HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Somali traveler ()
Date: June 09, 2012 11:06PM

I have been watching a lot of Open-carry, Police encounters on youtube that happen outside of Virginia and it had me wondering....

Let's say i am open carrying in Annandale walking down the street minding my own business. Some guy calls the cops, and Fairfax show's up.

Now, could they stop me to ask for my ID? Would that be considered a Detention? Because watching those videos (and reading the comments), some of these guy's are arguing with the police about being stopped while they were walking down the streets.

I know the Police have to come out and investigate every time someone calls them, and cops are doing their job, but wouldn't that defeat the whole purpose of "Open Carrying" that u can't walk the down streets without being stopped by the cops?

Another thing, when they stop you they obviously ask for you ID and they know who you.....could they put that in a file and that next time they are called, they could just say "hey, it's that dude walking around showing off his guns again"? I mean because if i were to be stopped everytime i step outside, i might as well save myself the trouble and not carry it.

Sorry for the rant, this is all new to me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: snakeinthegrass ()
Date: June 09, 2012 11:12PM

Brandishing would be one thing, but my friend has never had a problem with it in a holster.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: ST ()
Date: June 09, 2012 11:12PM

Oh and another thing, why is there myriad of different laws about guns in the U.S.A? Why can't there be a uniform approach to all these different state laws that exist here? For example, i read that you can't open carry in Maryland, but it's legal in Virginia. And if i am correct, NYC doesn't even allow firearms.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Four Hour Club ()
Date: June 09, 2012 11:19PM

There's not a uniform approach because the constitution lets states decide for themselves whether to be sane or to be California. Personally, I'm glad it's not a lowest common denominator or average across all 50 states.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Johnny Galt ()
Date: June 09, 2012 11:27PM

ST Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh and another thing, why is there myriad of
> different laws about guns in the U.S.A? Why can't
> there be a uniform approach to all these different
> state laws that exist here? For example, i read
> that you can't open carry in Maryland, but it's
> legal in Virginia. And if i am correct, NYC
> doesn't even allow firearms.

Ummm, plz read the Constitution, specifically the section on State's rights.

One of the upshots of the having States is that if you don't like the laws of one state, you can move to another State. If all the laws were Federal and didn't like the laws, you would have to move to a different country.

Firearm laws are just a tiny subset of laws that differ from state to state. Speed limits, taxes, gay rights, crimes, sentencing, etc etc etc.


So if the Feds decided guns were illegal you would be fine with that, because hey, at least it's uniform.....

-jg

p.s. Oh you mad cuz I'm stylin' on you?

-
-
-

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: gun owner ()
Date: June 09, 2012 11:36PM

the cops can make contact with you on a complaint like that, but if you arent doing anything wrong, theres nothing to worry about. usually they will just ask for some id, and a few minutes later you are on your way. typically they wont even bother stopping you unless there is a suspected crime to go with it. ffx co pd is trained pretty good on these situations. i dont agree with open carrying, simply because people know you are packing. i want it to be a surprize if i need to protect myself with my gun. you also run the risk of some dirt bag assaulting you and taking the gun from you, and then using it on you. a ccw permit is very easy to obtain and is not very expensive. then you have the element of surprize if you ever need it. i wouldnt like to have all the states on the same page of gun ownership. md laws are one reason i left there. you cant get a ccw permit there unless you carry large amounts of cash, or have had your life threatened and it still has to be approved, and usually it doesnt. a friend was a private investigator in md, and it took him forever to get his, and only got it because of the person he worked for. cali, nyc, dc, chicago are not gun friendly states/cities. in a few years, that might change with the recent dc ruling a year or two ago about gun ownership in the city.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: JustanFYI ()
Date: June 10, 2012 12:34AM

You may want to join and ask more questions here:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?130-Virginia

A lot of good reading as well. I personally conceal carry, and only openly carry in places I'm comfortable doing so.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: JustanFYI ()
Date: June 10, 2012 12:38AM

gun owner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the cops can make contact with you on a complaint
> like that, but if you arent doing anything wrong,
> theres nothing to worry about. usually they will
> just ask for some id, and a few minutes later you
> are on your way. typically they wont even bother
> stopping you unless there is a suspected crime to
> go with it. ffx co pd is trained pretty good on
> these situations. i dont agree with open carrying,
> simply because people know you are packing. i want
> it to be a surprize if i need to protect myself
> with my gun. you also run the risk of some dirt
> bag assaulting you and taking the gun from you,
> and then using it on you. a ccw permit is very
> easy to obtain and is not very expensive. then you
> have the element of surprize if you ever need it.


I agree, you should NEVER openly carry a firearm unless you are confident in how to handle it and prevent it from being used again you. Likelyness of this happening, is VERY VERY slim.

However, the advantage to openly carrying is the same as having a marked police cruiser. Just the presence of it will typically deter crime or a threat. The "bad guy" will probably think twice if he sees a few citizens inside of a business openly carrying. However, if everyone is concealed, he will not know there is a threat and decide to try something.

That argument is exactly why "gun free zones" have more crime. If the bad guy knows none of the good guys have firearms, they now carry the advantage.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: June 10, 2012 12:48AM

gun owner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the cops can make contact with you on a complaint
> like that, but if you arent doing anything wrong,
> theres nothing to worry about. usually they will
> just ask for some id, and a few minutes later you
> are on your way. typically they wont even bother
> stopping you unless there is a suspected crime to
> go with it. ffx co pd is trained pretty good on
> these situations. i dont agree with open carrying,
> simply because people know you are packing. i want
> it to be a surprize if i need to protect myself
> with my gun. you also run the risk of some dirt
> bag assaulting you and taking the gun from you,
> and then using it on you. a ccw permit is very
> easy to obtain and is not very expensive. then you
> have the element of surprize if you ever need it.
> i wouldnt like to have all the states on the same
> page of gun ownership. md laws are one reason i
> left there. you cant get a ccw permit there unless
> you carry large amounts of cash, or have had your
> life threatened and it still has to be approved,
> and usually it doesnt. a friend was a private
> investigator in md, and it took him forever to get
> his, and only got it because of the person he
> worked for. cali, nyc, dc, chicago are not gun
> friendly states/cities. in a few years, that might
> change with the recent dc ruling a year or two ago
> about gun ownership in the city.


