HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
How difficult is NVCC?
Posted by: armand1694 ()
Date: June 21, 2012 02:40AM

I just graduated high school in June and I didn't get into Mason, so I'll be attending the Loudoun Campus of NVCC, I intend to do the guaranteed transfer to UVA for Economics, and I'm wondering what level of difficulty I should expect from NVCC. I took to many AP's my Junior year of high school and I got lazy, so I had bad grades, but I do get good grades when I applied myself.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How difficult is NVCC?
Posted by: rob ()
Date: June 21, 2012 04:48AM

depends on your teacher, but easier than a 4 year university. Just focus on doing your homework and study instead of drinking and banging random whores. if you cant get out of nvcc with a 3.0 at minimum, you are a typical shithead who deserves to flip burgers at mcdonalds and should give up on your dreams of a proper university education.

most people find it difficult transferring from nova to a 4 yr due to the drastic difficulty between nova and the 4 year(like mason).

its easy as long as you do your work and dont bullshit.

Posted by: Two Cents ()
Date: June 21, 2012 04:58AM

rob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> depends on your teacher, but easier than a 4 year
> university. Just focus on doing your homework and
> study instead of drinking and banging random
> whores. if you cant get out of nvcc with a 3.0 at
> minimum, you are a typical shithead who deserves
> to flip burgers at mcdonalds and should give up on
> your dreams of a proper university education.
>
> most people find it difficult transferring from
> nova to a 4 yr due to the drastic difficulty
> between nova and the 4 year(like mason).
>
> its easy as long as you do your work and dont
> bullshit.

+10!

Posted by: Anon Y. Mouse ()
Date: June 21, 2012 07:17AM

The guaranteed admission agreements between NVCC and some of the prestige schools like UVa are an amazing deal. I'm sure you've read the list of requirements already; while they're non-trivial, they're definitely achievable.

Another poster noted that the level of difficulty between NVCC and a four-year university can be fairly dramatic. You need to begin preparing for that now.

How to prepare? Start by realizing that NVCC isn't going to spend a lot of time reaching out to help you achieve your goal. But the help is there. Start by going to meet with every one of your professors very early in the term. Tell them that you're pursuing the guaranteed transfer program, and tell them a little bit about the academic standards you need to achieve in order to accomplish this goal. Don't assume that they already know; many of NVCC's professors are adjuncts from other occupations and aren't deeply familiar with academic policy. Ask for a brief meeting once a week to review progress; this will keep you from falling behind in your classes and it will ensure that your efforts don't go unnoticed.

While your grades will primarily be determined by your mastery of the material in the course, there's always a subjective component. Your professors are human, and they're much more willing to go the extra mile for you if they realize that you're diligently pursuing your goals. If you're on the borderline between two letter grades, this can be a make-or-break difference.

This same strategy will help you once you arrive at a four-year university. I've never known someone to fail a course if they put the effort in to regularly contact the professor during office hours. This will ensure you're making satisfactory progress BEFORE you're facing an important exam, and it once again communicates to the professor that you care about the material and your academic success.

Good luck to you!

Posted by: barry_white ()
Date: June 21, 2012 07:27AM

I actually experienced the opposite. Most nova teachers (I wouldn't even go so far as to call them professors) could give a shit less whether or not you pass or fail. A lot of them are just there to collect a paycheck, nothing more nothing less. In essence they are just like the same state workers you see on the side of the road leaning against a shovel only they wear suits instead of orange vests. As for the students, let's just say there are so many shit bags there if that place were a toilet it would get clogged. Now if you just so happen to get your associate's from nova just make sure they don't try to fuck you over by saying you are short classes you already took. Nova is infamous for tying to do that in an attempt to fuck you over twice and collect more cash. After I transferred to a 4 year university where I completed my degree I was shocked at how much easier it was compared to nova. I was amazed that professors actually gave a crap about their students and put thought into their lesson plans. Of course don't let this discourage you from attending this fine state funded institution of higher learning. Experience it for yourself before you make your own opinion. Just don't get caught up in the wrong crowd which makes up 50% of the student body. The people who are on their 11th semester or found some $10 an hour job and think they're Donald Trumps and don't need a degree anymore.

