacities" from not deferring to your
> definition of a "logical fallacy".
>
> Pray tell, what are "embryos" if not human beings?
>
>
> They are alive (that's the point of killing
> them).
>
> They have human DNA.
>
> And they have unique human DNA.
>
> What are they then? And if you yet again re-define
> some word, like "human" to exclude a meaning you
> don't like, how are we going to stop those who
> want to define others as "not-human" for one
> reason or another.
>
> And its not like this is some academic
> debate--defining people as "non-human" has been
> the cause of most of the atrocities of the 20th
> century.
>
> But you are probably right--progress will not
> abide such idle formalities--nothing to see here.
> . . move along, progress being made. . .

Oooh, go on with your bad self! Black & white concrete cognition is sure to extinguish all opponents.

If a proverbial embryo is human by virtue of its unique DNA, jizz is a person too, along with hair strands.

The reason you're up against disapproval does not boil down to an urgency to be agreed with. More like, your ideology has readily identified you as a holier-than-thou, self-righteous prick relying on misguided analogies and prejudice in attempt to distribute guilt and blame where it doesn't belong.

No point in further elaboration from my end, granted every exchange falls on deaf ears.

Posted by: @2concerned4you ()
Date: July 06, 2012 12:14PM

"What is 'life outside the home'? spending 8-10 mandatory hours per day with people who really neither like nor respect you?"

Ha! You just described most kids.

But seriously, you really are a misogynistic troglodyte.

Date: July 06, 2012 12:19PM

"Black & white concrete cognition"?

WTF is that?

What you got from me was cold, clear logic.

Its not DNA which makes you a person, its unique HUMAN DNA that indicates that something is not just a part of you (like hair or semen), but rather something or someone in their own right.

Its up to you come up with a definition for it.

Anyway, i don't really care what you think of me. What I do care to do is to show, as you have most admirably (thanks for that!) is that your entire ideology boils down to "Abortion is Good."

Here's the syllogisms:

Birth control is necessary for the way things are now.

the way things are now is good.

Birth control is good.

Abortion is birth control.

Abortion is good.

Except those pictures don't really go with that affirmation.

Which is why people object to them.

But as one of the people who stand out on that corner with the pictures, I don't really care if you object to them. In fact, that's kind of the point.

Which is why some people above have to say--"well, someone should really remove those pictures"

Which is what this thread was about in the first place.

Posted by: gianni ()
Date: July 06, 2012 12:19PM

I get the impression that if team pro-life actually cared about reducing or ending the need for abortion, they'd push for access to preventative contraception alternatives like condoms, hormonal birth control and the like, in addition to supporting causes such as comprehensive sex ed programs versus the typically favored abstinence-only youth lectures.

Wonder why the movement hasn't attempted to accomplish any of the above alternatives. Wait. No I don't.

Date: July 06, 2012 12:25PM

The reason why, gianni, is because many on team pro life, like catholics, believe contraception itself is nearly as bad as abortion, but you already knew that.

Date: July 06, 2012 12:26PM

Every sperm is sacred.

the UFO was for me, by FAR, the best part of the movie......
Date: July 06, 2012 12:53PM

oh you CANNOT do that without the link, Ito - SHAME ON YOU!!!!!

Re: the UFO was for me, by FAR, the best part of the movie......
Date: July 06, 2012 12:58PM

@gianni - cause the ppl you see on the street harrassing women dont really care about the issue - they are getting off on the power trip. They are getting off on making the women going to the clinics feel like shit. They care more about that than they do those women actually getting help.
They hate the fact that women have access to things that make them sexually free, and hate the type of women who even WANT to be sexually free. That's why they have their "message" tailored the way they do.

It's all about power tripin, yo. Same as any other rapist, really. Targeting women to get control over their body.

Date: July 06, 2012 12:58PM

good scene

Re: the UFO was for me, by FAR, the best part of the movie......
Date: July 06, 2012 01:00PM

@Capt O - like 2con said to you last..............
"..............Which is what this thread was about in the first place."

which, translated, means...................
Attachments:
niggas posting in a troll thread.jpg

Date: July 06, 2012 01:03PM

@Gorgo,

LOL!

That's some wild psychologizing there!