I read that they were working really heard to train cops around here on those sort of situations so there would be a well defind procedure that worked well.

As for the CCW permit, I'm not sure about the reality of it all, but according to VA code the local LEO or prosecutor can submit a reason for why it should be denied if they have some "Proof" or personal knowledge behind their reasoning for such. If so, then in some areas all you have to do is piss off the wrong person and that would seem to screw you over for obtaining a permit.


As per the States rights, of course I'd like to see us have the ability to carry everywhere, but I'm glad our States can do certain things independently. Look at Canada for instance, where their firearms law covers ever province equally. Do you really think that some idiot in an urban area around Toronto should have the right to dictate firearms laws to those dwelling in the NWT or Yukon? Fortunately, the provincial prosecutors in those areas have been reluctant to uphold the restrictions, and that's the only thing preventing many Canadians from going to prison for doing nothing more than protecting themselves in a wild environment (Where the nearest LEO may be days away).

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Options: ReplyQuote
what what WHAT!?!?!
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: June 10, 2012 08:02AM

"That argument is exactly why "gun free zones" have more crime. If the bad guy knows none of the good guys have firearms, they now carry the advantage."

show me a link where that is stated cause that sounds like COMPLETE BULLSHIT...........and it's gotta be a link to a neutral website with you know, actual facts.

Cause the only sites I see that even suggest something like that is true are sites where the next news story has to do with 9/11 conspiracy or alien sitings...... o_0

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Guns are cool ()
Date: June 10, 2012 09:18AM

I think the following side-by-side comparisons should satisfy at least some of Gordon's incredulity, given that D.C. has ridiculous gun laws while Virginia has reasonable gun laws:

FBI's Crime Index Rates Per 100,000 Inhabitants for Year 2010

D.C. Virginia
Population 601,723 8,001,024
Index 6,109.1 2,540.8
Violent 1,330.2 213.6
Property 4,778.9 2,327.2
Murder 21.9 4.6
Forcible Rape 31.1 19.1
Robbery 718.8 70.7
Aggravated assault 558.4 119.1
Burglary 703.1 382.8
Larceny Theft 3,238.9 1,812.5
Vehicle Theft 836.9 131.8

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Kilton ()
Date: June 10, 2012 09:33AM

Somali traveler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Let's say i am open carrying in Annandale walking
> down the street minding my own business. Some guy
> calls the cops, and Fairfax show's up.

LOL, another buffoon spending time worrying about what's really important in life: feeding his attention-starved inner self by walking around with a gun.

> i might as well save myself the trouble and not carry it.

Nonsense. How will you get people to look at you if you aren't carrying? Try thinking things through a little more, will you?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: stay calm ()
Date: June 10, 2012 09:38AM

Somali traveler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have been watching a lot of Open-carry, Police
> encounters on youtube that happen outside of
> Virginia and it had me wondering....
>
> Let's say i am open carrying in Annandale walking
> down the street minding my own business. Some guy
> calls the cops, and Fairfax show's up.
>
> Now, could they stop me to ask for my ID? Would
> that be considered a Detention? Because watching
> those videos (and reading the comments), some of
> these guy's are arguing with the police about
> being stopped while they were walking down the
> streets.
>
> I know the Police have to come out and investigate
> every time someone calls them, and cops are doing
> their job, but wouldn't that defeat the whole
> purpose of "Open Carrying" that u can't walk the
> down streets without being stopped by the cops?
>
> Another thing, when they stop you they obviously
> ask for you ID and they know who you.....could
> they put that in a file and that next time they
> are called, they could just say "hey, it's that
> dude walking around showing off his guns again"? I
> mean because if i were to be stopped everytime i
> step outside, i might as well save myself the
> trouble and not carry it.
>
> Sorry for the rant, this is all new to me.


Just keep in mind that carrying a gun, concealed or not greatly increases your chances of being shot, killed or spending a large portion of your life behind bars.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: gun owner ()
Date: June 10, 2012 10:03AM

and also remember, its better to be judged by twelve, than carried by 6. you must be an anti gun liberal who bought into obamanotics.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: mlb ()
Date: June 10, 2012 10:13AM

stay calm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Somali traveler Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I have been watching a lot of Open-carry,
> Police
> > encounters on youtube that happen outside of
> > Virginia and it had me wondering....
> >
> > Let's say i am open carrying in Annandale
> walking
> > down the street minding my own business. Some
> guy
> > calls the cops, and Fairfax show's up.
> >
> > Now, could they stop me to ask for my ID? Would
> > that be considered a Detention? Because
> watching
> > those videos (and reading the comments), some
> of
> > these guy's are arguing with the police about
> > being stopped while they were walking down the
> > streets.
> >
> > I know the Police have to come out and
> investigate
> > every time someone calls them, and cops are
> doing
> > their job, but wouldn't that defeat the whole
> > purpose of "Open Carrying" that u can't walk
> the
> > down streets without being stopped by the cops?
> >
> > Another thing, when they stop you they
> obviously
> > ask for you ID and they know who you.....could
> > they put that in a file and that next time they
> > are called, they could just say "hey, it's that
> > dude walking around showing off his guns again"?
> I
> > mean because if i were to be stopped everytime
> i
> > step outside, i might as well save myself the
> > trouble and not carry it.
> >
> > Sorry for the rant, this is all new to me.
>
>
> Just keep in mind that carrying a gun, concealed
> or not greatly increases your chances of being
> shot, killed or spending a large portion of your
> life behind bars.

That's bullshit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: June 10, 2012 10:13AM

Guns are cool Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think the following side-by-side comparisons
> should satisfy at least some of Gordon's
> incredulity, given that D.C. has ridiculous gun
> laws while Virginia has reasonable gun laws:
>
> FBI's Crime Index Rates Per 100,000 Inhabitants
> for Year 2010
>
> D.C. Virginia
> Population 601,723 8,001,024
> Index 6,109.1 2,540.8
> Violent 1,330.2 213.6
> Property 4,778.9 2,327.2
> Murder 21.9 4.6
> Forcible Rape 31.1 19.1
> Robbery 718.8 70.7
> Aggravated assault 558.4 119.1
> Burglary 703.1 382.8
> Larceny Theft 3,238.9 1,812.5
> Vehicle Theft 836.9 131.8

------------------------------------------------------------

See, that's crazy talk. Those numbers dont even take into acct the VAST socioeconomic differences of the two regions, not to mention differences in density (not to mention CRACK DISTRIBUTION LoLz). Waaaaaaaay more crime going on in Trinidad than King and Queen County and anybody with a lick of common sense could tell you that it's not only the difference in gun laws that make that a reality.