Posted by: Parental Opinion ()
Date: June 21, 2012 07:31AM

> The guaranteed admission agreements between NVCC and some of the prestige
> schools like UVa are an amazing deal...

They are an acknowledgment by the educational system that the vast majority of dropouts from college happen before two years are up - those who have stuck it out, stick it out.

Posted by: Speaks ()
Date: June 21, 2012 09:07AM

"but I do get good grades when I applied myself."

Might want to start with remedial English

Posted by: Econ at UVA? ()
Date: June 21, 2012 09:19AM

Seriously? You screwed up in high school and you want to study Economics at UVa? Good luck! Hopefully you'll grow up at NOVA and realize your learning and education are YOUR responsibility. Make sure you take an upper level Statistics class and Calculus if you really want to study Econ at an elite university.

You've set a high goal for yourself - now you have to gain the skills and knowledge you need to achieve the goal!

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: June 21, 2012 10:50AM

Parental Opinion Wrote:
> > The guaranteed admission agreements between NVCC
> and some of the prestige
> > schools like UVa are an amazing deal...
>
> They are an acknowledgment by the educational
> system that the vast majority of dropouts from
> college happen before two years are up - those who
> have stuck it out, stick it out.

Agreed. A reason for that could also be that the first two years of any college are spent wasting time and money on classes you couldn't give two fucks about. If I'm a computer science major, why do I need 2 history classes, a philosphy class, a music class, and most of those "core cirriculum" classes? Answer: You don't. Reason: $$$, but they'll give you the "well rounded" argument or "how do you know what you really want to major in until you are exposed to it" argument.

Posted by: nvccisraddest ()
Date: June 21, 2012 11:09AM

Speaks Wrote:
> "but I do get good grades when I applied myself."
>
> Might want to start with remedial English

I will settle for "Shift Key 101".

Date: June 21, 2012 11:25AM

armand1694 Wrote:
> I just graduated high school in June and I didn't
> get into Mason, so I'll be attending the Loudoun
> Campus of NVCC, I intend to do the guaranteed
> transfer to UVA for Economics, and I'm wondering
> what level of difficulty I should expect from
> NVCC. I took to many AP's my Junior year of high
> school and I got lazy, so I had bad grades, but I
> do get good grades when I applied myself.

wait tables at Fridays

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: June 21, 2012 11:38AM

Warhawk Wrote:
> If I'm a computer science major, why
> do I need 2 history classes, a philosphy class, a
> music class, and most of those "core cirriculum"
> classes? Answer: You don't. Reason: $$$, but
> they'll give you the "well rounded" argument or
> "how do you know what you really want to major in
> until you are exposed to it" argument.

That's fine so long as that computer science major's job isn't going to require that he have much interaction with those outside his field. However when you start mixing with those in other fields or when your job involves not merely producing the product but also selling it, some of that useless well rounded crap comes in handy. When I was studying accounting I thought the marketing classes I was required to take and the psych class I took because I needed credits were a waste of time, but I probably use things I learned in those classes far more today than what I learned in some of those accounting classes.

Posted by: Realist ()
Date: June 21, 2012 11:46AM

Don't worry about it, if your achievement level was C's in high school than it will be C's in a community college.

You can kiss UVA goodbye, because you don't have a snowballs chance in hell of getting anything accomplished at UVA unless you bust your balls at NVCC. I doubt you have the discipline to do that. Kiss those dreams of a nice boat, hot wife, huge house and fancy car goodbye.

Have fun at NVCC, after that... when you pickup my trash can please put the can back on the driveway and please make sure to scrub the grill when you finish your shift at Wendy's.

Posted by: NVCC Fan ()
Date: June 21, 2012 01:24PM

I don't understand the cynicism of many of these posters. NVCC is a great deal and there are many dedicated professors teaching there (a number of whom also teach at 4-year schools). The best advice I can give you is to research potential profs on ratemyprofessors.com. You'll be able to tell pretty quickly who to seek out and who to avoid.

A word of caution - you have to be proactive in understanding the requirements of your program. The advising staff at NVCC (Annandale, anyway) is terrible. I found a major error in the advising sheet for my son's program. I couldn't get a straight answer regarding the requirements for transfer until I contacted GMU directly.