How bout the obvious reason stated above--that the intent of the pictures is in fact to make women feel like shit, so they will stop having abortions?

notice on the first page of the thread when 2con was all "oh NOES!! We arent asswipes"
Date: July 06, 2012 01:19PM

well at least you are finally admitting that you want women to feel like shit when they drive past the pictures.

which of course, is the textbook definition..............
Attachments:
AssholeBadge[3].jpg

Posted by: gianni ()
Date: July 06, 2012 01:42PM

2concerned4you Wrote:
> The reason why, gianni, is because many on team
> pro life, like catholics, believe contraception
> itself is nearly as bad as abortion, but you
> already knew that.

Sure as shit...but I ask, how might the cause reach further audiences and gain traction without the proposal of a feasible solution to abortion? Without at least one pro-life approved (and largely reliable) resource geared at family planning and/or STD prevention, abstinence is the assumed answer. Realistically, advising long-term celibacy at least until marriage hasn't proven successful and is also problematic; we're damned using artificial birth control and further damned should the lack of protection inspire others to look into abortion once it's too late.

Date: July 06, 2012 02:29PM

of course, they could stop going for the abortion and not feel like shit anymore. But really, is the purpose of life just not to feel shitty? Is it the worst thing in the world to feel remorse? Or maybe the thing that you are contemplating doing or did is worse. . . I'm sure deadbeat dads feel shitty once in a while for having left their kids, or maybe even rapists feel shitty . . . how come no one is out there defending their right not to feel shitty. . .

Date: July 06, 2012 02:51PM

See what I mean, people? They arent interested in not stopping abortions as much as they are into making women feel shitty...............

And you know this is true cause if they were REALLY into stopping abortion, they'd do it the same way ppl sale brats dolls - they'd do something cool and interesting

or at least try....................

but no - they'd rather make women feel shitty

the whole "we are trying to protect children" message is not the true reason behind it all or else they'd be using a more effect method to deliver their cause. It's crazy. Who the hell else other than pro-lifers and Al Qida (Al-Queda? Al-Kida? Al-Coo-Coo if you ask me LoLz) uses vile imagery in order to promote their cause?

edit: I've been asked to point out that yeah, not ALL pro-lifers are like the sign & harassment assholes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2012 03:07PM by Gordon Blvd.

Date: July 06, 2012 03:52PM

you mean other than you--see your sunscreen post on this tread.

Save the pretense of offence. I'm sure your little sunscreen pic makes the "bitches" feel grrrrreat.

And the point is stopping people from choosing to have abortions not stopping abortions.

God, through nature, induces abortions all the time. Just like God, through nature, kills people all the time.

The problem is when men do these things for themselves and their own convenience.

and they always wanna bring God into it like He approves of their bullshit, y'know?
Date: July 06, 2012 04:25PM

not "bitches", but "bitch"
you in particular

but beyond that point, funny how you can't conceive of "bitch" beyond the gender role that your feeble mind has associated with it. I think you are a bitch and I have no idea what yr gender is, yo. And could really care less.

Anyways, the point TRULY "is stopping people from choosing to have abortions" then you would be putting that message in a more appealing light same as any other advertiser.

But trying to work on the problem as a whole isnt as much fun as targeting women at a weak moment in their life. Worst part is that you are shitting all over Christ - taking His message and using it to hurt ppl purposely. And as you yourself pointed out:

Date: July 06, 2012 01:03PM
"that the intent of the pictures is in fact to make women feel like shit"

And in the name of the Holy Spirit y'all do this. Which is, of course, why we call you guys asswipes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2012 04:26PM by Gordon Blvd.
Attachments:
raise.jpg

Date: July 06, 2012 04:43PM

> God, through nature, induces abortions all the time. Just like God, through nature, kills people all the time.

Yes. Its God's will. The imaginary friend who sees all and controls everything in the universe. He's the one that plants the seed and it is man's folly to interfere with his great plan.

As others have pointed out, the concern for the embryo is not the big concern here. It is moral legislation. The pro-lifers are obsessed with oppressing women, just like the Taliban. Praise be to Allah that conservative values always keep the woman in her place, barefoot, pregnant, breastfeeding and locked away out of sight.