I'm not challenging VA's gun laws or saying DC shouldnt have guns (even though that's kinda up to them and not us). What I'm asking for is proof that crime is DIRECTLY higher because of "gun free zones"..............cause it doesnt seem to be the case.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: gun free zone ()
Date: June 10, 2012 10:17AM

.


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: June 10, 2012 10:27AM

if something like that SNL-like skit is your idea of factual basis...................well then I can understand why you feel the need to arm yourself LoLz

pic unrelated
Attachments:
19 month old wins gun.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Cannoneer ()
Date: June 10, 2012 02:39PM





This what I was doing this weekend in Fairfax. Shooting off my Kennesaw Black Powder Cannon with only wads. BTY these are not video, just a representation. Can't wait to the 4th. Found me some .535 cal lead balls now the fun will begin. I do run like hell when I light it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what what WHAT!?!?!
Posted by: JustanFYI ()
Date: June 10, 2012 03:15PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "That argument is exactly why "gun free zones"
> have more crime. If the bad guy knows none of the
> good guys have firearms, they now carry the
> advantage."
>
> show me a link where that is stated cause that
> sounds like COMPLETE BULLSHIT...........and it's
> gotta be a link to a neutral website with you
> know, actual facts.
>
> Cause the only sites I see that even suggest
> something like that is true are sites where the
> next news story has to do with 9/11 conspiracy or
> alien sitings...... o_0

Rather than asking everyone to show you proff otherwise, how about you spend the time to research and prove to me otherwise.

Here's a reasonable article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/29/weekinreview/29liptak.html

I'll leave the research to the experts on the subject and base my opinion on the fact that LAW ABIDING CITIZENS will follow the law. So, gun bans will only take guns out of the hands of those who would use them properly. Criminals ignore the law and will still have weapons, regardless. You don't need a study to understand common fucking sense.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what what WHAT!?!?!
Posted by: YR ()
Date: June 10, 2012 03:22PM

I don't carry a gun but always have a copy of the Brady Bill
on me. That way if some thug tries to rob me at gunpoint I'll
start reading it to him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: biker ()
Date: June 10, 2012 03:50PM

VCDL.org

Virginia Citizens Defense League because we're not DC or MD!

Best few buck you'll ever spend.
Attachments:
vcdl.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: hoocoodanode ()
Date: June 11, 2012 10:02PM

ST Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh and another thing, why is there myriad of
> different laws about guns in the U.S.A? Why can't
> there be a uniform approach to all these different
> state laws that exist here? For example, i read
> that you can't open carry in Maryland, but it's
> legal in Virginia. And if i am correct, NYC
> doesn't even allow firearms.

From what I understand, you have to pretty much have to wait until someone tries to kill you before you will have a compelling reason to get a gun in Maryland. I think you can get a handgun license in NYC, but it is expensive relative to what it is in VA, and NYC is its own animal---NY State permits aren't even valid in NYC and you are limited in the amount of ammunition you can have (this may have changed, I really don't keep up with NYC stuff).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: dont think nyc has them ()
Date: June 12, 2012 02:40AM

hoocoodanode Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> From what I understand, you have to pretty much
> have to wait until someone tries to kill you
> before you will have a compelling reason to get a
> gun in Maryland. I think you can get a handgun
> license in NYC, but it is expensive relative to
> what it is in VA, and NYC is its own animal---NY
> State permits aren't even valid in NYC and you are
> limited in the amount of ammunition you can have
> (this may have changed, I really don't keep up
> with NYC stuff).


Thats basically how MDs was being practiced in reality but a judge not to long ago they cant do that anymore for concealed carry. So itll be tied up in appeals for a year or two and then when they lose theyll probably do something like dc did where you can get one but its so complicated and impossible no one will be able to do it until they gets challenged.

NY is a may issue state like MD is and while in some places of NY you probably could get them I dont think NYC allows them at all unless youre law enforcement and even then there against them. Bloomberg absolutely hates freedoms of citizens and the only thing he may hate more is guns. The only non cops with guns in NYC are criminals.

All this could be changing in a few years as most places with complete bans have been overturned that have been challenged. Theres not much of a point in even owning a gun if its like the old DC laws where the gun had to be disassembled or have a lock on it an unloaded where basically if you were able to use it to defend yourself they know you stored it illegally

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Curmudgeon ()
Date: June 12, 2012 07:07AM

Love the comparison between DC and Virginia crime rates. Gee, I wonder if some other factors might be at work here... May as well compare Somalia with Denmark...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Kilton ()
Date: June 12, 2012 07:57AM

Curmudgeon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Love the comparison between DC and Virginia crime
> rates. Gee, I wonder if some other factors might
> be at work here... May as well compare Somalia
> with Denmark...

Gunners aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Troop ()
Date: June 12, 2012 08:18AM

Somali traveler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have been watching a lot of Open-carry, Police
> encounters on youtube that happen outside of
> Virginia and it had me wondering....
>
> Let's say i am open carrying in Annandale walking
> down the street minding my own business. Some guy
> calls the cops, and Fairfax show's up.
>
> Now, could they stop me to ask for my ID? Would
> that be considered a Detention? Because watching
> those videos (and reading the comments), some of
> these guy's are arguing with the police about
> being stopped while they were walking down the
> streets.
>
> I know the Police have to come out and investigate
> every time someone calls them, and cops are doing
> their job, but wouldn't that defeat the whole
> purpose of "Open Carrying" that u can't walk the
> down streets without being stopped by the cops?
>
> Another thing, when they stop you they obviously
> ask for you ID and they know who you.....could
> they put that in a file and that next time they
> are called, they could just say "hey, it's that
> dude walking around showing off his guns again"? I
> mean because if i were to be stopped everytime i
> step outside, i might as well save myself the
> trouble and not carry it.
>
> Sorry for the rant, this is all new to me.