As far as transferring, a number of my son's friends went from NVCC to UVA - successfully - and are graduating with engineering degrees.

Give this kid a break. It sounds like he screwed around his last year of high school and has learned his lesson. He may wind up doing a lot better than kids who excelled in high school but just want to party in college.

Posted by: NVCCC ()
Date: June 21, 2012 01:46PM

Like with anything else in life, you get out of it what you put into it. If you want a leg up to get into UVA, bust your ass and get good grades. Do a lot of research so you know what you have to do before you start. Stay on your counselor the whole time so they know what is going on and engage with the teacher, don't sit like a rock in the back of class and wonder why the teacher doesn't like you.

Posted by: Olde Farte, II ()
Date: June 21, 2012 02:15PM

Warhawk Wrote:
> ...If I'm a computer science major, why
> do I need 2 history classes, a philosphy class, a
> music class, and most of those "core cirriculum"
> classes? Answer: You don't...

Hey! THIS CMSC major has had GREAT use out of my "Reading Swedish, Danish, and Norwegian" class!

Posted by: NVCCCCP ()
Date: June 21, 2012 03:19PM

Loudoun is a decent campus. Just do your work, don't fuck around, study. Take a break on the weekends to enjoy yourself but work hard. And look around every so often and realize that all your firends are off at big boy college because they got their shit together. When you realize this you'll get yours together as well.

Posted by: For Those Who Can't Go To A Real School ()
Date: June 21, 2012 04:17PM

It's like 13th grade...

Posted by: Joooooey ()
Date: June 21, 2012 05:49PM

NVCCCCP Wrote:
> Loudoun is a decent campus. Just do your work,
> don't fuck around, study. Take a break on the
> weekends to enjoy yourself but work hard. And look
> around every so often and realize that all your
> firends are off at big boy college because they
> got their shit together. When you realize this
> you'll get yours together as well.

Take it from someone who knows all too well, most of those 'friends' are going to wind up back home with Mom and Dad with a year or two's tuition wasted either because they couldn't cut it or because they fucked around too much. Big boy college is overrated. At least with NOVA if you stay on track you're guaranteed admissions to some very nice Virginia colleges, and if you fuck up then you only wasted a couple grand. Better than throwing 20k down the toilet because you had a "nervous breakdown".

Posted by: Captain 0bvious ()
Date: June 21, 2012 06:37PM

English and History courses at NOVA are typically easier and less-demanding than those of a high school level, whereas a 4-credit Science/Lab course requires a bit more time & effort than high school Physics or Bio(for example) in order to succeed.

As for Mathematics, the difficulty level depends on how advanced you go. Math for liberal arts is a cinch, whereas Calculus is relatively challenging whether you take the course at GMU or at NOVA.

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: June 21, 2012 06:59PM

fuck calc at nova.... fuck calc in general... nova math professors are so hit or miss it isn't even funny. rule of thumb with math professors, find one that speaks english as a first language and go with him.

Posted by: 1krider ()
Date: June 21, 2012 07:42PM

I ended up getting a GED half way through my senior year because my mom wanted to go back home to Germany. I ended up staying,joined the military, went to NOVA then to Mason. NOVA is not bad and cheap but like ^^^ said, its a hit or miss with professors. Some of them can barely speak english and its hard to understand them. Dare I mention my econ. Asian professor with a speach dissorder (I kid you not) .......

Date: June 21, 2012 08:51PM

btw i would highly suggest looking up professors on ratemyprofessor.com prior to signing up for classes. You'll see who are good,decent and shitty. Honestly its not that hard at nova. Some classes do require you put in effort, like calculus and science courses, but i found it easy to the point that simply paying attention in class was all i had to do (in terms of taking and passsing exams). That and doing the projects/workload.

Posted by: Father of a cable dog ()
Date: June 21, 2012 09:05PM

If you can't hack higher education, consider becoming a cable tv installer or directv installer.
They are not very smart but seem to make enough $$ to make ends meet.

Posted by: kvkmJ ()
Date: June 21, 2012 09:18PM

>> If I'm a computer science major, why do I need 2 history classes,
>> a philosphy class, a music class, and most of those "core cirriculum" classes?

