HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Accident on Braddock Rd near Shirley Gate - 6/28
Posted by: asdgasdg ()
Date: June 28, 2012 06:52PM

what happened? on Braddock Rd near Shirley Gate

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Accident on Braddock Rd near Shirley Gate - 6/28
Posted by: cc ()
Date: June 28, 2012 07:07PM

Doesn't tell us much but got this emergency alert e-mail from FFX with subject "Significant Accident with Injury"

Accident with Injury at the intersection of Braddock Road and Shirley Gate - Extended traffic delays

Sent by OEM Fairfax County to Severe Traffic (E-mail, Pager, Cell Phone) through the Fairfax County Emergency Alert Network ... powered by Cooper Notification RSAN

Posted by: Hay Zeus ()
Date: June 28, 2012 07:16PM

Must have been one hell of a mechanism of injury both sides were closed

Hope the Tuba guy wasnt involved, luv that dude!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2012 07:18PM by Hay Zeus.

Posted by: dooy ()
Date: June 28, 2012 07:25PM

Ya know, these stupid non-drivin motherfuckers are going to keep on until it costs five grand a year to insure a car, like in New Jersey.

Posted by: It was ugly... ()
Date: June 28, 2012 07:30PM

A sheet was covering most of the front side of an SUV. Two other cars involved. Large pieces of car debris strewn across the entire westbound roadway.

Posted by: Joe Friday ()
Date: June 28, 2012 08:03PM

Scanner just said accident...persons possibly trapped...Braddock and Shirley Gate..??? This at 8:00 p.m..... Another accident..same place?

Posted by: CERTenly3456765 ()
Date: June 28, 2012 08:05PM

I don't know

Posted by: maggie ()
Date: June 28, 2012 08:22PM

it was horrible- just got home saw the whole thing. Cars flipped over and one stuck in the embankment- right in front of the church on the southbound lane. It was terrible. Not a good day- there was another fatal crash on 123 and Zion today as well.

Posted by: Hay Zeus ()
Date: June 28, 2012 08:32PM

Do you work for the fire dept?

Posted by: maggie ()
Date: June 28, 2012 08:58PM

no, I don't work for the fire dept. Does anyone know what the hell happened? It was terrible

Posted by: Suny ()
Date: June 28, 2012 09:07PM

From what I saw, don't know if some of the accident had been cleaned up, but there were three vehicles there when I got there, one car was missing it's entire front (you might notice the one with the sheet over it, silver SUV). Two other vehicles were facing in the wrong direction. That entire stretch was littered in debris.
Attachments:
266063_10101634630010204_816677357_o.jpg

Posted by: JoMaRo ()
Date: June 28, 2012 09:18PM

Second fatal accident of the afternoon. First was, as mentioned, 123 @ Zion.

Posted by: Sillyness ()
Date: June 28, 2012 09:49PM

I saw this as well. Its really really bad. I pray that no one is fatally injured or dead. Also, Tuba guy was not involved. I saw him as I was driving to the scene. He's fine. :)

Lets pray for the families of these victims.

Posted by: Suny ()
Date: June 28, 2012 09:57PM

One of the cars had a white sheet draped over the front of it, one car was missing it's entire roof. Generally when there's a white sheet over something, it generally indicates a deceased body.

Posted by: Dane Bramage ()
Date: June 28, 2012 10:09PM

You cagers keep killing each other and all that will be left is us motorcyclists.

-------------------------------------------------
“We don’t have any rude, unpleasant people here. We’re different!”

Posted by: kmp ()
Date: June 28, 2012 11:02PM

What exactly happened? I drove by after it happened and it looked awful! The white drape over the car makes me feel for that family! Does anyone know what happened?

Posted by: Oom Pah ()
Date: June 29, 2012 02:01AM

Sillyness Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Also, Tuba
> guy was not involved. I saw him as I was driving
> to the scene. He's fine. :)
>
> Lets pray for the families of these victims.

Did he play a dirge?

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: June 29, 2012 07:57AM

wow..................now that is some serious shit if they are one-laneing the other side of the road like that.

here's what we know so far - no word on the box score yet

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: June 29, 2012 08:10AM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> here's what we know so far

[rant]

No here is what we know so far: despite the multiple fatalities in that area just in the last year are so, there has been ZERO AFTERNOON RUSH police speeding and aggressive driving enforcement that I have seen. None. No VDOT action either... no speed limit decreases, no signs forbidding left-hand turns onto westbound Braddock from south-side-of-Braddock intersecting streets during 3-5p.

