HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Genius gives away his BMW at Fairfax Hooters
Posted by: PLW ()
Date: June 19, 2012 09:23AM

Can you believe this? From the Fairfax City Police:

Unauthorized use of a vehicle

12-11066

10334 Fairfax Blvd / Hooters Restaurant – On June 17 at 9:04 PM the complainant advised the evening of June 9, he allowed an unknown male and female to use his 2000 BMW 740iL as long as they would return it the following day. The victim further reported that the vehicle was never returned and that several personal items were in the vehicle as well. The Patrol Division is investigating this case.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Genius gives away his BMW at Fairfax Hooters
Posted by: obamacare ()
Date: June 19, 2012 09:25AM

"and that several personal items were in the vehicle as well"

You mean like his brains

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: June 19, 2012 09:33AM

his fleshlight

Date: June 19, 2012 09:41AM

Stupid drunkard.

drunk%20feel.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: say what ()
Date: June 19, 2012 10:28AM

And it took him 8 days to report it?

Date: June 19, 2012 10:41AM

say what Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And it took him 8 days to report it?

Some wild speculation here...

One, he probably thought they would bring it back at some point and it took him eight days to realize it wasn't coming back.

Two, he was incredibly embarrassed and it took him that long to muster up the guts to make the call to the police.

Three, the "personal items" are embarrassing, illegal or both.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: Wedt ()
Date: June 19, 2012 11:05AM

I lot doesn't add up here. So he went to Hooters met this couple and said "Hey I'll walk home. Here's the keys to my BMW, bring it back to Hooters tomorrow?"

Posted by: PLW ()
Date: June 19, 2012 11:20AM

I wonder if his car insurance will cover this? Har..har....

Posted by: Ded ()
Date: June 19, 2012 11:30AM

I'm surprised by how many couples and women go to Hooters these days. I'm guessing the guy got drunk, the couple drove him home and then kept the car.

The probably said "Keep the car."

Posted by: Girl ()
Date: June 19, 2012 11:41AM

Ded Wrote:
> I'm surprised by how many couples and women go to
> Hooters these days. I'm guessing the guy got
> drunk, the couple drove him home and then kept the
> car.
>
> The probably said "Keep the car."
I am one of those girls who go to Hooters for the wings ;)

Posted by: Taylor ()
Date: June 19, 2012 12:03PM

Look, in all fairness, they PROMISED me that they'd bring it "RIGHT BACK"!

Posted by: strange story ()
Date: June 19, 2012 12:24PM

I think drugs were involved. Plus hookers.

PS I have never been inside a Hooters. The place sounds gross and sticky.

Posted by: Ms.Cathy ()
Date: June 19, 2012 02:35PM

strange story Wrote:
> I think drugs were involved. Plus hookers.
>
> PS I have never been inside a Hooters. The place
> sounds gross and sticky.

You should try it sometime. No, it's not "gross and sticky".
Love the wings.

Posted by: Ms. Cathy? ()
Date: June 19, 2012 04:00PM

Is it full of gross men? It sounds like you know the place well.

Posted by: Carl Grossmen ()
Date: June 19, 2012 05:55PM

"Is it full of gross men? It sounds like you know the place well."

gross man here. great a/c on a hots summer day and i like the tater tots and genrally stick with 20% tip even if I get to see tater tots eeewwwwwwwww

Posted by: Ms. Cathy ()
Date: June 19, 2012 06:00PM

Ms. Cathy? Wrote:
> Is it full of gross men? It sounds like you know
> the place well.

The men are the same ones you see everywhere else around here. You also see families.
A lot of the girls who work there are college students and most of them have boyfriends.
They don't date old men either.

Posted by: NRA 75 ()
Date: June 19, 2012 06:13PM

>

What planet are you on? How can anyone not love any combination of boobs, beer, wings?

Posted by: Carl Grossmen jr. ()
Date: June 19, 2012 06:41PM

Hooters got new after 9 pm fried food specials. lots of good half priced stuff

belly up to the bar fat arses. always served with a smile but in the corner of their eyes you can detect just a tad of eeeewwwwwwwww

Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: June 19, 2012 08:36PM

Probably involved a fake lottery ticket and a promise to split the proceeds "if you let us borrow your car to go to Richmond to cash it in". Something along those lines. It's amazing what stupid people will hand over if they think they're going to get a lot of money later.

Posted by: Hilda ()
Date: June 19, 2012 09:05PM

Do you know how many problems 2000 7 Series tend to have? He was probably hoping that they WOULDN'T bring it back. lol

Posted by: Toyota ()
Date: June 20, 2012 05:11AM

Any everytime I think of Hooters...

Hooters Girl Competes In Contest Thinking She'll Win A Toyota, Actually Wins Toy Yoda
http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/934904.html

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Apparently it was all part of an April Fool's Joke. Seriously thought, that's a pretty cruel joke. Especially because she kind of looks like Yoda. That's how feelings get hurt.

UPDATE: Apparently Hooters settled for an undisclosed amount of money that was more than enough to buy a Toyota. Dammit Hooters, stick to your wings guns.

Hooters Girl thought she was getting a Free Toyota in Drinking Contest [idiotbrain]

Thanks to Shannon, who once entered a contest for an Oldsmobile, won, and got an Alexander Calder original worth millions. Well done!
Attachments:
toy yoda.bmp

Posted by: Hank Moody ()
Date: June 20, 2012 06:12PM

How much you want to bet his wife turns up missing?

