HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
Accident on 123 South near Burke Lake involving motorcycle
Posted by: rickafterburner ()
Date: June 02, 2012 07:29PM

Coming North on 123, after Henderson, we saw police activity blocking Southbound 123. It was around 6:45 pm. It looked like there was a motorcycle in the intersection. I'm not sure which cross street it was.

Did anyone hear what happened and if the motorcyclist is O.K. ?

Options: ReplyQuote
And
Posted by: 123 Rider ()
Date: June 02, 2012 07:41PM

What was the color of the motorcycle? Where there any other vehicles involved? Was Fire and Rescue and the Fairfax County Police Department, on the scene?

When any motorcyclists are involved in an accident, most of the time they are fatal, involve serious and life threatening injuries and sadly, death.

123 Rider

Re: Accident on 123 South near Burke Lake involving motorcycle
Posted by: lost again ()
Date: June 02, 2012 07:43PM

The accident was at 123 and Clifton Road. The bike was in pieces. Looked like someone coming north on 123 cut the corner while turning left onto Clifton Road. The bike'e pieces were in the left hand turn lane from Clifton Road and there was a car pointed west in right turn lane from Clifton Road onto 123 south.

Someone was getting loaded into one of the two ambulances, looked like a guy. Not a lot of scurrying going on or panic in anyones eyes. Hopefully everyone is OK.

Posted by: grant and lee ()
Date: June 02, 2012 07:51PM

NoVa is worse for bikers than the streets of Somolia. Soccer moms blabbing on cell phones and texting. Newly arrived citizens who last week were riding a horse or camel and have no idea the rules of the road and what yield the right of way means. Self importanat aholes in a BMW who think driving is always a race.

The worst part is even if they kill a biker they might get a ticket and not much more unless you count the lawsuit, but that doesnt really help the DOA biker. I gave up riding in this area years ago. Loved the riding just hated the constant lookout for crazy drivers in cars. A normal day of riding would usually include two to three dodges of cars turning left in front of me. Other times it was dodging the various objects left on the road by trucks. I have seen shovels, rakes, bag of trash, mattresses and other things that are certain death to a biker if hit.

Posted by: Marlboro Man ()
Date: June 02, 2012 08:03PM

I hope it was Rusty Hall.

Ride hard, y'all...for Timmy and maybe even Rusty...

Posted by: jenn ()
Date: June 02, 2012 08:16PM

I was at a wedding in Clifton. My brother left around 5:45 was 2 cars away when police blocked Clifton Rd off to land the medivac. Police still out taking pictures at 8

Posted by: Justataxpayer ()
Date: June 02, 2012 08:23PM

Happened a little after 5. Drove by before any emergency vehicles arrived. Motorcycle against a Hyundai sedan. Bike was in pieces at intersection over towards Clifton Road side of 123 with driver of the motorcycle on the pavement by the side of the road. Thinking there were a lot of witnesses given the number of vehicles Sitting on both sides of 123 at the scene just a minute after the wreck.

Posted by: 6X ()
Date: June 02, 2012 08:59PM

Incident Description
MAJOR ACCIDENT
06/02/12 17:35 (FAIRFAX STATION - ) MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT WITH TRAUMA. MEDEVAC REQUEST LANDING ZONE @ SCENE [VIR028]

I heard a guy fell off his motorcycle and was hit by a car. Not sure if it is this accident.

Posted by: tweedle ()
Date: June 02, 2012 09:19PM

Hopefully someone had a spare blanket to put on the guy. Could mean the difference between life and death.

Posted by: erin ()
Date: June 02, 2012 09:22PM

I was there when it happened & watched the motorcyclist cartwheel in the air & hit the ground. The bike broke into pieces. I was shaking so badly that the only thing I could do was dial 911. I have a pretty bad case of ptsd & can't remember who was traveling southbound on 123 & who was trying to make a left onto Clifton. It was awful. FCPD closed 123 for the helicopter to land. The sound of impact was like a bomb exploding. I didn't see the guy move after he went down. The car that hit him was a blue Hyundai, I think.

Posted by: Brandy ()
Date: June 02, 2012 09:32PM

I saw the scene when I was headed home. I usually take Clifton Road home to Manassas/Woodbridge. When I drove by there was what looked like a girl and guy both facedown on the side of the road. It didn't look good. Emergency vehicles were just showing up as I finally got turned SB down 123. I have been scouring the new sites to find out any information but this is all I found so far! My prayers are with anyone hurt or who witnesses such a nasty accident!

Posted by: At Every Accident All the Time ()
Date: June 02, 2012 09:38PM

I was there right before it happened, when it happened, and after it happened.
It was fucking gruesome I tell ya. Body parts everywhere. Motorcycle smashed to bits, children screaming. It was like something out of a Stephen King novel.
I'll be at tomorrow's accident to with highlights.

