HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Incident at Carl Sandburg Middle School, 5/19/2012
Posted by: 2concerned ()
Date: May 21, 2012 11:48PM

On 5/19/2012, during an extra-curricular event at Carl Sandberg in Fairfax County, VA, I witnessed this gentleman in the parking lot of the school.

At first, I didn’t pay attention – he was engaging other people. But, when I came back outside, he was slowly “cruising” the parking, playing Reggae at very high volume. At one point, he stopped, got out, and danced for me while I filmed.

Back in his car, he resumed cruising, taking breaks to do what I’ll describe as “low-speed donuts” in the more crowded sections of the lot. At one point, he stopped again, and informed me that I “would not infringe his right to worship Jesus”, though I don’t believe I’d tried before then.

I called 911, and kept an eye until Police responded. Police interviewed him, determined that he did not pose a threat, but directed him to park his vehicle, and keep the music volume down.

Later, during the finale of the event, this man danced on stage to join a performing Drum Corps, danced with the professional performers, then danced off the stage. The county officials that he passed had all assumed that he was part of the even – I was one of three adults that took notice, alerted staff, and “kept an eye” until he was safely away from the children. I was not able to film this event – my batteries were spent in the parking lot, but it occurred in front of hundreds of witnesses.

Still later, he identified me in the auditorium as the person who had “called the Police.” That is why, upon leaving, and seeing him rolling toward me slowly in the parking lot, my concern was for my own child.

It only later occurred to me: The man had told both the Police and the Fairfax County staff that he had a child in the performance. If this is the case, I would reason that he was the only guardian adult for that child. I called the non-emergency number on Saturday night, but because he had been “cleared” by Police, and the incident had not been reported by County officials, there was nothing he could do. Unable to even call, to see if they were okay, I asked if he could forward it to Social Services, or some similar Department. “No,” he said. “Could I?”, I asked. “Yes, but they won’t be able to do anything, either.”

“Thanks for calling and have a pleasant evening…”

I DO NOT KNOW if this person was having a drug interaction, a medical emergency, or some other issue, but I won’t be able to rest until I know that he and the child are okay, or being looked after.

I do not want to cause anyone embarrassment. I spent quite a while deciding what to do, and I hope the individuals involved will understand and appreciate my concern for their child.

I realize that my concern seems to be an “outlier” here, but I only hope that you’ll find my judgement regarding - and handling of - this matter to be reasonable.

THANKS!

So far, I have contacted, or attempted to contact the FCPS Superintendent, the Police, and a host of others. I've gotten one reply, from the Superintendent's office that told me the matter was being "handed off", with no promise to contact me at all, or confirm that the incident was being investigated.
Attachments:
HaveYouSeen.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Incident at Carl Sandburg Middle School, 5/19/2012
Posted by: icumoncop ()
Date: May 21, 2012 11:53PM

damn i would give it to that hoe hard! i bet blackie was thinking the same thing

edit by Cary: (USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
This troll post came from a proxy server hosted at reliablehosting.com. History of abuse. All reliablehosting.com servers have been banned from posting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2012 02:20AM by Cary.

Date: May 22, 2012 02:19PM

This person has been identified. He did, in fact, have reason to be at the school.

I'll probably never know what happened... it was clear that he was distressed in some way, but my deeper worries have been resolved.

The incident is being reviewed by Fairfax. It's my hope that if there wasn't a policy to prevent something like this from happening, or at least to report it, that there will be, by the time the review is conducted. Having two children in FCPS and SACC, I do intend to see the matter through, but policy review does take time.

My thanks to those who provided intelligent replies, and helped this matter receive the attention that I felt it needed.

Posted by: Parental Opinion ()
Date: May 22, 2012 02:22PM

Why is "the incident" being investigated and by whom and who instigated the investigation?

A dad is at his daughter's school and acting happy.

Yeah, he's a DANGER!

Crap.

Posted by: JBass ()
Date: May 22, 2012 02:28PM

I would think if he actually had a kid at the school we would have heard about this on the news..... beings that the kid would have literally died of embarrassment after their dad danced in the parking lot and on stage.

Date: May 22, 2012 02:45PM

I don't intend to cause this person further embarrassment... I'm going to assume that it was an OTC interaction, myself.

Any questions probably should (and I wish you would) be directed toward the Principal at Sandburg, Mr. Terrence Yarborough. His initial evaluation seems to have concluded that this was a "non-event", but having the company of other alarmed parents at the foot of the stage tells me that I am not alone in my concern.

As I searched for help to identify this person, I reached out to most of the local news outlets, but I found only disinterest. I find this distressing - yet darkly humorous - just months after they came from all directions to investigate the report of a small child who "saw a guy in a pickup truck" at our local Elementary.

With the urgency (worry for the child, and him) resolved, the matter will need to be reviewed, and I strongly feel that it should result in the creation of a policy which would prevent something like this, or at least result in it being reported, in the future. On the other hand, if existing policies were breached, I would hope for a different result.

Thank You, Again.

Date: May 22, 2012 02:47PM

Translation:

"I got bent out of shape because some innocent dad wasn't behaving like I'd want him to behave but everyone else officialll involved with anything at all thought there wasn't anything interesting about him.

And he was black, too"

Date: May 22, 2012 02:56PM

BTW, among the news outlets that didn't feel that this was worth mentioning:

Channel 7
Channel 4
Fox News
WTOP

As a parent, I'm left to wonder why they think that I watch the news :-)

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: May 22, 2012 02:58PM

forgot the black guy, who's the hot cop?

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: May 22, 2012 03:00PM

Parental Opinion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Translation:
>
> "I got bent out of shape because some innocent dad
> wasn't behaving like I'd want him to behave but
> everyone else officialll involved with anything at
> all thought there wasn't anything interesting
> about him.
>
> And he was black, too"

Yeah this is pretty much my conclusion. He was dancing and that translates to an endangered child? I'm not sure what has programmed people to be so concerned when someone plays music, enough that they call the police, call the school, demand they be contacted with updates, demand social services be involved. Sounds like the authorities are humoring the poster. I guess seeing a black guy who is dressed well and driving a nice SUV is suspicious to people.

This guy was literally reported to police for "dancing while black." "Enjoying music while black." At an event with a drum corps. Someone needs to get a grip, get help for their paranoia, and stop harassing people by taking video of them to the point your phone/camera/whatever has batteries die.

Date: May 22, 2012 03:00PM

Honest question.

Can you please outline the key elements that should be incorporated into the policy you seek?

Date: May 22, 2012 03:02PM

Wait, are you trying to tell me this guy was "DWB in a HPS"? (Dancing while black in a helicopter parent school?

Well that explains it, he shoulda known better.

Date: May 22, 2012 03:12PM

Again, I won't go further into the details, though I'm curious what particular brand of racism causes some of you to assume that I'm not black.

Details can be had from anyone who was there, or from the Principal, or from Christine Donohue (Chief of Staff, FCPS), who will tell you that it's SACC's problem (I've yet to hear from anyone on staff there) or you can keep inventing them at your own convenience.

As for the policy:

Handling the parking lot vs. the building as two separate incidents, since the staff would have no way to know what transpired in the parking lot...

There was an unknown (to everyone in the SACC program who was near the stage) person who inserted themselves into a large group of children, causing three different Fathers enough concern to get up and move to the front of the auditorium.

My thinking is that a case like that should have a report filed. At the very least. Otherwise "two separate incidents" have no way to be tied together. We subject ourselves to strip searches at the airport for commuter flights, but we'll make no effort to keep adults from child-packed areas where they have no reason to be?

You might think that my concerns are for naught. That's why (I would hope) tapes will be collected and reviewed. The situation is nearly impossible to "describe" with accuracy.

I never indicated that this person was outwardly hostile. In fact, before the Police, the only outward "aggression" seemed to have a religious focus. Otherwise, yes, he was very happy -- the very definition of erratic. The Police were called not because of his "behavior", but because of the manner in which he was operating a motor vehicle in a busy school parking lot.

My thanks to JBass for the intelligent question. They're often a rarity here.

Date: May 22, 2012 03:36PM

JBass:

I’m continuing to ponder your question, and come up with my own distilled answer.

Could I actually ask you for ideas?

If:
- Someone in the parking lot had troubled you enough to call Police
- That person then surprised you by popping up among a large group of dancing children (including your own)
- The staff thought he was part of the show
- Two other fathers were with you, expressing concern, and convincing the Staff that this “wasn’t on the program”
- 200 parents are filming, and the only clue that something is amiss is that he’s wearing jeans, and has keys swinging at the hip…

Obviously a policy would need to be even-handed, and hopefully not an onerous burden on staff, but without filing any sort of report, for example, would there be any way to know about a pattern of odd incidents, as local schools are probed? Or how about an estranged spouse… incidents like this would SURELY be documentation in domestic situations.

Then, a jump to “terrorism” might sound irrational, but for every precaution I myself take - whether it’s driving, flying, or just crossing the street - I apply twice as much to my children. How many times have I removed my shoes and had them scanned for the sake of one idiot that would’ve most likely failed, had he been given a Bic?

Helicopter? Not really… in fact, had I not been outside while my kids were preparing, I certainly would’ve been among the other parents, filming the show, never suspecting anything unusual. Because of the improvisational talents of the performers, he was integrated into the show almost seamlessly.

Date: May 22, 2012 03:40PM

2concerned Wrote:
> I'm curious what particular brand of racism causes
> some of you to assume that I'm not black.

!!!

I haven't read anything that assumed anything about you w.r.t. skin color.

===========

A guy is dancing - later on he's on stage...dancing? He OUTRIGHT mentions the stupidity of someone calling the police on him. ALL the authorities - every one of them, says there's nothing going on here.

Yet the OP thinks it isn't the OP that's the problem.

Posted by: Bill Gannon ()
Date: May 22, 2012 03:46PM

Should have given him a ticket and let him dance in front of a judge. See how amused the judge would be by this guys "talents"

Date: May 22, 2012 03:53PM

Well, from what I remember of school in FCPS, the mere act of THINKING about driving eratically would get you in a heap of trouble.

If this guy upsets you, take a look at the 'Piggyback Bandit' out of the Northwest.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46412234/ns/us_news-weird_news/#.Tz0qx1wV3js

I would think there are laws on the books that they could have charged him with if they felt so inclined. Disorderly conduct, trespassing, (even if he was originally okay to be at the school, he clearly did not belong on stage at that time. I read an article about a father who got on his daughters schoolbus and was charged with 'Disturbing a school function'. Now I dont know if the school function charge is on the books here in Va. but the point is that the police can generally find something to get almost anybody, if they want to.

