HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 123AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 3
VASAP class
Posted by: whatever2 ()
Date: April 25, 2008 10:23PM

do they breathalyze you in VASAP classes?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: VASAP class
Posted by: doh! ()
Date: April 25, 2008 10:30PM

nope

Posted by: Dirty Jersey ()
Date: April 26, 2008 04:53PM

No, so you can go there drunk

Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: April 26, 2008 08:57PM

They breathalize before class randomly and piss test you the first day. Don't listen to these guys.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: April 27, 2008 11:50AM

I thought I remembered being breathalyzed several times in asap class, but I didn't want the horde to shout me down lest my memory be incorrect....

the guy who taught my asap class in fairfax was also a total dick about things like even slight tardiness. That class is designed to be a punishment, since the only alternative to the minimally intrusive rigidity of it is usually jail.

Date: April 27, 2008 11:50AM

I might add I was never charged with an alcohol crime, ever, so why I was sent to that class is beyond me.

s
Date: April 27, 2008 11:56AM

s

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2010 08:39PM by inkahootz.

Date: April 27, 2008 12:04PM

simple mj possession charge, I mean to say I KNOW why I was there, I don't think it makes any sense. I wasn't even driving when I got the ticket for it.

s
Date: April 27, 2008 12:18PM

s

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2010 08:39PM by inkahootz.

Date: April 27, 2008 12:26PM

yup had to do intake at ADS, didn't manage to avoid any new charges tho (traffic ticket) so it ended up on my record, no jail time was ever considered though and having it on my record hasn't been a problem in the ten years since...so it's no big deal to me, maybe if I ever need a clearance I will be screwed, but I don't particularly want to know this country's secrets anyway.

Rs
Date: April 27, 2008 01:02PM

s

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2010 12:19AM by inkahootz.

Posted by: Dirty Jersey ()
Date: April 27, 2008 05:43PM

I had the ASAP class too for MJ possession, back when I was 17. All I remember is the guy teaching it told us he took LSD in Vietnam and was up for days

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: April 28, 2008 08:55AM

crap reston peace posted as genevieve, and is now going to edit it...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2008 08:55AM by Genevieve.

Posted by: SE aka Douche/Jackass ()
Date: April 28, 2008 04:19PM

They only breathalyze the habitual offenders.

Date: April 28, 2008 05:04PM

They breathalyzed everyone in the class at the same time when I took it.

Posted by: watcher ()
Date: April 28, 2008 06:06PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> simple mj possession charge

That explains the haircut.

Date: April 29, 2008 07:37AM

watcher Wrote:
> RESton Peace Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > simple mj possession charge
>
> That explains the haircut.

No, that haircut was brought to you by Ativan™ and Valium™

Posted by: SRE ()
Date: April 29, 2008 08:41AM

This forum was brought to you by the letters "F" and "U" and the number "2"!

:-)

Date: May 03, 2008 12:00PM

Inkahootz,

I agree it was an unlikely situation. Here's what happened:

I get convvicted of the traffic offense. I am required to call my p.o. anmd report it, so I do, and she tells me she is required (I believe she used the word "forced") to report it up to the court. My p.o. was fresh out of college, maybe even still in college, and doing this for the first time. I was literally one of the first people she had reporting to her. She was just sticking close to the rules because of these things.

So she reported me, and when I got to court, I got to literally go first. This was Fairfax CITY court, not county. The judge was that old dude with the beard that rotates at the courts. You may know who i am talking about. He read my p.o.'s recommendation, and she asked him to extend my probation and not revoke. He said that was crazy, and he read me a mini riot act and revoked. He fined me 500 bucks on the spot and reinstated the full suspension of my license for the remaining time, which I might add was five days. I got nailed with five days left to go. Sucked.

Posted by: DeathByCop ()
Date: May 03, 2008 02:59PM

po's always ask to extend and not revoke. Why is that???

Posted by: Indigenous ()
Date: May 08, 2008 12:50AM

I was arrested for a DUI, pled down to a reckless. Got 6 mos probation and suspension of license. Finished ASAP classes recently. Will they call me in for random drug testing?

Posted by: SRE ()
Date: May 08, 2008 08:17AM

When your 6 months are up, you should get a letter from your PO (ASAP counselor) indicating that you have fulfilled your ASAP commitment and can go to the (always fun) DMV and get your license.

Until you have been released from ASAP oversight, you can be called in and tested whenever they feel like it. (And you get the honor of paying for the drug tests!) [Highly unlikely, but you signed some papers that agreed to this during your intake.]

Posted by: BreakFree ()
Date: May 20, 2008 05:18PM

I'm trying to accept a position at a new job, but haven't been told yet about the hours of the ASAP class? Does anyone know how the classes are set up? Days of the week, time, length? etc.

Please let me know. Thanks!