Posted by: Karen ()
Date: June 02, 2012 09:48PM

I was lying down with the guy trying to keep him calm. He was conscious and kept trying to lift his head. I would like to know how he's doing, but can't find out which hospital he was air lifted to. INOVA doesn't have him in their system.

Posted by: MotorcyclesAreStupid ()
Date: June 02, 2012 09:55PM

As Jeremy Clarkson has said on many occasions, riding motorcycles is for really stupid people.
________________________________________________________________________________
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Jeremy Clarkson on motorcycles

Recently, various newspapers ran a photograph of me on a small motorcycle. They all pointed out that I hate motorbikes and that by riding one I had exposed myself as a hypocrite who should commit suicide immediately.

Hmmm. Had I been photographed riding the local postmistress, then, yes, I’d have been shamed into making some kind of apology. But it was a motorcycle. And I don’t think it even remotely peculiar that a motoring journalist should ride such a thing. Not when there is a problem with the economy and many people are wondering if they should make a switch from four wheels to two.

Unfortunately, you cannot make this switch on a whim, because this is Britain and there are rules. Which means that before climbing on board you must go to a car park, put on a high-visibility jacket and spend the morning driving round some cones while a man called Dave — all motorcycle instructors are called Dave — explains which lever does what.

Afterwards, you will be taken on the road, where you will drive about for several hours in a state of abject fear and misery, and then you will go home and vow never to get on a motorcycle ever again.

This is called compulsory basic training and it allows you to ride any bike up to 125cc. If you want to ride something bigger, you must take a proper test. But, of course, being human, you will not want a bigger bike, because then you will be killed immediately while wearing clothing from the Ann Summers “Dungeon” range.

Right, first things first. The motorbike is not like a car. It will not stand up when left to its own devices. So, when you are not riding it, it must be leant against a wall or a fence. I’m told some bikes come with footstools which can be lowered to keep them upright. But then you have to lift the bike onto this footstool, and that’s like trying to lift up an American.

Next: the controls. Unlike with a car, there seems to be no standardisation in the world of motorcycling. Some have gearlevers on the steering wheel. Some have them on the floor, which means you have to shift with your feet — how stupid is that? — and some are automatic.

Then we get to the brakes. Because bikes are designed by bikers — and bikers, as we all know, are extremely dim — they haven’t worked out how the front and back brake can be applied at the same time. So, to stop the front wheel, you pull a lever on the steering wheel, and to stop the one at the back, you press on a lever with one of your feet.

A word of warning, though. If you use only the front brake, you will fly over the steering wheel and be killed. If you try to use the back one, you will use the wrong foot and change into third gear instead of stopping. So you’ll hit the obstacle you were trying to avoid, and you’ll be killed.

Then there is the steering. The steering wheel comes in the shape of what can only be described as handlebars, but if you turn them — even slightly — while riding along, you will fall off and be killed. What you have to do is lean into the corner, fix your gaze on the course you wish to follow, and then you will fall off and be killed.

As far as the minor controls are concerned, well . . . you get a horn and lights and indicators, all of which are operated by various switches and buttons on the steering wheel, but if you look down to see which one does what, a truck will hit you and you will be killed. Oh, and for some extraordinary reason, the indicators do not self-cancel, which means you will drive with one of them on permanently, which will lead following traffic to think you are turning right. It will then undertake just as you turn left, and you will be killed.

What I’m trying to say here is that, yes, bikes and cars are both forms of transport, but they have nothing in common. Imagining that you can ride a bike because you can drive a car is like imagining you can swallow-dive off a 90ft cliff because you can play table tennis.

However, many people are making the switch because they imagine that having a small motorcycle will be cheap. It isn’t. Sure, the 125cc Vespa I tried can be bought for £3,499, but then you will need a helmet (£300), a jacket (£500), some Freddie Mercury trousers (£100), shoes (£130), a pair of Kevlar gloves (£90), a coffin (£1,000), a headstone (£750), a cremation (£380) and flowers in the church (£200).

In other words, your small 125cc motorcycle, which has no boot, no electric windows, no stereo and no bloody heater even, will end up costing more than a Volkswagen Golf. That said, a bike is much cheaper to run than a car. In fact, it takes only half a litre of fuel to get from your house to the scene of your first fatal accident. Which means that the lifetime cost of running your new bike is just 50p.

So, once you have decided that you would like a bike, the next problem is choosing which one. And the simple answer is that, whatever you select, you will be a laughing stock. Motorbiking has always been a hobby rather than an alternative to proper transport, and as with all hobbies, the people who partake are extremely knowledgeable. It often amazes me that in their short lives bikers manage to learn as much about biking as people who angle, or those who watch trains pull into railway stations.