With that said, I dont support that type of tactic by the police BUT the schools on the otherhand can track, log and monitor all types of things that the police cant/wont. It wouldnt be too hard to create a database of non-students who have had cause to be questioned by the authorities. Ultimately, at face value, this guy had NO reason to be on the stage. I would have been irked. Its not like it was another student pulling a senior prank (Which would have gotten the student suspended FOR SURE). Its a grown man causing a disturbance at a childrens event. Odd for sure.

Posted by: the OP was right to call ()
Date: May 22, 2012 03:56PM

If this person hadnt called the police and something more serious happened you would be calling them stupid. The OP did the right thing. If the guy wants to run around and act the fool go ahead. You start running a car around a crowded parking lot of kids you get what is coming to you.

You want to drive onto the lot and park your car no big deal, you want to start doing donuts around a bunch of kids shame on you with a ticket at the least. You hit my kid you better start making tracks and hope the po po get to you before I do.

Date: May 22, 2012 04:08PM

Thanks so much, to those that understand. Honestly, I'd been losing sleep all weekend -- really, from the very outset, all I wanted to do was hear that someone knew who this person was, and that he and the child were okay. Or even just that the child was at school. My second worst fear (behind harm to the child) was that he might not have had a child there, at all.

I've gotten "unofficial" support for my action from "a" Teacher's Union, as well. Yes, I feared being an "alarmist", but I'd rather suffer some embarrassment when someone who knows the entire story calls me that, than to regret doing nothing, later.

I can't possibly describe the frustration I felt in that moment. With only his lack of "costume" to give him away, and parents continuing to "roll tape", the moment was almost surreal - as if I was stuck in a horrible movie.

Again, for those that "get it", Thank You. I know many never will.

Date: May 22, 2012 04:42PM

JBass: I just looped back and read your article. That one really chills my spine.

If everyone just assumes that someone else is going to take notice, or do something, nothing ever happens. I wonder how many people have sat in the dark for days, assuming that "the power company was working on it", because surely, somebody else called them.

From what I saw, I was one of only three that really put things together, and for the first moments, even I thought he was part of the show. It was only because I'd heard him tell the police that he was there with his child that I even realized what I was seeing. As soon as that "clicked", I ran to the front, by way of the hall that runs along the side of the auditorium. When I arrived, there were already two other parents, frantically trying to explain the situation to staff.

For others: I've done nothing cowardly or craven, here. I watched his maneuvers in the parking lot after I'd called Police, and I stayed until they arrived, made certain that they knew he hadn't directly threatened anyone. Wen asked me to stop filming, I did. That's why he easily identified me in the auditorium, later -- I honestly couldn't tell whether he was angry or amused at that point. Before I'd even called the Police, I asked him, directly, whether he was "okay." He turned up the music, rolled up his window, and continue rolling by, at a very low speed....

I tried to find more subtle ways to resolve this. I was forced to wait through the weekend before people returned to their offices on Monday, literally losing sleep the entire time, and frustrated that I had his license plate, but the Police were apparently prevented, by their own policies, from even giving him a call. In the end, I did what I felt I must.

I don't think I would've posted anything here, though, had I realized that I couldn't delete the article later. I've been around "FairfaxUnderground" before... while it's a great source of information, it often leaves me feeling as though I should be wearing gloves to touch the keyboard.

It would be difficult to over-exaggerate my appreciation for the other parents who understand my concern. Unfortunately, I might need their support, should the review of this continue to find that it was a "non-incident."

Date: May 22, 2012 04:47PM

This entire thread reads like the "dog murdering vet" thread and the "creepy guy looking like a molester" thread.

A guy with a legitimate reason for being there is at the school, all the authorities say he's fine, ONE out-of-bounds panicking observer posts the guy is doing "slow donuts" (???) and others jump onto the thread as if the guy's a molester murdering kids by plowing them down with a huge SUV while laying down rubber with squealing tires.

BTW - I really don't know what a "slow donut" is - really, I don't.

Date: May 22, 2012 04:53PM

And you "read" like you're barely literate, PO. We all have our charms.

Heheh... had to see what the muck felt like.

Yuck.

Date: May 22, 2012 04:57PM

2concerned Wrote:
> And you "read" like you're barely literate, PO.
> We all have our charms.
>
> Heheh... had to see what the muck felt like.
>
> Yuck.

And you read, literally, like a real flake, no kidding:

>>> "...Unfortunately, I might need their support, should the review of this
>>> continue to find that it was a "non-incident."

Posted by: other parent ()
Date: May 22, 2012 05:08PM

Parental Opinion Wrote:
> This entire thread reads like the "dog murdering
> vet" thread and the "creepy guy looking like a
> molester" thread.
>
> A guy with a legitimate reason for being there is
> at the school, all the authorities say he's fine,
> ONE out-of-bounds panicking observer posts the guy
> is doing "slow donuts" (???) and others jump onto
> the thread as if the guy's a molester murdering
> kids by plowing them down with a huge SUV while
> laying down rubber with squealing tires.
>
> BTW - I really don't know what a "slow donut" is -
> really, I don't.

And you are viewing the actions of the OP through hindsight. What you are claiming was innocent fun was not known by the OP until the police showed up. I would find some guy doing donuts in a school parking lot strange. Kids run around the school all the time not looking where they are going. A school parking lot requires your attention not to be some horses ass driving around in circles.

I would find a grown man jumping up into a class show strange as well. The police constantly tell you to call if you see anything unusual or suspicious. I think this guy qualifies.

Date: May 22, 2012 05:10PM

See... you're proving it again, PO.

When you combine that quote with the first part of the sentence, the CONTEXT changes. I'll give you a moment to look that up.

Now... if you're with me:

You were specifically excluded, by that sentence.

See... literacy. It's hard to overhype.

Date: May 22, 2012 05:18PM

the OP was right to call Wrote:
> If this person hadnt called the police and
> something more serious happened you would be
> calling them stupid. The OP did the right thing.

OH SPARE US. The OP called the police because she saw something suspicious. That was a fine and responsible thing to do. The police came and determined he wasn't a threat, even LET HIM INTO THE SCHOOL. The situation was fully resolved at this point.

The crazy comes in what followed, demanding authorities continue to investigate, demanded involvement of child protective services (?!) and demanded followup communications.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: May 22, 2012 05:29PM

@just - I missed the whole "demanding" part of this. Point that out to me if I missed that - thanks

@OP - I was gonna rip u a new one at first.............but in all of this you've actually keep a level head on yr view of all this and you've said over and over again you didnt want to cause this dude any embarrassment so I gotcha - you arent trying to get the guy arrested you just want to know everythings kosher, right?

@anti-OP ppl - it's not the same as the Crosspointe Creeper - you know why? Cause OP aint trying to rip this dude a new one AFTER police have said he's cool. OP just wants school system to check over how this was handled. No biggie, really. May just help in case of an actual serious situation, y'know?

p.s. FCPD has some HOTTIES, yo!!! Officer Honey here aint the only one, either!

Posted by: Ladies and Gentlmen... ()
Date: May 22, 2012 05:38PM

You have just entered the "NO FUN ZONE"...
Attachments:
llabieshaveenteredthenofunzone-vi.jpg

Posted by: P7eGd ()
Date: May 22, 2012 05:43PM

I think I saw his uncle demonstrating Kung Fu in a film in Dumfries.

Posted by: Benjamin Sisko ()
Date: May 22, 2012 05:45PM

He looks like Captain Benjamin Sisko from Deepspace 9. I always wondered what happened to him.
Attachments:
Benjamin_ca5da3_217089.gif

Posted by: August West ()
Date: May 22, 2012 06:30PM

Best quote so far: "Otherwise, yes, he was very happy- the very definition of erratic."

Date: May 22, 2012 06:44PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> @just - I missed the whole "demanding" part of
> this. Point that out to me if I missed that -
> thanks

No problem... first we consult Webster's.

demand
1. to ask for with proper authority; claim as a right
2. to ask for peremptorily or urgently
3. to call for or require as just, proper, or necessary

Requesting once and being told no and accepting the answer from the authorities is asking. Requesting over and over again, calling many different people, is demanding (see definition 2).

She called 911. Later she called police non-emergency number. Then the FCPS Superintendent, then again the police, and what the OP describes as "a host of others".

The OP wanted promises of followup ("the Superintendent's office...no promise to contact me at all, or confirm that the incident was being investigated.") (see definitions 1 and 3)

Call it what you want, but she fits the definition of demanding communications.

Posted by: The name is accurate ()
Date: May 22, 2012 06:57PM

2concerned is, in fact, too concerned. Good for you for bringing your concerns to the school and police. A good move! They followed up and the police and principal checked it out and let the guy into the school. Sounds like determined he was okay to be there.

You then called channels 4, 5, & 7 and WTOP radio and they all decided there was no story here. Sounds like even Pat Collin passed this up. You know what? It sounds like there is no story here. Of course, this could be a huge conspiracy involving FCPS administrators, FCPD, the local TV media, and the local radio media.

Keep posting just a little information about this and that related to this "incident" and claim you are doing so to avoid embarrassing anyone. Good move to keep the grassy knoll folks salivating to to keep the real story for being told. There’s got to be a conspiracy somewhere.

Date: May 22, 2012 07:03PM

Have you ever had a moment when you're so full of self-doubt, that you have to know?

I'd really wanted to let the process work. I'd truly like nothing more than to remove this post.

But, it's out there.

And I need to know whether I'm sane or not.

I submitted it to Fark.

Date: May 22, 2012 07:04PM

I mean... how can I possibly see this so differently than you folks?

Especially those with kids???

Date: May 22, 2012 07:10PM

@just - i guess you can see it that way. I see it more as requesting really........... but then again I dont know "how" it was done, y'know?

Date: May 22, 2012 07:18PM

Honey, you were there.

We're just responding to your cryptic posts trying to determine if you are a fearful, demanding possibly racist SUV driving member of the momfia or a troll.

Date: May 22, 2012 07:20PM

@2 - most of these ppl are just jerkin yr chain - 10th graders and the like - dont sweat it. You made the right call, ok? If you have a true, actual concern about a child, you stop EVERYTHING YOU ARE F**KING DOING and make sure that kid is ok. Anybody who dont do that needs a foot up their ass.

We can debate all day, all nite about judgement calls, who decides what is "scary", etc. But as long as you know that this whole incident was a no big deal situation at this point, then your cool.

p.s staying on this thread and responding to yr criticizers is NOT going to help you regain any sanity, trust me :)

pic unrelated
Attachments:
danicng suit cat.gif

Date: May 22, 2012 07:22PM

I've just been convinced that it's unlikely that anyone is going to come up with the right answer, unless I push.