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: June 20, 2012 08:51PM

obamacare Wrote:
> "and that several personal items were in the
> vehicle as well"
>
> You mean like his brains

Lol, +1 spot on.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: 113 ()
Date: June 20, 2012 09:39PM

strange story Wrote:

It is just like any other sports bar in the area, with the same clientele and more or less the same waitresses. The only things that make it different are that there are no waiters and there is an overall "politically incorrect" snarkiness. "Delightfully tacky yet tastefully unrefined" like it says on the back of the t-shirts.

The food is generally good (for a sports bar) but I rarely go to any of them around here because the service has been poor every time I've gone.

Posted by: McHooters! ()
Date: June 26, 2012 09:54PM

Posted by: Huge Hefner jr. ()
Date: June 27, 2012 08:28AM

I went to Fairfax Hooters the other night. enjoyed some Buffalo shrimp, muy caliente. Key Lime Pie and 5 beers. I asked the hooter gal if she'd like to have my 10 year old chevy truck if she'd drive me home. She just laughed and walked away. But I wasn't kidding. sigh

Posted by: Mr. Insensitive ()
Date: July 12, 2012 03:48AM

IT'S ALMOST FRIDAY!!!
Attachments:
waitress sht faced.jpg

Posted by: McGruff - The Crime Dog! ()
Date: July 12, 2012 06:50AM

Man Loans BMW to Troubled Couple at Hooters
The car was never returned.
By Whitney Rhodes
July 10, 2012
http://burke.patch.com/articles/man-loans-bmw-to-troubled-couple-at-hooters

A Burke man loaned his BMW to two strangers who told him a tale of woe at the Fairfax City Hooters last month. He's still waiting for them to return the car.

Police are still looking for the grey 2000 BMW 740iL as well as the engagement ring, laptop, DVDs and clothing that were in the vehicle when the man loaned it out.

The man, who claimed he was a frequent customer at the Hooters on Route 50, told the two suspects they could take his car to a wedding after theirs broke down, according to The Washington Post. They were supposed to return it to the parking lot the next morning.

He eventually reported the car stolen on June 17. It's still missing.

"The suspects were described as a white male with curly brown hair, about 5 feet 10, average build, and a white female with long brown hair, about 5 feet 5, average build. That narrows it down to about 40 million people," the Post's Tom Jackman wrote.
Attachments:
35b71635ccd94038d1ffe3fd8e1c69b.jpg

Posted by: Wheels ()
Date: July 12, 2012 06:51AM

Burke man gives away his BMW at Hooters
By Tom Jackman
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-state-of-nova/post/burke-man-gives-away-his-bmw-at-hooters/2012/07/10/gJQAgvX2ZW_blog.html?tid=pm_local_pop

In another age, loaning your car to complete strangers and telling them to just bring it back the next day would have had a happy ending. Doing it recently at the Hooters restaurant in Fairfax City? Not so much.

A 46-year-old Burke man reported to police that he was inside the Hooters on Route 50 on a Saturday evening last month when a couple came in and asked him for directions. The couple further revealed the heartbreaking development that they were on their way to a wedding when their vehicle broke down, Fairfax City Sgt. Joe Johnson said.

Apparently deeply moved, the Hooters patron “advised them they could use his car,” a gray 2000 BMW 740iL, Johnson said. He also “told the unknown subjects to return the car to the parking lot the next day and give the keys to the employees” at Hooters, where he was apparently well known, Johnson said.

After leaving with the car, the couple actually returned later when they were unable to figure out how to open the gas tank, Johnson said. The Hooters patron helpfully showed them. And then off they went to the “wedding.”

And that’s the last our Hooters patron saw of his BMW.

When the good samaritan returned to Hooters the next day and found that his car had not been returned, he told police that he checked at other area Hooters restaurants, in case it had turned up there. After eight days and no BMW, he flagged down a Fairfax City officer and reported the sad tale.

And here’s the even sadder part: He had left a yellow engagement ring in the car, Johnson said, as well as a laptop computer, DVDs, and clothing. No value was available for the ring. The BMW 740iL originally retailed for at least $62,000, but the car’s Blue Book value now is estimated at about $8,000.

The suspects were described as a white male with curly brown hair, about 5 feet 10, average build, and a white female with long brown hair, about 5 feet 5, average build. That narrows it down to about 40 million people.

Johnson said he was not familiar with any prior use of the “we-need-to-get-to-a-wedding-can-we-have-your-car scam” before. “I’ve heard of people using a scam to get money,” Johnson said. “But no one’s ever said, ‘Here’s my car, take it.’ That’s a wild one.”

NOTE: The Hooters patron reported his car stolen on June 17, but due to other obligations, I was unable to post this story until now. However, Sgt. Johnson advises that the BMW and the suspects remain at large. If you have any information about the case, call the Fairfax City police at 703-385-7924 or Crime Solvers at 703-591-9477.

A 2000 BMW 740iL, similar to the one stolen from the Hooters in Fairfax City by a couple headed to a "wedding." They probably weren't even a couple. (Roberto Arias)
Attachments:
bmw2.jpg

Posted by: Snark Vark ()
Date: July 20, 2012 01:13PM

Posted by: baloonknot ()
Date: July 22, 2012 11:12AM

on top of what the WAPO article said, the victim didn't want to pursue charges either. THe car had been sitting there for weeks.

Posted by: lollo ()
Date: July 22, 2012 03:13PM

At least the people who borrowed it were nice. It was perfectly undamaged and all the contents were still inside. Shows that there are still good people out there.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.