Open carry is the law. If you are not concealing the gun the cops by law cannot stop you for simply open carry. Most FFX cops know this. The damn yankees that work for FFX pd may not. Now mind you if the cops want to check up on you for open carry simple BS can be used to stop and detain. Suspiscion of DIP could be one. A lie of the cop saying a caller said you put your hand on the gun in a threatinng manner could be used. Jaywalking is another. You only have to show ID in VA if you are operating a motor vehicle, not as a pedestrian.

Options: ReplyQuote
and dont bother responding back cause we all already know I dont know shit either, k?
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: June 12, 2012 09:28AM

@Troop - um, ok. You keep on believing that and see how that works out for ya LoLz
@Kilton - now, now. Settle down
@YR - if you stop crack buying, you can cut down that"Gonna get robbed on the street" vibe a bit more than that brady bill..............
@JustanFYI - thanks for that link that tells us you dont know shit :)



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2012 09:29AM by Gordon Blvd.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Anaon ()
Date: June 12, 2012 10:34AM

I was open carrying in a 7-11.Some hispanic lady asked if a was a cop,I said no.She wandered away from the checkout line and I heard 3 beeps from a cell phone.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Anaon ()
Date: June 12, 2012 10:37AM

After I bought my lottery ticket I left.On the way home I cut thru some woods.Thats when I saw four police cars come flying down the road with their lights out.I figure she called 911.I wonder how she liked talking to the police?8-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: PJC ()
Date: June 12, 2012 11:14AM

Kilton Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Curmudgeon Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Love the comparison between DC and Virginia
> crime
> > rates. Gee, I wonder if some other factors
> might
> > be at work here... May as well compare Somalia
> > with Denmark...
>
> Gunners aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer.

James Madison wrote the 2nd Amendment. Guess he wasn't too smart huh?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Kilton ()
Date: June 12, 2012 12:29PM

PJC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> James Madison wrote the 2nd Amendment. Guess he
> wasn't too smart huh?

Actually he was able to see the future, and was on record as saying he was against the concept of attention-starved monkeys open-carrying in 21st century residential areas. He thought they could surely come up with better ways to get attention if they only applied themselves.

So he was in fact pretty smart.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: June 12, 2012 03:16PM

Kilton Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> PJC Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > James Madison wrote the 2nd Amendment. Guess he
> > wasn't too smart huh?
>
> Actually he was able to see the future, and was on
> record as saying he was against the concept of
> attention-starved monkeys open-carrying in 21st
> century residential areas. He thought they could
> surely come up with better ways to get attention
> if they only applied themselves.
>
> So he was in fact pretty smart.


Like open carrying on a MOTORCYCLE!!! YYYYYEEEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Mike Stollenwerk ()
Date: June 13, 2012 07:29AM

When open carrying in Virginia,nobody has to carry ID or talk to police even if they seize you. A police seizure of a person for mere open carry violates the 4th amendment and subjects the police to civil rights lawsuits for damages - there have been many settlements for such unlawful police conduct.

Re ID checks, americans cannot be required generally to have and carry ID, see Kolender v. lawsen.

In practice, open carry is NOT somthing which gets police attention in fairfax county or most of Virginia.

And police do not have to investigate every 911 call, especially 911 calls eporting lawful comduct, e.g., open carry.

learn more at OpenCarry.org.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: who cares ()
Date: June 13, 2012 11:24PM

@mike, most of what you say is true. just fyi though, a police officer can make a citizen contact with anyone he chooses to. does not mean they have to talk to the officer, but if your not doing anything wrong, its usually over pretty quick, and the cop moves onto more pressing calls. its not the cops that are the problem with these calls, its the people calling the cops dont know the law. I personally dont like to open carry because I dont want anyone to know Im packing some heat. I want the dirtbag trying to rob me to be shocked when I pull it out to defend myself or my family. The element of surprise is better than everyone knowing you have it. Think what you want if you feel its a deterant, but id rather hold the wildcard than them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: not true ()
Date: June 14, 2012 01:12AM

Troop Wrote:

> Open carry is the law. If you are not concealing
> the gun the cops by law cannot stop you for simply
> open carry. Most FFX cops know this. The damn
> yankees that work for FFX pd may not. Now mind you
> if the cops want to check up on you for open carry
> simple BS can be used to stop and detain.
> Suspiscion of DIP could be one. A lie of the cop
> saying a caller said you put your hand on the gun
> in a threatinng manner could be used. Jaywalking
> is another. You only have to show ID in VA if you
> are operating a motor vehicle, not as a
> pedestrian.


Not true the cops can stop anyone they want for any reason or to ask for ID or in the case of open carry to check that you are old enough. What they cant do is detain you for no reason, a simple minute or two stop however is completely different.

And thats not true about ID. IF you are open carrying you have to show ID, no different than if you were carrying beer

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: June 14, 2012 08:06AM

@who cares- I sorta question yr logic. If I'm with fam and I'm carrying, I'd be doing so cause I dont even want the hastle of ANY risk to my fam.

To risk something happening just so I can get the joy of "dirtbag trying to rob me to be shocked" seems kinds stupid if the other alternative is that same dirtbag seeing my gun and leaving me and my family the fuck alone, that's all I'm saying...........................................................

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Who cares ()
Date: June 14, 2012 08:36AM

So your saying you would rather some dirtbag see your gun. That way he knows to take it from you or just shoot you in the back before he robs you. That makes alot of sense. Im sure you have had no real firearms or defensive tacticts training, so disarming you would not be a problem. Most people walk around with their head up their ass, not paying attention to their surroundings. Thats what makes people an easy target to criminals. Im sure you are in the same boat as them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Open Carrier ()
Date: June 14, 2012 09:38AM

not true Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not true the cops can stop anyone they want for
> any reason or to ask for ID or in the case of open
> carry to check that you are old enough. What they
> cant do is detain you for no reason, a simple
> minute or two stop however is completely
> different.
>
> And thats not true about ID. IF you are open
> carrying you have to show ID, no different than if
> you were carrying beer

You are mistaken. The police are not allowed to stop anyone they want for any reason. They must have a "reasonable suspicion of involvement in criminal activity". That does not mean a feeling or a hunch, but an articulable reason that will hold up in court.