So, I'm applying more pressure.

If I'm right, it's my only choice.

If I'm wrong, I'll live with it.

When I'm thinking about MY kids, I don't compromise.

Date: May 22, 2012 07:25PM

You were fine by notifying school personnel.

Everything you've done since is for attention and to fill a deep void of some kind.

It's OK, all the neighbors and Gordon Blvd. know you are a great mother.

Date: May 22, 2012 07:34PM

No... my argument is that the "normalcy bias" is worse than I thought.

Everything was fine this time... maybe it will be next time. I don't find something like this, going completely unreported, to be acceptable.

As far as I'm concerned, my children were involved.

Twice, in one day, I had reason to be concerned for the safety of my Daughter... another for my son, too, who played at Hollin Meadows on Saturday with the field gates chained shut. I'm the only person who's concerned about that, too -- the Fire Marshall wouldn't roll to look from 1 mile away! Either I'm nuts, or these are easily avoidable dangers that wouldn't cost much to fix.

Again, if I'm wrong, then nothing should change. But, I need to know that this has gotten attention, and that I don't have to BECOME a "helicopter parent."

Posted by: This Smells... ()
Date: May 22, 2012 07:35PM

Am I the only one who thinks this is a troll thread? No one talks like this, and no one acts like this.

Posted by: Helper ()
Date: May 22, 2012 07:35PM

2concerned....I'm wondering if you've considered another explanation, ie, that perhaps you're experiencing some PTSD issues. Hypervigilance is a common outcome. I encourage to consider speaking to a professional if PTSD is a possibility, given whatever your history may be. Get some rest....I wish you well.

Date: May 22, 2012 07:40PM

@August - I dunno if she's a good mom for all I know she's the lady I watched that was tailgating on 28 with her kid in the front seat almost slammed into traffic at Compton a cpl hrs ago........

@I lied I think yr a good mom LoLz (or dad I dunno really wasnt paying that much attention)

Anywho like I said as long as yr focused on the POLICY of how/what when down and not the dude and whatever the f**k it was he was doing (man, that was kinda creepy, wasnt it) then yeah, yr sane.

Posted by: Helicopter Pinhead ()
Date: May 22, 2012 07:47PM

Everyone chill the fuck out..GordonBlvd is handling this.

Date: May 22, 2012 08:49PM

I'll try to make this my last post on the topic, unless I can get some "traction." It would be quite easy to just be quiet now, and let this die down.

Unfortunately, I can't rest that way. In recent years, I've seen armed guards patrolling schoolyards, looking for wayward smokers. But, when I call 911 from a school that's 2 (3?) miles from a station, and it takes 10 minutes for Police to arrive, I surmise that prevention is going to much more effective than hoping for a rescue.

As a couple of you have surmised, it's not about THIS incident any longer. It's about the next one. You can call me a troll, and there might even be some truth to the "hyper vigilance" idea... it seems that I'm constantly seeing dangers that others don't... but, yes, I do think about these things more than most. Until submitting my resignation last week, my family's bread was buttered by "cyber-security", and I'm actually working to design security related products now. Still, here in the real world, I suspect that Tom Ridge would approve of my concern :-)

In any event, I don't think that what happened, or how it was handled, indicate that the policies are sufficient - or maybe not enforced, I don't yet know.

I DO think it was, and is, the school's responsibility to notify parents that an "incident" occurred. It wasn't just me that thought so, and the staff led him away as soon as they were able. As I've said before, I want someone who is responsible for my children's safety to tell me that I cannot expect any better before I'll accept that. If that's the case, I would regrettably be forced to consider other options.

If/when any of the hundreds of other people present weigh in, I'll be far more likely to accept their judgement than that which I've received so far. As yet, I have no reason to think that the vast majority are aware, nor are they being told.

And no, I won't rest until I know that the policies are sufficient and enforced, or hopeless and nonredeemable. As yet, I haven't found anyone that's willing to review the matter from beginning to end and promise to keep me aprised. One of many question that I have is: do the Police even notify the school when there's an incident in the school's own parking lot?

The information would have to be shared one way (Police -> School) to protect the confidence of minors, but it strikes me as outrageous that I could be questioned, and maybe arrested in the parking lot, and none of the officials would even be notified. With more information, I believe the staff would have responded much differently. I don't think the "answer" needs to be drastic or unreasonable.

Date: May 22, 2012 09:13PM

I know others asked this but the more you write the less I understand... in thirty words or less, what specific thing must happen to satisfy in your mind that the situation has been properly dealt with? This man is arrested? Warning posters with his face go up at the school? A TV station conducts a full investigation?

And I think you should consider that your actions are having an effect that opposes your motives... you want issues resolved by the authorities, but by constantly bringing up the incident with the authorities you are taking their time away from issues they are facing at that time, all for an issue and a case they consider closed. Just sayin'.

You did well calling the police, your responsibility as a concerned citizen is fulfilled, perhaps surpassed as many would just try to avoid someone they thought was acting strangely.

But also consider people act "strangely" all the time. There aren't enough police resources to spend a week investigating every report of someone acting like they are on drugs in the opinion of the observer.

Date: May 22, 2012 09:17PM

Actually, that brings up another SNAFU...

If the police DID notify the school, and it's a SACC program, is it still a "whole different department" (paraphrasing Fred Ellis).

Truly, the responses I've recieved here have led me to believe that the readership would vote to drop the matter, now. Again, I appreciate the support of those who understand my position, and for those that don't, I hope you never have to.

A couple of incidents at public school events on the same day? Two or three "terrorists" could have a larger psychic impact than the towers... we'd probably never resume extra-curricular activities. I'm certain that I could begin pointing out "scary stuff" all around most of you, that hasn't been seen before now. Yes, I think of these things. In the case of my concern for the child, I simply "put it together" too late, but I'm sure I'd be in therapy for the rest of my life if I'd done nothing, and something happened later.

This has nothing to do with race, or gender -- a threat can come in any shape, and potential attackers aren't always stupid. It'll look just like something you see every day. Then, like after airplanes were hijacked, we'll find ourselves asking "why didn't we see this?" What about "probing defenses?" Had the same behavior occurred within a mile of the White House, he's still be talking his way out.

Perhaps those that don't see it should be grateful that some of us do. Or maybe I'm crazy. The jury is still out, as far as I'm concerned.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: May 22, 2012 09:22PM

You didn't used to post here under the username "Spunky" did you?

Date: May 22, 2012 09:26PM

No, I posted once under a different name, after a friend of a friend was killed. He was a bike, and it tore me up to see what they put him through.

Just once. If I could've wiped my "monitor's memory" after what I read, I would've.

Date: May 22, 2012 09:27PM

Sorry... "He was a biker, and it tore me up to see what they put her through."

She barely survived, and degenerates considered the whole thing to be laughing stock.

Date: May 22, 2012 09:31PM

This was the first response I received from anyone. It came at 11:26AM on Monday. I'd pretty much "gone nuts" pinging people by that point, just begging for someone's attention.

Nothing followed on Monday.

---------

Mr. XXX – I have sent your email off to our security staff, the principal and the cluster. They will look into the matter for you.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Chris Walsh Donohue
Chief of Staff
Superintendent's Office
Fairfax County Public Schools
8115 Gatehouse Road
Falls Church, VA 22042
Ph: 571-423-1010
Fax: 571-423-1007

Date: May 22, 2012 09:32PM

The next correspondence, from anyone, came at 9:35 this morning. By 1:00 or 2:00 yesterday, I'd resumed my "screaming."

------------

Mr. XXX,

I was asked to respond to your below email that was received on May 21, 2012. Your Facebook link was reviewed and the principal of Sandburg Middle School made an inquiry. Apparently, the event you referred to was a School Aged Child Care (SACC) event on Saturday, May 19. SACC is a program run by the Fairfax County government, not the Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS). FCPS’ role in the event was simply to provide the space.

Nonetheless, the information provided to the principal, Mr. Terrence Yarborough, indicates that the individual that concerned you was, in fact, a parent of a SACC child and his participation in the dancing was welcomed by the performers.

You noted that you contacted the Fairfax County Police Department because of your concerns and that they sent a police officer out. They, according to your information, did not find a cause for further action and departed.

If you have further questions, I would suggest you contact the SACC program, http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ofc/Sacc.htm or the Fairfax County Police Department at the Mount Vernon District Station.

Fred Ellis
Director, Office of Safety and Security
Fairfax County Public Schools
8115 Gatehouse Road
Suite 3674
Falls Church, VA 22042
Phone: 571-423-2010
FAX: 571-423-2017
fred.ellis@fcps.edu

Date: May 22, 2012 09:34PM

At first, Fred was pretty helpful. I'd started to become ashamed of myself. Then Fred stopped answering questions, I think.

But, I'd heard back from VA DOE, too. They passed it back to the county. I have yet to hear from Steven Kerr.

------------------

Mr. XXX:

Thank you for bringing this situation to the attention of the Virginia Department of Education. While we prefer that your concern be addressed at the local level, I have forwarded your e-mail, via copy, to Mr. Steven Kerr who serves as an employment investigator at Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS). He will evaluate your information and forward it as necessary to other FCPS staff.

His direct telephone number is (571) 423-3154. If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Tom

Thomas Broyles, Director
Business and Risk Management
Virginia Department of Education
P.O. Box 2120
Richmond, Va. 23218-2120
(804) 371-0028
thomas.broyles@doe.virginia.gov

Date: May 22, 2012 09:35PM

The email from DOE was at 10:29 this morning.

Fred stopped answering questions around 11:00.

Date: May 22, 2012 09:38PM

I spoke with Mr. Yarborough's office (Principal, Sandburg). He was too busy to speak, but I was assured that they'd confirmed that it was a parent.

I didn't ask many questions after that -- though there may not be an obligation to do some, I assumed that human decency had forced someone to crack, and actually check on the guy. In fact, I have no idea if that's the case.

Posted by: average joe ()
Date: May 22, 2012 09:40PM

You actually wasted my tax dollars reporting a dancing guy to the Virginia Department of Education? OMG, I can't believe this is a GUY spazzing out over this. I thought this had to be a lady but it is a dude.

Get a clue they stopped responding because there is no point in responding. At what point will you call the White House or the FBI?

Date: May 22, 2012 09:42PM

When a complete stranger, unknown to performers or staff, but with behavior that alarms multiple parents, pops up in the middle of a group that includes your kid, maybe, just maybe, you'll have clue.