Because your clients expect that they are hiring a college graduate and that you can speak at their level?

Posted by: Ito ()
Date: June 21, 2012 09:40PM

It used to be called a Liberal Education (the 19th Century definition, not the current political meaning). The idea behind it (copy and pasted):

-------------

Liberal Education is an approach to learning that empowers individuals and prepares them to deal with complexity, diversity, and change. It provides students with broad knowledge of the wider world (e.g. science, culture, and society) as well as in-depth study in a specific area of interest. A liberal education helps students develop a sense of social responsibility, as well as strong and transferable intellectual and practical skills such as communication, analytical and problem-solving skills, and a demonstrated ability to apply knowledge and skills in real-world settings.

The broad goals of liberal education have been enduring even as the courses and requirements that comprise a liberal education have changed over the years. Today, a liberal education usually includes a general education curriculum that provides broad learning in multiple disciplines and ways of knowing, along with more in-depth study in a major.

Date: June 22, 2012 12:26AM

I apologize for the poor grammar. It was late at night and I typed it up on my IPhone. I didn't mean to make myself sound like a half-wit bum. I only had poor grades my Junior year and I had a 3.9 my Senior year. The issue was that I that personal problems take over my year and with the combination of four AP's and all my problems, my grade point average plummeted. Again, I'm not some bum that never gave a shit in his whole life. I let a relationship take over my Junior year and now I have to go to community college while all my friends go off to college. I felt so bad that I didn't even attend my high school graduation.

Date: June 22, 2012 12:52AM

Don't worry armand, you're not alone. As others in this thread have posted, its actually one of the best decisions you can make to go to a community college for the first two years -- if anything for financial reasons.

I personally believe that most kids aren't ready for college work right out of high school. Not just for scholastic reasons, but as you mentioned, for personal and maturity reasons.

I think its a good idea for people to get a job or join the military after high school -- do anything that lets you see what the real world is like. When and if you go back to school, you will have a greater appreciation for what a higher education offers.

Having been in the IT field for many years, I can tell you I don't really give a crap where you went to school or what your GPA is. I'm looking for people who can think and are eager to learn. Some people learn this in school, some elsewhere. One of the main reasons why employers like to see a college degree on a resume is that it is a verifiable achievement.

All that being said, getting a degree, no matter where from is the best thing you can do in your life. Study hard, apply yourself, even to classes that you might think are bullshit.

The short answer to your question about NVCC applies to all college work: the harder you work at it, the easier it becomes.

Take your classes seriously. Don't just study to pass the test or make good grades, but take this opportunity to LEARN as much as you can. You never know when the knowledge you gain will help you.

Posted by: Weston ()
Date: June 22, 2012 01:20AM

armand1694 Wrote:
> I apologize for the poor grammar. It was late at
> night and I typed it up on my IPhone. I didn't
> mean to make myself sound like a half-wit bum. I
> only had poor grades my Junior year and I had a
> 3.9 my Senior year. The issue was that I that
> personal problems take over my year and with the
> combination of four AP's and all my problems, my
> grade point average plummeted. Again, I'm not some
> bum that never gave a shit in his whole life. I
> let a relationship take over my Junior year and
> now I have to go to community college while all my
> friends go off to college. I felt so bad that I
> didn't even attend my high school graduation.

A 3.9 senior year and you didn't get in anywhere? Christ, what kind of an outfit are they running in this county?
A friend of mine's daughter got wait-listed everywhere she applied because of her B average, despite a load of extracurriculars and a +2000 SAT score. Crazy. She'll probably have to go to NOVA too, even though she worked her ass off throughout high school and battled a math learning disorder for four years.
Kid, I'm sure you'll do fine. You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders. Good luck with UVA.

Date: June 22, 2012 02:59AM

frankly i think going to nova is for the best. saves you tons of money having to pay back and well, youll finish your undergrad knowing you wont have that much debt to face when you along with thousands of kids are interviewing for a single job.

nova, where the n stands for knowledge is what we used to say. its not bad, but if you can prove your worthiness at nova going to uva will be easier. just follow uvas guidelines to transfer and work your butt off. there are way too many 18-20 year old kids at nova who frankly dont belong there. they slack off and at the end of the semester they cry why they got the grade they got.

