HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Justin Wolfe's Mom Still Doesn't Get It
Posted by: Justice for Druggies ()
Date: June 29, 2012 08:16PM

On Monday, Justin Wolfe's mom, Terri Steinberg, related how her son’s original death row conviction affected her family.

“It was an incredible sadness that we faced every day,” she said. “Neighbors seemed to keep their distance and treated us as though we had something contagious. My 4-year-old daughter didn’t understand of course, and would write letters to Santa Claus every year asking him to bring her brother home. We explained it all to her when she turned 11.”

Steinberg said for 10 years her son has been kept in solitary confinement 24 hours per day in a 6-by 8-foot cell that contained only a bed, a toilet and a sink.

“I worry about how that environment has affected him,” she said. “I worry even more that in the last 10 years he has seen 18 men — the very men who befriended him and taught him how to survive on death row — go to their deaths. When Justin first got to his Death Row cell, he was given only a thin mattress and a rough blanket. The other men on death row, these so-called ‘monsters’ gave Justin their own magazines and other items, so that he could have something that was his own. I have looked into the eyes of these so-called monsters and I have seen compassion, not people who committed horrible crimes. That is one of the reasons I oppose the death penalty.”

According to Steinberg, one of the men who befriended her son and was later executed was John Allen Muhammad, the Beltway sniper responsible for a Washington, D.C.-area shooting spree that resulted in 10 deaths.

“Even this man who was the poster-child for why the death penalty exists, later showed compassion and often shared his vegetables with Justin, who he liked,” Steinberg said.” Before he was executed, Muhammad wrote me a letter that said ‘If I get any relief in my case, I will ask that your son go home first.’”

http://www.fairfaxtimes.com/article/20120628/NEWS/706299999/1117/speaking-out-against-virginia-s-death-penalty&template=fairfaxTimes

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Justin Wolfe's Mom Still Doesn't Get It
Posted by: 2 cents ()
Date: June 29, 2012 08:28PM

She's talking about her son. Really, what would you expect?

Posted by: mr holder ()
Date: June 29, 2012 08:34PM

Too bad she wasnt as involved in his life before he began dealing drugs.

Posted by: Oscar Mantana ()
Date: June 29, 2012 08:53PM

FACE!!!

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: June 29, 2012 10:09PM

2 cents Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> She's talking about her son. Really, what would
> you expect?

+1, one can't blame a mother for saying these things.

Posted by: To Terri ()
Date: June 29, 2012 10:22PM

So sorry about your loss. Do you have any advice for other parents of teens. Were there any signs? New car? Lots of cash? Anything at all that you might have noticed?

Posted by: joeblow ()
Date: June 29, 2012 11:08PM

^yah if you suspect your kid is doing something wrong your probably right. And if you don't suspect anything at all then your an being ignorant to whats happening around you.

Just be an involved parent, total independance is for when a kid moves out. In the end if your kid F*'s up when you should have been paying more attention as a parent then they will blame you later in life.

Posted by: justin wolfe ()
Date: June 30, 2012 12:22AM

Fuck you mom. I like it in here. Hows ur asshole. Mine is grrrrreat

Posted by: Huh???? ()
Date: June 30, 2012 01:20AM

John Allen Mohammed, the beltway sniper is (was) a "So-Called" monster? Good grief.

Posted by: Fu ()
Date: June 30, 2012 07:08AM

Yup, Mohammed is so sweet. He may have killed 10 people but he gave my kid extra veggies.......unfuckinbelievable.

This whore should be executed next.

Posted by: The Realist ()
Date: June 30, 2012 08:20AM

Well geez , if she has looked into their eyes and seen compassion, that's good enough for me! Let's let them out! Surely the mother od a high school kid that dealt millions of dollars worth of pot while living under her roof is MORE than qualified to determine who is an who isn't fit to live among us. Maybe she should talk to the families of the people who were killed or raped or both by the men who loaned her son some magazines before she uses that magnanimous act as a criteria for calling them compassionate. What an egotistical, narcisstic woman. I wonder what she is going to do when her son is released and she can't get in the paper anymore

Posted by: McGruff - The Crime Dog! ()
Date: June 30, 2012 01:14PM

Speaking out against Virginia’s death penalty
For mother of death row inmate, battle for son’s freedom enters second decade
by Gregg MacDonald, Staff Writer
http://www.fairfaxtimes.com/article/20120628/NEWS/706299999/1117/speaking-out-against-virginia-s-death-penalty&template=fairfaxTimes

The mother of a Chantilly man on Virginia’s death row spoke out against the death penalty this week in Reston, relating the hardships her family faces as it tries to get him acquitted.