Whatever. Because they are so knowledgeable, they will know precisely why the bike you select is rubbish and why theirs is superb. Mostly, this has something to do with “getting your knee down”, which is a practice undertaken by bikers moments before the crash that ends their life.

You, of course, being normal, will not be interested in getting your knee down; only in getting to work and most of the way home again before you die. That’s why I chose to test the Vespa, which is much loathed by trainspotting bikers because they say it is a scooter. This is racism. Picking on a machine because it has no crossbar is like picking on a person because he has slitty eyes or brown skin. Frankly, I liked the idea of a bike that has no crossbar, because you can simply walk up to the seat and sit down. Useful if you are Scottish and go about your daily business in a skirt.

I also liked the idea of a Vespa because most bikes are Japanese. This means they are extremely reliable so you cannot avoid a fatal crash by simply breaking down. This is entirely possible on a Vespa because it is made in Italy.

Mind you, there are some drawbacks you might like to consider. The Vespa is not driven by a chain. Instead, the engine is mounted to the side of the rear wheel for reasons that are lost in the mists of time and unimportant anyway. However, it means the bike is wider and fitted with bodywork like a car, to shroud the moving hot bits. That makes it extremely heavy. Trying to pick it up after you’ve fallen off it is impossible.

What’s more, because the heavy engine is on the right, the bike likes turning right much more than it likes turning left. This means that in all left-handed bends, you will be killed.

Unless you’ve been blown off by the sheer speed of the thing. At one point I hit 40mph and it was as though my chest was being battered by a freezing-cold hurricane. It was all I could do to keep a grip on the steering wheel with my frostbitten fingers.

I therefore hated my experience of motorcycling and would not recommend it to anyone.

The Clarksometer

If you like misery, climb aboard

Posted by: nonamenow ()
Date: June 02, 2012 10:14PM

I was behind the gold color car that hit the motorcycle turning left on Clifton. Our light was green. Seems like the motorcycle went through red light. Horrific accident; praying for the victim.

Posted by: Alpha Male ()
Date: June 02, 2012 10:26PM

I passed through the intersection a few minutes after the accident. Looked bad -- lots of FCPD and medical on scene. Douchebags had pulled to the side of the road and were filming the accident scene with their IPhones.

Posted by: Biker Down ()
Date: June 02, 2012 10:48PM

Wonder if the biker was coming from
Attachments:
bikeahow.jpg

Posted by: Fucking Humans ()
Date: June 02, 2012 10:55PM

Nothing is a clearer indication that the world is spiraling downward than the pathetic sight of douchebags with their fucking smartphones videotaping accident scenes so they can hasten to post the footage on uTube...disgusting

Posted by: Moto Madness! ()
Date: June 02, 2012 10:58PM

Pic not related
Attachments:
tumblr_l3xicjFNG91qbbpaoo1_500.jpg

Posted by: Lockie ()
Date: June 02, 2012 10:59PM

Fucking Humans Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nothing is a clearer indication that the world is
> spiraling downward than the pathetic sight of
> douchebags with their fucking smartphones
> videotaping accident scenes so they can hasten to
> post the footage on uTube...disgusting

Would you rather they stood there praying?

Somebody post the video or pics.

Posted by: Fucking Humans ()
Date: June 02, 2012 11:15PM

No, I'd rather they either do something to assist, or just continue the fuck on their way without taking the time to be videotaping ghouls ....is that concept too difficult for you to comprehend?

Posted by: SamPic ()
Date: June 02, 2012 11:57PM

IMG_8290.jpg

Posted by: SamSam ()
Date: June 03, 2012 12:03AM

Here is a photo I took of the Fairfax County Helicopter landing on SB 123 at the accident.
Attachments:
IMG_8290.jpg

Posted by: jul ()
Date: June 03, 2012 12:21AM

Motorcycles are fun, lots of fun.

But for many, the fun stops suddenly.

Date: June 03, 2012 12:32AM

Here is a smaller size of the photo.
Attachments:
IMG_8290.jpg

Posted by: Lockie ()
Date: June 03, 2012 12:40AM

Thanks for the smaller photo

Posted by: Big P ()
Date: June 03, 2012 12:50AM

You are a moron

Posted by: Big P ()
Date: June 03, 2012 12:52AM

I meant that for poster ID "motorcycles are stupid"

Date: June 03, 2012 12:55AM

don't let these sourpusses and moralfags beat any decency into you SamSam. let's see the OTHER pics you took. bring on the gore

Posted by: jake123 ()
Date: June 03, 2012 02:18AM

i live right next to where the accident occurred and spoke with the police officer he told me that the man on the bike was killed and the lady in the car was impatient and hit the guy. prayers go out to the family

Posted by: katana ()
Date: June 03, 2012 03:39AM

I came through around 8pm the car was still parked pointed westbound on Clifton rd & the motorcycle was still in the road on 123... after another 40min of riding I came out eastbount on Chapel Rd close to (just a few miles away from this accident) and another motorcycle had popped over a hill, looks like he missed the curve & flipped down an embankment into a grassy area. I didnt see anything except for one police car. No details on the driver.