The school between 123 and Shirley Gate acts as a speed control when it is in session because of the afternoon pickup traffic. But now that it is out, people drive crazy on that stretch and that is a huge aggressive driving spot, assholes weaving in and out of lanes, etc.

I don't know if it is proximity to GMU or proximity to Fairfax City limits that leads County cops to think that area doesn't need coverage. I can't believe we have so few cops in Fairfax County that an area with MULTIPLE traffic fatalities over a short period of time can't get some attention.

[/rant]

Posted by: Duhh ()
Date: June 29, 2012 08:25AM

Wonder if another fucktard crossed the median and hit a bunch of cars. Kinda sounds like what may have happened. Something very similar happened a year or so ago a few miles from here, on Braddock just West of 123.

Just speculation.

Posted by: Very sad ()
Date: June 29, 2012 08:49AM

Person in the white car suffered some kind of medical emergency, hit the enbankment, when air born and crossed onto the other side of braddack road hitting the first black car head on....person in the white was pronounced dead at the scene.

Posted by: Hank Moody ()
Date: June 29, 2012 08:54AM

For all intents and purposes, FCPD does not enforce traffic laws. Period. None. Zip. Nada.

To be pulled over for a traffic violation in this county requires either an extreme and egregious asshat maneuver conducted directly in front of an officer or blundering into the many well-known yet infrequently operated speedtraps.

The police do not care about speeding, failure to yield, failure to use turn signals, failure to obey traffic signs and signals nor improper lane changes. They also do not care about distracted driving, whether it be texting while driving or talking on the telephone. Hell, I've seen men shaving and women curling their eyelashes while driving on Braddock Road. Failure to pay full time and attention while driving is the norm and is in fact practiced by many of FCPDs patrol units.

In my opinion, based on what I observe, the de facto speed limit along the entire length of Braddock Road between Rt 28 and Backlick Road is 55mph. The exceptions to this is the length that abuts GMU while it is in session. Also, along some sections there are "moving chicanes" in the form of an Asian woman driving a Toyota Camry or Lexus ES.

This is a big numbers game. As long as the statistics do not reflect an issue, the police will not step up enforcement. I'm surprised at this inaction too as there is much revenue to be generated. My guess is the court system does not have the capacity to handle anything but "in absentia" verdicts.

Posted by: EmanRouy ()
Date: June 29, 2012 09:32AM

Just received this...

Fatal Crash in Fairfax Area

Sully Police District – On Thursday, June 28 around 6 p.m., police responded to a crash on Braddock Road near Shirley Gate Road.
Chrisopher Cobb, 54, of 4100 Addison Road, was driving eastbound on Braddock Road in a 2007 Nissan Murano. A 38-year-old woman was driving westbound on Braddock Road in a 2011 Toyota Highlander. A 57-year-old man was also driving westbound on Braddock Road in a 2007 Pontiac Vibe. Near the intersection with Shirley Gate Road, Cobb crossed the median and drove into oncoming traffic, striking the Toyota Highlander. The Toyota was propelled into the path of and struck by the Pontiac Vibe.
Cobb died at the scene. The 38-year-old woman was airlifted to a local hospital with life-threatening injuries. The 57-year-old man was transported to a local hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
All seatbelts were in use. Speed and alcohol do not appear to be factors in the crash at this time. Investigation continues.

###

To request this information in an alternate format, call the Public Information Office at 703.246.2253. TTY 703-204-2264

Posted by: EmanRouy ()
Date: June 29, 2012 09:34AM

Earlier FFX PD release on Zion / Ox incident...

Fatal Crash in Burke Area

West Springfield Police District – On Thursday, June 28 around 12:50 p.m., police responded to a crash on Ox Road near Zion Drive.
A 34-year-old Lorton-area woman was driving northbound on Ox Road in a 2005 Lexus LS430. Margaret Brigidini, 71, of 10800 Stanhope Place, was driving southbound in a 2005 Lexus ES300. Brigidini attempted to turn onto Zion Drive and drove into the path of the Lexus LS430. The vehicles impacted in the intersection. Brigidini died at the scene of the crash. The driver of the Lexus LS430, a 7-year-old boy and a 6-year-old girl were all transported to a local hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
Ms. Brigidini was not wearing a seatbelt. Speed and alcohol do not appear to be factors in the crash at this time. Investigation continues.