Terri Steinberg’s son, Justin M. Wolfe, 31, has been on death row for 10 years.

In July 2011, Judge Raymond A. Jackson of the U.S. District Court in Norfolk vacated Wolfe’s murder conviction and death sentence on grounds he was denied constitutional rights.

“But the state appealed that ruling and Justin still sits on Death Row,” Steinberg told an audience Monday at St. John Neumann Catholic Church.

Steinberg was one of three speakers who called for the abolishment of the death penalty in Virginia, as part a forum sponsored by the group Virginians for Alternatives to the Death Penalty.

A 1999 graduate of Chantilly High School, Wolfe was convicted in 2002 of ordering the 2001 killing of Daniel Robert Petrole Jr., a community college student and Centreville High School graduate.

The slaying exposed a massive drug ring that supplied a large segment of Northern Virginia with a high-grade marijuana.

Petrole sat atop the regional ring, supplying Wolfe and others with multiple pounds of marijuana on a regular basis, according to testimony at Wolfe’s 2002 trial.

A Prince William County jury convicted Wolfe primarily on the words of another former Chantilly student, Owen Merton Barber IV.

According to court documents and testimony, Barber gunned down Petrole after stalking him for more than an hour. As Petrole parked his car in front of his newly-purchased townhouse in the Braemar community of Bristow in Prince William County, Barber walked up to the passenger side of Petrole's car and fired his weapon into the victim. Barber pleaded guilty and received a life sentence instead of the death penalty for testifying against Wolfe.

According to court records, police found nearly 50 pounds of marijuana, more than $130,000 in cash, a large quantity of Ecstasy pills, several weapons and body armor in Petrole's house. They also found a list of people who owed Petrole money, including Wolfe.

Wolfe maintained his innocence in Petrole’s killing, although he also was convicted of several drug and weapons charges. He briefly fled the area after Petrole's death, and later claimed he was scared of receiving drug charges as police investigated the killing. He then turned himself in to police, hoping to persuade prosecutors he had nothing to do with the killing.

“He said to me, ‘Mom, they think I had something to do with Danny’s death,’” said Steinberg. “He said to me, ‘I have to clear my name.’”

In court, Barber admitted killing Petrole, but in December 2005 in a 13-page affidavit he recanted his claim that Wolfe ordered or had any part in the killing.

In that 2005 affidavit, Barber stated: "Justin [Wolfe] had nothing to do with the killing of Daniel Petrole. There was no agreement between Justin and me to kill Danny Petrole. I did not have any discussion, at any time, with Justin about killing Danny Petrole. I lied and implicated Justin because I felt I had no choice."

Barber detailed in the affidavit alleged pressure put on him by Prince William County prosecutors — led by Commonwealth’s Attorney Paul Ebert — and his own defense attorney, to testify against Wolfe or face a possible death sentence. Ebert did not return phone calls left for him.

In 2010, an order from the U.S. Eastern District Court of Virginia for a new evidentiary hearing cleared the way for material not originally presented in court, including evidence the defense thought was withheld that could have benefitted Wolfe, such as recordings of interviews with witnesses, as well as Barber's affidavit.

This order led to the 2011 overturning of Wolfe’s conviction, which the state appealed. A decision stemming from that hearing is pending.

On Monday, Steinberg related how her son’s original death row conviction affected her family.

“It was an incredible sadness that we faced every day,” she said. “Neighbors seemed to keep their distance and treated us as though we had something contagious. My 4-year-old daughter didn’t understand of course, and would write letters to Santa Claus every year asking him to bring her brother home. We explained it all to her when she turned 11.”

Steinberg said for 10 years her son has been kept in solitary confinement 24 hours per day in a 6-by 8-foot cell that contained only a bed, a toilet and a sink.