Posted by: tmoran ()
Date: June 03, 2012 08:14AM

A few comments after reading this post.
My wife and I came upon the accident a few minutes afterwards as we were driving north on 123.
We saw the man/boy on the ground, the bike shattered in pieces.
Frankly, this was one of the worst accidents we have ever seen.
Not being medical personnel we decided not to stop, take pictures or be curious as what was needed at the moment were people who could attend to the medical needs of the accident victims. We saw a man kneeling down to the motorcycle driver.
Frankly, we were very shaken by this. It didn't look good and we prayed - yes prayed- for those involved.
For those of you who have never been injured or have been asked to help someone in pain and distress - get a grip - this is not easy. I admire the paramedics and doctors who try to deal with this sort of traumas. Second, all of these people have friends and loved ones who now face the issue of handling their loss, or guilt, and feelings. So for the individual who posted about seeing all the carnage and wanted more - get a grip and mature.
This was a horrific accident and I understand but not sure, that the motorcyclist has died. This is just terrible. Not knowing who if anyone was at fault I'm sure the folks in the car will have these images and sounds in their mind for years to come.
So, please, please stop texting when you drive, slow down, be cautious and courteous. We all make driving mistakes and we need to be alert and work with each other.

Date: June 03, 2012 08:32AM

Fixed it for you.
Attachments:
helo.jpg

Posted by: Fuck you! ()
Date: June 03, 2012 08:57AM

Thank you just got your IP address. next your home address.

Posted by: nonamenow ()
Date: June 03, 2012 09:08AM

Agree...can't believe how insensitive people can be. And also how courageous - Karen (from previous post); bless your heart for going to the victim (and also the man who first ran out of his car). I saw the victim flip in the air, his green helmet snapped off on impact, and did not want to see the after scene, especially my daughter being with me; certainly would have helped him if noone else was around...so thank you for stepping up. Praying for the victim/driver/their families...

scary scene
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: June 03, 2012 10:20AM

saw this yesterday :(
saw the bike lying in the middle of the intersection like that - no front part at all..............completely torn away . And the Elantra was smashed the f**k up - don't know how the wreck went down or who's at fault but I know someone's dead from it or wishes they were right now

Prayers to the fam and friends of all involved

Re: scary scene
Posted by: @asshole gordo ()
Date: June 03, 2012 10:31AM

How does this motorcycle accident factor into your biker death pool from a prior thread you creepy fuck. Does it make you feel superior with your obnoxious attitude? I mean, you won the "pool" after all. Disgusting person.

Posted by: WTF? ()
Date: June 03, 2012 10:37AM

tweedle Wrote:
> Hopefully someone had a spare blanket to put on
> the guy. Could mean the difference between life
> and death.

A blanket to put over somebody on a 95 degree day? Are you insane?

Posted by: 4 Numbers ()
Date: June 03, 2012 10:41AM

Fuck you! Wrote:
> Thank you just got your IP address. next your home
> address.

Good luck with that. Most IP addresses here are faked or spoofed. You'll probably be posting some other persons IP.

Date: June 03, 2012 10:43AM

@asshole gordo Wrote:
> How does this motorcycle accident factor into your
> biker death pool from a prior thread you creepy
> fuck. Does it make you feel superior with your
> obnoxious attitude? I mean, you won the "pool"
> after all. Disgusting person.

well, since that wasnt my pool I'm not too sure what you mean. Go back to kissing your mother with that mouth until you learn to read, kiddo........

Posted by: Right Now ()
Date: June 03, 2012 10:46AM

@Gordon - looks like somebody discovered other threads to play in besides his own 2 or 3 psycho rants. Sheesh!

Posted by: liar ()
Date: June 03, 2012 10:57AM

it's a new crazy train whhhheeeeeeeee!!!! LoLz
Date: June 03, 2012 11:04AM

@liar - nice link. It shows me answering a question another poster put out there. Didnt make the thread, just answered someone elses question. Here in America, we are able to speak freely. If you have a problem with me just because I gave someone an answer, then you are the one with the probs.
I didnt make the thread. If you wanna come down on me just cause you dont like the thread topic, that's cool. But all that does is make you a little bitch cause your sore over my answer I gave someone to a question they asked sometime last MONTH.
@right now - so many psychos...........so little time......

pic unrelated
Attachments:
bank carton.gif

Posted by: old guy ()
Date: June 03, 2012 11:12AM

We tend to generalize about groups we don't know much about. I came by before the helicopter just as the second ambulance came up from Hampton. I squeezed by on the right (East bound on 123) and got by onto south bound Clifton Rd. I saw the engine of the scooter..no wheels, no seat, no tank, light, no cowling.
This bike had to be traveling when struck or it would not disintegrate like this. Even the car looked incredibly damaged for a collision with a bike. I live off Hampton and have lived with ninja bikes passing me on a double yellow because I am not travelling fast enough for them. And I have been passed on 123 by cars doing 75 and acting like it is a road race. I have ridden bikes and sports cars all my life...what has changed is the drivers, not the rides..
Best educated guess is both drivers/riders pushed an envelope...life is short.

