HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Just for Men - Monkey Man Cards in Chantilly
Posted by: Monkey Man ()
Date: June 19, 2012 05:37AM

Just for Men
Posted on June 15, 2012 at 7:46 am
http://centreville.patch.com/blog_posts/just-for-men

So Father’s Day weekend approaches and there you are, perusing the offerings of your nearest greeting card store. After forty-three cards and almost as many papercuts, you still haven’t found “the one”. They’re all like blah blah blah golf…blah blah blah beer…blah blah blah fishin’…blah blah blah Luke, I am your father (with music, of course). Okay, okay – that one’s a little bit funny.

Wouldn’t it be nice, though, to have another option? Maybe a local small business to support? Maybe they donate a percentage of profits to charity? Maybe their cards would capture what you really wanted to say on any given occasion.

Oh, wait. There is!

Introducing: Spreckled Monkey Man Cards. I know, I know – it sounds iffy, but it’s totally clean (mostly). I already checked it out (mostly). Two guys named Mike and Scott started the company, with the purpose of providing greeting card options “specifically designed for the modern man”. I’m not sure exactly what that means, but it’s interesting, right?

To read all about how the company got started, click here. It’s a pretty funny story and it’s best you hear it directly from them.

They have cards for just about every occasion and some “just because”. Best of all, they are based right here in Centreville, and you know how we like to support our own whenever possible.

So check out the website, take a look around, throw a few items in the cart and bookmark the page for later. And of course - don’t forget to like it, tweet it, pin it and share.

Note: In case you are wondering, a “Spreckled Monkey “is something that Mike made up during his childhood. I know you’lll Google it anyway, but I assure you - they only exist in Mike’s imagination.

Another note: In the event you find any typos on the website, do not alert the company. Someone else is already on it. There are no prizes for finding mistakes. I know, because I already asked.

We wish Spreckled Monkey the best of luck and hope that business is booming.

If a Spreckled Monkey did exist, it would look something like this.Credit Tanya Rapp
Attachments:
648510533cc96c73410504e996237254.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.