You do not have to carry ID with you in the USA, regardless of whether you are open carrying a gun in Virginia. It is perfectly legal to openly carry a gun in Virginia.

The normal response by the police to someone dialing 911 and reporting that someone is carrying a gun is, "Yes, and so what?"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: not true ()
Date: June 14, 2012 10:00AM

Open Carrier Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> You are mistaken. The police are not allowed to
> stop anyone they want for any reason. They must
> have a "reasonable suspicion of involvement in
> criminal activity". That does not mean a feeling
> or a hunch, but an articulable reason that will
> hold up in court.

No they can stop anyone they want and ask a simple question or two. They cant pull you over but if they pass you on the street they can. Theres a HUGE difference between a simple question and being detained. And if you want to play lawyer with them and cite what you think you can and cannot do they being a dick to them be prepared to get followed until you do something illegal which you will at some point. The amount of laws that arent enforced but that can be if you want to start telling them what they can and cannot do will surprise you

> You do not have to carry ID with you in the USA,
> regardless of whether you are open carrying a gun
> in Virginia. It is perfectly legal to openly
> carry a gun in Virginia.

You dont have to have an ID, but you have to have one if you have any age restricted items. Tobacco, Beer, Guns you absolutely have to have an ID and have to produce it if asked for proof of age if you have any one of those three. This is especially true with guns. Go walk around with no ID and a gun and if a cop asks you for ID and you tell him you dont have to watch what happens and have fun.

> The normal response by the police to someone
> dialing 911 and reporting that someone is carrying
> a gun is, "Yes, and so what?"

Yea that true. People call on that a lot for no reason and the vast majority of cops could care less. But if you act like youre supposed to be carrying it and carry yourself properly and dont look like a gangster most people just assume youre some sort of law enforcement.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: June 14, 2012 11:32AM

Open carry is a right, not a privlidge...I get that. But do yourself a favor and spend the $50 filing fee to get your CWP. Open cary eliminates your tactical advantage. I have my CWP and all that crap (Kilton's mind just blew...I ride a motorcycle and carry a gun...though not at the same time...yet) but I don't ever hope or expect to have to draw down on somebody. I have before and it sucks (military). So be smart about your gun handling - which I know is a stretch for the overwhelming majority of gun owners..take a tactical course or two. Don't be just another gun toting moron.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: gun owner ()
Date: June 14, 2012 05:12PM

open carry is for people who cant obtain a cwp, or want to be noticed. just because you can do it, doesnt mean you should. i like to hunt deer, but i dont strap my kill to the hood of my truck and drive all over fairfax county. sometimes its better not to draw attention to yourself. all these knuckle heads who open carry and want the cops to harass them are idiots. they do it for attention hoping the cops infringe on their right to carry and sue the police dept for money. they dont do it because they are legally allowed to, they do it hoping to be violated by the cops. these are the dumbasses that make gun owner look bad. just take the few easy steps, and get your cwp, and you wont draw attention to yourself.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Troop ()
Date: June 14, 2012 09:07PM

@GordonBlvd

Yeah ok. Like you know.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Fairfax Resident ()
Date: June 15, 2012 02:14PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: chocolate dirty harry ()
Date: July 29, 2012 06:20PM

I open carry on a regular basis. However people have been calling the cops on me. I'm told by Fairfax county police that I can't go up to the colonade shopping center in Centreville. It's straight up bullshit. One lady at Starbucks told the cops that I was concealing it under my shirt. It's BS. The cop was nice to me and also the cops were called on me again yesterday and I wasn't carrying at all!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: JustanFYI ()
Date: July 29, 2012 08:16PM

chocolate dirty harry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I open carry on a regular basis. However people
> have been calling the cops on me. I'm told by
> Fairfax county police that I can't go up to the
> colonade shopping center in Centreville. It's
> straight up bullshit. One lady at Starbucks told
> the cops that I was concealing it under my shirt.
> It's BS. The cop was nice to me and also the cops
> were called on me again yesterday and I wasn't
> carrying at all!!

I'm a normal citizen and I sometimes CC (with permit) and occassional OC. I've never once had an issue. Sounds like you're creating your own problems.

I would suggest you strap a small digital voice recorded on a lanyard and keep it turned on if you OC. It will be your only witness to an encounter with a concerned citizen or LEO.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: no issue ()
Date: July 29, 2012 08:23PM

I have a CWP and I also open carry every now and again, due to one of my holster styles. I have never, ever been stopped by PD or questioned by anyone. YOU NEED TO KNOW THE LAWS about any carry. Some private businesses can deny you access and of course certain places will not allow you to carry at all (school, church, bar if drinking, etc) If you CWP properly, no one should see it anyways, right?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: July 29, 2012 09:25PM

chocolate dirty harry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I open carry on a regular basis. However people
> have been calling the cops on me. I'm told by
> Fairfax county police that I can't go up to the
> colonade shopping center in Centreville. It's
> straight up bullshit. One lady at Starbucks told
> the cops that I was concealing it under my shirt.
> It's BS. The cop was nice to me and also the cops
> were called on me again yesterday and I wasn't
> carrying at all!!


At first I was a little shocked that Starbucks would have an issue because Starbucks is a proponent of 2A rights, but then I remembered it is Northern VA and everybody here is a cunt so it made perfect sense.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: diks ()
Date: July 29, 2012 10:22PM

I open carried my dick and was arrested

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: July 29, 2012 11:59PM

That's a shame. You'd figure they wouldn't make an arrest for such small caliber weapons. Having a penis that small would be punishment enough.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: take the cops guns away ()
Date: July 30, 2012 12:46AM