Date: June 03, 2012 11:47AM

WTF? Wrote:
> tweedle Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Hopefully someone had a spare blanket to put on
> > the guy. Could mean the difference between
> life
> > and death.
>
> A blanket to put over somebody on a 95 degree day?
> Are you insane?

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/626407/page-1.html

Date: June 03, 2012 11:53AM

Thank you Fairfax Police for saving people in terrible crashes.
Attachments:
IMG_8288 - Version 2.jpg

Posted by: riley ()
Date: June 03, 2012 12:29PM

SamSam Wrote:
> Thank you Fairfax Police for saving people in
> terrible crashes.

the police? you can thank the police for managing the traffic around terrible crashes, not much else. also, you're implying the rider was saved. do you know this for sure?

Posted by: fpbiv375 ()
Date: June 03, 2012 01:31PM

@ Riley- FFX PD has 2 helicopters up and ready to respond out of their base on West Ox Road 24/7/365. Both are crewed by a pilot and a flight nurse. They can be anywhere in the county from West Ox in 7 minutes. Both the pilot and the flight nurse are FFX PD. The VA State Police, US Park Police and MD State Police all have helicopters up as well. The helo out of FFX Hospital is run by INOVA and they are the first response. If they are tasked out it goes to FFX PD, than Life Flight out of Children's hospital in the district. Trust me when I tell you that you don't ever want to ride on one, but it is an incredible service that they provide.

Posted by: not really ()
Date: June 03, 2012 02:00PM

fpbiv375 Wrote:
> @ Riley- FFX PD has 2 helicopters up and ready to
> respond out of their base on West Ox Road
> 24/7/365. Both are crewed by a pilot and a flight
> nurse. They can be anywhere in the county from
> West Ox in 7 minutes. Both the pilot and the
> flight nurse are FFX PD.

Only two FCPD helicopter pilots are sworn police officers, the rest are civilians. The reason being, the insurance company requires pilots to have 1000 hours. That costs too much, so they hire ex-military types with the hours.

Posted by: doot ()
Date: June 03, 2012 02:05PM

WTF? Wrote:
> A blanket to put over somebody on a 95 degree day?
> Are you insane?

Boy, it sure didn't feel like 95 degrees yesterday in Fairfax County.

Posted by: taggard ()
Date: June 03, 2012 03:24PM

its called going into shock..fuck face.

Posted by: Caroline ()
Date: June 03, 2012 07:54PM

The accident occured at about 5:20. I was headed north on 123 and it must have happened seconds beforegetting to the intersection. When I was returning home after 8p.m. the road was still blocked with police the car and motorcycle still there. I assume this was fatal and they were doing a very through investigation. The biker was thrown 20-3o feet after busting the windshield of the car. His helmet was a good distance from where he lay on the road. My guess is the car was turning left off of 123N onto Clifton Road and either didn't see the bike coming south on 123 or one of them ran the light. People were running to him when I arrived at the light. So sad to see this.

Posted by: CuriousAnon ()
Date: June 03, 2012 09:56PM

Husband and I were driving through that intersection at around 4:30 PM to go to Burke Lake. Not sure if this has anything to do with the crash or not, but the light from Clifton rd was not changing green. Drivers were either running the red after sitting through two light cycles to cross 123, or diverting to turn right onto 123 rather than go left or straight.

Posted by: a friend ()
Date: June 04, 2012 03:14AM

He is still alive, and he was coming home from work, not coming from a bike show or a bar. He was going home to his wife and 2 kids. Have some respect, hes got a long road ahead of him yet. It is a tragic and completely avoidable situation this lady has put him and his family in by not paying attention while she was driving. Understand how fast negligence can completely ruin someones life. Pay attention when you drive. Watch out for motorcycles. OWOF.

Posted by: Dunn ()
Date: June 04, 2012 05:51AM

So......we gots to know, is he a Boozefighter? Not that it matters.....good luck to him and the family.

Posted by: Bobby Collingsworth ()
Date: June 04, 2012 06:00AM

With all due respect I just have to say this. People who ride motorcycles must have a deathwish. It is an extreme sport as far as I am concerned.