The concept of original sin in traditional societies usually place the blame for lust on the woman -- she is the temptress who makes men do lustful things. She bares the blame for being a slut, a whore, or a "loose woman" for giving in to the sin of sex outside the blessed union before God.

It is because of backwards views like this that vibrators and sexual lubricants can't be sold in the Bible belt. In conservative societies in Africa, they practice female circumcision to prevent a woman from even possibly enjoying the act of sex.

2con4u is disgusted by your photo Gordon, because the implication that a man could ejaculate anywhere else but inside a vagina is SIN! A black spot on your soul that Jesus will remember forever. On judgement day, a man will stand at the pearly gates with a big book. It will list all the sinful thoughts and actions of you wretched fornicators.

Its not just the abortion that is wrong, its the whole act of sex if done without intent of creating a child in wedlock. Its also the concept that women are second class citizens. Their role is to have babies and raise the family, while the man is free to do what he wants.

We have spent a decade fighting the Taliban and religious extremists in Afghanistan and the Middle East. The ironic thing is that we have our own religious extremism right here.

Posted by: AntiZealot ()
Date: July 06, 2012 05:41PM

2concerned4you Wrote:

oh. weren't you on soapbox professing god's noble expectations of mankind which only permits fucking for your future families thus any unrelated incentives to knock boots warrants damnation?

that big guy in the sky sure has a sense of humor, no doubt about it. dude cursed a number of men whence he placed timers set at 5 minute-limits on their dongs & then placed another hex upon various women, unable or uninterested in fulfilling the lord's orders to treat her vajay-jay as if it were a clown car, akin to the capacity which St. Michelle Duggar has achieved.

Date: July 06, 2012 06:35PM

@ Gorgon
So now we've progressed from the poor children who can't be made to look at the pictures, to the poor women who shouldn't be exposed to them because it makes them feel shitty.

And Jesus too--that's a stretch! I not sure I'm really convinced of your concern for him--like that sin is what is responsible for his torture and death, sins like abortion, fornication, contraception, and pornography. Apparently its for some soppy sentimentality like "oh your spreading hate". Please.

Try to pick a single violin, and play that one--it makes it easier for people to generate the schmaltzy sentimentality that you think passes for assent.

@Ito
"Its not just the abortion that is wrong, its the whole act of sex if done without intent of creating a child in wedlock."

Bingo! Ding ding ding ding! That's it! That's the point! That's why the purpose isn't to lessen the number of abortions by bribing people with federal aid and giving them free contraception (though with all the clinics around, you'd have to be an idiot to pay for it nowadays) its to stop people for hurting themselves by making the choice to contracept or have an abortion, which can add murder to sin..

I don't know why you think this is such a discovery--the Catholic Church still excommunicates anyone who has an abortion or who participates in it.

@AntiZ

yep I was. I was just distinguishing between the biological elements of sex drive as experienced differently by men and women. This has all kinds of big science words like testosterone, oxytocin. . . to back it up, so I suggest you move along, and get back to listening to Depeche Mode..

Date: July 06, 2012 09:10PM

Re: Pro life demonstration on lee hwy new
Date: July 06, 2012 06:35PM

So now we've progressed from the poor children who can't be made to look at the pictures, to the poor women who shouldn't be exposed to them because it makes them feel shitty.
-----------------------------------------------------------
A:where did I say anything about children looking at anything? That crazy-thing is again messin' with yr head.........

----------------------------------------------------------------

And Jesus too--that's a stretch! I not sure I'm really convinced of your concern for him--like that sin is what is responsible for his torture and death, sins like abortion, fornication, contraception, and pornography. Apparently its for some soppy sentimentality like "oh your spreading hate". Please.

Try to pick a single violin, and play that one--it makes it easier for people to generate the schmaltzy sentimentality that you think passes for assent.
----------------------------
a: So because you question my love for Him, it's ok to shit on His name, is that your reasoning? Pathetic, if true. Sad straw man (again?) approach if false.

But whatevs. You can stick yr fingers in yr ears and pretend that your intentional bullying of women isnt a sin all you want. Or is it that one sin makes your sin ok? Normal people dont think like that. And I know Christ didnt roll like that.

pic unrelated
Attachments:
jesus-fucking-stutter.jpg

Posted by: Ukyxv ()
Date: July 06, 2012 09:34PM

Free speech is about ideas. There is no idea being conveyed in these images. Therefore, like goatse, these images are not speech and can be regulated.