FROM THE BOOK OUT OF CONTROL AN INFORMAL HISTORY OF THE FAIRFAX COUNTY POLICE

WRITE ANOTHER BAD CHECK AND THE NEXT TIME WE WON’T MISS.
In July of 1998, a woman named Diana Elizabeth Tyler wrote a bum check for $261.25 to a Lorton antiques store. The check was returned because the bank account had been closed.
She didn’t show up for her court case and on the day in question was stopped by police for erratic driving on an expired license. Tyler made a run for it and sped her 1995 Oldsmobile down Richmond Highway. The chase ended in the parking lot of a shopping center.
When Tyler, who was unarmed, refused to leave her car…..the cops said she struggled but Tyler said she didn’t struggle….the cops shot her in the neck. The good news (for the cops) was that they got to use one of their helicopters to fly Tyler to the hospital.
The police were very, very quick to release Tyler’s name and address to the press but refused to give a single name of any one of the eight cops involved in the shooting nor would they explain why Tyler was shot. Warren R. Carmichael, a Fairfax police spokesman, said the investigation of the police investigation by the police “could take several weeks to complete.”
We don’t know if it took that long or not. The results of the investigation, if in fact there was one were never released to the public. Carmichael, however, said "given the circumstances of the chase, the fact that weapons may have been drawn is appropriate." The Board of Supervisors said and did nothing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Wiggro ()
Date: July 31, 2012 06:13AM

Only losers with mental health issues feel compelled to open carry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Kilton ()
Date: July 31, 2012 07:42AM

Wiggro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Only losers with mental health issues feel
> compelled to open carry.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: LetsRock ()
Date: July 31, 2012 08:15AM

gun owner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the cops can make contact with you on a complaint
> like that, but if you arent doing anything wrong,
> theres nothing to worry about. usually they will
> just ask for some id, and a few minutes later you
> are on your way. typically they wont even bother
> stopping you unless there is a suspected crime to
> go with it. ffx co pd is trained pretty good on
> these situations. i dont agree with open carrying,
> simply because people know you are packing. i want
> it to be a surprize if i need to protect myself
> with my gun. you also run the risk of some dirt
> bag assaulting you and taking the gun from you,
> and then using it on you. a ccw permit is very
> easy to obtain and is not very expensive. then you
> have the element of surprize if you ever need it.
> i wouldnt like to have all the states on the same
> page of gun ownership. md laws are one reason i
> left there. you cant get a ccw permit there unless
> you carry large amounts of cash, or have had your
> life threatened and it still has to be approved,
> and usually it doesnt. a friend was a private
> investigator in md, and it took him forever to get
> his, and only got it because of the person he
> worked for. cali, nyc, dc, chicago are not gun
> friendly states/cities. in a few years, that might
> change with the recent dc ruling a year or two ago
> about gun ownership in the city.

I would ask the police the name of the person who made the complaint and then have a few choice words with them once the police leave about minding their own business.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Stupid boys with toys ()
Date: July 31, 2012 08:17AM

Kilton Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wiggio Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Only losers with mental health issues feel
> > compelled to open carry.
>
> Truer words have never been spoken.


But on a brighter note. At least you can identify them. And waist packs on over sized bellies. Stuffed with guns,viagra and condoms which will never be used.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Wiggro ()
Date: July 31, 2012 11:07AM

I would ask the police the name of the person who made the complaint and then have a few choice words with them once the police leave about minding their own business.
--------------

I would then call the police and tell them you showed up at my door open carrying and threatened me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: July 31, 2012 11:33AM

Wiggro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would ask the police the name of the person who
> made the complaint and then have a few choice
> words with them once the police leave about
> minding their own business.
> --------------
>
> I would then call the police and tell them you
> showed up at my door open carrying and threatened
> me.


This is why I don't think most people should be allowed to walk around with a gun openly or concealed. Mental screenings should be required and if you've got anger issues or some sort of complex you should be limited to hunting and/or home protection. The fewer George Zimmermans out there the better. JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: BarackObummer ()
Date: July 31, 2012 01:02PM

Gonads & Strife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wiggro Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I would ask the police the name of the person
> who
> > made the complaint and then have a few choice
> > words with them once the police leave about
> > minding their own business.
> > --------------
> >
> > I would then call the police and tell them you
> > showed up at my door open carrying and
> threatened
> > me.
>
>
> This is why I don't think most people should be
> allowed to walk around with a gun openly or
> concealed. Mental screenings should be required
> and if you've got anger issues or some sort of
> complex you should be limited to hunting and/or
> home protection. The fewer George Zimmermans out
> there the better. JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON!!!

George Zimmerman for Attorney General.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: July 31, 2012 01:25PM

RACIST!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: dika-dika ()
Date: July 31, 2012 02:49PM

This is probably the OP real burn


http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms.shtm/

Does one have to have U.S. citizenship to be eligible to purchase a firearm?
A buyer who is a lawful permanent resident alien the United States may purchase firearms in the Commonwealth of Virginia pursuant to the same identification and residency requirements as a citizen. Prohibitions apply, however, to "any alien in the United States in a non-immigrant status" with certain exceptions and a waiver process.

It is kind of entertaining when I'm at Sharpshooter and Nations gun show and the taxi cab drivers, Paki, Asians, Africans and Hispanics get shot down trying to make a gun purchase.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Wiggro ()
Date: August 02, 2012 07:13AM

Remember the little weenie who got beat up at school every day?

He's the one open carrying....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Wignogro ()
Date: August 02, 2012 10:38AM

That be you?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Wiggro ()
Date: August 02, 2012 12:18PM

Remember the guy in the gym who was so small you weren't sure he even had one? That's the guy who is open carrying now...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: OYZ ()
Date: August 02, 2012 12:23PM

Wiggro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Remember the guy in the gym who was so small you
> weren't sure he even had one? That's the guy who
> is open carrying now...

Why do you feel the need to make up shit like this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Kilton ()
Date: August 02, 2012 12:30PM

OYZ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why do you feel the need to make up shit like
> this?

Facts are facts. Don't shoot the messenger just because he hit the nail right on the head and you're offended.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Wignogro ()
Date: August 02, 2012 01:13PM

Wiggro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Remember the guy in the gym who was so small you
> weren't sure he even had one? That's the guy who
> is open carrying now...


I did not know that. Never checked.
But thanks for the information.
One question please.
Do you open carry?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: OYZ ()
Date: August 02, 2012 01:25PM

Kilton Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OYZ Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Why do you feel the need to make up shit like
> > this?
>
> Facts are facts. Don't shoot the messenger just
> because he hit the nail right on the head and
> you're offended.

Link with empirical evidence or stfu.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Wiggro ()
Date: August 02, 2012 02:52PM

To put it more succinctly, only the world's losers feel the need to walk around with an open carry gun on.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Kilton ()
Date: August 02, 2012 04:37PM

OYZ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Link with empirical evidence or stfu.