Posted by: Evel Knievel ()
Date: June 04, 2012 07:22AM

Was the biker standing on the seat while pulling wheelies? Riding between lanes? Doing 150MPH? There are so many insane bikers, you expect to hear of accidents like this every week.

Date: June 04, 2012 07:47AM

@evel - and there are no insane car and truck drivers, right?
sheesh.........................

Posted by: 2concerned ()
Date: June 04, 2012 07:51AM

Hmmm...

I actually spoke with Caleb, and asked him to meet me.

A police station would be okay. I said I accused him of some pretty horrible things.

He's not interested.

Posted by: Harley rider ()
Date: June 04, 2012 09:35AM

> With all due respect I just have to say this. People who ride motorcycles must have a deathwish. It is an extreme sport as far as I am concerned.

Life is all about risks in our every day lives.

The reality is most bikers will go a lifetime without an accident. I've been riding for 20+ years and hope that the rest of my riding years are as equally uneventful as they have been.

Knowing that everyone around you is a fucking idiot and so obllivious to anything around them means just having to be that much more aware while you are riding. But there will always be situations you cant avoid.....

Posted by: Erin ()
Date: June 04, 2012 11:09AM

FYI - some of us waiting by the side of the road witnessed the accident and were waiting to be interviewed by police. Not all of us were just hanging out & taking pictures as some suggest. And KAREN, I remember you laying beside the motorcyclist. I think your daughter & dog were waiting in your car on the side of the road next to me... Anyway, bless you for running over to him. I would have been right there next to you, but my legs were shaking too much to cross the street safely. And the bald guy in the truck in front of me was an off-duty firefighter, so it was good to have him on the scene as well. What a horrific accident.

Date: June 04, 2012 11:15AM

Oh dear god...the motorcyclist from Saturday's accident survived?? I've been combing the newspapers and the internet looking for anything that would indicate his status. Please tell me you're not pulling my leg & that you know this to be true.

Posted by: Steve ()
Date: June 04, 2012 12:35PM

Erin Wrote:
> Oh dear god...the motorcyclist from Saturday's
> accident survived?? I've been combing the
> newspapers and the internet looking for anything
> that would indicate his status. Please tell me
> you're not pulling my leg & that you know this to
> be true.

It looks like he survived but I can only imagine what a long road to recovery he will have. It doesn't sound like he was doing anything reckless or illegal. A real tragedy...thoughts and prayers.

http://burke.patch.com/articles/motorcyclist-injured-in-ox-road-burke-lake-road-crash-june-2-saturday

Posted by: Some cunt ()
Date: June 04, 2012 12:42PM

I put my sons lake braddoc blanket on him. Im confident it saved his life!

Date: June 04, 2012 01:02PM

I, too, sought out information about his status, and finally found his cousin's facebook page. According to her, he is in critical condition as of yesterday afternoon.

There was absolutely NO alcohol on his breath when we were waiting for the ambulance. The accident did not appear to be in any way his fault.

Posted by: jcow ()
Date: June 04, 2012 01:27PM

@karen, keep us posted. prayers for the cyclist

Posted by: Lak Braddoc ()
Date: June 04, 2012 01:51PM

I put my sons lake braddoc blanket on him. Im confident it saved his life!

Thanks for confirming that you're a fucking retard...actually, a retard has better spelling ability than you do, and lots more empathy...

Posted by: Arthur t nelson ()
Date: June 04, 2012 02:46PM

Lak Braddoc Wrote:
> I put my sons lake braddoc blanket on him. Im
> confident it saved his life!
>
>
> Thanks for confirming that you're a fucking
> retard...actually, a retard has better spelling
> ability than you do, and lots more empathy...

Oh no! A typo!!!!!!! Ironically, you fucked up the spelling in your name, but maybe you did that on purpose, either way, you are riding someones typo too hard. Get over it.

- Ride hard

Posted by: Lak Braddoc ()
Date: June 04, 2012 02:54PM

Intentional typo...and I'm afraid the asshole who posted that fucking "funny" posting about the blanket deserved it...

Posted by: EMT ()
Date: June 04, 2012 02:57PM

Lak Braddoc Wrote:
> Intentional typo...and I'm afraid the asshole who
> posted that fucking "funny" posting about the
> blanket deserved it...

You seem to be in shock, perhaps you are need of a blanket as well? I always keep an extra in my car just in case because, as we all know, it can save a life. You think that someone is an asshole for putting a blanket over the poor guy??

Posted by: EMT-P ()
Date: June 04, 2012 03:26PM

You seem to be in shock, perhaps you are need of a blanket as well? I always keep an extra in my car just in case because, as we all know, it can save a life. You think that someone is an asshole for putting a blanket over the poor guy??

Jesus H. Christ...read what the stupid fuck wrote before you make a fool of yourself...the douchebag was making a JOKE about putting a "Lake Braddoc" blanket in the victim...