Posted by: Virginia ()
Date: May 22, 2008 05:51PM

If you have already attended your intake and were waiting for a class, call your PO and tell them about your new job. Their classes are once a week, two hours each session, for 10 weeks. Its a total of 20 hours. They usually meet from 6-8pm or 8-10pm. They do have morning classes and sometimes Saturday or Sunday classes. The Saturday and Sunday classes are sometimes longer than 2 hours so you can knock the class out quicker.

Date: May 23, 2008 03:16AM

I took it on Saturday mornings and I do not recall how long each class was..

Posted by: d'eau ()
Date: May 30, 2008 09:20AM

Yes they do breathalyse you. depending on which class you get put into. I was given a tube to hold onto through out the duration of my 10 week class and a breathalyser was administered every time. 8 am on SATURDAY, so it was no drinking for 10 Friday nights in college. : P that was a whole semester. One person blew I dont know what, but they were kicked out. Apparently if you blow anything they have to make you leave and your case will be sent back to court, because you sign a piece of paper that says you will not drink while in the program.

Posted by: shakeandbake ()
Date: June 09, 2008 02:35PM

what's the deal with the drug testing?? underage possession of alcohol charge, anyone been piss tested for anything because of this? i can understand breathlyzing, but should they have any right to test for anything else?

Posted by: DeathByCop ()
Date: June 09, 2008 02:49PM

They can do whatever they want. nowadays they put a lot dwi people in ADS as well, and that is constant drug monitoring for four months at least until the program is done. I did ASAP a long time ago, and they made me take one piss test at the beginng of the 'course', and then that was it.

shakeandbake Wrote:
> what's the deal with the drug testing?? underage
> possession of alcohol charge, anyone been piss
> tested for anything because of this? i can
> understand breathlyzing, but should they have any
> right to test for anything else?

VASAP Testing Procedure
Posted by: concerned VASAP ()
Date: December 21, 2008 03:49PM

I have my first random drug screen for the VASAP class in two days. My intake counselor gave me what she called a "30 day window" because I indicated that I smoked marijuana 5 days before my court date. (essentially she gave me 30 days to get clean). I have been clean for around 35 days... I have read that THC can stay in the body for up to around 45 days for heavy smokers (which I was). My questions are as follows: What kind of test is given? Is it a simnple strip test done on the spot? What are the ramifications if I fail because there are trace amounts in my system? Is it safe to bet that even if there is a small amount in my system I will pass because it will indicate that i've quit?

Any answers to these questions will be greatly appreciated.

Posted by: Katherine ()
Date: July 08, 2009 10:51AM

I am going to my last asap class tonight and I can tell you, Yes they do breathalyze you. In my case she normally did it ever other class, but if you went in obviously drunk you woulda been sent back to jail. Breaking the rules of your probation. Now as far as them testing you after the class is done, im not sure how that is going to work. I know they can call me intermittedly to come in for a test. Basically I think you should stay sober for the duration of your classes and the time they have you on probation...is a beer or a shot worth jail?

Posted by: katherine ()
Date: July 08, 2009 10:58AM

you were probably put in it if you were charged for anything to do with drugs OR alcohol..its a substance abuse class..not just an alcohol abuse class.

Re: VASAP Testing Procedure
Posted by: tinfoil... ()
Date: July 08, 2009 09:21PM

concerned VASAP Wrote:
> I have my first random drug screen for the VASAP
> class in two days. My intake counselor gave me
> what she called a "30 day window" because I
> indicated that I smoked marijuana 5 days before my
> court date. (essentially she gave me 30 days to
> get clean). I have been clean for around 35
> days... I have read that THC can stay in the body
> for up to around 45 days for heavy smokers (which
> I was). My questions are as follows: What kind
> of test is given? Is it a simnple strip test done
> on the spot? What are the ramifications if I fail
> because there are trace amounts in my system? Is
> it safe to bet that even if there is a small
> amount in my system I will pass because it will
> indicate that i've quit?
>
> Any answers to these questions will be greatly
> appreciated.

watch harsh times, great way to get around it, if your a fat fucker your fucked, if your skinny your ok

Posted by: Mike ()
Date: July 09, 2009 04:33PM

Good going!!! I'm gearing up for the start of the next asap class in Gloucester, my first time. Anybody attend asap in this county? So it's 10 2 hour classes? What do they talk about? Does it help anybody? What if you can't make a class because of work? Any answers would be great.

Posted by: Seann ()
Date: July 09, 2009 10:05PM

There are always hot chicks in ASAP classes. I believe it is because FCPD pulls over hot girls, and once they find them to be drunk, offer them two things to blow on. pick one go home, pick the other go to jail.

Posted by: someone ()
Date: February 01, 2010 11:15PM

I have my ASAP intake tomorrow for DWI. Do they really drug test on first day? I quit 2 days ago but it'll show in my system

Posted by: walter ()
Date: February 02, 2010 06:20AM

sometimes they do and sometime they dont. They definitely breathalyze you. I didnt get drug tested the whole time i was in ASAP.

