HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
VA State Police Safety operation
Posted by: Suburbanite ()
Date: May 07, 2008 07:33AM

UPCOMING OPERATION AIR, LAND & SPEED CONCENTRATES SOLELY ON NORTHERN VIRGINIA INTERSTATES
Third Safety Operation in 2008 Puts a Spotlight on 395, 495, 66,
Dulles Toll Road and the Greenway

RICHMOND – For the third time this year, Virginia State Police will return with the highly publicized and well-known Operation Air, Land and Speed initiative, this time focusing on Interstates 395, 495, 66, the Greenway and Dulles Toll Road. Since the program’s inception in 2006, this is the first time the traffic safety effort has concentrated on all five highways in Northern Virginia during a single operation.

“Northern Virginia sees some of the most aggressive and reckless driving in the Commonwealth due to the high volume of vehicles that travel through the region,” said Colonel W. Steven Flaherty, Superintendent of Virginia State Police. “The additional traffic increases the chances for crashes and deaths to occur on Virginia’s roads. By bolstering the presence of troopers during this special enforcement, we hope to encourage drivers to make a conscious decision to reduce their speed, not drive distracted, buckle up and overall change their behavior which in turn will help keep our highways safer in the Commonwealth.”

The “saturation” of troopers will begin Wednesday, May 7, and end Thursday, May 8, 2008. The primary purpose of the two-day enforcement is to encourage safe driving practices through strict highway enforcement. The most recent Operation Air, Land and Speed occurred in March and produced record totals along the north and south corridors of I-95 and I-81. The combined totals resulted in16 DUI arrests, 91 drug/felony arrests, and state police troopers cited 935 motorists for reckless driving. Zero traffic fatalities occurred.

“The fact that we’ve had only one fatality during the eleven Operation Air, Land and Speed efforts points to the effectiveness of aggressive traffic enforcement,” adds Colonel Flaherty.

In addition to Operation Air, Land, & Speed and its efforts to promote responsible driver behavior, Virginia State Police, the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) and the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) have teamed up to urge motorists to take the Highway Safety Challenge (www.safeVAhighways.org) Follow these five steps towards a safer future:

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: VA State Police Safety operation
Posted by: Suburbanite ()
Date: May 07, 2008 07:34AM

Missed the copy on the five steps:

Buckle Up
Avoid distractions
Share the road
Drive drug & alcohol free
Obey speed limit

Posted by: 2nd Amendment ()
Date: May 07, 2008 07:47AM

Step 6: Fork over hundreds in insurance and court fees to fund corrupt FFX CTY and VA governments.

Step 7: Realize that roads are still unsafe due to high number of illegal aliens and transients driving without insurance/common sense

Suburbanite Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Missed the copy on the five steps:
>
> Buckle Up
> Avoid distractions
> Share the road
> Drive drug & alcohol free
> Obey speed limit

Posted by: DeathByCop ()
Date: May 07, 2008 07:55AM

Operation Big Brother Fucks The Constitution is in full effect! "What fourth Amendment, this illegal search is for my own safety and in the name of fighting terrorism, because you heard about the whole drugs=terrorism connection, right?"
God bless the Patriot Act and Dick Cheney!

Date: May 07, 2008 07:59AM

The primary purpose of the two-day enforcement is to encourage safe driving practices through strict highway enforcement and harassment of every day law abiding citizens.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2008 08:04AM by DeathByCop.

Date: May 07, 2008 08:03AM

Make sure you buckle up and follow the HOV restrictions, or else this could happen to you:

Posted by: DrainoForBreakfast ()
Date: May 07, 2008 08:19AM

2nd Amendment Wrote:
> Step 6: Fork over hundreds in insurance and court
> fees to fund corrupt FFX CTY and VA governments.
>
> Step 7: Realize that roads are still unsafe due to
> high number of illegal aliens and transients
> driving without insurance/common sense
>
>
>
> Suburbanite Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Missed the copy on the five steps:
> >
> > Buckle Up
> > Avoid distractions
> > Share the road
> > Drive drug & alcohol free
> > Obey speed limit

Bend over
Spread your cheeks
Smile You're on Candid Camera!

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: May 07, 2008 08:23AM

2nd Amendment Wrote:
> Step 7: Realize that roads are still unsafe due to high number of illegal aliens

lmao

Step 9: Use scapegoats and sweeping generalizations to conveniently accept narrow-minded rationality. Make the universe revolve around a single issue in order to minimize any possible trauma.

Posted by: LOLNOVA ()
Date: May 07, 2008 08:28AM

Step 10. Just accept the fact that the roads in Northern Virginia will suck forever, and two days of paying a shitload of cops overtime will not change anything.

Date: May 07, 2008 08:48AM

Traffic congestion a problem? Blame it on immigration!- Classic example of Fairfax Underground illogical thinking. LMAO!!!

Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: May 07, 2008 10:57AM

Step 11. Thank the cops for making the commute longer for everyone

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: May 07, 2008 12:20PM

bdimag Wrote:
> Step 11. Thank the cops for making the commute
> longer for everyone

dude, you are soooo right about that. i got on the beltway this morning and it was a total mess because there was one, yes one state trooper in the divider area. nobody was exceeding 15MPH so it seemed like a moot point.

btw... what was step eight?

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: LOLNOVA ()
Date: May 07, 2008 11:30PM

So I got to experience the police "saturation" firsthand today coming home on 66W. Two RMPs and one unmarked car parked under an overpass in the shade with three troopers standing outside bullshitting. I was honored to extend my commute five minutes to witness them literally educating people about vehicle safety right before my eyes. Please, raise my taxes so I can see this happen more often.

Posted by: Schrute ()
Date: May 09, 2008 05:54AM

LOLNOVA Wrote:
> So I got to experience the police "saturation"
> firsthand today coming home on 66W. Two RMPs and
> one unmarked car parked under an overpass in the
> shade with three troopers standing outside
> bullshitting. I was honored to extend my commute
> five minutes to witness them literally educating
> people about vehicle safety right before my eyes.
> Please, raise my taxes so I can see this happen
> more often.

Hey, the Troopers don't come in McDonalds and tell you how to make a quarter pounder with cheese, so keep your mouth closed and don't try to tell them how to do their jobs...

Posted by: THE TAX MAN ()
Date: May 09, 2008 06:35PM

You should have titled this thread "VA State Police Revenue Operation".

Call a spade a spade.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: May 10, 2008 08:14AM

Schrute Wrote:
> Hey, the Troopers don't come in McDonalds and tell
> you how to make a quarter pounder with cheese, so
> keep your mouth closed and don't try to tell them
> how to do their jobs...

so i guess when the person at McDonald's spits on your food you wont question them?

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.