HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Red Dog Spa
Posted by: JimE ()
Date: June 14, 2012 11:20AM

What happened to Red Dog Spa at Fairfax Towne Center? All of a sudden the store is closed. It was a nice store and the prices were reasonable

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Red Dog Spa
Posted by: Hay Zeus ()
Date: June 14, 2012 12:54PM

The owner was trying to sell it on her own.

A buddy of mine was actually interested in the business to give his wife something to do and inquired about it. The owner, (I assume) was not expeirenced with selling a business and wasn't very willing to discuss even basic business financial information. As soon as her asked for a 2011 income statement she ran off scared.

Posted by: not what I was told ()
Date: June 15, 2012 08:26PM

The landlord raised her rent; she is looking to reopen in another space. She send out emails to customers who provided that information on their contact paperwork. I assume it will open somewhere else at some point. I spoke to her because I have been a customer for years.

I hope they open somewhere soon.

Posted by: ya'll dont know ()
Date: June 15, 2012 08:32PM

I know the owner personally - she's awesome. She had a family matter that caused her to sell the business. All her stuff legit - I am sorry if anyone had a different impression.

Posted by: not what I was told ()
Date: June 15, 2012 08:42PM

Is she planning on reopening somewhere else as she stated in her emails?

I know that she is 'legit' in the sense that she is a wonderful person and business owner. I am crushed that she has closed.....please let her know that her customers are feeling lost and our dogs are in need of her services!

Posted by: You have truly no idea ()
Date: October 07, 2012 08:38PM

I had a friend working there for close to a year. She often tell me the stress they went through because the owner made them work through breaks, they were lucky if they even had time to take one, apparently getting a break there was rare. They never were paid over time even though they worked 9hour shifts 5day a week. And she showed me a picture she took of the holiday season work schedule that was coming for December 2011, the store owner was going to have her groomers working 11hour shifts 6days straight without overtime pay .One of the girls complained about the unfairness and unlawful practice they were running and she was let go because of it. This wasn't the first time the employees were miss treated, several different employees over the years were treated poorly. I know several of them. The owner is known for how poorly they treat their employees in the grooming community. Its unfortunate because the shop was a great idea and could have done so well, it was just poor management skills. Ultimately this is why they closed down.

Posted by: Mikr ()
Date: January 26, 2015 04:24PM

The last post of mistreatment of employees is a fact. The owner was always uptight, no clue how to run a business. It seemed perhaps her husband may have he,leed her open the store as hobby for her. The prices of merchandise was high end, wrong zip code. Owner was more focused on reputation vs. Following Vrginia Lbir Laws. The first year the turnover of groomers was frequent. Concept was good, can't runa retail establishment like a dictatorship. Ended up following one of the the groomers who quit & get wonderful service now at another establishment t for the kast 3 years.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.