HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Make sure your green county sticker is on the car
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: November 16, 2005 06:41AM

per http://www.co.fairfax.va.us/dta/vehicle_decals.htm, displaying red will get you the red and blue.

I usually hold off on putting my sticker in the window in case someone decides to throw a rock and take mine rather than pay the tax. Don't forget to display yours if you put it off.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Make sure your green county sticker is on the car
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: November 18, 2005 09:39AM

im tired of green county telling fairfax county what to do. i say we burn their county to the ground. :)

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: SRE ()
Date: November 18, 2005 01:07PM

Didn't you mean Greene county? Never speed through ruckersville....

Bad cop, no donut!

Posted by: Rosamunde ()
Date: November 20, 2005 10:19AM

you guys are funnnyyyyyyyyyyy

but is it rue you have to display the sticker in the middle??? I put mine on left side of windshield, it was there last year.. ...I am new (1 year) from NJ and love Fairfax and all VA
thanks for answer Rosamunde

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: November 20, 2005 11:54AM

I don't know what the law is, but from the Fairfax County Web site:

"Police and/or sheriff departments from Alexandria City, Fairfax City, Falls Church City, Manassas City, Arlington County, Fairfax County, Loudoun County, Prince William County, Town of Herndon, and the town of Middleburg participate in a region-wide enforcement effort commencing on Monday, Nov. 22. Decals should be affixed next to the state safety inspection sticker. Decals from prior years should be removed before affixing the current one. Motorcycle decals should be affixed to the bike’s fork next to the state safety inspection sticker. "

Date: November 20, 2005 12:01PM

pgens thanks very much for below/above important info.

>>>commencing on Monday, Nov. 22. Decals should be affixed next to the state safety inspection sticker. Decals from prior years should be removed before affixing the current one<<<

so what do I do now, how do I correct my mistake????. I put the decal on same place as last year, do not remember who put that on my car first time being here in Fairfax, VA. Place of decal now is on left side of windshield. --state safety inspection sticker is as should in the middle of windshield.

thanks again for answer
Rosi

Date: November 20, 2005 01:04PM

> Decals should be affixed next to the state safety inspection sticker

i guess you should find out if the safety inspection must be in the middle.

> so what do I do now, how do I correct my mistake?

move both stickers to the middle of coarse. :)

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: November 20, 2005 01:11PM

Thanks will do, try.. hope it works... they are sticking on with glue I think?....
my Inspection-sticker is in the middle.

Rosi

Posted by: Jim ()
Date: November 20, 2005 04:05PM

If people would take the time to read the directions on the rear of the sticker it actually says that it should be placed to the right of the state inspection sticker.

Rosamunde, don't be surprised if you get stopped since it may be more difficult to see the sticker if it is placed anywhere other than the middle of the windshield next to the yellow state inspection sticker.

Date: November 22, 2005 06:48AM

Jim wrote>>>> If people would take the time to read the directions on the rear of the sticker it actually says that it should be placed to the right of the state inspection sticker.
Rosamunde, don't be surprised if you get stopped since it may be more difficult to see the sticker if it is placed anywhere other than the middle of the windshield next to the yellow state inspection sticker.<<<<<<<<<<

Thanks Jim, you are correct I did not read the directions on the rear of sticker, just placed it where it was all last year.
Will put it into the middle. I do not want to be stopped for minor thing like that.
thanks all of you advising me!!!!appreciate.
Rosi the almost new girl in town.

Posted by: PaperPusher ()
Date: November 22, 2005 10:18AM

if you take the old sticker back to the county, they'll send you a new one.

the purpose of the county sticker is so that the county knows how to locate you to send you a tax bill.

Posted by: Ted Schlamme ()
Date: November 22, 2005 11:06AM

I can't believe our police are so fucking stupid and half-asleep here that they would feel compelled to give a ticket if you still display the red, as well as the green.

Does the "spirit of the law" mean nothing now? The spirit of that law is to get you to display the current sticker, and if you are, nothing else should matter. Luckily I am not naive enough to hope our cops think this way, I know they don't think at all. They just react.

And as for placing it on a place other than dead center on the windshield, same thought applies: every time I have been busted for stickers not being there, cops were waiting at places of congestion or other spots where people are forced to slow to 25 mph or less. Those fucking dopes can't clearly tell it's affixed at that speed and MUST be able to see it dead center? Retards. All the cops in this area are mentally retarded and hopeless.

Date: November 22, 2005 01:03PM

yeah... the "spirit of the law" was killed when they became cops. hell, the psyche profile is the same as criminals, they just want to take your money.

Posted by: Jamie ()
Date: November 22, 2005 05:10PM

Gravis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yeah... the "spirit of the law" was killed when
> they became cops. hell, the psyche profile is the
> same as criminals, they just want to take your
> money.
>

Thats what they want Gravis, because last I checked Fairfax County Police work on a commission basis.

Posted by: Death is a Tax ()
Date: November 22, 2005 05:54PM

Preach on brother, preach on

d3m c0pZ IS CrooKEd

Posted by: Jerry Con-unmanly Zombie Thread ()
Date: December 01, 2012 03:18PM

Remember the good old days when personal property tax compliance was enforced? Pepperidge Farm remembers... Take a look at your neighborhood in 2012. How many of your "Diverse" neighbors now drive luxury cars with out-of-state license plates or leased vehicles registered to the leasing company so they don't have to pay? Baa Baa Baa pay up, Liberal leaning Sheeple.

Posted by: huh ()
Date: December 01, 2012 05:06PM

what sticker

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.