Posted by: beenthere ()
Date: February 02, 2010 10:20AM

My son had to attend VASAP as a juvenile due to being caught in a car with other kids on a routine traffic stop, where they also found marijuana in the car. He denied smoking. He went to an informal hearing, and from there to VASAP. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Knowing what I know now, I would have refused to cooperate with that and gone onto regular court, and plead not guilty - which was where we ended up anyway.

You might as well think of yourself in jail. You sign your life away on the VASAP contract. They assign your class times and if you need to change them, they charge your more money to do so. If you don't finish in their rigid time frame (almost impossible to do in the 3 months he was allotted) it is back to court. We gave up a summer vacation for him to attend, but I have heard of people losing jobs over this.

He was clean - believe me this hover mother hauled him in for drug testing the day after he was caught in the car, and he was clean. I had him tested again a week before his informal hearing - he was clean. The next month he had a meeting with the probation counselor so I tested him again before going - clean. I am talking secure lab quality observed tests- all clean. A week or two later he started his classes and at the first class they tested the kids and his came out dirty for marijuana. He was adamant he was clean, so I had him re-tested at a private lab again the next day (my doctor must think we are some kind of temperance nuts) and he was clean. I got a copy of the VASAP test - they do test for every drug they can test you for - opiates, everything.

VASAP would not accept private results. They returned his case to the court - yes with the recommendation of even more of their crappy classes. And the one class he attended - it was crap and not worth a dime. I went too for the parent session and it was all bogus pyscho babble crap. I think all their employees seem like former druggies to me, or maybe current druggies given the snotty way they act.

And the group urine testing was chaotic and a joke - NO DOUBT someone switched their sample for his. There was no dye in the toilets, no security in the bathroom. He just handed over his unmarked sample to the lab dude. Lesson learned: GUARD YOUR SAMPLE!

It took 6 months to get this case through the juvenile court system, because at this point we had to hire an attorney and such. We called several attorneys and not a one was surprised that VASAP operates in such a careless manner. I personally spoke to their director and he is a clown who can admit no error by his staff and said the same thing others said here - their policy is to return the case to the courts. I got his drift. Return the case, get an extension and pad their budget some more with your fees for their services. And pad the number of people they are supposedly serving. Politicians love this program - it supposedly pays for itself despite having county employees - no point in complaining to your local politico. They love this program - keeps citizens out of jail and pays for itself.

Long story short, the prosecutor refused to prosecute since there was no specific evidence against him in the first place, thank goodness. Also the police officer refused to show up for the case too, effectively withdrawing the complaint. The Police Officer told me on the phone it was up to VASAP to provide their own proof, not him. VASAP did not show up at court either I might add, although I saw his probation officer in court that day. You couldn't miss her, she weighs about 350 lbs and takes up two chairs in the seating area. I am guessing former druggie who gained weight when she gave up the drugs/smoke/drink.

The VASAP purpose is only to punish you more than educate you and extend your case indefinitely until they deem themselves successful. Given the choice, I would rather pay the fine directly to the court system and skip the bogus classes.

To the person who has waited 35 days since smoking before testing - here is the benefit of my new found lab/drug knowledge. Wait 45+ days if you can. If not, drink LOTS of wator and gatorade and be very physically active - sweat a lot- run for miles. That may pull you through this Nazi system.

Posted by: really been there ()
Date: February 02, 2010 10:41AM

Re: VASAP class Posted by: beenthere ()
Date: February 02, 2010 10:20AM

And the group urine testing was chaotic and a joke - NO DOUBT someone switched their sample for his. There was no dye in the toilets, no security in the bathroom. He just handed over his unmarked sample to the lab dude. Lesson learned: GUARD YOUR SAMPLE!

That's bullshit. They use the same bathroom the probation dept uses. There are waste level mirrors all around the bathroom and a two way mirror that someone watches through. Everyone goes in one at atime and the sample containers are premarked with your name printed on it. There is no dye in the toilet because the attendant is right there watching you. Your son was lying to you, because that is how it is really done. It is not a completely fail safe chain of command, but it's nowhere as bad as you make it out to be.

Date: February 02, 2010 11:00AM

NOT BS!!

I WAS THERE - I saw people going and coming from the bathroom who were NOT part of the testing process. I saw a girl go in the men's room to "ask a question" of the bozo lab guy. There were a dozen plus kids milling about - there was NO CONTROl and plenty of distractions. He did not observe his test being labelled and sealed- something he has now learned to do if ever in that situation again which I hope to God he learned his lesson on that.

Did you not hear I had my son tested before and after (less than a week on either side) in a properly observed private lab - where he was the only one in there except for the lab person - and he tested negative at those times and at all times before or since. He is no angel, but he is innocent on this one.

So, this is probably the one time he was not lying to me. I know what I saw, I have been in a profession most of my adult life where random drug testing is required - there was always an ID process and dye in the toilets. There was none that night at VASAP.