Posted by: NOVAman ()
Date: June 22, 2012 04:46PM

Realist Wrote:
> Don't worry about it, if your achievement level
> was C's in high school than it will be C's in a
> community college.
>
> You can kiss UVA goodbye, because you don't have a
> snowballs chance in hell of getting anything
> accomplished at UVA unless you bust your balls at
> NVCC. I doubt you have the discipline to do that.
> Kiss those dreams of a nice boat, hot wife, huge
> house and fancy car goodbye.
>
> Have fun at NVCC, after that... when you pickup my
> trash can please put the can back on the driveway
> and please make sure to scrub the grill when you
> finish your shift at Wendy's.

Wow, for someone who is giving off the impression on a "successful" person in society, you sure are ignorant. The kid was just asking for some advice on NVCC. Doesn't need to hear from some douche who's "hot wife" is probably out banging someone else because her loser husband is too busy handing out lectures and watching gay porn on his pc. See how that sounds? Please get a life, before you tell others how to live theirs.

Posted by: Like preschool ()
Date: June 22, 2012 06:38PM

same as preschool

Posted by: nvcc is a joke ()
Date: June 22, 2012 09:30PM

It's just a holding pattern for helicopter parents who don't want to tell their friends they raised failures.

I rented a room to a girl just out of Robinson and holy SNOOKIE.
Couldn't pay rent, drugs, door slammming til 4 am.
Mattresses on ground to reduce sound of banging random dudes each night.
Random dudes showing up in my basement at 2 am asking me if I want to come up to watch Hot Tub Time Machine with him.
When kicked out her room was COVERED with popcorn and mud!!

NVCC is a pretend to be in JERSEY SHORE orgy for a large percent of kids PRETENDING they are in college to get the experience before working their way up the ladder at CHEESECAKE FACTORY.

Date: June 23, 2012 01:30AM

I've already accepted the fact that I'm gonna be a hermit while at NOVA and I kinda don't mind. I'll be back packing in Europe with a high school friend and when we get back, he'll be off to UCLA and I'll be going to NOVA. Once school starts I'll be saving up for my next trip to Europe. I see NOVA as purgatory.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2012 11:45AM by armand1694.

Date: June 23, 2012 01:32AM

You're gonna love back packing through Europe. I did it every year from when I was 18 to 24.

Did you get a rail pass? If so, how much is it these days?

Date: June 23, 2012 01:38AM

Ah I just went ahead and checked...

$731 for a Global Pass for an 18 year old for a month! Its hard to believe, but I think it is only like $200 more than when I did it 20+ years ago! (Ooops I'm revealing my age here)

God I wish I could go back and do that all over again!

Edit (link):

http://www.raileurope.com/rail-tickets-passes/eurail-global-pass/index.html?WT.mc_id=CJ.eurail_pass.affiliates

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2012 01:39AM by Ito.

Date: June 23, 2012 01:44AM

Heh, its not that much more for adults either. Two adults, Global Pass for 1 month = $1900. This is the best way to see Europe. If you don't mind sleeping on the train, you can even save on money by taking overnight trains across the continent instead of booking hotel rooms.

From the site:
-----------------------

Here's what you get:
This pass gives you unlimited travel on the entire rail networks of: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Ireland (includes Northern Ireland), Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and The Netherlands.
The continuous pass is available for 15 days, 21 days, 1 month, 2 months or 3 months.
The flexipass is available for 10 or 15 days of travel within a 2 month period

Date: June 23, 2012 11:47AM

I just got my ticket to Zurich. One more week of work and I'll have enough money for the rail pass.

Date: June 24, 2012 02:53AM

A good place to start. I usually end up crisscrossing thru Switzerland on overnight trains. The views are incredible.

Enjoy your trip and the friends you make.

Posted by: John Wall ()
Date: June 24, 2012 03:40AM

does Herb Smith still teach at Annandale NVCC campus?

Date: June 25, 2012 12:54AM

Thanks, it'll make going to NOVA a little more bearable.