###

To request this information in an alternate format, call the Public Information Office at 703.246.2253. TTY 703-204-2264

Posted by: DJM ()
Date: June 29, 2012 09:43AM

The person in the white car who died at the scene was a beloved VP at a large company who was on his way home from work to get ready to join his family at the beach. He had a medical emergency which caused the accident.

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: June 29, 2012 10:29AM

Maybe guardrails from 123 to 28 would help? This isn't the first accident where there was a median crossing due to medical emergency. Either the speed has to come down or the guardrails have to go up, preferably both.

I am guessing it is possible that if the car didn't go over the median and instead was slowed by a guardrail that Mr. Cobb could have gotten medical attention he needed.

My condolences go out to the family, friends, and CACI coworkers of Mr. Cobb.

Posted by: Abbub ()
Date: June 29, 2012 10:41AM

Cobb was a father,a husband, a brother, an uncle, friends to many...a good man.
His heart quit working.
May God Bless his family members and help them get thru this tragedy.

Posted by: sayswho ()
Date: June 29, 2012 11:21AM

DJM Wrote:
> The person in the white car who died at the scene
> was a beloved VP at a large company who was on his
> way home from work to get ready to join his family
> at the beach. He had a medical emergency which
> caused the accident.

He wasn't beloved by me, another VIP/VP who's dead.On another note does anyone have the name of the 38 year old woman involved, I'm just hoping it's who I think it may be. Christmas may of come early!!!

Posted by: Ammy ()
Date: June 29, 2012 12:10PM

Please pray for the families they're going thru a very tough time. My brother was a victim of an accident a while ago and I know how difficult it is for the families involved. Please do not post negative comments. Just pray.

Date: June 29, 2012 12:22PM

Condolences. Guard rails.

Posted by: KidFromBurke ()
Date: June 29, 2012 01:31PM

like some dude swerved off the opposite side over the grass and jus fuckd shit up like I drove by that shit like rite after it happnd like one car completly lost its roof n like anothe cars airbag was like out the windshield n shit like some people definitly died like that shit was too crazy

Posted by: sadresident ()
Date: June 29, 2012 02:02PM

This forum has made me lose faith in humanity. These are peoples lives that we are talking about people lost a loved one and might lose another. My thoughs are on both families, for the ones that lost and hoping that others pull though. Thank you everyone, here's hoping the world ends.

Date: June 29, 2012 03:31PM

sadresident Wrote:
> This forum has made me lose faith in humanity.
> These are peoples lives that we are talking about
> people lost a loved one and might lose another. My
> thoughs are on both families, for the ones that
> lost and hoping that others pull though. Thank you
> everyone, here's hoping the world ends.

There is another alternative to the end of the world. If you're so eager to depart this world and all the misery you perceive, you can always remove yourself and your pointless condemnation from the equation and leave the rest of us alone.

Posted by: Father O'Malley ()
Date: June 29, 2012 03:42PM

Hank Moody Wrote:
>
> There is another alternative to the end of the
> world. If you're so eager to depart this world and
> all the misery you perceive, you can always remove
> yourself and your pointless condemnation from the
> equation and leave the rest of us alone.

+1 Amen to that. Tired of whining little bitches, vegans, and ecoterrorists bemoaning humans when they could easily do the rest of us a favor and recycle their putrid hypocritical selves.

Posted by: Sprawl and Crawl ()
Date: June 30, 2012 10:21AM

Victim Identified in Fatal Crash at Shirley Gate and Braddock Roads
The crash occurred just after 6 p.m. on Thursday, June 28.
By Rachel Hatzipanagos and Whitney Rhodes
http://fairfaxcity.patch.com/articles/crash-reported-on-shirley-gate-road-and-braddock#photo-10482787

UPDATE (Friday, 9:30 a.m.): One dead, another seriously injured in Thursday evening's crash.

From Fairfax County Police:

Chrisopher Cobb, 54, of Addison Road, was driving eastbound on Braddock Road in a 2007 Nissan Murano. A 38-year-old woman was driving westbound on Braddock Road in a 2011 Toyota Highlander. A 57-year-old man was also driving westbound on Braddock Road in a 2007 Pontiac Vibe. Near the intersection with Shirley Gate Road, Cobb crossed the median and drove into oncoming traffic, striking the Toyota Highlander. The Toyota was propelled into the path of and struck by the Pontiac Vibe.