Also, since I am not a "criminal" in my profession - if anyone ever tests positive they are allowed a re-test or can get a Drs. note for medication found whatever. Not so a VASAP. It is referred to the court no matter what, or at least that is what they told me. They could have saved us all time and money by doing a re-test (and they should have re-tested everyone tested that night!) but they would not even consider it. They are beyond rigid there and avoid them at all costs.

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: February 02, 2010 11:14AM

46166571-superbowl-rings-1987-washington

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2015 02:12PM by WingNut.

Date: February 02, 2010 11:38AM

Maybe since this was juvenile only with parent VASAP session they were not so strict on the pee process. But they are so lame to throw all their staff and program problems back on the court system. The need an internal audit for sure - of their staff, curriculum and methods.

I did research drug testing at this time, and the particular test they used has a 4% false positive result. Maybe my kid was in that group - but I doubt it. With the kids milling around and in/out of the bathroom and chatting it up and distracting the staff - I think not.

Date: February 02, 2010 12:02PM

beenthere Wrote:
> NOT BS!!
>
> I WAS THERE - I saw people going and coming from
> the bathroom who were NOT part of the testing
> process. I saw a girl go in the men's room to "ask
> a question" of the bozo lab guy.

Why would he be in the men's room during the drug testing process? The men's room is straight accross from the test bathroom; the lab tech is suppoed to be in the obsevation room next door to the testing bathroom watcbing people pee in the cup.

There were a
> dozen plus kids milling about - there was NO
> CONTROl and plenty of distractions. He did not
> observe his test being labelled and sealed-
> something he has now learned to do if ever in that
> situation again which I hope to God he learned his
> lesson on that.

You are given a conatiner with a print labeled seal that seal after the sample is given.

> Did you not hear I had my son tested before and
> after (less than a week on either side) in a
> properly observed private lab - where he was the
> only one in there except for the lab person - and
> he tested negative at those times and at all times
> before or since. He is no angel, but he is
> innocent on this one.

marijuana can be out of your system in 2 days for single usage. so unless you tested him immediately after his sample was given it could have been out of his system by the next time you had him tested.

> So, this is probably the one time he was not lying
> to me. I know what I saw, I have been in a
> profession most of my adult life where random drug
> testing is required - there was always an ID
> process and dye in the toilets. There was none
> that night at VASAP.
>
> Also, since I am not a "criminal" in my profession
> - if anyone ever tests positive they are allowed a
> re-test or can get a Drs. note for medication
> found whatever. Not so a VASAP. It is referred to
> the court no matter what, or at least that is what
> they told me. They could have saved us all time
> and money by doing a re-test (and they should have
> re-tested everyone tested that night!) but they
> would not even consider it. They are beyond rigid
> there and avoid them at all costs.

The court and probation system do not do retests ( a fail is a fail) and false positives for THC are rare since they test for threshold levels of the toxin present in your system

Date: February 02, 2010 12:34PM

He was definitely in a Men's Bathroom at VASAP. The Lab guy was set up in there - I do not know why it was different from usual, I do not know what usual is. Girls went elsewhere, except the one who trotted in there with a "question". This was on a night with classes going on, if that makes a difference.

He peed into a cup that the Lab person poured into a bag. That was as much as he saw. He did not guard the chain of custody properly, but he is a juvenile and new to this and now he knows to do so. That is the only thing VASAP taught him. I mistakenly thought VASAP knew what they were doing.

The type of test they did - some kind of gas based urine test I would need to look it back up - can test back to 45 days to indicate usage. It is the same test our private lab uses. Now, he is young and athletic and could probably speed up his metabolism a few days, but not down to 2 days. The $20 CVS style pee-test is a day after test that only shows a few days/hours use. This is NOT what VASAP uses - prepare yourself to be clean up to 45 days prior for marijuana testing if your metabolism is average. There are supposedly products out there to help cleanse the system, but I am pretty sure he did use any of that.

I am not sure about the other drugs - cocaine, opiates and the like are also tested, but not sure about their shelf life in the urine as it did not pertain to him.

Courts should consider a re-testing, it would save everyone a lot of time, money and aggravation. I certainly would have paid for one - and stood right there observing the whole chain of custody for sure that time around. I would say VASAP sends cases to court just to extend them and thus do more business - have more active files, incur more fees, etc. That seemed to be their focus.

The prosecutor certainly looked at the evidence my attorney presented - 4 negative tests all around the date of the one positive VASAP test, saw no police officer (they paged him even in the courthouse - he was not showing up for this) and VASAP refused to respond to him too since it was their contention he was being returned on the orginal charge - of which there was really no case to begin with. The officer had only field tested the marijuana since he was only sending all the kids to ian nformal hearing, it was never lab tested. No one was using the marijuana - it was just a baggie under the seat that no one would claim as theirs, so all were charged with posession.

All in all, it was a waste of everyone's time and our money.