Date: June 25, 2012 01:46AM

seriously, nova isnt that bad. itll still have that hs "clicks" lingering around. The worst are the bums who want to bum a smoke. i charge anywhere from $1-$5 per cig. if these kids cant afford to smoke, they think ill give them free stuff?

anyways, nova is fine. i myself was one of those typical 18 yo kids who fucked up at nova many moons ago. Ive since grown up and focused on getting a degree (was in sales until economy took a dump). I find myself enjoying nova while my friends who went to mason now hate it due to how much more difficult it is (some cant party as much to maintain the same grade, others work full-time and realized they couldnt work full-time and going to classes full-time like nova)

Posted by: Yup ()
Date: June 25, 2012 01:24PM

John Wall Wrote:
> does Herb Smith still teach at Annandale NVCC
> campus?

Yes, yes he does. Quite the entertainer.

Posted by: NOVAthuggG ()
Date: June 25, 2012 02:13PM

The janks is pretty easy, and you get a ton of extra time to do whatev

Posted by: Captain 0bvious ()
Date: June 25, 2012 02:28PM

rob Wrote:
> seriously, nova isnt that bad.
> The worst are the bums who want to bum a smoke. i charge
> anywhere from $1-$5 per cig. if these kids cant
> afford to smoke, they think ill give them free stuff?

True story. While I was attending NOVA classes I declined numerous requests from complete strangers for courtesy cigarettes.
"Yo, I quit smoking last week. Think I could bum a cigarette off you?"
You mean you quit BUYING cigarettes a week ago? No. End of discussion.

Posted by: mr bump ()
Date: October 17, 2016 06:35PM

bump. is it really easy tho...

Posted by: mrs bump ()
Date: October 20, 2016 08:22PM

bump

Posted by: Bumpss ()
Date: July 19, 2017 01:18AM

A bunch of you are just shitheads who are cursing to make your lives better. You should appreciate the fact that you are getting an education, and btw, now that Trump is president, I hope he kicks all of you slackers out of our country who can't even speak English or have the intelligence to study at school at all bc NOVA is made for people who even study and want to save money for their family financially. So stop bitching! Yeah nova may not be the best thing in the whole entire world, but if you focus and work hard, you can save your family money and transfer to your dream school. If you have friends who did it, then you can do it. Have a positive attitude and before you know it, time will fly by and you will already be proud of your transferred institution. So shut up and get back to work already!

Posted by: 2ndChance ()
Date: July 19, 2017 10:11AM

Don't be discouraged and learn from your mistakes.

For what it's worth, I had a law professor who had been a bored-out-of-her-mind housewife who started taking classes at a Community College (not NVCC) who then ended up at prestigious Wellesley College. The CC she attended, she said, was more difficult than Wellesley, but she worked hard and did well. Enjoy your journey and ignore the trolls....

Posted by: 7wylk ()
Date: July 19, 2017 11:18AM

Two Cents Wrote:
> rob Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > depends on your teacher, but easier than a 4
> year
> > university. Just focus on doing your homework
> and
> > study instead of drinking and banging random
> > whores. if you cant get out of nvcc with a 3.0
> at
> > minimum, you are a typical shithead who
> deserves
> > to flip burgers at mcdonalds and should give up
> on
> > your dreams of a proper university education.
> >
> > most people find it difficult transferring from
> > nova to a 4 yr due to the drastic difficulty
> > between nova and the 4 year(like mason).
> >
> > its easy as long as you do your work and dont
> > bullshit.
>
> +10!

neither of you know shit

#1 NVCC is cheaper (was?)

NVCC is a trimester not a quarter, so 5 cred math at NVCC covers ALLOT MORE material than at GMU

HOWEVER not all of the extra credits transfer in a way usable, ie 1.5 cred MTH101 "extra" adds to degree how? It doesn't.