Posted by: Emt ()
Date: June 04, 2012 03:35PM

EMT-P Wrote:
> You seem to be in shock, perhaps you are need of a
> blanket as well? I always keep an extra in my car
> just in case because, as we all know, it can save
> a life. You think that someone is an asshole for
> putting a blanket over the poor guy??
>
>
> Jesus H. Christ...read what the stupid fuck wrote
> before you make a fool of yourself...the douchebag
> was making a JOKE about putting a "Lake Braddoc"
> blanket in the victim...

Sigh...so was I.

Posted by: Minger ()
Date: June 04, 2012 03:41PM

tweedle Wrote:
> WTF? Wrote:
> -----
> > tweedle Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Hopefully someone had a spare blanket to put
> on
> > > the guy. Could mean the difference between
> > life
> > > and death.
> >
> > A blanket to put over somebody on a 95 degree
> day?
> > Are you insane?
>
>
> http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/626
> 407/page-1.html

Date: June 04, 2012 05:10PM

Dear Karen;

Was the young man you were holding have a green sparkling helmut?

Date: June 04, 2012 05:18PM

The young man is my son-in-law Chris and he is fighting for his life. He is at INOVA Trauma Unit. Thank you for being there with him.

Posted by: Lynn ()
Date: June 04, 2012 05:36PM

I was also on the scene with Karen and the Manassas fire fighter and glad to hear he is still in the fight. My prayers are with him and his family. Please keep us informed. Being with someone during a life threating event can really be an eye opener.

Posted by: Anonymous22 ()
Date: June 04, 2012 05:49PM

Thank G-d that your and our prayers were heard. The motorcyclist has survived. Drive safely . . .

Date: June 04, 2012 05:54PM

Thank you also for being there with him. He is a strong young man and I will surely let him know that he had guardian angels with him at the worst moment in his life. Thank you all again.

Posted by: Fight The Good Fight ()
Date: June 04, 2012 08:10PM

Karen

My prayers go out for him. Tell him to keep up the fight.

Posted by: concerned citizen ()
Date: June 04, 2012 08:27PM

My most sincere thoughts and warm wishes go out to the family and close friends of the accident victim, and I wish him the best in a quick and successful recovery. This was truly an unnecessary and tragic event.

Posted by: ... ()
Date: June 04, 2012 08:33PM

Dunn Wrote:
> So......we gots to know, is he a Boozefighter?
> Not that it matters.....good luck to him and the
> family.

He is a BFMC member.

Posted by: riley ()
Date: June 04, 2012 08:44PM

Anonymous22 Wrote:
> Thank G-d that your and our prayers were heard.
> The motorcyclist has survived. Drive safely . . .

Forgive my ignorance. I'm not religious so I don't know how this praying thing works. Are you saying that prayers are retro-active? Does god's actions conform to the heisenberg uncertainty principle? As long as you don't observe an outcome (or hear about it or read about it, etc...) then, relative to you, nothing has yet occurred? Relative to you, for example, a body exists in some limbo state, neither alive nor dead? And therefore god is still receptive to prayers asking him to deliver one fate or another? that's some wacky shit.

Posted by: Dicky Roberts ()
Date: June 04, 2012 09:44PM

When will people learn? Drunks have to pay the consequences!

Posted by: The Big Guy ()
Date: June 04, 2012 09:46PM

I'm not hearing the prayers, people! Either get down on your knees and pray, or I'll smite someone!

Date: June 04, 2012 10:10PM

The Big Guy Wrote:
> I'm not hearing the prayers, people! Either get
> down on your knees and pray, or I'll smite
> someone!

I'm prayin for Chris right now. Can you hear me?

Date: June 04, 2012 10:23PM

6X Wrote:
> The Big Guy Wrote:
> -----
> > I'm not hearing the prayers, people! Either
> get
> > down on your knees and pray, or I'll smite
> > someone!
>
>
> I'm prayin for Chris right now. Can you hear me?

Yeah I can hear you. Just know that at this point it's between Chris and a 6 y/o girl in Cambodia dying of malaria. I'm leaning towards Chris. Those Buddhist prayers are just noise to my all-hearing ears. But if some tourists or missionaries happen by her and take up the cause....well it could get interesting.

Date: June 04, 2012 10:29PM

Why do you have to make a choice? I think they both should live.

Date: June 05, 2012 12:11AM

6X Wrote:
> Why do you have to make a choice? I think they
> both should live.

You can't hope to understand why I do the things I do. You just need to have faith.

Posted by: Saw the accident as well... ()
Date: June 05, 2012 05:12AM

God help you ignorant non-human sick F's,For your disgusting comments on here!!!.... No wonder our world is te way it is!!...
For everyone of you that made a sick remark, I hope this or something worse
Happens to you or perhaps a loved one, because, I do believe in karma!...