Date: February 02, 2010 10:01PM

beenthere Wrote:
> He was definitely in a Men's Bathroom at VASAP.
> The Lab guy was set up in there - I do not know
> why it was different from usual, I do not know
> what usual is. Girls went elsewhere, except the
> one who trotted in there with a "question". This
> was on a night with classes going on, if that
> makes a difference.
>
> He peed into a cup that the Lab person poured into
> a bag. That was as much as he saw. He did not
> guard the chain of custody properly, but he is a
> juvenile and new to this and now he knows to do
> so. That is the only thing VASAP taught him. I
> mistakenly thought VASAP knew what they were
> doing.
>
> The type of test they did - some kind of gas based
> urine test I would need to look it back up - can
> test back to 45 days to indicate usage. It is the
> same test our private lab uses. Now, he is young
> and athletic and could probably speed up his
> metabolism a few days, but not down to 2 days. The
> $20 CVS style pee-test is a day after test that
> only shows a few days/hours use. This is NOT what
> VASAP uses - prepare yourself to be clean up to 45
> days prior for marijuana testing if your
> metabolism is average.

45 days? Sorry, but no. After 45 days that shit would have half lifed outta here
I know they say 4 to 6 weeks for regular smokers w/ high THC levels, but I smoked weed 2 to 3 days before an FAA urine test and passed that shit. (I had been a regular smoker up until this point.)

Hair analysis can detect back up to 6 months, but they can be beat; trust me my gf did
it. Use the shit from PASS IT. However, if you are African American it won't work for coke because of certain attributes of their hair follicles.

There are supposedly
> products out there to help cleanse the system, but
> I am pretty sure he did use any of that.
>
>
> I am not sure about the other drugs - cocaine,
> opiates and the like are also tested, but not sure
> about their shelf life in the urine as it did not
> pertain to him.

in urine test/single use I have heard

marijuana: 2 to 3 days

coke: 3 to 5 days

opiates: 3 to 5 and 5 to 7 days

amphetamines 3 to 5 and 5 to 7 days

acid and hallucinogenics: hours

> Courts should consider a re-testing, it would save
> everyone a lot of time, money and aggravation. I
> certainly would have paid for one - and stood
> right there observing the whole chain of custody
> for sure that time around. I would say VASAP sends
> cases to court just to extend them and thus do
> more business - have more active files, incur more
> fees, etc. That seemed to be their focus.
>
> The prosecutor certainly looked at the evidence my
> attorney presented - 4 negative tests all around
> the date of the one positive VASAP test, saw no
> police officer (they paged him even in the
> courthouse - he was not showing up for this) and
> VASAP refused to respond to him too since it was
> their contention he was being returned on the
> orginal charge - of which there was really no case
> to begin with. The officer had only field tested
> the marijuana since he was only sending all the
> kids to ian nformal hearing, it was never lab
> tested. No one was using the marijuana - it was
> just a baggie under the seat that no one would
> claim as theirs, so all were charged with
> posession.
>
> All in all, it was a waste of everyone's time and
> our money.

Date: February 03, 2010 09:32AM

Gas-liquid chromatography/Mass spectrometry can detect marijuana back to 45 days. I just looked it up again. This is the test VASAP used on my son and also the private lab.It cost at least $75 a pop for testing.

What CVS and other home test companies sell is one that will detect 2-3 days usage and maybe a little longer depending on your metabolism. That costs around $20.

The fatter and less active you are, the longer it will stay in your system.

So, if you have smoked mj within the last month or so, I would not submit to a VASAP drug test.

VASAP TESTING
Posted by: need to know ()
Date: May 11, 2010 08:00PM

Never had a previous charge of any kind, got a dwi & gotta take VASAP classes....
My question is will i only be tested for alcohol, or will they test me for anything other than alcohol(green)?

In order words, will the drug test(s) i receive only test for the intoxicant(alcohol) at the time of my arrest?

Re: VASAP TESTING
Posted by: the deal ()
Date: May 11, 2010 08:13PM

need to know Wrote:
> Never had a previous charge of any kind, got a dwi
> & gotta take VASAP classes....
> My question is will i only be tested for alcohol,
> or will they test me for anything other than
> alcohol(green)?
>
> In order words, will the drug test(s) i receive
> only test for the intoxicant(alcohol) at the time
> of my arrest?

If u have no prior alcohol or drug related history u will just meet with a counselor once and then have to do asap breathalyzers before each asap class. If u have previous alcohol or drug arrests u will referred to ADS as well, which sucks, since you will have to take drug tests and your ADS counselor will act more like a probation officer.

Posted by: Mike ()
Date: May 21, 2010 10:42AM

Will they be testing you during your first actual class or during the initiation meeting ?

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: May 21, 2010 10:46AM

both

Posted by: jigggaaa ()
Date: May 21, 2010 11:24AM

To anyone posting asking whether or not you'll be tested or given a breathalyser, the answer is YES. Back in college I got put in ASAP for alcohol possession, and I got the works. Don't be a fucking idiot and act like you can breeze through it. Stop blazing and don't get drunk the night prior.