“I worry about how that environment has affected him,” she said. “I worry even more that in the last 10 years he has seen 18 men — the very men who befriended him and taught him how to survive on death row — go to their deaths. When Justin first got to his Death Row cell, he was given only a thin mattress and a rough blanket. The other men on death row, these so-called ‘monsters’ gave Justin their own magazines and other items, so that he could have something that was his own. I have looked into the eyes of these so-called monsters and I have seen compassion, not people who committed horrible crimes. That is one of the reasons I oppose the death penalty.”

According to Steinberg, one of the men who befriended her son and was later executed was John Allen Muhammad, the Beltway sniper responsible for a Washington, D.C.-area shooting spree that resulted in 10 deaths.

“Even this man who was the poster-child for why the death penalty exists, later showed compassion and often shared his vegetables with Justin, who he liked,” Steinberg said.” Before he was executed, Muhammad wrote me a letter that said ‘If I get any relief in my case, I will ask that your son go home first.’”

For now, Steinberg said her son’s coming home is contingent on a decision by appeals court Judge Robert King.

“Now we will just wait for a decision,” she said. “We were told it could be anytime between now and September. …One way or another Justin will go home, but right now I don’t know if it will be to me — or to the Almighty Father in Heaven.”

Gregg MacDonald/Fairfax County Times Terri Steinberg, the mother of a Chantilly High School gradute on Virginia's death row, speaks out against the death penalty Monday night during a forum in Reston.
Attachments:
AR-706299999.jpg

Date: June 30, 2012 07:25PM

What I said before was entirely too lenient. What she said about Muhammad is ridiculous

Posted by: minimum wage was $500 an hour ()
Date: June 30, 2012 07:40PM

Wonder what she did with her time before being an anti death penalty advocate, obviously it wasnt trying to figure out where her son was finding hundreds of thousands of dollars. If stupidity was a crime, she would be serving a life sentence.

Posted by: A Parent ()
Date: June 30, 2012 07:48PM

If the only witness to implicate Wolfe in the killing later recanted, and Wolfe really is "just" a marijuana dealer, then he's done his time and should come home. If anything Wolfe's case may serve as an example of why the death penalty should be eliminated.

Wolfe's mother is not justifying Muhammed's actions; she's just showing gratitude for someone who helped her son out in jail. Wouldn't you feel the same?

And it's easy to criticize her as a parent, but you don't have any idea what their home environment was like (and neither do I). She probably had little to no control over her son once he became an adult.

Date: June 30, 2012 08:51PM

I do know a bit about their home life although I won't say how and don"t care if you believe me or not. However basing your evaluation of the death penalty on the fact that a cold blooded assassin gave your felonious son his veggies while in prison is idiotic. Muhammad is a textbook example of why we NEED the death penalty, regardless of whether or not he shared his carrots with another person who was involved in a murder. Bottom line, no matter what, Justin was involved in a trade that got a not killed. I hope he liked his veggies

Date: June 30, 2012 08:56PM

That should have read "got a boy" killed.

Posted by: crazymama ()
Date: July 01, 2012 08:04AM

i myself am a supporter for Justin i beileve he is innocent, plus there are alot of people on death row whom change from being commpletely evil, to being Saved by our one true God--now every1 has an opinion but you should not call a mom a whore and deserves to die. ask yourself if u have a child and u truly believe in his innocence whouldn't u want it more investigated and help ur child? if u wouldn't and turn away then it's my opinion that your worse than the triggerman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: mr hutz ()
Date: July 01, 2012 08:37AM

Everyone in prison is innocent, just ask them

Posted by: Fry him allteady ()
Date: July 02, 2012 12:06PM

Fry the chump and let's move on now! Well done please!

Posted by: Against Death Penalty ()
Date: August 20, 2012 03:33PM

I'm against the death penalty, but, I believe Justin is guilty.

How about some compassion of Daniel Petrole and his family?

Posted by: leave her alone ()
Date: August 21, 2012 07:08PM

leave his mother alone. she has been through alot.

Posted by: caroline ()
Date: August 11, 2013 03:04PM

mr holder Wrote:
> Too bad she wasnt as involved in his life before
> he began dealing drugs.