And for you people who don't know how to drive or how to put your
Phones down while doing so..... Learn a lesson from the driver of this car here!...
I'm sure a price will be paid.... ESP, mentally!...

Karen, I am sorry your family is going through such a tragic time.
I wasn't sure if the young man I saw laying in the road had survived or not until I read your comment here!....
I have been praying for him ever since
Sat.

Myself being a rider, this had really shaken me!...
Please keep us informed how your son-in-law does. I am sure
He has a long road ahead of him!
God bless him and his family!

Posted by: Crazy scary Nova ()
Date: June 05, 2012 06:33AM

Why even ride a motorcycle in this area? We have the worst drivers on the road.

Good luck to the young man who was hit. You know he will never ride again.

Posted by: Just a matter of time ()
Date: June 05, 2012 07:17AM

Hey Marboro man! Soon, very soon.

Date: June 05, 2012 07:43AM

any news on what actually happened to cause it? Was the light really busted?

Prayers to all involved

Posted by: Rider ()
Date: June 05, 2012 09:01AM

What were the circumstances? Was the rider at fault? Or, as the previous poster asked, were the lights at that intersection not working, and did someone in a car get impatient and pull into the path of the car?

Posted by: Justataxpayer ()
Date: June 05, 2012 09:30AM

After reading the Patch article that came out, it sounds like the Hyundai failed to yield at a green light (without a green arrow) when turning left and cut in front of the motorcycle traveling south through the intersection. The lady in the Hyundai must not have even slowed down because the article stated she hit a Mustang that was coming from Clifton Road on 123 and was sitting at the light. I am sure the story from the driver of the Mustang would tell exactly what happened. My bet is the Hyundai driver was distracted or just didn't look north at oncoming traffic and turned in front of the motorcycle.

Posted by: Languid ()
Date: June 05, 2012 09:34AM

Yup, sounds like the classic "left turn in front of a motorcycle" situation...

Date: June 05, 2012 09:45AM

well, since I just dug this vid out on the "psycho <3 Gordon" thread, I might as well post it here as well. DRIVERS WATCH FOR BIKERS AS THE WEATHER GETS NICE CAUSE THIS COULD BE YOU SOMEDAY.............

edit - you will see this happen to bikers ALL THE TIME once you know it happens to them...............

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2012 09:46AM by Gordon Blvd.

Posted by: say ()
Date: June 05, 2012 10:13AM

The left turn from northbound Rt 123 onto Clifton Rd should NOT be a yield on green, it should be left on a green arrow only. There is hump on southbound 123 that vehicles pop up over. In other words, the sight lines are bad.

If this scooterboy was traveling at twice the speed limit like they usually are, she maybe didn't see him until it was too late.

Near where I live there was the same situation. Westbound Braddock Rd turning left onto Queensberry Ave. A whole bunch of people got killed there before they got rid on the yield on green left at that light.

Posted by: The Turbinator ()
Date: June 05, 2012 10:27AM

If it's not Asian drivers killing people, it's their automobiles. Get the orientals out of this country!

Date: June 05, 2012 12:00PM

Thank you Karen. Thank you Steve. I am beyond elated that this man survived, though I'm sure he still has the most unimaginable difficult battle still ahead of him. He's been on my mind non-stop since witnessing the accident. My prayers and thoughts are with him and his family.

Posted by: ... ()
Date: June 05, 2012 12:03PM

http://fairfaxstation.patch.com/articles/motorcyclist-injured-in-ox-road-burke-lake-road-crash-june-2-saturday

A motorcyclist sustained life-threatening injuries in a crash this weekend that sent him 50 feet from his motorcycle.

The crash was reported at about 5:15 p.m. on Saturday at Burke Lake Road and Ox Road, said Dan Schmidt, spokesman with the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department.

According to the Fairfax County Police Department, the driver of a Hyundai Elantra traveling northbound on Ox Road was trying to turn left onto Clifton Road. The motorcyclist was heading southbound.

Both crossed the intersection on a green light. The motorcycle collided with the passenger side of the Hyundai as it turned left in front of him, police said. The motorcyclist was ejected from his bike and landed about 50 feet beyond the impact. The impact sent the Hyundai into a Ford Mustang that had also stopped at the Clifton Road traffic light.

No injuries were reported to those inside the Mustang. The driver of the Hyundai reported minor injuries, and the motorcyclist was transported via helicopter to a nearby hospital with life-threatening injuries.

Alcohol or speed do not appear to have been factors in the crash, authorities said. The investigation continues.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The motorcycle rider did NOTHING wrong in this accident! People need to PAY ATTENTION when they are driving, the stupid bitch who hit him deserves everything that's coming her way. I hope she gets sued and gets jail time for her negligence. dumb bitch.

Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.