Hell, you can't show a nipple in public in VA (see Cuccinelli covering up the Virginia seal), but you can show a preschooler dismembered corpses? That's fucked up.

Hell, I think these protestors are twisted in the brain and fucked up to show those images in public to little kids. Seriously, what sort of perv does that? I have relatives that travel down here every January for the pro-life march, and they were livid that some asshat would show those pictures on a street corner, but because it's distasteful, but also because the potential backlash against the movement.

Date: July 06, 2012 11:56PM

"If you love me keep my word"

That's what Jesus said about love for him.

And what was his word--it was that not a single jot or title of the old law was to be abrogated, but the entirety was to be obeyed not only in spirit but in letter.

Of fornication and adultery, he said that even considering it was tantamount to committing it.

And this is what he meant by love one another as I have loved you--because he says that's what loving him means--to keep the commandments.

He also said that he came not to bring peace but a sword, and to light a fire for which he eagerly anticipated the burning. Then he picked up a whip, and made the money changers feel "shitty."

@ukyxv

I think the above exchange has shown, its not the images, its the intent ("thought police 10-4) and it seems to be the same intent show by people who pray the rosary outside of clinics. . . or whatever. . . That they intend to give witness, i mean make women who want abortions feel shitty.

Just like im sure John the Baptist made Herod feel shitty. And Herodias and Salome, for that matter. And they were women. So that's the crime. Saying things which cannot be heard.

Date: July 07, 2012 01:01AM

I believe there is a verse that says, "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone."

Thankfully the U.S. is not yet a theocracy so quoting verses from your hocus pocus book means nothing to us heathens. Christianity would have remained a bizarre cult had Constantine not decided to make it the state religion of the Byzantine Empire.

Its ironic that we are in the 21st Century, typing on computers and we're still dealing with a religion that dominated the middle ages with debates of how many angels could dance on the head of a pin.

Can we please advance beyond the superstition? If everyone can figure out that there is no Santa Claus by age 6, how is it that people can't get past the idea that there is no sky daddy who keeps a list and checks it twice and knows if we are naughty and nice?

Litmus test: Its ok if you pray to god, but if he talks back to you, they come and put you in a loony bin. (Unless you are a televangelist)

Date: July 07, 2012 08:56AM

@ito
I was just responding to Gorgo's latest fraud, that he was offended on behalf of Jesus, and then offended at my disbelief of that

And, in response to your verse, the very idea of showing the pictures is to stop the sin at all.

But your remark betrays your central argument--that you, and by extension those going to get an abortion are going to go ahead an do it anyway, regardless of the horror of having to look at a picture of what they're about to do

Isn't it ironic (proper use of that word) that when you go in for most surgeries, doctors can't wait to show you pictures of what they are about to do--ultrasounds, colonoscopys, heart surgeries--you practically have to watch of those TLC videos which are always on--you know the ones, no not the gastric bypass ones, and not the conjoined twin separating ones, but the ones about open heart surgery.

Anyway its ironic that people are supposed to look at these with wonder, curiousity and admiration, and yet the comparatively dull fetus pictures are so hurtful and offensive.

Someone really ought to do something about The Learning Channel, and PBS Nova, and afternoon syndicated doctor shows, so that the kids don't have to see it

Date: July 07, 2012 09:25AM

@Ito - yr litmus test is broken cause ppl get talked back to from God everyday. Just reality, bro. You may not believe, but by calling ppl who hear (or for your sake of argument, feel they hear) from God "Crazy" like that is disrespectful to them same way as if I called you out yr name simply for not believing.
If I respect yr Atheism, you should respect my Christianity, fair enough? Believe me when I tell you there is a VAST DIFFERENCE between any large organized religion and the True Spirit of God so dont buy what you hear off the TV LoLz

Re: Pro life demonstration on lee hwy new
Date: July 07, 2012 08:56AM

Someone really ought to do something about The Learning Channel, and PBS Nova, and afternoon syndicated doctor shows, so that the kids don't have to see it

a: we normal ppl have such a thing called an "off switch". Part of that "progress" thingee we were talking about earlier.