Posted by: caroline ()
Date: August 11, 2013 03:08PM

AMEN!!!

Posted by: Poor Mama ()
Date: August 11, 2013 03:34PM

If Petrole had contracted to have her son kilt to settle the bad debt she'd be calling for blood.

Posted by: kindful ()
Date: August 12, 2013 06:45PM

+1

Posted by: Steinberg ()
Date: December 09, 2014 09:19PM

bet she wishses he was here when christmas comes

Posted by: Terri PSOT ()
Date: December 09, 2014 09:53PM

It is hard to believe that this will be the 3rd Christmas since Justin Wolfe's conviction was vacated and it was ordered that he be retried or RELEASED in 120 days. I thank you all for the continued support you have shown us through it all. The many prayers, the kind words and good thoughts help us carry this cross every day and my family is so grateful for each of you. As you are writing out your Christmas cards this year, please consider one for Justin to help him get through another holiday without his freedom and his family. This time of year wears heavy on my family, and we pray that soon we can all be together again.
Justin is still not allowed cards at this jail, but you can send them to my home at
13205 Shady Ridge Lane
Fairfax, VA 22033
and our friend, Claire will bring them to him to read and then take them back to save for when he is finally free to keep them.
I know every family has their struggles, sometimes getting together is not "Norman Rockwell" perfect! But as you sit with your family this year, be grateful for the time together. Please say a prayer for the many families who will be missing a loved one at their table this year.
"Few will have the greatness to bend history, but each of us can work to change a small portion of the events, and then the total - all of these acts - will be written in the history of this generation. It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance."~ Robert F Kennedy.
May we remember keep Christ in Christmas, and in every day sending ripples of hope to all we encounter on our life's journey.
Happy holidays, my friends!

no she doesnt lol

Posted by: leave ()
Date: December 09, 2014 10:09PM

leave his mother alone. she is a wonderful person. she and her family have been through a lot. leave them alone.

Posted by: No deal. ()
Date: December 10, 2014 09:48AM

leave Wrote:
> leave his mother alone. she is a wonderful
> person. she and her family have been through a
> lot. leave them alone.

No, go fuck yourself.

Posted by: Classdic ()
Date: December 10, 2014 01:28PM

Terri PSOT Wrote:
> It is hard to believe that this will be the 3rd
> Christmas since Justin Wolfe's conviction was
> vacated and it was ordered that he be retried or
> RELEASED in 120 days. I thank you all for the
> continued support you have shown us through it
> all. The many prayers, the kind words and good
> thoughts help us carry this cross every day and my
> family is so grateful for each of you. As you are
> writing out your Christmas cards this year, please
> consider one for Justin to help him get through
> another holiday without his freedom and his
> family. This time of year wears heavy on my
> family, and we pray that soon we can all be
> together again.
> Justin is still not allowed cards at this jail,
> but you can send them to my home at
> 13205 Shady Ridge Lane
> Fairfax, VA 22033
> and our friend, Claire will bring them to him to
> read and then take them back to save for when he
> is finally free to keep them.
> I know every family has their struggles, sometimes
> getting together is not "Norman Rockwell" perfect!
> But as you sit with your family this year, be
> grateful for the time together. Please say a
> prayer for the many families who will be missing a
> loved one at their table this year.
> "Few will have the greatness to bend history, but
> each of us can work to change a small portion of
> the events, and then the total - all of these acts
> - will be written in the history of this
> generation. It is from numberless diverse acts of
> courage and belief that human history is shaped.
> Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to
> improve the lot of others, or strikes out against
> injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope,
> and crossing each other from a million different
> centers of energy and daring those ripples build a
> current which can sweep down the mightiest walls
> of oppression and resistance."~ Robert F Kennedy.
> May we remember keep Christ in Christmas, and in
> every day sending ripples of hope to all we
> encounter on our life's journey.
> Happy holidays, my friends!
> Share
>
>
>
> no she doesnt lol

13205 SHADY Ridge Lane! SHADY is right!

Posted by: maddie ()
Date: December 10, 2014 08:30PM

most likely she doesnt is her kid

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.