HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fairfax County Pkwy Median
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: May 25, 2012 12:40PM

if youve driven the Parkway around Fair Lakes you know about the coonstruction. Was there last night and saw they had scraped up the grass in the median around and under 66 and are putting in and extra lane on each side.
What I want to know is why cant this be done on the whole damn parkway?
Would anybody be against losing the grass?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fairfax County Pkwy Median
Posted by: Hay Zeus ()
Date: May 25, 2012 12:42PM

because the grass is home to the endagered Blue Deer Tick

Posted by: jim143 ()
Date: May 25, 2012 02:46PM

Interesting to see what they would do between Hooes and Lee Chapel but yeah, I'd like to see at least 6 lanes from Ft. Belvoir to 7.

Posted by: Rute Boye ()
Date: May 25, 2012 05:29PM

The entire Fairfax County Parkway is a four lane road constructed on enough right-of-way for six lanes. Ultimately the parkway will be widened to six lanes with a Jersey barrier down the median and a closed drainage system (instead of the grassy swale in the median). But this will be tremendously expensive and isn't going to happen anytime soon. And forget HOV lanes or toll lanes until every intersection is eliminated and the whole road is made into a limited access freeway. For now, the most you'll see are spot widenings, like NB FCPW between Braddock Road and Lee Highway,

Posted by: FFX mucky ()
Date: May 25, 2012 05:34PM

I just want the stop light at Popes Head removed. No need for that light to accomadate a few cars a day. They can enter either by stop sign or go up to Braddock Rd entrance or south to Burke Centre Pkwy entrance. But stop making me wait I am just that important.

Posted by: Hay Zeus ()
Date: May 25, 2012 06:13PM

Fuck, just make them U turn a 1/4 mile down the road each way. That would still be quicker then waiting at the late (if on popes head)

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.