Posted by: d ()
Date: August 10, 2010 09:02AM

If I miss a vASAP class cause I did not have a ride. I just found out VASAP has filed to take me back to court for "failure to comply with VASAP". What will happen, will the judge understand I did not have a ride? will I Have to take it all over again? I lost my license for 6 mos? Can I get a restricted license once I complte VASAP and have paid for the program?

Date: August 10, 2010 09:08AM

What was your original charge? And do you have a lawyer?

Posted by: just me ()
Date: August 28, 2010 12:42AM

will the vasap class work with my work schedule.and will they allow me to take the classes in 4 consecative days

Posted by: alright ()
Date: August 29, 2010 12:26AM

To Beenthere, I think your son was probably smoking up. I was in a similar program recently where I was drug tested randomly twice a week. Awhile back I smoked late on a Saturday night and passed a test on Monday around noon.

I'm not a skinny person (not obese or anything either) and I was still able to pass. I didn't even try to drink a bunch of water or anything. I was just planing on fessing up. After that I smoked a few more times during the program with no problems. I am not a regular smoker though, and smoke in total maybe 3 times a month depending.

A real skinny guy I knew in the program failed for opiates and told me it'd been 8 days since he used so I don't know what's up with that. I think it all depends person to person and how much you are using consistently. I agree with reallybeenthere that the only way you could have really known was to go straight from there to your testing place and have him tested right away.

Posted by: Claire ()
Date: October 05, 2010 01:19AM

I personally don't smoke much at all. But i do drink. now i wouldn't be stupid enough to get drunk on or the day before one of my vasap classes. but i've heard that at some AA meetings, they give everyone tests for alcohol that isn't just a breath test, but apparently this test can locate the enzymes or bacteria in your urine or body that breaks down the alcohol. so if you drank like 3 or 4 days before, they could still tell based on finding that bacteria that only breaks down alcohol. Do you think they would do that in the vasap meetings??

Posted by: Carl ()
Date: November 10, 2010 05:19PM

So I completed my VASAP class in June. When I finished the class my P.O. told me that I would be on probation until Noveember and that I'd be randomly drug tested. Since completion of the VASAP class part, I haven't been drug tested or contacted at all by my P.O. Has anyone else been in the situation? did they forget about me? or will I get a call or mail at the end of the month?

Posted by: Gypsy ()
Date: November 30, 2010 07:12PM

How much do the classes cost?

Posted by: ass*ipes ()
Date: November 30, 2010 08:43PM

Really? Really? If you cannot afford a cab after drinking please move to West Virginia. We don't want you or need you.

Can I say redneck? God I hate your kind! Losers!!!

Posted by: Tony from Pedro ()
Date: November 30, 2010 10:24PM

Fairfax VASAP 1999; I got breathalyzed at the intake session and at only one of the classes. I had heard that Arlington breathalyzed at every class.

One guy blew a positive at the intake and fled; the tester said the guy was an idiot - he wouldn't have been arrested, only put on a fast track to a third party counseling program. Fleeing, however, violated his probation.

Posted by: wellcrap ()
Date: December 14, 2010 09:55PM

So, I have my intake tomorrow for ASAP in Arlington. I am worried about any kind of drug test, even though I have only smoked 1 time in the past year... stupidly it was 3 weeks ago. I have to imagine I'll be clean... but I mean who knows... Last thing I want to do is fail a drug test cause I smoked 1 time in a year...

That being said, can they really do random breath tests,,, like friday at 9PM... come in and get tested? Saturday at 8 AM come in and get tested? Sounds pretty frustrating?

Posted by: lakers24 ()
Date: December 15, 2010 12:12AM

How about ASAP in Fairfax? hey "wellcrap"- did you get testing during your intake? If so, did you tell them anything to make them think you had anything in your system, Or, were your charges drug related?? I signed something saying I will pay for asap which includes the cost of two ramdom drug tests...(in addition to education intervention and intake assessment and probation supervision) I am not on probation, persay, but my license is now restricted.
Thanks

Posted by: anon ()
Date: December 15, 2010 05:55PM

Had my first asap class in alrington yesterday, no breathalyser or drug screen.

Posted by: skim757 ()
Date: January 17, 2011 06:46PM

My instructor said he will only brethalyze if you are clearly drunk or he smells it on you. As far as drug tests, i have no clue. dont want to ask either cause itd put me on the spot. so no idea. im at the chesapeake bay building.

Posted by: Smith ()
Date: January 31, 2011 11:42AM

When you sign up for the VASAP classes how does it work? I heard they take your liscense untill you sign up (for a alc posession charge, 1st offense) and I have a plane ticket/vacation already planned for 2 weeks after I'd sign up. The trip is 2 weeks long. Could I schedule my class times around this? I need my liscense for the trip, so I can't wait to sign up untill after the trip.