-----------------------

they give illegals loans they know will be paid by green card sharon-bull-o-va and have arranged alexandria campus to be a "step up place" for that, laugh about giving 'parking tickets' illegally, do not honor their words in writing even on federal mandated forms,

I'M AN EYE WITNESS. THEY BOTH DOWNGRADE WHITE STUDENTS FOR CONSERVATIVE VIEWS ESSAY AND UP-GRADE ILLEGALS WHO CANNOT SPEAK ENGLISH (ex, in ENG 111)

NVCC is newly running hispanic led "how to be a ghoul" classes!

i have thick books from there i cannot use

they are in on literature FRAUD (a lifetime of theft has no limitiation, in the law)

the deptartment heads continually change books and book editions (ie, 13th ed.) so that students cannot use older or used books

they key test material to books so that "simply being universally educated" does not allow one to pass a test

Posted by: 7wylk ()
Date: July 19, 2017 11:25AM

^^ shall i go on? because there's allot more where that came from

OH FORGOT: BIG TOPIC. they act in ways to promote students to re-take classes which ups their pay.

Onto GMU - there are accusations (not only of advertising to illegals to get loans and opening classes to teach "how to be a democrat") but TO DELAY people from getting doctorates (the accusation is that by delaying, they have less competition, because doctors can apply to work at colleges)

IN GENERAL THEY BOTH TEACH ALLOT OF THINGS never needed in any job keyed to books to keep students in school LONGER which means more money for them. Useless questions and information, simply there to delay.

BIG TOPIC: are they really teaching university? no. are they really teaching useful theory and expecting educated learners figure minor details for themselves? no. however they do teach certification courses, but that leads to another scam that gov workers don't have to certify if already in gov yet others need to continually re-certify, "experience" - AND GOV is more and more demanding certification for *everything* except working retail (yet)

Posted by: mjj7h ()
Date: July 19, 2017 11:28AM

parroting a democrat hacked (ie, easier books more junk info) book and keying tests to parrot a book is exactly what older universities avoided

book smarts doesn't mean shit

especially when the books have been dumbed down and rigged

Posted by: phd ()
Date: July 19, 2017 03:02PM

I'm on academic probation at NOVA. I failed my Badminton PE class and got a D in Remedial Math 001 - Fractions.

Will this hurt my chances of transferring to Harvard?

Posted by: Brain dead ()
Date: July 19, 2017 06:16PM

Nova nuggets....ahhhh, what headcases.
Johnnys dad: "you're on drugs and u can't hold a job"
Johnny: "I'll go to nova"

When I pick up a UPS route and have to deliver to NOVA, I either see hot bitches that were too busy sucking dick in high school and didn't think about their future,

OR,

really nice cars in the parking lot bc they prioritized having a nice car rather than getting good grades in high school.

And before you faggggs bash UPS, I went to Tech and was laid off from an IT job with 3 kids.UPS interviewed and hired me immediately.

Nova s mascot is snowflakes and their logo is a participation trophy

Posted by: Inquisitive One ()
Date: July 19, 2017 06:32PM

If you have anything other than a 4.0 after the first semester hang it up and become a plumber.

Posted by: nortn va comunity coleges ()
Date: July 19, 2017 09:32PM

Hi!! I has gone to the colege you are talks abouts!! yes! very hards for you to get graduates from here! i has study very much and i only most close graduateds from here!!

pleese just pays atantion to your teechers and even to your clas mates!! thens you can even graduateds and even get good jobs in macdonalds restrant!!

Posted by: Fantom.Shitter ()
Date: July 20, 2017 12:06AM

Brain dead Wrote:
> Nova nuggets....ahhhh, what headcases.
> Johnnys dad: "you're on drugs and u can't hold a
> job"
> Johnny: "I'll go to nova"
>
> When I pick up a UPS route and have to deliver to
> NOVA, I either see hot bitches that were too busy
> sucking dick in high school and didn't think about
> their future,
>
> OR,
>
> really nice cars in the parking lot bc they
> prioritized having a nice car rather than getting
> good grades in high school.
>
> And before you faggggs bash UPS, I went to Tech
> and was laid off from an IT job with 3 kids.UPS
> interviewed and hired me immediately.
>
> Nova s mascot is snowflakes and their logo is a
> participation trophy

Only faggots drive a truck for a living.

Posted by: Robert Lee ()
Date: July 20, 2017 06:04AM

I took a bunch of classes there (cs, math, physics, statics and dynamics). I felt like the professors better than at my 4 year school. More into teaching vs doing research and having to teach to use the facilities. Like any school, you only get out of it what you put into it.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.