Newsflash! Doesnt matter if you offend me. This thread has not a thing to do with me (PRO TIP!: If you notice, you are the only one who cares about what I think). I just think it's pathetic that someone who pretends to be Loyal Catholic uses Christ intentionally to hurt, as you stated you do............if indeed you are into posting these pictures in the Name and Blood of Christ. Is this true or am I mistaken? Are these actions being done in His Name or not?

Date: July 07, 2012 10:10AM

I don't have to respect your Christianity. Its a free country and people are free to believe what they want, but I don't have to endorse a religion or ignore its fallacies of logic.

If someone tries to reinforce their argument on a subject by quoting me their horoscope I am going to call them out on it.

Gordon, if you are going to try to point out that the pro-life crowd are doing something that is un-Christian, you are going to find yourself fighting against two millennia of the church quoting scripture to condone all sorts of horrific acts and policies.

Also, you are arguing against the majority view of Christianity here. They are firmly on the side of 2con4u. As he points out, the Vatican's official view is that the protesters on the street are doing God's work. This is the business of the Christian theology: shaming sinners for their sin. Repent and be saved.

My argument is that if you are willing to delude yourself into believing in talking snakes, angels interceding in daily lives, a divine being who knows all and sees all, then you have a flaw in your logical reasoning. If you think a man with a funny hat and smoking purse in Rome is infallible, then you must also believe that his word on this subject is also right. He believes that abortion is a sin. If you believe that abortion is a sin, then it only follows that you will do anything to prevent this "murder" from taking place.

In that way, I can understand 2con4u's views, and those of the pro-life movement -- because they are the consistent with the teachings of their church. If you believe in the concept of sin, then you must understand that public shaming of sinners is part of the belief system.

However, if you are free from all of this and can make your decisions on your own without having all of this nonsense as your cultural reference, you will look at the situation and see maniacs holding up signs of mutilated fetuses to scared teenagers who are about to undergo a medical procedure. You see a religion trying to impose its backwards beliefs on others.

When you read about the atrocities of the Taliban, you will see they are not very different.

Posted by: Sanduski ()
Date: July 07, 2012 10:28AM

Bless the children...
Attachments:
god2.jpg

Date: July 07, 2012 10:41AM

> Isn't it ironic (proper use of that word) that when you go in for most surgeries, doctors can't wait to show you pictures of what they are about to do--

This is not what doctors do. They might explain the procedure, but they don't show you pictures of what the procedure looks like before performing it. This is akin to a restaurant showing how chickens are slaughtered on the menu.

the book of Gordon
Date: July 07, 2012 10:49AM

@Ito - You dont, it is, and they are LoLz. However, if you want to present your case in a truly effective dialogue, you're gonna want to learn how to respect the other side's P.O.V.

I grew up in a Baptist household as a kid. Family's HEAVY into it. I became agnostic, then Atheist in college. You cannot even BEGIN to imagine the debates in religious doctrine I would get into with my buds who where Campus Christians - boy, did I get to hear a lot of ppl's reasoning behind God, etc. I taught a lot and learned a lot - lesson #1: God is real, but has not a THING to do with anything you've read in any book, that's for sure LoLz.

Me, I believe in God, but I dont buy the message that you and 2con have bought regarding that the Vatican is God, or that just cause someone in a church tells you something, that you dont have to question it. I follow the Christian path cause it's what I know and it's a GREAT guide if you use it with a little common sense and understand it's a buncha books put together, for a reason and you cant use all the rules from 2 billion years ago like it makes sense now. Others follow different paths - I dont judge them at all - in fact, I reckon we are all heading to the same place, just taking different ways, is all.....................as long as we are all trying to help out, that is.

I mean, you want ppl to hear what you have to say, right? And you make some pretty intelligent points I know I cant argue. 2con-types and Taliban are soooooooooooooooooooooooooo not too far apart, it makes me cry to know they are in this country. But they always have been. They loved that dude when he was blowing up clinics and gay clubs down south and only really turned on him after he murdered that Turkish Camera dude and that old lady in Atlanta in 96 ( in the middle of our fucking Olympics..............asshole.)