I sincerely hope that you never do.

Date: May 22, 2012 09:47PM

If you thought your child was in imminent danger, why didn't you go remove the guy from the stage yourself? Why didn't you protect your child from harm if you felt that way? Why didn't the other parents you claim feel exactly as you do help you remove him as a group?

Date: May 22, 2012 09:48PM

Or grab up your kid and leave immediately if you thought your child would be hurt?

Date: May 22, 2012 09:49PM

Date: May 22, 2012 09:51PM

justsayin Wrote:
> I know others asked this but the more you write
> the less I understand... in thirty words or less,
> what specific thing must happen to satisfy in your
> mind that the situation has been properly dealt
> with? This man is arrested? Warning posters with
> his face go up at the school? A TV station
> conducts a full investigation?

OP, in all seriousness I am interested in your response to the above. What is the trigger that sets your mind at ease that all is okay?

Date: May 22, 2012 09:57PM

There were three males there, including myself, convincing staff as quickly as we could. To "rush" the guy would've at best, ruined the show for everyone. He really was a great dancer, and as I found out later, the music that the Corps was playing was native to his homeland. Only his costume "gave him away", and he'd walked right by a dozen people who never noticed that anything was out of place.

I cannot swear to this... the explanation, as I seemed to hear it from Mr. Yarborough's office, didn't make a lot of sense to me. I had been told by one person at that point that he was a parent, but when I pressed to find out how this was confirmed, I was directed to Mr. Yarborough's office. In the end, as I understand it, he had been dancing backstage, unnoticed. The reason I missed him even popping up, at first, was that he had already been there.

Really, this time it's fine. But, I think the other parents who's children were packed like sardines near the stage should be able to judge for themselves. If the consensus is that I'm nuts, I'll just hope to outlive the humiliation. If I'm right... well... I'm sure I won't be able to pursue this in anonymity -- I'd just like to warn my Wife first.

She's gonna kill me, but she's in Iowa right now with the kids. My Son's team rocked the Odyssey of the Mind State Championship, and they're doing the world finals, now!

Yeah... proud... genuine :-)

Date: May 22, 2012 10:17PM

"Or grab up your kid and leave immediately if you thought your child would be hurt?"

In fact, when my Daughter and I stepped onto the asphalt out front, I saw his Silver Toyota SUV, pretty close to the far end of the lot, begin to roll toward us slowly.

Please... I can't say this enough... the guy did nothing objectively threatening, but this was after

1) I called the Police, and had hung around long enough to be sure that he was okay, and that I wasn't needed for questions
2) he "popped up" once inside the auditorium, made some comment that I didn't quite get (I have a difficult time with deep accents) which included the word "Police"
3) he then surprised EVERYONE by popping up in the middle of the finale.

Truly, that's why I do insist, demand, whatever, that someone who understands basic safety, take a look at this scenario. It's different when looked at as individual pieces, but because of my own activity (sneaking a cigarette), I saw everything from an absolutely unique vantage point. If they look, and tell me that I'm paranoid, then I can either pack my kids off to public school, or seek counseling.

This has been one of the most difficult things I've ever done... I recently resigned, I'm trying to launch a company, and during the brief moment where I thought Fark was going to pick this up, I had no idea whether I was going to get a "Hero" or "Dumbass" tag.

My submitted headline was:
Local lunatic publicly flogged for attempting to... KEEP STRANGERS OUT OF OUR SCHOOLS?

I even asked George Takai what he thought. (He never answers, but it's soothing, somehow.)

Yeah, it might look like I'm an attention whore, but I'm beyond nervous right now. A lot of people have this on tape, and unless I'm entirely "off my nut", it's going to end up on the news. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle WTOP referring to me as a local lunatic after I disparaged them for not looking at the story.

Really, I have tapes... nobody has asked to see them. I'm the only one that saw a large portion of any of it, except for several people who I know he tried to convert.

Saturday was a really bizarre day for me. And the lack of sleep since then hasn't made the following ones much better.

Date: May 22, 2012 10:24PM

Sorry... lost my train of thought. As I said, I'm pretty tired.

Anyway, when we stepped onto the lot, he started rolling, and I told my Daughter: "I just unlocked the car. Don't look back, just go ahead, get in, and lock it."

Murphy could've told you what came next. She stops dead, turns around, and starts scanning to see what's going on.

But he kept rolling slowly, and I never looked back, because I was afraid to make eye contact -- I was just trying to watch the vehicle by way of reflections on other cars.

I realize that this was completely based on my own "fear" -- but none of it is "racist", since I'd feel the same about anyone who acted like that, life-long Fairfax resident, or otherwise. But, my fear did stop me for looking.

It wasn't until much later on Saturday that it clicked: there was a child somewhere, or there wasn't. Either answer could have some horrible implications, and perhaps sleep deprivation and my imagination have just been running free since then.

Again, I'd like an "expert opinion" before I decide what comes next.

Posted by: Priorities ()
Date: May 22, 2012 10:28PM

Seriously though ... who is the chick cop? If I do "slow donuts" will she show up??

Date: May 22, 2012 10:31PM

I can call her, if you'd really like me to :-)

Posted by: This is not a Joke! ()
Date: May 22, 2012 10:33PM

Seriously...ANY woman who can manage to look good in govt-issue pants is HOT!

But this was about a dancing dude, or something...

Posted by: Big Dog ()
Date: May 22, 2012 10:39PM

My guess is that the cop who was hot, after talking with the subject and found that he was not drunk or high so she didn't arrest him. Ran the subject thru NCIC and found that he was not wanted or a sex offender and told him to have a nice day and quit driving like a fool. I bet that she had to document the incident.

I guess we will start Id'ing subjects as they enter to make sure they are related to someone involved in the program. My guess is who ever was in charge of the event did not make a stink or you would have talked with them by now.

Date: May 22, 2012 10:41PM

I missed this (and I'm not accustomed to the "OP" thing):
"What is the trigger that sets your mind at ease that all is okay?"

I suppose that's vague. Most security is a compromise between safety, and getting anything done... in this case, off the top of my head...

1) Do the Police notify the school when there's an incident in the parking lot?
(Think of a lurking parent, getting chased off more than once)
2) Do the Schools talk to each other (if the same guy drew attention in several places, would anyone notice a pattern?)
3) If the Police DID notify FCPS, would FCPS notify SACC? (Apparently, it's a "whole different department.")
4) Were there procedures in place, such as reporting, that were not followed???

Going beyond that, I can't really answer the question. When I did training, we'd refer to the "Orange Jumpsuit Test." In other words, do you think whatever you're doing might land you in one? But the relevant test here would actually be the "sleep test": "When all is said and done, are you comfortable enough to sleep?"

And frankly, based on what happened, I'm not.

Date: May 22, 2012 10:48PM

Well apparently you can't sleep after this since you able to answer after every other person posts. I doubt that the police have the time to tell the schools when something happens on their grounds. My bet is that they only tell the schools when someone from the school system is involved in a police incident. The school security may keep track of those events but who knows. Sounds like you need to run for office. By the look of your last post your spending more money then the county has and creating more paperwork and emails that won't get read.

Date: May 22, 2012 10:57PM

He was "hiding" backstage, as I understand it.

I didn't say that all of these should be implemented, but I think that I should be able to find out what IS in place, so that I can make an informed decision for my kids.

Date: May 22, 2012 10:59PM

And no, the "did I just publicly humiliate myself, and am I crazy?" question isn't really conducive to sleep, either.

I'll probably drop dead for a couple of hours soon...

Posted by: WTF??? ()
Date: May 22, 2012 11:02PM

People, what is the matter with you? You are being trolled! Isn't that obvious by now? He's practically begging to be outed.

Date: May 22, 2012 11:04PM

I swear, I wish I'd never felt a need to do this. And I really wish I'd done my homework on FU -- again, I didn't realize that I wouldn't be able to delete this entire thread, once I knew what was going on.

I suppose I'm lucky that I didn't start taunting everyone to get their attention, as had crossed my mind... I actually did a bit of that on Facebook, and I'm not proud of myself.

I know Joe was upset that I wasted the DOE's time (was that a joke?)... I tried pinging the Governor too.

Yeah, maybe a tiny bit "alarmist", I suppose.

At least, the Governor seems to think so :-)

Date: May 22, 2012 11:05PM

Oh, Fairfax County Board of Supervisors, too... yeah, I guess I wasted 2 minutes from a lot of different people's days.

Date: May 22, 2012 11:08PM

The notes I've shown are just some of the responses. You have no idea how many people I pinged, tagged, wrote on their public walls...

The VAST majority were just ignored.

Including by SACC.

Date: May 22, 2012 11:18PM

Yes I maybe a troll but come on she is over the edge. Don't worry I am sure that she will have her kids LOJACK soon so she will know where they are if they are able to get beyond the length of the cord she has yet to cut. Nutz are out there hey your kids live with one but it doesn't make it illegal to be one.

Date: May 23, 2012 04:50AM

"Nutz are out there hey your kids live with one but it doesn't make it illegal to be one."

Quite possibly... but I'm not about to rest my child's safety on the opinion of a person who can't even decipher the clues about my gender.

I want the attention of someone who is paid to think about these things. Call it a demand if you'd like.

I really don't see that I have a choice... the "court of public opinion" seems to be in session, and to the best of my knowledge, not a single person who has leveled criticism has bothered to pick up the phone and verify one word of any of this.

Why isn't it on WTOP?

Because they don't think you care.

"Yeah, it happened RIGHT IN FRONT OF 200+ PEOPLE, many of whom were treated to his brand of gospel on the way into the building and/or witnessed his erratic behavior and we didn't mention it. Or investigate it. This time. Because it turned out okay. This time.

Sorry... I DO CARE.

If you don't get it now, maybe you'll be grateful when you do.

Date: May 23, 2012 05:04AM

My intention isn't to sound "sexist", but....

The more I think about this, the more trouble I'm have picturing a woman, standing in the open, engaging him directly, and keeping an eye until the Police arrive.

No... I do happen to be larger and stronger than most. That sometimes leaves me feeling obligated to help others where many just "don't get involved" -- that was the general rule on Saturday. I suspect that I have a touch of an "anti-bully complex", but when I see a unique opportunity to help others, I can't just sit back and hope that someone else might be willing and able to take on the responsibility. When I see things SO differently, I don't see how I could possibly just sit back, and hope that people who're attempting to break the story into little passable bucks come up with the right conclusion.

