HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Goose eggs in Reston
Posted by: taxpayer ()
Date: May 09, 2008 01:06PM

Apparently new issues have surfaced in Reston. Humane treatment of goose eggs. Do Reston HOA fees include people doing float tests on each goose egg?

I see nothing wrong with using shovels.

http://www.fairfaxtimes.com/news/2008/may/06/goose-egg-addling-stirs-concern-reston/

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Goose eggs in Reston
Posted by: 496 ()
Date: May 09, 2008 01:26PM

Beat it Rod.

Posted by: TECHNOVIKING ()
Date: May 09, 2008 01:42PM

goose eggs go well with Meade and mutton and the finest ales. as well as X and glow sticks. RAAAAARRR

fear me! for technoViking has offspring as well!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hZjsPJJgMPE&feature=related

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2008 02:03PM by TECHNOVIKING.

Posted by: Lurker.. ()
Date: May 09, 2008 02:29PM

Another example of Reston's Rich retired Earth hippies with nothing better to do now.

Maybe we should hire an otter to take out these eggs. An otter wouldn't have abide by "humane laws" and people around the Lakes would say, "Oh look at that cute little otter eating those goose eggs."

Hippie Scum!
Posted by: RamblinRamboRedneck ()
Date: May 09, 2008 02:56PM

Lurker.. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Another example of Reston's Rich retired Earth
> hippies with nothing better to do now.
>
> Maybe we should hire an otter to take out these
> eggs. An otter wouldn't have abide by "humane
> laws" and people around the Lakes would say, "Oh
> look at that cute little otter eating those goose
> eggs."

Earth Hippies can eat all the bean sprouts and tofu they want. Goose
eggs are nothing but free (and delicious) food.

This from the web:

The Whole Foods near my house in Old Town Alexandria has started stocking some fun eggs, including farm raised chicken, quail, duck, emu, ostrich and goose eggs. Needless to say, this is an exciting turn of events.
My first experiment was with a duck egg. My plan was to fry it sunny-side up and put in a sandwich with some duck rillette. I figured duck with duck and duck fat: How could I go wrong? Well, it would have been fine but I guess I didn’t account for how long the yolk would need to cook, because it was still cold and gluey in the middle.
So this morning, when the girlfriend announced her need for breakfast, I decided to try my hand at scrambling the goose egg I had.
I went with the French method: Small sauce pan, hunk of butter, scramble in the pan, stir constantly over low-to-medium heat, finish with salt, pepper and herbs.
Some findings: the egg yolk is the size of a freaking golf ball! It takes forever to cook. It is so rich that one egg could easily feed three people. Finally, the flavor is wonderful.
To be specific, I cracked the egg (not an easy task, by the by) into my small sauce pan and cut off a healthy chunk of the unsalted Plugra, then started stirring it together over medium heat with a rubber spatula. When the butter melted and some of the egg started sticking to the bottom of the pan, I tuned the heat down and worked it for about twenty minutes. I then added a bit of chive, sea salt and cracked black pepper, and served (with grapes, pancakes and Niman Ranch bacon, for those keeping score . . . and we drank litche juice, which was awesome).
The egg itself never took on the texture we typically associate with scrambled eggs, there is just so much yolk and so little white. And whatever the yolk is composed of, it is much denser than a chicken egg. But I must say, I’d do it again. If chicken eggs are calf liver, then goose eggs are foie gras; fatty, textural, dense but lightweight all at the same time.

Re: Hippie Scum!
Posted by: Goosee ()
Date: May 09, 2008 10:07PM

PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals

Posted by: Ronald Mexico ()
Date: May 09, 2008 11:03PM

I love geese. Some of my fondest memories are when my dad took me goose hunting as a youth living in the midwest. We "harvested" a number of wild geese. Good eatin', let me tell you!

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: May 10, 2008 08:01AM

file.php?2,file=2336
"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.