Cobb died at the scene. The 38-year-old woman was airlifted to a local hospital with life-threatening injuries. The 57-year-old man was transported to a local hospital with non life-threatening injuries.

All seatbelts were in use. Speed and alcohol do not appear to be factors in the crash at this time. Investigation continues."

-----------

A four-car crash was reported at Shirley Gate Road and Braddock Road Thursday evening.

The crash was reported at about 6 p.m., according to the Fairfax County Police Department.

Crash scene investigators were still at the scene at 8 p.m.. No further information on the crash was immediately available.

This evening's accident is the second serious crash today in the area. This afternoon, an elderly woman was killed and three other people were injured in an accident.

A four-car crash at Shirley Gate Road and Braddock Road was reported at about 6 p.m. Thursday.Credit Rachel Hatzipanagos
Attachments:
93994b68f2446374280810d4eb8d8dec.jpg
def7dea40d48a7ae5de6918b1e604d48.jpg
1f09e749f7f6cea7561f622055f3568e.jpg

Posted by: And the other accident ()
Date: June 30, 2012 10:28AM

EmanRouy Wrote:
> Earlier FFX PD release on Zion / Ox incident...
>
> Fatal Crash in Burke Area
>
> West Springfield Police District – On Thursday,
> June 28 around 12:50 p.m., police responded to a
> crash on Ox Road near Zion Drive.
> A 34-year-old Lorton-area woman was driving
> northbound on Ox Road in a 2005 Lexus LS430.
> Margaret Brigidini, 71, of 10800 Stanhope Place,
> was driving southbound in a 2005 Lexus ES300.
> Brigidini attempted to turn onto Zion Drive and
> drove into the path of the Lexus LS430. The
> vehicles impacted in the intersection. Brigidini
> died at the scene of the crash. The driver of the
> Lexus LS430, a 7-year-old boy and a 6-year-old
> girl were all transported to a local hospital with
> non life-threatening injuries.
> Ms. Brigidini was not wearing a seatbelt. Speed
> and alcohol do not appear to be factors in the
> crash at this time. Investigation continues.
>
> ###
>
> To request this information in an alternate
> format, call the Public Information Office at
> 703.246.2253. TTY 703-204-2264

This was a different accident and here are the details for that one...

Elderly Woman Killed in Crash at Ox Road, Zion Drive
Two Lexus sedans collided just before 1 p.m. Thursday.
By Whitney Rhodes and Rachel Hatzipanagos
http://fairfaxcity.patch.com/articles/fatal-crash-stops-traffic-at-route-123-and-zion

UPDATE (Friday, 9:30 a.m.): Fairfax County Police released the name of the elderly woman who died in Thursday afternoon's crash.

"Margaret Brigidini, 71, of Stanhope Place died at the scene of the crash. The driver of the second Lexus, a 7-year-old boy and a 6-year-old girl were all transported to a local hospital with non life-threatening injuries."

Police said Brigidini was not wearing a seatbelt.

--------------------

An elderly woman was killed and three others were injured in an afternoon crash at the intersection of Ox Road and Zion Drive Thursday.

The two cars, both Lexus sedans, collided with each other at the intersection just before 1 p.m., said police spokesman E.J. Azcarate. The crash resulted in severe traffic along Ox Road, and some lanes are still closed off around the crash site as of 3 p.m.. Motorists are encouraged to avoid the area.

The elderly woman was in her vehicle alone and died at the scene, police said.

The second Lexus contained a woman and two young children, Azcarate said. They were taken by ambulance to a nearby hospital and were in serious condition.

Azcarate said that police would not be releasing the names of anyone involved until their families were notified of the crash.

Traffic investigators are looking into the cause of the crash. No further information was available at this time.

-----------

Original Post - 1:38 p.m.

A crash at Ox Road and Zion Drive is causing significant traffic backups in the Fairfax Station area.

Fairfax County sent out an emergency alert at 1:18 p.m Thursday telling drivers to stay away from Route 123.

The emergency alert, sent from the Fairfax County Police Public Information Office, claims the accident includes a death. Patch spoke with the Officer Bud Walker of the county public information office and was told that the fatality has yet to be confirmed.

Both northbound lanes on Route 123 are closed. One Route 123 southbound lane is also closed.

Expect traffic backups to last for several hours.

Check back for more information as it becomes available.