All you have to do, if you want "empirical evidence", is look at the penises of people who open carry. Is that so difficult? You know as well as I do what you'll find. Please report back.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: OYZ ()
Date: August 02, 2012 04:46PM

Kilton Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OYZ Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Link with empirical evidence or stfu.
>
> All you have to do, if you want "empirical
> evidence", is look at the penises of people who
> open carry. Is that so difficult? You know as well
> as I do what you'll find. Please report back.

I don't go around looking at men's penises. I'm sure you enjoy it though.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: One question please ()
Date: August 02, 2012 04:59PM

Wiggio Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> To put it more succinctly, only the world's losers
> feel the need to walk around with an open carry
> gun on.

Ms. Wiggro?,
I do not open carry.I do not even like firearms. Bad experiences a long time ago in far.far away places left a bitter taste and a few scars.
What I don't understand is the preoccupation with guns and penis. Some men have large and some small. What about automobiles? Same theory? I drive a mini cooper
I apologize if I insulted you with the Ms. but I presumed you were a lady

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: VCDLFAN ()
Date: August 02, 2012 06:20PM

Somali traveler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have been watching a lot of Open-carry, Police
> encounters on youtube that happen outside of
> Virginia and it had me wondering....
>
> Let's say i am open carrying in Annandale walking
> down the street minding my own business. Some guy
> calls the cops, and Fairfax show's up.
>
> Now, could they stop me to ask for my ID? Would
> that be considered a Detention? Because watching
> those videos (and reading the comments), some of
> these guy's are arguing with the police about
> being stopped while they were walking down the
> streets.
>
> I know the Police have to come out and investigate
> every time someone calls them, and cops are doing
> their job, but wouldn't that defeat the whole
> purpose of "Open Carrying" that u can't walk the
> down streets without being stopped by the cops?
>
> Another thing, when they stop you they obviously
> ask for you ID and they know who you.....could
> they put that in a file and that next time they
> are called, they could just say "hey, it's that
> dude walking around showing off his guns again"? I
> mean because if i were to be stopped everytime i
> step outside, i might as well save myself the
> trouble and not carry it.
>
> Sorry for the rant, this is all new to me.

This group can answer all of your questions.

http://www.vcdl.org/

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Wiggro ()
Date: August 02, 2012 08:02PM

I must have touched a nerve with a few of the short round types, heh?

I have no problem with guns. I have no problem with concealed carry folks. I just believe that guys who open carry have serious inadequacy issues. I have yet to meet a single open carry guy who wasn't inadequate.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: hmm ()
Date: August 02, 2012 08:09PM

I saw a fairly attractive young woman OC in a 7-11 and was turned on.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Another question ()
Date: August 02, 2012 08:52PM

Wiggro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I must have touched a nerve with a few of the
> short round types, heh?
>
> I have no problem with guns. I have no problem
> with concealed carry folks. I just believe that
> guys who open carry have serious inadequacy
> issues. I have yet to meet a single open carry
> guy who wasn't inadequate

Didn't touch a nerve with me. But did you touch somewhere else? There are other inadequacies besides cock size. A gun was only a tool to complete my duty. I'm just trying to understand. The larger the gun, the smaller the dick?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: open carry ()
Date: August 02, 2012 09:07PM

More people should open carry in virginia. Lets educate the public and inform them of their rights to bear arms. I for one will open carry from now on. All you fucking liberals are trying to take away the rights that our forefathers fought and died for. This is Fairfax county, where ms 13, crips and bloods barely exist so there is no need to worry about your gun being robbed. Open carry to educated our community.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: NRA-1 ()
Date: August 02, 2012 09:12PM

open carry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> More people should open carry in virginia. Lets
> educate the public and inform them of their rights
> to bear arms. I for one will open carry from now
> on. All you fucking liberals are trying to take
> away the rights that our forefathers fought and
> died for. This is Fairfax county, where ms 13,
> crips and bloods barely exist so there is no need
> to worry about your gun being robbed. Open carry
> to educated our community.

Yea. FYI 99.9% of the general population does not open carry rambo. The chances of you ever drawing your firearm are non-existant. Dopes like you are the ones who shoot ppl in the foot at hooters. People who open carry have a small man complex trying to prove a point something is between their legs. You are yet another reason why firearms should be taken away

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: WhoMe? ()
Date: August 02, 2012 09:15PM

Wiggro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I must have touched a nerve with a few of the
> short round types, heh?
>
> I have no problem with guns. I have no problem
> with concealed carry folks. I just believe that
> guys who open carry have serious inadequacy
> issues. I have yet to meet a single open carry
> guy who wasn't inadequate.

And just where are all these "open carry" folks? I get out and about
in Fairfax as much as anybody else and I've yet to see one other than
the with VCDL folks when they're staging public relations events.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Just trying to get to the truth ()
Date: August 02, 2012 09:18PM

Wiggro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> To put it more succinctly, only the world's losers
> feel the need to walk around with an open carry
> gun on.

NRA-1,
Wiggro will think you have compensation issues.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: there arent that many ()
Date: August 02, 2012 09:43PM

WhoMe? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wiggro Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I must have touched a nerve with a few of the
> > short round types, heh?
> >
> > I have no problem with guns. I have no problem
> > with concealed carry folks. I just believe
> that
> > guys who open carry have serious inadequacy
> > issues. I have yet to meet a single open carry
> > guy who wasn't inadequate.
>
> And just where are all these "open carry" folks? I
> get out and about
> in Fairfax as much as anybody else and I've yet to
> see one other than
> the with VCDL folks when they're staging public
> relations events.


Theyre really arent that many that do it all the time. The only people I know that do it are all waiting for their CCs to arrive in the mail and that will be the end of the open carry

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Wiggro ()
Date: August 03, 2012 08:19AM

Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County new

Posted by: Another question ()

Date: August 02, 2012 08:52PM

Didn't touch a nerve with me. But did you touch somewhere else? There are other inadequacies besides cock size. A gun was only a tool to complete my
duty. I'm just trying to understand. The larger the gun, the smaller the dick?

-------------------

The larger the gun being open carried, the more often you had your lunch money taken from you as a child.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: True ()
Date: August 03, 2012 08:51AM

Wiggro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Remember the little weenie who got beat up at
> school every day?
>
> He's the one open carrying....