But you need to know that not all Christians are clones - dont believe the media hype. The Christ I know and love trashed a church cause it was just like McLean Bible Church (Matt 21) and ended up getting arrested for doing shit like that for the simple reason that the Megachurhes when he was alive were full of shit same way they are now.

Anywho, all I'm saying is that if you want to make an Atheist discussion among believers of faith, and you are not respecting the believers, then you are just as bad as 2con on the side of the road. I mean, yeah, you're right - You dont have to respect shit - ESPECIALLY the bullshit I say LoLz.............but if you want a more fruitful dialogue (and dont wanna be "just another asswipe") yr gonna want to learn to respect others, definitely when it comes to religion.

Unless you want to be an asshole. But then yr just like 2con and the Taliban then, y'know?

Re: the book of Gordon
Date: July 07, 2012 10:52AM

@Sandusky!!! +1
Attachments:
hypocrisy_.jpeg

Date: July 07, 2012 10:59AM

@Ito,
Sure they do, and i note you pass over the televised examples.

Date: July 07, 2012 11:11AM

@Gorgo

So then if the tv has an off switch, the passers by at the clinic also have eyelids and are able to turn their heads.

But what it proves is that he images are not so disturbing they aren't shown elsewhere, but rather its reflecting on the intended action that is disturbing. Which is the point.

ps. I don't think i offend you at all.

This is another one of your fraudulent poses for arguments.

Its a kind of brinksmanship where you attempt to scold people off arguments by saying they are offensive.

But its silly because even if you believe it, I don't intend to offend you or say anything inherently offensive. I'm just pretty much stating the facts of the position--why the people hold up the signs, and why others object to them.

And Its is right about this "This is the business of the Christian theology: shaming sinners for their sin. Repent and be saved."

From the Pharisees, to the Sadducees, to Herod, to Judas, Jesus and his followers were pretty candid about calling out sinners, and calling them to repentance. And they called this Charity--the love of God for his own sake and the love of creatures for him.

And I note you are yet again exploiting victims to call your opponents names--now blaming all catholics for pedophilia, and I'm sure the victims of pedophilia love being invoked against self-serving screeds against the church.

So why don't you go back to pretending your are offended on behalf of the women who are made to feel "shitty."

Posted by: sandusky ()
Date: July 07, 2012 11:12AM

Gordon Blvd Rocks +1
Attachments:
ballsy_halloween_costume.jpg

Re: the book of Gordon
Date: July 07, 2012 11:20AM

@Gordon

I would never attack anyone for their religious beliefs, per se. I have traveled the world and have been to St. Peter's in Rome a number of times. Last year I was in St. Sophia in Istanbul. Also last year I spent a month in India where I spent 3 days in Varanasi on the Ganges River -- a truly moving experience. I have spent so much time traveling through Europe and Russia, I can't tell you how many churches and cathedrals I have been to.

I have read the bible and most of a translation of the Koran. I grew up in a community that was mostly Jewish (my family is not).

So in short, I have been a student of religion and philosophy. I admire those who can live their lives based on the core teachings of any religion.

However...

If you are going to use your religious beliefs to legislate, as a means to govern other's behavior, then you are making a mistake. If you feel that your own mythology entitles you to a lack of human compassion or logic in the public sphere, you deserve to be called out for a failure in logic.

I am largely agreeing with your viewpoint that most Christians are somehow able to separate their cultural beliefs from their faith. Again, though, if you REALLY believe in Santa Claus, then you must believe that you will get coal in your stocking if you do naughty things. If you believe that there is a spirit created by god when you receive the spark of life, the pro-life argument is the logical conclusion. That is the main reason why this discussion can never go anywhere. That is why true believers can't fathom the logic of evolution or any other scientific reasoning that goes against their "teachings".

Date: July 07, 2012 11:22AM

@Ito
And Ito I respect your honesty about the opposing position, and its consistency, even if you find it repulsive and idiotic.

But just to clarify one element--Catholics and many other non-Catholic pro-lifers believe that Abortion is not a religious prohibition, like eating meat on certain days or other commands that come from religious devotion--they believe it is against the Natural Law.

I know many find the phrase "natural law" quaint, but the founders obviously believe in it (see the Declaration of Independence). And some actions which go against the natural law (murder. . . ) must be publicly forbidden for the sake of public order and the common good.