Posted by: 703 ()
Date: January 31, 2011 02:27PM

They didn't take my licence, the DMV may do that if you have a suspended/restricted. If they want to take it (WHICH THEY WONT), just say its lost. No sweat. Good luck!

Posted by: 804 ()
Date: February 22, 2011 10:29AM

Does anyone know if paperwork is required for missing a class? I know if you miss one then you have to make it up, and if you miss 2 you have to start over. But if I miss one do I have to have a doctors note or something?

Posted by: April ()
Date: March 22, 2011 02:42PM

Im done with ASAP classes and have to take to take one final drug test to get discharged. Im not worried about the drugs just wondering if they test for alcohol in the urine. I havent had a drink for 48hrs but heard they could detect it up to 80 hours. Is this true???

Posted by: EGOD ()
Date: March 23, 2011 01:11AM

Yea man your fucked, they check, get ready for remedial ASAP man, they try it to get more money and it works, sorry asshole, next time dont get busted!

Posted by: sheknowswhatsgood ()
Date: March 23, 2011 05:03PM

to 804-

you do not need paperwork. As long as this is the first class you will miss. The next class you come in, your asap "teacher" will give you a piece of paper telling you that you owe 25$, how to pay them, and the date of your make up class.

I tried to pre-arrange my absence, so to speak, and he said they didn't do that. You can miss one class total- but you have to make it up.

Dont miss it unless youre doing something totally worth it =)

good luck

Posted by: thegirlwhoknows ()
Date: March 23, 2011 05:11PM

EGOD- How many more days before your test? I have a shit ton of advice for you if you have a day or 2...

Posted by: esfdxcvgwgdesf ()
Date: March 23, 2011 05:12PM

to April*** (not egod)

Posted by: EGOD ()
Date: March 24, 2011 01:46AM

Sorry I dont get tested, i just know, BECAUSE ONLY CHUMPS GET BUSTED, guy chumps, girl chumps, its pretty dam funny acually, nuffin better then to see a class of fool, that were all locked in cells at one point like wild beasts for gettin busted.

Posted by: Gwendolyn ()
Date: March 30, 2011 08:06PM

How often do new ASAP classes start, like how long after my conviction will I have to wait before I can get into one?
Also, I don't suppose there is any way to speed up the process....is it definitely going to take 10 weeks or are there classes that you can attend that are longer but take less than 10 weeks to complete?
After I complete my ASAP classes, can I get probation transferred to another state?
Sorry. lots of questions

Whats on the drug test???
Posted by: 703 ()
Date: April 01, 2011 12:11AM

WHAT kind of drugs do they TEST YOU FOR??? is it at 12 panel drug test? 15 panel? more? less? I have a "chain of custody drug screen packet" that i must bring to Inova hospital by tomorrow night....

Posted by: fatboyx ()
Date: April 01, 2011 06:00PM

I got a good one for this.

I was assigned my first intake appointment for this one Sunday. This is where they get all your information, make you pay the $400 some dollars to register for the classes, assign you a "group leader", etc etc.

There are about 30 people there; we're all sitting in the waiting room. I'm making small talk with some people, joking around trying to ease the situation that we are all in.

This chick walks in and sits down by the door, then proceeds to get up and leave for the bathroom for about 15 minutes. She comes back in the room right ahead of the counselor. The head counselor or whatever you wanna call him walks in. He hands out information/paperwork and puts a tape in the VHS players (gotta love their outdated shit) in the TV and lets us stew in our misery. After our short film is over he comes back in the room with a little machine and says: "Time to breathalyze ya!"

It made me kinda laugh, just had no idea they breathalyze you at an intake appointment. So he passes a bucket around the room with little personal tubes to blow into. Then proceeds to make his way around the room with the machine. He gets to this girl and she blows into the breathalyzer and the thing beeps like crazy. He goes "come with me" and they go right outside the door to have a little talk. When that door closes the whole room lights up with chatter, FUCKING HILLARIOUS! The door has a window too so you could see this guy just talking to her, like totally saying you're fucked. After about 5 minutes she comes back in grabs her stuff and leaves. It really brightened my day.

I'm pretty sure, if you get breathalzyed and blow anything, AT A FUCKING ASAP FACILITY, you're a fucking moron. I am also pretty sure that they can (AND WILL) slap you with another alcohol charge for that little mishap.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: April 01, 2011 06:03PM

@fatboyx

that is FUCKING HILARIOUS!!

Posted by: what an idiot ()
Date: April 01, 2011 07:26PM

Sucks to be her!! Wonder what she was doing in the bathroom, drinking or puking...? hmm

Common sense isnt so common anymore...

Posted by: That is so sad ()
Date: April 01, 2011 08:08PM

I am sad she got busted. Poor chick. She should have signed up for a Tuesday class.

Posted by: johny ()
Date: April 04, 2011 10:37AM

I have 2 more classes of asap left. i was recently arrested for a drunk in public in another jurisdiction....will they find out and what most likely will happen when i go back to court?

