HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fairfax County Police Department is accepting applications for the Citizens Police Academy
Posted by: McGruff - The Crime Dog! ()
Date: June 14, 2012 07:05PM

Law Enforcement, Behind the Scenes
The Fairfax County Police Department is accepting applications for the Citizens Police Academy, which teaches residents about preventing and solving crime.
June 12, 2012
http://centreville.patch.com/articles/law-enforcement-behind-the-scenes

Interested in law enforcement? Want to learn what happens behind the scenes? Looking for an opportunity to get involved in your community?

The Fairfax County Police Department is now accepting applications to its fall Citizens Police Academy, which will be held Sept. 13 – Nov. 17. The Citizens Police Academy is designed to provide members of the public with a unique “glimpse behind the badge.” Participants will learn about the breadth of resources involved in preventing and solving crime and the daily challenges faced by police officers.

Classes will be held on ten consecutive Thursday evenings from 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. at various police facilities throughout the county. Graduation will be held on Saturday, Nov. 17 from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Firearms Range and Emergency Vehicle Operations Center in Chantilly. All classes will be taught in English.

The program is offered free of charge. Applicants are required to live or work in Fairfax County, must be 18 years of age, and provide their own transportation to and from training. Acceptance is subject to review of applicant’s criminal record and police contact history. Only two class absences are permitted.

For more information or to download an application, visit the website or email CPA@fairfaxcounty.gov. Applicants are encouraged to submit their application by June 30, 2012 for consideration for the fall academy.

Information provided by the Fairfax County Police Department.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fairfax County Police Department is accepting applications for the Citizens Police Academy
Posted by: Bobcat ()
Date: June 15, 2012 09:08PM

I'm surprised this thread went for almost two hours without someone else posting this.
Attachments:
police_academy_four.jpg

Re: Fairfax County Police Department is accepting applications for the Citizens Police Academy
Posted by: celebrating diversity ()
Date: June 16, 2012 09:59AM

"All classes will be taught in English" too funny that they had to add that

Posted by: Blurp ()
Date: June 16, 2012 01:05PM

I salute the police. They put their lives on the line by getting fatter and fatter in the name of justice. Why, when I see 3 or 4 cop cars at the scene of a traffic violation stop, it just brings tears to my eyes. God bless America.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"The horse jumped over the fucking fence." - Kurt Vonnegut

Posted by: Steve Guttenberg... ()
Date: June 16, 2012 02:44PM

Bobcat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm surprised this thread went for almost two
> hours without someone else posting this.

Posted by: ashley nyagbona ()
Date: June 20, 2012 08:35AM

Hi there. I'm ashley nyagbona and I want to know if I'm qualified to become a police officer. It is a pleasure for me to go after this dream of wanting to become a police of justice

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.