So people who've been assaulted a lot in the past now open carry? Ok. That does make sense then. I'm sure they're tired of being assaulted.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: WhoMe? ()
Date: August 03, 2012 09:46AM

True Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wiggro Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Remember the little weenie who got beat up at
> > school every day?
> >
> > He's the one open carrying....
>
> So people who've been assaulted a lot in the past
> now open carry? Ok. That does make sense then.
> I'm sure they're tired of being assaulted.

+1. However, I have yet to see anyone open carrying. I'll post when I do.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Kilton ()
Date: August 03, 2012 09:58AM

I'm glad you guys all agree that people who open carry do so because they got beat up a lot in school. I'm willing to withdraw the small penis argument and go with this one instead.

It's refreshing to come to a consensus. As usual, FFU can get to the bottom of anything. :-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Dirty Harry wannabes ()
Date: August 03, 2012 10:12AM

Kilton Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm glad you guys all agree that people who open
> carry do so because they got beat up a lot in
> school. I'm willing to withdraw the small penis
> argument and go with this one instead.
>
> It's refreshing to come to a consensus. As usual,
> FFU can get to the bottom of anything. :-)

I wouldn't think everyone who got beat up in school open carries. After all, you don't. I think people open carry for the attention it gets them. It is like driving a loud motor cycle. It serves no purpose other than to say "look at me!"

As for the small penis comments, only dudes who are concerned about their own small penis or are gay make those sort of statements.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Kilton ()
Date: August 03, 2012 10:29AM

Sorry buckwheat, but we've already reached a consensus. Try waking up before 10am next time if you want to participate. :-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: buckwheat ()
Date: August 03, 2012 11:02AM

Kilton Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry buckwheat, but we've already reached a
> consensus. Try waking up before 10am next time if
> you want to participate. :-)


Yeah. Maybe I'll shoot for that 9:58 am time you managed to roll out of bed. Consensus or not, it is stupid, but then again it is becoming obvious that you are as well.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Appreciation ()
Date: August 03, 2012 09:34PM

Wiggro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would ask the police the name of the person who
> made the complaint and then have a few choice
> words with them once the police leave about
> minding their own business.
> --------------
>
> I would then call the police and tell them you
> showed up at my door open carrying and threatened
> me

Interestng concept but you have stated in previous posts that men with physical inadequacies open carry. Commendable to advise on how to reciprocate.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Mr bear says... ()
Date: August 04, 2012 04:49AM

This is hilarious a couple of anti- gun weirdos that go to local gyms to check out other men's penis size. Wiggro seems to be totally obsessed with cock. Probably the same weirdo that started the anti- chic flea thread. Queers are some really weird people.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Wiggro ()
Date: August 04, 2012 07:37AM

Wiggro has seen enough of life's losers to be able to call 'em 99 times out of 100.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Wig no gro? ()
Date: August 04, 2012 08:32AM

Well Wiggy, you really are a attention freak,er drama queen.
But don"t worry, taking off and won't harass you anymore. Enjoy your life and please control your hostility issues.
Security Clearance

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Kilton ()
Date: August 04, 2012 10:27AM

Wig no gro? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> a attention freak

Another gun nut grammar master. LOL. Stereotypes exist for a reason, I guess. :-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Kiltoff ()
Date: August 04, 2012 11:03AM

Kilton Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wig no gro? Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > a attention freak
>
> Another gun nut grammar master. LOL. Stereotypes
> exist for a reason, I guess. :-)


Sorry, "another"
Forgot I was posting on the grammar forum.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Kilton ()
Date: August 04, 2012 11:17AM

Kiltoff Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry, "another"
> Forgot I was posting on the grammar forum.

Well, that was easy. I thought you were "taking off"? LOL.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: strat ()
Date: August 06, 2012 05:07AM

I have done it a fair amount around Fairfax, Merrifield, Vienna and McLean and never had any trouble. You might see the occasional "goggle eye" from people in stores, but I've never had one make a call or anything.

It's really rather refreshing in contrast to many other localities, but it wasn't always this way.

The feedback about knowing the law (details change regularly), using a retention holster, and joining VCDL is all quite sound.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Stereotypes ()
Date: August 06, 2012 11:06AM

Kilton Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wig no gro? Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > a attention freak
>
> Another gun nut grammar master. LOL. Stereotypes
> exist for a reason, I guess. :-)


Like the one that says that grammer freaks on forums like to take it in the ass? I guess they do exist for a reason.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: August 06, 2012 11:15AM

Stereotypes Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kilton Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Wig no gro? Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > a attention freak
> >
> > Another gun nut grammar master. LOL.
> Stereotypes
> > exist for a reason, I guess. :-)
>
>
> Like the one that says that grammer freaks on
> forums like to take it in the ass? I guess they
> do exist for a reason.


Wow Kilton, he took the conversation there like he's been down that road a time or two before didn't he? He had that shit pre-programmed into his GPS. Printouts of mapquest directions to there are all over his front passenger seat. I think he confused punctuation with penetration. Better lay off the grammar or he'll prematurely shoot his wad (get it? shotgun joke and sexual joke)

Hurr_train.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Kilton ()
Date: August 06, 2012 12:50PM

Yeah, really G&S. It's almost like he's angry about something. Gun nuts are so delicate. :-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: August 06, 2012 01:13PM

Kilton Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, really G&S. It's almost like he's angry
> about something. Gun nuts are so delicate. :-)


Gun owners don't just go off by themselves though. It takes someone to pull their trigger for them to go off.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Carry in Fairfax County
Posted by: Stereotypes ()
Date: August 07, 2012 11:38AM

Kilton Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, really G&S. It's almost like he's angry
> about something. Gun nuts are so delicate. :-)


Taking time off from your kiss in at Chick fil a? Please don't mistake me laughing at you for anger. I find lots of silly gay people humerous. BTW, I don't even own a gun.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 ********  ********   *******   **     **  **     ** 
 **    **     **     **     **   **   **   **     ** 
     **       **     **     **    ** **    **     ** 
    **        **      ********     ***     ********* 
   **         **            **    ** **    **     ** 
   **         **     **     **   **   **   **     ** 
   **         **      *******   **     **  **     ** 
This forum powered by Phorum.