An elderly woman was killed and three others were injured in an afternoon crash at the intersection of Ox Road and Zion Drive Thursday. Credit Rachel Hatzipanagos
Attachments:
a6b9bda3d9d7e35312ab745321644b62.jpg
4acae5fec442ea7729a05d74e361db7b.jpg
bf3a014ffad14524400f7060678208a3.jpg
87494c3d1e64750704257591c1d3b856.jpg

Date: July 01, 2012 10:50PM

bumping this thread cause ppl are getting it mixed up with with the fatality on Braddock that happened earlier this year..............

is it true the woman that the CACI guy hit died too?

Posted by: MeMe ()
Date: July 01, 2012 10:54PM

Yes, the woman the CACI guy hit just died. She just had her first baby earlier this year. She was talking on her speaker phone with her husband when the CACI guy crossed the median and struck her. Her husband heard her scream.

Date: July 02, 2012 07:47AM

I prayed 18 times for the mom, but teflon God smote her anyway. Probably not enough of you FFXU fuckwads bothered to pray for her. Hope you're all happy with yourselves!

Posted by: Sadness for loved one ()
Date: July 02, 2012 09:51AM

Mr. Cobb suffered a heart attack while driving which set off the horrific chain of events. The young girl recently passed away leaving behind a husband and 18 month old daughter.

Date: July 02, 2012 02:51PM

Alright, here's a learning opportunity. When Jesus comes for your ass and shoots you a heart attack while you're driving, put your foot on the brake - NOT THE GAS PEDAL! A "medical emergency" is NOT an excuse for killing innocent people!

Posted by: PAS ()
Date: July 02, 2012 03:37PM

I know who the woman was, but will respect the family by not posting her name. She passed away Saturday night. She leaves behind a husband and 1-yr-old child.

The man who died apparently suffered a heart attack, came across into oncoming traffic and hit the woman head-on, sent her vehicle spinning, then she was hit by another car from behind, which sent her spinning and flipped the car.

Posted by: Tammy Parkins ()
Date: July 02, 2012 05:54PM

For those posting negative comments about Chris Cobb - you don't have all the facts. Do you know there are different types of heart attacks, such as widow maker heart attack? Widow maker heart attacks will kill you instantly. Therefore, before passing judgement re; the circumstances that resulted in this unfortunate accident, get the facts. Speed and Alcohol were not a factor.

Being a close friend of Chris, this unfortunate accident happened beyond his control. He would NEVER harm anyone.

Therefore, please pray for the Cobb and Meyers' families during this difficult time. There are many people impacted by this tragic situation, especially the children, spouses, family members and close friends of Chris and Lori.

Posted by: Anonymous254 ()
Date: July 02, 2012 11:48PM

Thank you Tammy. The officials said he was dead before the accident. Chris' tragic death was the cause of the accident. Have some respect for the families. Chris's son was home waiting for his dad to get home from work so they could go on vacation. Instead, he answers the door to three detectives telling him his father is dead. No 12 year old boy should have to go through that. Their family is going through an extremely difficult time right now. Have some respect!

Date: July 03, 2012 07:30AM

look....................this is NOT the place for respect of mourning lost ones.

Thank you for any factual information you can provide regarding the accident. And I pray for all the friends and family of ALL involved in what I believe to be simply a HORRIBLE accident...............

All that being said, I BEG YOU TO PLEASE PLEASE LISTEN TO ME!!! This is a free speech site and LOTSA stuff will be said that is NOT NICE!! So if you cannot handle such stuff, STAY AWAY FROM THIS THREAD if you are a friend of family memeber!! You may see things you are offended by!!! STAY AWAY FROM HERE DO NOT USE THIS SITE AS A PLACE TO MOURN YOUR LOSS IT WILL JUST BE TURNED AGAINST YOU!!

Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: July 03, 2012 07:55AM

Anonymous254 Wrote:
> Thank you Tammy. The officials said he was dead
> before the accident.

I'm assuming by 'officials' you mean the medical examiner? Because there's no way they could know he had a heart attack until the autopsy was completed.

While it may not be the case in this accident, I do think the police should examine the cell records of people who cross the median and cause accidents. I see so many people drifting across lanes only to find them playing with their cell phone when I pass. All it takes is a second and you're off the road, out of control.