Between the self-victimizing "anti-snitch" culture, and the fear that trying to do the right thing will lead to unwanted attention, I wonder, how many people could really deal with this site? Though childish, it quickly becomes tempting to roll in the mud with the rest of the pen.

And getting this done quietly?

Been there.

Done that.

Didn't work.

Escalation... it continues.

Date: May 23, 2012 05:21AM

Thinking more... (better rested today, but not much.)

I want to put this out for consideration while I'm about as "fresh" as I'm likely to be today:

I am not having fun with this.

As far as I know, my Wife is going to come up to find me strung from a tree in the front yard, and our home burnt to the ground.

But... that leads me to conclude: if I don't do it, NOBODY ELSE WILL.

I'm continuing not for attention, but because this is actually more "comfortable" to me than doing nothing would be.

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE ANY SUPPORT THAT I CAN GET.

I'm hoping there won't be a lot more to respond to, really. Short of posting the tape, or his plate, I think I've posted just about all that might be helpful to anyone.

Hopefully, I'll find the wisdom to apply the minimum force needed to have this REALLY LOOKED AT. That's all I want.

But please, leave this guy alone. I never meant to call attention to his situation. Maybe there never was a "situation"... perhaps he's just a very gregarious/confrontational person. It's not about him, anymore.

Maybe he just hadn't been sleeping well, either.

Date: May 23, 2012 05:47AM

I couldn’t stop chuckling about something last night, which was unfortunate since I was trying to put it out of my mind long enough to sleep:

“Nobody talks like that.”

That’s not true. I’ve met someone. I hate to say it, but it’s creepy. That’s where context comes in to play again. I worked with the guy for a few hours, and it was “creepy.” Had he randomly engaged me in a parking lot, I would’ve been on alert.

But no, I hope I don’t sound anything like this. I suppose I got carried away with my NVCC education, but I find that even in the digital age, words and ideas can have more power than anything.

But I’ve spent my whole life “having ideas,” not acting, and regretting. Like the housing crash – I swear I called that one, right on the money. A lot of people who know my deeper political and economic views might even consider me radical, but we didn’t follow through on my plan to “dump” the house, and I’ve regretted it ever since. We actually took it off of the market so that I could finish my two-year degree, which took me twelve years, in total.

Any time you make a move like that, though, risk is required. You have to at least KNOW your risks before you can make an intelligent decision.

Since FCPS and SACC are “completely different departments,” would the Principal know about ANY of this if I hadn’t kept pounding on day 3?

I don’t know, but I don’t think it should be difficult to get answers.

I mean, really – people are upset because I BEGGED a lot of people to forward this to that one person, who I can yell at if something goes wrong, who will tell me exactly what was supposed to happen, and whether it happened. Again, I’m not proud of the cajoling that I did. I’d like to hide behind sleep loss to excuse it.

But anyway, tell me who this person is, and I’ll continue it with them. For a moment or two yesterday, I thought that guy might be Fred. Then I thought it might be the guy who never contacted me. By then, I’d realized that I couldn’t take this post down. That’s another regret, but regrets are okay, as long as they’re distilled into something you can act on. That’s where I’m at. I’ve certainly learned something here, and I’m sure I don’t have much choice about whatever I’m about to learn.

But please… tell me who the person is. One name. Have him tell me that he will see it through, give me an idea of when he’ll get back to me, and then I’ll shut up.

Well, really, that’s not true. I’m realizing that I probably should’ve started with my kids’ Elementary, but that wasn’t even an option until Monday, and I was pretty fried, by then.

Oh, did I mention that I’m apt to ramble?

Date: May 23, 2012 06:25AM

I REALLY hope that my Wife forgives me for this, and that there's something to come home to, but....

I realized that it was silly to worry about things "going public." We're already there.

If anyone needs proof that I'm "sincere", they can look me up as "Strydyr," on Facebook.

The photo is of me, not my kids. I had a family photo up until a minute ago.

To my loved ones, and the team in Iowa: ROCK ON!

Date: May 23, 2012 06:34AM

I just realized... that photo is going to convince everyone I have some kind of "cop complex."

I dunno, maybe. If so, aren't you glad that I'm making noise, now?

I was mixed in with your kids, Saturday morning!

Date: May 23, 2012 06:37AM

Hehehe....

I told you all, from the very beginning, that I was willing to accept my own insanity as the final verdict.

I just needed a pro to tell me.

and dont worry...........everyone here will tell ya I'm a pro at this..........
Date: May 23, 2012 06:52AM

ok, yr crazy LoLz

and I dont think you have a cop complex

however, yr photo has give ME a "cop complex" ROWR!

are you even from here? I'm guessing you are not based on the fact you think ppl are gonna call you back on this LoLz

one more piece of wisdom that I'll share that you havent caught onto yet: THE PEOPLE YOU ARE TRYING TO CONTACT ABOUT THIS (what even you admit is a) NON-EVENT HAVE OTHER MORE IMPORTANT PRESSING ISSUES TO FIX!

Can't really focus on helping you discuss what sort of oil you should use in yr car when I'm busy performing open heart surgery, you dig what I'm saying?

Relax, it's over - have a brew. Next time just dance with the guy yrself and start a conversation with him instead of call the cops.

..................wow.............maybe this IS more like the Crosspointe Creeper than I thought LoLz

Posted by: ProudAmerican ()
Date: May 23, 2012 07:00AM

When one sees someone acting this erratically, it's one's responsibility to alert authorities. OP did exactly what she should have done. This was not 'happy' behavior; this was unbalanced behavior, plain and simple. You all should be glad there are citizens out there like OP who are willing to put themselves out to look after the welfare of our citizens. The same people who are giving OP crap would not hesitate to use the same resources had they, themselves felt in danger. That's utter hypocrisy.

Posted by: ProudAmerican ()
Date: May 23, 2012 07:03AM

How many of the people on the streets who end up killing/raping others are repeat offenders? How many of those people were determined to no longer be a threat to others?

Posted by: regular guy ()
Date: May 23, 2012 07:21AM

ProudAmerican Wrote:
> How many of the people on the streets who end up
> killing/raping others are repeat offenders? How
> many of those people were determined to no longer
> be a threat to others?

So far the OP has said he is crazy, has threatened to hang himself and burn his house down due to this, and has posted a couple times of unspecified "further action". I think the cops need to maybe take a look at the OP, not the dancing guy.

Posted by: mental health alert ()
Date: May 23, 2012 07:57AM

The OP really needs a mental health cheack-up. He has lost it.

Date: May 23, 2012 08:43AM

No… I’m at home.  My phone is actually off the hook right now.

My cell number is XXXX

Thanks for your attention,
XXXX

-------------

Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2012 8:32 AM

XXXX,

Are you in Iowa with your family?

Janet Molan

---------

Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2012 5:56 AM
To: Remaili, Leila
Cc: Molan, Janet A; Jacobs, Jennifer A.

PLEASE LOOK AT THIS.

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/913359/913831.html

This isn’t spam.

My name is XXXX.  I’m the Father of two at XXXX.

Please DO NOT reveal my name publicly. 

Honestly, I’m more than a bit nervous, and I might not be doing this at all if my two children weren’t out of town.

THANK YOU!
XXXX

Posted by: Olde Farte, II ()
Date: May 23, 2012 10:05AM

In general, it is considered very bad form (a violation of "netiquette") to reveal private communications without permission of the originator - regardless if the originator is a public or private person.

Posted by: B8 ()
Date: May 23, 2012 10:56AM

I was at this event last Sat. with my children as well. I didn't see this gentleman previously (e.g., parking lot encounter prior to the show) but my spouse and I gave eachother "huh?" looks when he showed up on stage at the end of the performance with the Malcolm X dancers, dancing, clearly out of place. No one seemed alarmed, and honestly, until I stumbled over this thread this a.m., I didn't give it another thought. I do thank you for your vigilance and concern. I don't think you're crazy. I suggest you contact, if you haven't already, the Director of the FFX County Office for Children, Anne-Marie Twohie and the Director of the county's SACC Program, Anne Goldstein, with your concerns and a request for an explanation/preventive plan for future events. I'd apprecaite knowing if they don't respond. SACC has a Parent Advisory Council that this issue can be brought to by the co-chairs (for addressing/explanation by SACC/Office for Children management) as well.

Date: May 23, 2012 11:42AM

Yup, Olde Farte...

Why don't I put the safety of my kids at the mercy of "netiquette," so that the people who are paid to look at this don't get embarrassed?

At this point, I'm half-wondering if I can get my Wife, from Iowa, to get a sign on the news:

"Fairfax County Makes Me Dance With Erratic Strangers"

Really... I thought I was actually starting to get somewhere. My last round get a response from Janet Molan, at 8:54. It said "Thank you."

I guess I was an optimist, and I thought someone was going to contact me. Relaxing for a moment, I fell asleep, and now three more hours are gone.

Date: May 23, 2012 11:43AM

The people who're offended at me taking the State's time are REALLY going to be upset about what's coming next.

Date: May 23, 2012 11:53AM

I'm pausing.... I'm SOOO hoping someone will reach out.

This isn't like "John Q." or anything. I was in a whistleblower-type situation once, and it was one of the toughest times of my life. I'd loved the job until then, but I started spending less "remote" time, and couldn't stand what I was watching this guy do to my coworkers.

Well, by the time it was said and done, I'd been prescribed seroquel (I got off of it on day 3 because of HORRIBLE nightmares), and probably come pretty close to a nervous breakdown. Really, finding out what a "anxiety attacks" were, and delving a little deeper into Taoism probably saved my life.

So know: I didn't go into this expecting a cakewalk, though I'll admit that I never imagined it would be as tough as it's become, already.

Date: May 23, 2012 12:03PM

In the end, the outcome of all of this might please some of you....

"The local lunatic pulled his kids from SACC, and he doesn't come to these things, anymore."

I hope not. I've loved SACC. Actually, it's kept us out of bankruptcy.

Admittedly, it's going to be tough to make eye contact, ever again.

Date: May 23, 2012 12:05PM

But is SACC even aware that FCPS holds them solely responsible for security, whenever kids are in a public school building?

As much as I hate to say it, they need volunteers for something like this, if it's going to be done safely.

I call "not it." :-)

But, really:

"The guy was already dancing backstage, unknown to the staff or performers..."

Date: May 23, 2012 12:05PM

That statement gives me the creeps.

If that makes me crazy....

Date: May 23, 2012 12:15PM

I just got a call from "someone who works with Fred."

She wanted me to bring her up to speed, from scratch.

I explained that I wouldn't do that (I'm too tired to try), and that I've already explained the situation and my concerns as concisely as I'd be able to do.

I asked her to call me back, once she'd "read up on it."