Posted by: redskin ()
Date: April 23, 2011 11:20PM

quit breaking the law asshole.(liar liar)

Posted by: Oliver ()
Date: April 24, 2011 11:49AM

Fatboyx did you take ASAP for DUI or some other charge?

Posted by: Ask Jordon ()
Date: April 24, 2011 09:42PM

He can show you the way.

Posted by: capsfan2327 ()
Date: April 24, 2011 11:53PM

For your initial VASAP assessment do you meet with your probation officer to go through your alcohol history and everything or is that with a random counselor? Do they already know your criminal history, for example, if I got a ticket like 5 years ago for fighting would I have to report this to my ASAP counselor or could I get away with not bringing it up?

Posted by: fairfax t2011 ()
Date: June 09, 2011 06:42PM

I am in VA ASAP program. My charges were reduced to reckless with ASAP and had to do only 1 AA class which I already attended.

There are no drugs involved. I am scheduled for a vacation to Italy in August which is after the class but still within six months ( restriced license). Do I need to notify my PO even though I haven't talked to him at all during all this time.

Can they call me after the class just to test alcohol?

Thanks

Probation Monitoring
Posted by: jimmer ()
Date: June 13, 2011 03:55AM

I recently got a public intoxication in another state with about 4 months left. Does anyone know if VASAP is checking other states for records or not?

Re: Probation Monitoring
Posted by: Ut videam ()
Date: June 13, 2011 08:54PM

jimmer Wrote:
> I recently got a public intoxication in another
> state with about 4 months left. Does anyone know
> if VASAP is checking other states for records or
> not?

Don't know—but here's hoping, jackass!

Posted by: Yas ()
Date: June 29, 2011 07:35PM

i got DUI in 8 months ago and they send to the ASAP classes and i didn't go to register and know the sent me mail with court date do i might go to the jail ? and what will going on in the court and do i need an attorney with me ??

Posted by: Whut? ()
Date: June 29, 2011 07:56PM

Um, are you a fetal-alcohol baby? You write like one.

Posted by: deezy ()
Date: August 16, 2011 12:14PM

I missed one class and have 4 left. I never got a letter from my teacher or my PO about missing the class. I am beginning to think that he didn't realize i wasn't there and never reported my miss to my po. Should I say anything or hope i got lucky?

Posted by: Temperance1 ()
Date: August 16, 2011 07:18PM

All odds for being lucky point to the ((NO!)) They keep good records. Suggest that you contact your PO about something mundane to test the waters and devise a pre-thought excuse just, in case. Missing a class is NOT easily forgiven in their beauracratic haze. Good luck and DON'T miss any more classes. You already messed up with your DUI conviction... and VASAP don't mess around. They are paid to, and expect you to- fail. Complete the program within ALL of their guidelines that you were given. A DUI these days is serious... kills your financial credit and closes many doors for future employment for a long time!

Posted by: deezy ()
Date: August 17, 2011 09:24AM

Thanks Temperance1,

I actually contacted my PO before missing the class or before my classes even started becuase I knew i would not be able to make it that particular week. She told me that the instructor would notify her and that i would receive a letter. None of those have happened. I am planning on calling her again to test the waters and find out if she knows I missed one without actually telling her outright. I'll post back with my findings.

Posted by: chump crusher ()
Date: August 17, 2011 06:45PM

I just love this forum, loads of chumps with DWI's all trying to find out how to beat the system. Deal with it chumps!!

Posted by: jj1 ()
Date: August 19, 2011 08:51AM

what happens if you miss your initial intake interview?

Posted by: you're fucked ()
Date: August 19, 2011 09:28AM

"what happens if you miss your initial intake interview?"

Bench warrant and re appear in court or jail

Re: ASAP class
Date: August 19, 2011 01:02PM

Seriously? Will the bench warrant be issued the same day?

Date: August 19, 2011 02:27PM

It will appear once it gets processed in the court system, you should get the warrant by mail, I would probably try to be proactive and contact vasap.

Date: August 19, 2011 02:39PM

thanks for advice you're f*****
you rock .

Posted by: klh ()
Date: August 28, 2011 02:22PM

I know someone that has his VASAP orientation on wednesday and its over a posession charge. Its his first offence. He smoked regularly until thursday. Hes been taking cleansing pills since then but has not been able to drink the amount of water told to drink bc it makes him sick and he would not be able to work then. My question is will they test at orientation and if so what will happen if it show up dirty?

Date: August 28, 2011 02:53PM

To get the answer

call (703) 246-2727

ask for Fred Nixon, call him an asshole, hang up repeat again.

Fred Nixon is fucking ass fucker asshole

Posted by: Stephen J ()
Date: September 14, 2011 11:07PM

Starting my first class September 19th, I hope to God that it is VASAP and not ADS if its ADS that would suck. I plan on passing all the tests, does anyone know how often they are?

Pages: 123AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 3

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.