HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Food Stamps
Posted by: Seith ()
Date: June 18, 2012 05:29PM

Where do I apply for food stamps? I went to the website and it says this "The SNAP online application is temporarily unavailable. Please print and complete a written Application for Benefits (See steps to apply below for details).
"
Does anyone know where I can go or can someone help me apply?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Food Stamps
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: June 18, 2012 05:38PM

go to Govt Center

Re: Food Stamps
Posted by: OH SNAP! ()
Date: June 18, 2012 05:42PM

You can go to the Pennino Building at the government center, and apply in person on their kiosks there M-F 8-4:30. The center is on the 2nd floor.

Once you apply, they are quick to get you an appointment, usually within 2-3 days of application. If they have time they might even take you while you are there.

DO Bring birth certificates for yourself and all kids, social security, id's, and any bank statements or whatever, they will check all IDs. Once they are comfy you are under the financial guidelines, you are in. Once they say approved, your card will show in the mail. All in all from application to card in hand, expect to wait 2 weeks.

I used them last year when I hit hard times and got laid off. It was a lifesaver. I am glad it is there for us working class folk.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.