Posted by: perspective ()
Date: May 23, 2012 12:19PM

Anyone prepping for a performance may warm up backstage. In fact if they plan to perform I'd be mad if they DIDN'T warm up and do a bad job on the stage.

Oh so someone calls you and you refuse to give info. Good lord I'd stop calling you too, what a waste of time. Sounds like you have a lot of time on your hands wondering how you are going to burn yourself up or hang yourself, why not type out a paragraph summarizing what happened and you can read it over the phone to whoever asks? Or just read them your original post.

Date: May 23, 2012 12:25PM

2concerned Wrote:
> Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2012 5:56 AM
> To: Remaili, Leila
> Cc: Molan, Janet A; Jacobs, Jennifer A.
>
> PLEASE LOOK AT THIS.
>
> http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/913359/913831.html

Good, giving them the link here will give them a good overview and perspective of all the issues at hand.

Date: May 23, 2012 12:26PM

As much as I hate to say it, this is how it would be, if the Tea Party ran the show:

Janitor: Good Morning, Mr. Yarborough! Did you hear about the 12 murders in the parking lot last night?

Principal: No! Were the murderers caught?

Janitor: Nope… I just finished loading the bodies into the dumpster a few minutes ago.

Principal: But… I cancelled trash pick-up last week!

Date: May 23, 2012 12:29PM

See... if this page were "Farked", that one would've earned me 1,000 facepalms.

Look it up.

Date: May 23, 2012 12:31PM

Actually, this explains it...
Attachments:
facepalm2.jpg

Date: May 23, 2012 12:31PM

It's a geek thing, but I'm sure everyone's figured that out by now.

Date: May 23, 2012 12:33PM

Fark actually looked at the page... if you scroll up to find "No Fun," you'll see where I was judged unworthy.

Date: May 23, 2012 12:36PM

I'd actually had it in my head that the joke would include a Police furlough, but I lost it when I was typing. Did I mention that I'm tired?

No offense to FCPD... they're usually pretty awesome, and as far as I know, they did what they were supposed to do. I just think the system needs a tweak.

Posted by: enough ()
Date: May 23, 2012 12:44PM

Dude, just STFU already.

Date: May 23, 2012 12:57PM

Regarding the "netiquette breach"...

I'm not sure WHAT the right thing to do there was.

Nobody is looking these people up, that's obvious.

I really hoped that phones would be ringing by now, but again: maybe I'm just crazy.

Posted by: TheNorthman ()
Date: May 23, 2012 12:57PM

All right, I read the first 3 posts and figured out we're being trolled here. This reminds me A LOT of that guy a few weeks ago that started that thread about "improving Fairfax Underground".

I wouldn't be surprised if they are the same people.

@2concerned: excellent work!!!! Seems like a lot of people too the bait!

Date: May 23, 2012 01:02PM

TheNorthman: read three posts, and pass judgement?

Why not?

That's what everyone else is doing.

Date: May 23, 2012 01:13PM

One more time to Fark...
Attachments:
18stop1.jpg

Date: May 23, 2012 01:22PM

Fellow concerned citizen writes: "Dude, just STFU already."

In light of his well-reasoned argument, I did consider dropping this.

I mean, his logic is difficult to refute. He's obviously educated, but I won't try to profile him, beyond that.

Actually, I'll try.

I think he lives in his Mom's basement.

Date: May 23, 2012 01:23PM

2concerned Wrote:
> TheNorthman: read three posts, and pass
> judgement?
>
> Why not?
>
> That's what everyone else is doing.

Dude, I passed judgement in your favor. You told a story about a guy who was dancing at a school play and managed to turn it into a 100+ post thread, and without I might add, being a complete asshole about it.

Now there ARE 97 posts that I didn't read so I can't be certain about those but, all things considered, this is a pretty good production.

Date: May 23, 2012 01:27PM

TheNorthman: Please accept my apologies.

I can't wait for a good night's sleep.

Date: May 23, 2012 01:28PM

And thank you!

Date: May 23, 2012 01:36PM

2concerned Wrote:
> And thank you!

No. Thank YOU for entertaining me!

Date: May 23, 2012 01:37PM

I didn't think of this before now....

Did I mention that I'm tired?

But, if anyone wants to DO something WITHOUT going anywhere:

Go to Google, Yahoo, all your other favorites, and "search" for terms like:

"Carl Sandburg"
"Fairfax County"
"Virginia Department of Eduction"

And when a link to this article comes up, click it.

That's all.

This will move up in the search rankings, and this will be sure to be seen.

THANKS AGAIN!

Date: May 23, 2012 01:38PM

He said "Eduction."

Heheheh.

Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: May 23, 2012 01:39PM

This thread sucks.

Date: May 23, 2012 01:40PM

Hey, PO: I meant to exclude you.

Did I mention that I'm tired?

Date: May 23, 2012 01:53PM

"This thread sucks."

One of the first intelligible reviews!

Thanks so much, "More Complete"

A man of your advance reasoning should appreciate this.

Go ahead and look it up, it's a synonym.

That's pronounced "SIN-O-NIM", I think.

I want to suggest a thesaurus, but I fear you'd hurt yourself, and I don't want to start any trouble that isn't hypothetical.

Sorry... that's five syllables.

Anyway, I got sidetracked again.

As I was saying you'll enjoy this, buy you might have to look it up.

There... I got it down to two syllable words for you.

Ooops, there I go again.

As I was saying, look up this "M" word.

I'll wait.
Attachments:
Morans.jpg

Date: May 23, 2012 02:03PM

I've posted a link to this article below...

I swear I didn't start this to "self-promote" -- please forgive me.

https://www.facebook.com/PearlsFromSwine

Date: May 23, 2012 02:04PM

Yeah, I have a dark, dry sense of humor.

I scare some people.

Date: May 23, 2012 02:08PM

ah, dont listen to 'em, 2...............
Attachments:
Jesus says This-thread-Is-full-of-win.jpg

Date: May 23, 2012 02:09PM

Hey, 2concerned, are you using a TOR browser right now?

HA!

Date: May 23, 2012 02:09PM

I'd really never meant to do cartoons in the first place.

Greg made me.

Date: May 23, 2012 02:10PM

The Nerd Cavalry has arrived?

Dare I hope?

Date: May 23, 2012 02:11PM

Hehehe... "Nerd Corps"?

Date: May 23, 2012 02:22PM

TheNorthman: "Hey, 2concerned, are you using a TOR browser right now?"

No... my strategy is just to "lay low" for now.

Date: May 23, 2012 02:24PM

Or maybe I'll take this approach:
Attachments:
SAFE_STATE-1.jpg

Posted by: Internet King ()
Date: May 23, 2012 02:25PM

You make Bleh make sense. WTG!

Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: May 23, 2012 02:25PM

2concerned Wrote:
> "This thread sucks."
>
> One of the first intelligible reviews!
>
> Thanks so much, "More Complete"
>
> A man of your advance reasoning... bla bla bla... attempt at wit...

Because I don't like your thread, and find it to be a pathetic waste of time, thereby sucking, you question my intelligence. Brilliant.

I think it's more appropriate to question your own.

This thread does suck. Have a nice day. :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2012 02:27PM by More Complete.

Date: May 23, 2012 02:31PM

You know:

I really should've looked up that link before I posted it. I have no idea.

Posted by: Ahmayzin ()
Date: May 23, 2012 02:33PM

I know Sandburg....I used to play flag football games there....yea...yea....football. Yea.... So why is Shabba in trouble? Did he Bomba Clot your Rasclot and shoot da bonfiya mon?

Date: May 23, 2012 02:34PM

"This thread does suck. Have a nice day."

Ouch.

I do feel a bit hurt, now.

That would inevitably lead to a public "crash-and-burn" for me.

On Fark, they might post something like:
Attachments:
kitten_die-300x280.jpg

Date: May 23, 2012 02:34PM

It's sick, I tell ya.

Posted by: @ 2Concerned ()
Date: May 23, 2012 02:36PM

Be you also known as Chuck Hoffman by any chance?

Please don't divorce me, honey.

I'll seek treatment.

Date: May 23, 2012 02:41PM

BTW: Thanks Much, Gordon Blvd!

Date: May 23, 2012 02:44PM

Heheh... I was thumbing through some stuff I'd stashed away, over the years.

This isn't unlike my dream last night...
Attachments:
mistakes.jpg

Date: May 23, 2012 02:46PM

We're not supposed to talk about dreams are we?

Or, is that okay?

I'm probably already creeping people out.

Like I said, I was down there with their kid.

Date: May 23, 2012 02:51PM

I'm sorry...

I almost missed another mark in the "win" category.

Truly, I'm grateful.

"You make Bleh make sense. WTG!"

I'll try not to let it go to my head.
Attachments:
1163867012182il6.jpg

Date: May 23, 2012 02:56PM

All kidding aside; is this kid going to be OK?

Date: May 23, 2012 02:57PM

TheNorthman: I have no idea. I didn't press. I only assumed that I'd made enough noise that someone, somewhere, actually checked.

Date: May 23, 2012 03:05PM

I tried George Takai again.

You'd think all of the rejections would be stressful, but like I said, it's actually soothing.

I think it's a "Tao" thing.

Date: May 23, 2012 03:09PM

Why do I have a hunch the next person I'll hear from is a lawyer?

THAT is where this stuff becomes "crazy," IMHO.

I just want a name.

I don't like not even being able to find out who to talk to... at all.

I'm still shocked that anyone is "okay" with it.
Attachments:
Chances.bmp

Date: May 23, 2012 03:10PM

Darn... didn't see that word in the thumbnail.

I'm not prude, but I didn't mean to be crass.

There's plenty of that, already.

Date: May 23, 2012 03:34PM

I'm actually starting to surmise that someone screwed up.

Date: May 23, 2012 03:36PM

I'd rather hear that the policies were lacking than that someone is going to be scapegoated for watching the kids so well.
Attachments:
48stop1.jpg

Date: May 23, 2012 03:40PM

If I'm making noise, I might as well make 'em laugh.

Or get arrested.

Either way, it's attention.

I'm whoring for it, remember?

So, in logical pursuit of that, I present a bunny with a pancake on its head.
Attachments:
bunny_pancake.jpg

Date: May 23, 2012 03:49PM

Thanks for the "perspective."

Ugh. I really hate puns.

"Good lord I'd stop calling you too, what a waste of time."

Nobody has made a sincere effort to "read up" on the situation and call me. Not one person.

The bunny wasn't funny?