Posted by: Anonymous254 ()
Date: July 03, 2012 12:27PM

Yes this is a free speech site, and it is not a place for mourning. However, some of the threads on here are a prime example of what America is coming to. This is supposed to be a place for finding out facts, not for people to spout out rude comments about someone or situations they don't know what they're talking about. When I came to this site, I knew only that the accident was tragic and horrible. That Chris had a heart attack behind the wheel, "they" said he was dead before impacting the other vehicle. Do I know for certain who "they" are? No. Am I going to ask? Hell no. I came here to find out more about the actual accident so I could have a better understanding of what the family, my friends, are going through, without having to ask them to relive it by explaining it. I did not know Chris well, I know his boys. I did not need to come here to hear people talking shit about Chris doing this or that, what he could've/should've done, when he was already dead... That is what is meant by showing respect.

Posted by: Tammy Parkins ()
Date: July 03, 2012 06:45PM

While I understand this site promotes freedom of speech, what I find unconscionable are the following statements: 1) posting about an early XMAS if the 38 year woman died without knowing her identity - that is absolutely horrible comment to wish death on anyone; 2) speculation that Chris deliberately cross the median due to being on his cell phone; 3) excessive speed; and 4) the comment that Chris was a beloved VP/VIP, is it really necessary to state that he was not beloved by the one writer when he didn't know Chris? - please have some respect for the deceased and their loved ones.

While I may be mourning, factual data should be discussed rather than individual's speculations/negative comments, including wishing death on another soul, which is the most horrible statement one could make.

Like I have previously stated, in lieu of posting negative comments, stick to the facts.

At least I have the courage to post my real name rather than using a fictious name - Part of my freedom of speech and I can handle all postings but I will NOT allow uninformed writers bash Chris.

I pray everyday for Chris and Lori's family during this difficult time.

Date: July 03, 2012 07:03PM

@Tammy, Anon - hope it works out for ya.............. And sorry for y'alls loss.

Posted by: Sammy perkins ()
Date: July 03, 2012 07:03PM

Tammy Parkins....prepare for ultimate trolling...

Posted by: Da news - Liz Crenshaw reporting!! ()
Date: July 03, 2012 07:11PM

Sources indicate that Mr. Cobb had a a porn addiction and recently purchased a new ipad. The accident occured because Cobb was looking up gay porn on his Ipad while texting the images he found to his mister, Emilio, an illegal that works as a day laborer in Annandale.

Let this be a lesson to you all. Slow down and leave the gay porn and ipads at home. That way you wont end up in hell like Mr Cobb.

Be blessed!

Posted by: Omgwth ()
Date: July 05, 2012 02:27PM

This blog sucks!! You people are sIck!!

Update - Second Death in Fatal Crash
Posted by: McGruff - The Crime Dog! ()
Date: July 07, 2012 11:44AM

Update - Second Death in Fatal Crash
http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/news-releases/2012/070212updaccfbraddock.htm

Fairfax County Police Department
Public Information Office
4100 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax, Va. 22030
703-246-2253. TTY 703-204-2264. Fax 703-246-4253
FCPD-PIO@fairfaxcounty.gov
www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police
News Release: 2012-1800229/eja/(1)upd
July 2, 2012

Update – Second Death in Fatal Crash
Sully Police District – On Saturday, June 30, Lora Melissa Myers, 38, of Narragansett Terrace died from the injuries she sustained in a crash two days earlier.

Fatal Crash in Fairfax Area

Sully Police District – On Thursday, June 28 around 6 p.m., police responded to a crash on Braddock Road near Shirley Gate Road.

Chrisopher Cobb, 54, of 4100 block of Addison Road, was driving eastbound on Braddock Road in a 2007 Nissan Murano. A 38-year-old woman was driving westbound on Braddock Road in a 2011 Toyota Highlander. A 57-year-old man was also driving westbound on Braddock Road in a 2007 Pontiac Vibe. Near the intersection with Shirley Gate Road, Cobb crossed the median and drove into oncoming traffic, striking the Toyota Highlander. The Toyota was propelled into the path of and struck by the Pontiac Vibe.

All seatbelts were in use. Speed and alcohol do not appear to be factors in the crash at this time. Investigation continues.

###

Posted by: Sad ()
Date: July 09, 2012 02:53PM

It's deffinatley sad the twelve year old sun I am pleased to report is doing much better thanks to the support of his best friends Chris's left behind two children an ex wife a wife and two children he will be missed

Posted by: William Christensen ()
Date: November 22, 2013 10:21PM

Chris was a good man, His son which is my best friend. You all are extremely ugly people what makes you think you have the right to make fun of someones dead parent you all are selfish and only think about yourselves, reading some of these posts make me sick to my stomach. You all will never know the pain his sons went through.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.