Thats the position, anyway. . .

Date: July 07, 2012 01:07PM

@2con- well, putting nasty pics up like that on the side of the road is most CERTAINLY against "natural law"...................... Thats the position, anyway. . .

@Ito - in my lifetime, I have learned that at least for me yes, you get coal in yr stocking if you do naughty things. But you get really cool prizes for playing the game and walking "The Path" best you can. And it has nothing to do with any particular book as much as it has to do with the gush between yr ears and the hands at the ends of yr arms and what you choose to do with both, y'know? I cant say for others as they are..........well, other LoLz.

But there are TONS of true believers who fathom the logic of evolution - in fact the guy who taught me the Theory of Evolution (6th Grade science teacher) was a BIG into Jesus, funny enough. I was too young to know there was an issue about it even though I do remember him bringing up Scopes.

Anywho, I'm a True Believer and I know dinosaurs existed and evolution works. I believe in a "spark of life" sure. But I also believe that human development, the "stuff" that makes you you isnt there for quite some time. Others believe other things. That's why you cant lump all Believers together, is all I'm saying.

and oh yeah ....FUCK using religions beliefs to legislate!

pic unrelated
Attachments:
gay-marriage-bible-us.jpg

Posted by: Steeped in Hypocrisy ()
Date: July 07, 2012 02:38PM

Pretty funny we just had a monster thread on sluts and now they complain about sluts getting abortions.

They complain about more people claiming disability and food stamps yet clamor for more military spending and wars.

The problem is that some people are insulated from the consequences of their actions, and it's not just the woman getting the abortion or the kid going on welfare.

Posted by: sandusky ()
Date: July 08, 2012 08:17AM

Hypocrisy....
Attachments:
godless.jpg

Posted by: MIKE WHITE ()
Date: October 11, 2012 11:21PM

IF THE RIGHTWING ZELOTS WOULD PUT THEAR RETORHIC&HATEFULL HEARTS DOWN,& PUT THEIR MONEY WHEAR THEIR MOUTH IS ,AND BE WILLING TO TAKE CARE OF THES BABIES. BILLIONS OF DOLLARS SPENT TOWARDS THE RIGHT TO LIFE CAMPAIN & OUTRAGES LAWS BEING PUT ON WOMANS LIVES , AT THE SAME TIME TRYING TO LEGISLATE END TO BIRTH CONTROL OMG I FEEL LIKE I LIVE IN A CONTRADICTION BUBLE WITH PEOPLE THAT WILL NOT WORK WITH SOME DEMS TO DO SOMTHING EVERYONE CAN LIVE WITH,YOU WANT IT YOUR WAY PERIOD , I AM 56 YEARS OLD WITH THREE BEUTIFULL CHLDREN HAVE ALLWAYS LIVED PAYCHECK TO PAYCHECK MY WIFE WAS A STAY AT HOME MOM WE LOVE OUR KIDS VERY MUCH AND WE COULD NEVER USE ANY THING LIKE ABORTION TO MAKE OUR LIVES BETTER , BUT I WILL ALLWAYS FIGHT FOR A FAMILY OR WOMANS RIGHT TO CHOOSE, AND IF I HAD LISTEND TO MY CONSERVITIVE FAMILY WHEN MY WIFE WAS PREGNANT MY CHLDREN WOULD NOT BE HEAR TODAY,SO I WOULD NEVER NEVER TRY TO TELL ANYONE WHAT THEY SHOULD DO,LET ALONE ALOWING THE GOVERNMENT TO MAKE THIS DECISION,AND ENFORCE THES PROPOSED DRACONION LAWS. BY THE WAY I THOUT YOU WANTED LESS GOVERNMENT ? FREE SPEACH FOR EMBREOS?. ALL THIS NONSENS WOULD LEAD TO BIBLE LEGISTRATION,WHAT NEXT DEATH PENALTY FOR MISING THE SABOTH ? AND I DO BELIEV IN JESUS , BUT WILL NEVER GO BACK TO A CHURCH THAT TEACHES BOLONIE, RIGHT WING HATE, AND INTOLORANCE FOR ALL OTHER RELIGIONS

Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.