How about this?
Attachments:
custom_1248169468629_sarahpalinpancakes.jpg

Date: May 23, 2012 03:51PM

Now the rednecks are gonna get pissed.

Really, I swear: I support gun rights.

Events like Saturday are part of the reason.

I don't carry one, but it's nice to know that I don't have to wait for "Angle-Grinder Man" to arrive.
Attachments:
2s7xoht.jpg

Posted by: @ 2concerned ()
Date: May 23, 2012 04:12PM

its_time_to_stop_posting-n1296694987668.

Date: May 23, 2012 04:17PM

You, my friend, have just made a mockery out of FFX General.

Consider your candy-ass reported and banned for the 51st time.

HA!!!!

Date: May 23, 2012 04:23PM

To whoever is flattering me by copying...

"It's time to stop posting"

Yeah, I'd think so too.

Fairfax doesn't seem to.

But, really, if you take your ADHD-meds, loop back, and read, you'll find:

I've been asking for a name.
Attachments:
celebrity-pictures-cookie-monster-stop-anytime.jpg

Date: May 23, 2012 04:24PM

TheNorthman: do they really ban people here? I'd never suspected it.

Date: May 23, 2012 04:34PM

You should've seen the horrible things they said about a friend who was suffering something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy...

It's no wonder most people are afraid of these jerks.

Scary thing is: would you believe that this isn't even the worst embarrassment that I've ever felt? (At least, yet....)

I should call Oprah :-) She doesn't like bullies, either.

Oh, wait... I tried that, too.

http://www.oprah.com/own/what_do_you_think.html

Date: May 23, 2012 04:34PM

2concerned Wrote:
> TheNorthman: do they really ban people here? I'd
> never suspected it.

I don't know. I personally have never been banned. You'll be happy to know that I did NOT report you, btw. I had my finger on the report button but. I didn't pull the trigger.

Now, how the fuck did this thread suck me in to 10 posts?????

Date: May 23, 2012 04:37PM

Report me???

Heck, I'm already way out on a limb. If ANYTHING I've said turns out to be slanderous or libel, I'm in trouble.

Trust me, taking this into the open wasn't my first choice.

Date: May 23, 2012 04:38PM

As PO keeps proving, it's easy enough to open a new account.

Or, is there really more than one person here who's that stupid?

Posted by: If a walks like a duck... ()
Date: May 23, 2012 04:38PM

Hey Miz...excellent parody. Can't believe so many people fell for it. I especially liked the "two year degree at NVCC, which took me 12 years". Brilliant!

Date: May 23, 2012 04:43PM

"If a walks like a duck..." :

Parody?

Date: May 23, 2012 04:44PM

Geez... I hope you're not another product of Fairfax County.

It just proves that they're spending far too much time on those stupid SOLs.

Date: May 23, 2012 04:45PM

My kids' school is doing Chinese, too.

My Daughter comes home singing songs she doesn't understand, but they don't spend much time with creative writing.

It's sad.

Posted by: If a walks like a duck... ()
Date: May 23, 2012 04:47PM

Correction: If it walks like a duck...you know the rest. Keep em coming! Haven't laughed this hard in a while.

Date: May 23, 2012 05:07PM

Sorry, "If it walks...", I think I misread that, at first.

And, WOW... one of the child groups already called my Wife. I should've started there, maybe.

I'm not sure, though: they might be worried that I'm the danger.

I mean, you've got to think of the kids, right?
Attachments:
smokingmom.jpg

Date: May 23, 2012 05:08PM

Maybe if this were about jackhammers, I'd be getting media attention?

Date: May 23, 2012 05:16PM

@2 - if it was Roanoke, it'd maybe get more attention
@duck - it's something else, isnt it?

Date: May 23, 2012 05:17PM

Nope, I botched all that. I think I actually contacted them "as" my Wife, by accident.

I've got to figure out who that was, though...

I contact them on Facebook, and they call back, and can't be troubled to open the link and read it?

Really, the guy sounded like I was putting him out.

They all do.

Date: May 23, 2012 05:21PM

It's 5:20.

I'm sure everyone involved with Fairfax is calling it a night. It would be terrible if they had to stay late, or something.

Today, I got one call from Fred's office and she wouldn't READ my "report" and call me back.

I got one person asking if I was home, with no further attempt at contact. But that's just my childrens' Elementary School... that's a "whole different department" from SACC.

Funny thing is: I thought there was SOME chain of responsibility.

Then there was the guy from the Child thing. I'll tell you who that was later, I think.

Date: May 23, 2012 05:25PM

Day Six it will be, unless I come up with something creative tonight.
Attachments:
3029577395_ed093ec050_o.jpg

Date: May 23, 2012 05:40PM

Okay, so please be patient... I'm a bit slow on the uptake.

Which half of this kid belongs to SACC, and which half is FCPS?
Attachments:
312619_253467251342327_100000371617327_878689_2150607_n.jpg

Posted by: i thought ()
Date: May 23, 2012 05:52PM

i understood this thread.

now it's morphed into something i don't understand.

but it's still pretty entertaining.

Date: May 23, 2012 05:58PM

It's likely to keep "morphing", if nobody at the county thinks that I'm even worth a call.

I'm thankful that my kids are in Iowa. They'll miss tomorrow's activity:
Attachments:
293621_253467284675657_100000371617327_878691_303636_n.jpg

Date: May 23, 2012 06:00PM

I might have "done it wrong" before.

I just tried Channels 4,5, and 7 again.

Not sure why I didn't include 9 then last time... I might've fallen asleep.

Date: May 23, 2012 06:04PM

I'm wondering: Does the County even KNOW who was responsible, here?

That's among my worries: they might actually be THAT dysfunctional.

11 years later, and nobody even knows who's in charge of safety???

It's good to know that SOMEONE is keeping an eye out.
Attachments:
2043-fail-camera.jpg

Date: May 23, 2012 06:46PM

Does anyone know the law, here, with respect to audio?

He was clearly "performing" for me on my first clip.

He saw me filming him on the second (being interviewed by Police), and asked me to stop filming, because (I think) I wasn't his friend anymore.

I think the implied consent is there?

I'm thinking that I might be able to clip the audio to give some of you a better understanding of the context, without destroying an innocent.

So far, I've done EVERYTHING I can think of, including some stuff I thought I'd never do, just hoping to get someone at the County to at least look at my tape. I would've gladly driven it out, and waited for an answer.

But, on day 5, my nerves are shot. With any luck, I'll either be vindicated or institutionalized by the time my Wife and Kids get back.

Date: May 23, 2012 06:48PM

I don't think I got any of his sermonizing :-(

Date: May 23, 2012 07:01PM

You know... I think I need to give this up.

Several of you have called me a "Troll"... whatever.

Again, I have a unique oppurtunity to do something.

If my Wife & Kids weren't gone, I might not have the guts (or insanity) to have done anything remotely approaching this, so let's get it over with before I get back.

In what might be an absolutely unprecedented move in this often slimy forum, I'm going to spell it out, a second time.

If anyone is coming with pitchforks tonight, know that I've got some beer on ice, the kids are gone, and the garage is wired for sound.

-Strydyr (on Facebook)

I'd hoped to be judged anonymously, at first, on the content of my words, but if it needs to be my resume, then have a look.

You didn't know it until now, but I promise that some tiny portion of your taxes were given to me.

You payed me to be "frightened" for you.

Am I an alarmist?

And, what's your beer preference?

I have integrity. I'm not hiding.

Again, it's a unique opportunity. If I hadn't resigned two weeks ago, I could not possibly AFFORD to do this.

Date: May 23, 2012 07:03PM

And no, nothing to do with the "whistleblowing" I mentioned.

HP/Fortify has been great to me, though I heard a lot of employees weren't so fortunate, today.

Date: May 23, 2012 07:21PM

Well, if I get arrested tonight for "threatening behavior", I guess that might be for the best.

I swear that this was only made to be funny.

It's sloppy though.

I'm not a "left-brain" (right-brain?) guy, and did I mention: I haven't been sleeping very well?

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=414455025253457&set=a.412772205421739.98042.185604684805160&type=1&theater

Date: May 23, 2012 07:31PM

Probably going to have to pull my kids out of school, anyway... they're likely to be shunned.

Sorry, Honey.
Attachments:
hitman-monkey.jpg

Posted by: wtffff ()
Date: May 23, 2012 07:52PM

Seek help.

Date: May 23, 2012 08:56PM

Missed this...

"I suggest you contact, if you haven't already, the Director of the FFX County Office for Children, Anne-Marie Twohie and the Director of the county's SACC Program, Anne Goldstein"

I'll be on it, if need be, in the morning, thanks!

Date: May 23, 2012 09:03PM

wtffff: "Seek help."

Geez... see, that's what happens when you focus on SOLs instead of "reading comprehension."

Dude, get your Mom to explain the big words to you. That's exactly what I've been trying to do.

Date: May 23, 2012 09:14PM

wtfff is probably stomping around his bedroom right now...

Be careful dude, you entered a brain-fight, unarmed.

Thanks for illustrating why "real" people are afraid of this place.
Attachments:
cunningplan.jpg

Date: May 23, 2012 09:30PM

Speaking of "WTF," I LOVE this, but it's pretty "geek specific"

http://thedailywtf.com

It would be WAY beyond a lot of you, but good reason to stay in school. We all need something to reach for.

Since some of you clearly won't become rocket-scientists, "funny" is an awesome "2nd trade."

Date: May 23, 2012 09:30PM

We do prefer "geek", BTW.

Date: May 23, 2012 09:38PM

OCPD
OCPD
OCPD

You know, if you say it enough, it starts to sound a little like "ABCD."

Nothing profound...

Just an observation.

And, it's not always a bad thing.

I'm trying to learn to "harness my powers for good."

How am I doing?

I'm going to keep prattling until we find someone who tells me I'm not crazy.

I mean, a couple of people have, but they haven't come by for a beer, yet.

I probably shouldn't drink tonight though, really... I'm likely to say something I'll regret.

Another long night, I fear.

Date: May 23, 2012 09:39PM

Really... do any of you who are "poo-poo"ing this actually have any kids?

If so, did you go back to school after you had them?

Date: May 23, 2012 09:46PM

I think that was "trolling."

Did I do it right?

Remember, all I want is a name.

How am I supposed to drop my kids off in the morning, when nobody can tell me who is supposed to keep them from getting hurt?

How can any responsible parent?

Date: May 23, 2012 10:05PM

Ooops... I tweeted.

Date: May 23, 2012 10:06PM

If I had a follower, I'm sure SACC would be FORCED to pick up the phone.

Hehehe.

Right.

I'm "Strydyr"

Date: May 23, 2012 10:22PM

Man... they might actually win by ignoring me.

I gather that I really am just about the only one who cares.

Date: May 24, 2012 01:28AM

Did everyone else fall asleep, too?

Date: May 24, 2012 01:39AM

Almost amused by all of this.

The county is hiding like cockroaches.

And, the cockroaches here are hiding, too.

A bunch of little juvenile street-thug posers who's street-smarts couldn't get through a Dr. Suess "novel?"

"Uhhh... I don't get it. Eggs aren't green!"

Date: May 24, 2012 01:40AM

In fact, if this weren't about my child's safety, I'd be LMAO.

Date: May 24, 2012 01:40AM

... and probably asleep.

Date: May 24, 2012 01:42AM

And so....

Welcome to "Page 3"

Date: May 24, 2012 01:45AM

Maybe the county will appreciate this.

The seem to be openly supportive.

Well, maybe not after the fact, if something actually goes wrong.... then they'll just blame each other because NONE OF THEM SEEM TO KNOW WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT, NOR ARE THEY INTERESTED IN MAKING THE POLICY KNOWN.
Attachments:
Pedo.jpg

Date: May 24, 2012 02:04AM

Thumbing back through all of this, trying to find some of the more insightful quotes that each "players" have written:

Principal Yarborough:
-----------------------------------

MONDAY, TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY: N/A

Fred Ellis,
Director, OFFICE OF SAFETY AND SECURITY, FCPS:
TUESDAY:"Nonetheless, the information provided to the principal, Mr. Terrence Yarborough, indicates that the individual that concerned you was, in fact, a parent of a SACC child and his participation in the dancing was welcomed by the performers."

TUESDAY:"FCPS’ role in the event was simply to provide the space."

TUESDAY:"If you have further questions, I would suggest you contact the SACC program, http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ofc/Sacc.htm or the Fairfax County Police Department at the Mount Vernon District Station"

(done and done)

Christine Donohoe: Chief of Staff, Superintendent's Office, FCPS
MONDAY: "I have sent your email off to our security staff, the principal and the cluster. They will look into the matter for you."

Thomas Broyles: Dir. Business and Risk Management, Virginia DOE
TUESDAY: . While we prefer that your concern be addressed at the local level, I have forwarded your e-mail, via copy, to Mr. Steven Kerr who serves as an employment investigator at Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS).

Steven Kerr, Employment Investigator, FCPS
Honestly, this name made no sense to me.

But, that's ok: I never heard from him, or anyone else.

Are they worried that Principal Yarborough is using a fake resume? I suppose it's possible....

Date: May 24, 2012 02:34AM

Employment Investigator...

That brought up an interesting question.

Since FCPS and SACC are "whole different departments," can anyone at FCPS assure me that background checks have been done on SACC staff?

And why didn't I think to ask that before now?

I guess it would've been pointless. I had a job, and apparently, I would never have even found out who to ask.

Date: May 24, 2012 02:35AM

I really do feel like a bad parent sometimes, but I addressed the "regret" thing much earlier.

Date: May 24, 2012 02:40AM

I invite the whole freaking county over for a beer, and I don't get a single taker?

I can't get my mind off of that.

Stings a bit.

Date: May 24, 2012 03:24AM

Really... the longer this goes on, the more reading PO is going to have to do.

He's already finding it too hard to catch up. He's been quiet for a while.

Date: May 24, 2012 03:27AM

I think those idiots in Fairfax are trying to force me to publish the tape.

I'm trying everything I can to avoid it.

I might be insane, but it's still not something that I WANT to do.

But I think people might understand if they had an idea of what the County, seemingly, doesn't even want to know.

And I keep looping back to the question:

Why would DOE ping a County Employment Investigator?

Date: May 24, 2012 03:31AM

And what stopped the Employment Investigator from calling?

I've got a hunch that someone's in CYOA mode.

Those are the WORST people. When a mistake is made, or something isn't done well, fine -- learn from it!

But the ones that hide the problems and pass the bucks? They're literally dangerous... they'll sacrifice the actual product for the sake of looking good.

I was in a situation very recently, on site, where someone (it seems) was taking credit for my work. I had my head down, and I was doing stuff he had no clue how to do: writing reports, and custom "rules."

So, I'm handing the stuff over to the guy, and he's "interfacing" with the "sub-client." And I thought everything was fine.

I should've caught on when I realized I was getting NO work from him on "billable" projects.

Date: May 24, 2012 03:32AM

It is what it is, though. Thankfully, my own team was confident of the truth; but, a move like that could've cost a typical consultant their job.

Date: May 24, 2012 03:33AM

I wonder if he's learned to write reports, yet.

Date: May 24, 2012 03:38AM

Jumping back "on track" for now:

I want you to know... when I call Mr. Yarborough a "douche-nozzle", it's not my intention to be mean.

It's really just a measure of how useful he's been to me.

Date: May 24, 2012 03:39AM

He says my kid was fine.

He won't say it to me.

Date: May 24, 2012 03:39AM

He won't even tell me how he determined that.

Date: May 24, 2012 03:40AM

And NOBODY will tell me how they determined that his determination was correct.

Date: May 24, 2012 03:40AM

Sorry, "wtffff"... you'll probably have to read that last one a few times.

Date: May 24, 2012 03:41AM

It helps if you stress the right syllables, but really, you can't do that till you figure it out.

If you need help, give me a ring....

Date: May 24, 2012 03:46AM

I'm afraid I might've tripped up "PO."

Douche sounds nothing like it's spelled. That must be tough for him.

Date: May 24, 2012 03:50AM

The nice thing?

I'm pretty sure that anyone who's against me being able to find out WTF happened - or how it was SUPPOSED to be handled - isn't a parent.

Date: May 24, 2012 04:02AM

I'd like to explain to Mr. Yarborough, since I half expect to hear from his lawyer today:

Your office said that everything was okay. You had no interest in pursuing this, but THIS IS YOUR BUILDING

I don't care if SACC is a "whole different department." The fact that you seem to feel no personal responsibility for the safety of children in your own hallway tells me that you're unsuited to be watching ANYONE's children.

Date: May 24, 2012 04:03AM

Stay tuned... you're gonna like what I'm working on, Mr. Yarborough.

Or at least, I assume your students will.

Date: May 24, 2012 04:04AM

No implied threat, BTW. I'm too tired to leave the house today.

Date: May 24, 2012 04:05AM

Physical threat.

With any luck, people will be laughing at you before the day is over.

Why not?

They're laughing at me, and I blame you....

That's how "passing the buck" works.

But, I'm guessing you know that.

Date: May 24, 2012 04:07AM

In an ideal world, you'll take Friday off because you can't look anyone in the eye.

That's what's SUPPOSED to happen when you don't meet your responsibilities.

See "regret," much earlier.

If you learn something, it'll be good for you, in the long run. And the kids.

Posted by: justjoinedthisthread ()
Date: May 24, 2012 04:07AM

2concerned has 2muchtime on his hands. Please seek help. I am closing this thread due to 2concerned over bumping this dumb thread.

Not all niggers are going to rape your kids, only some of them.

Have a good day.

edit by Cary: CSS "hack" redirect to Google removed. Cute, but cut it out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2012 02:59PM by Cary.

Date: May 24, 2012 12:43PM

Nice how you called us idiots on your Facebook page. Yes, we saw you outed yourself. Personally I gave you the benefit of the doubt and didn't take your bait because you were posting crazy crap and I refused to help you do that.

So it wasn't because I was stupid, it was because you are stupid. When you out yourself you out your family. You need help for your narcissistic disorder, or you're just an asshole, not sure which.

Date: May 24, 2012 12:46PM

PS - your comments on "working on a loophole" to the thread closing, on the same comment thread as the joke you are joining Mensa, made me laugh out loud. You claim to be a software developer and you couldn't figure out how to post here after some script kiddie blocks you with some simple crap? You thought the thread was closed by an admin?

Posted by: fairfax scr1pt13 k1dd13 ()
Date: May 24, 2012 02:11PM

wow, your a software developer and couldnt figure out how to get around my simple css block? You Fail!

Posted by: Ten Toes in the Grave ()
Date: May 24, 2012 06:03PM

And let's go to the video of the encounter between our dark-skinned dancer and 2concerned.
Attachments:
Black Chicken and Cat Fighting.gif

Posted by: Ha ha ha ha ()
Date: May 24, 2012 06:22PM

Thanks for your cute video. I feel so sorry for the black man who got called out for dancing. OMG! This is America! Dance away everyone. I hope 2concerened gets sued for slander.

Posted by: Rodney King ()
Date: May 26, 2012 01:42PM

I guess this is your solution then...
Attachments:
tumblr_lps97wAQjN1r00k3po1_400.gif

I Hope You'll Forgive Me
Date: May 26, 2012 04:29PM

looks like I was wrong about O.P., t'wernt I?
Date: May 26, 2012 04:38PM

Holy. Effing. Shit.

just incredible.............the strange dancing guy who got on stage turns out to be the MORE SANE of the parents............................Fairfax Effing County!! YOU GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!!!

pic unrelated

Date: May 26, 2012 04:49PM

He apologized for the loony-tunes couple of days, and he apologized to one individual of many he accused of stonewalling. No apologies to us for trying to tell him his actions were working against his own motivations.

Also noted was no apology to the individual he accused of threatening his child when this individual very likely had no intention of hurting anyone at all. At worst the guy may have tried to intimidate the OP, quite possibly because the OP's openly taking video and calling police on him is itself intimidation.

In other words, the OP quite possibly escalated a situation that led the guy to take further odd steps like dancing inside the school during the production. No apologies for that either.

No explanation still for why "my child was in peril, if you are a parent don't you know what it is like to have your child in peril ?!" but behavior equated to "I didn't want to interrupt a production of drummers because I'd look odd. Oh wait I guess that means either a) I don't want to protect my children, or b) I didn't REALLY think my child was in imminent danger or "peril".

Nonetheless it seems the OP sees some error in his approach and is sorry for what happened, time to let the thread go away.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2012 04:54PM by justsayin.

Date: May 26, 2012 04:59PM

justsayin Wrote:
> He apologized for the loony-tunes couple of days,
> and he apologized to one individual of many he
> accused of stonewalling. No apologies to us for
> trying to tell him his actions were working
> against his own motivations.
>
> Also noted was no apology to the individual he
> accused of threatening his child when this
> individual very likely had no intention of hurting
> anyone at all. At worst the guy may have tried to
> intimidate the OP, quite possibly because the OP's
> openly taking video and calling police on him is
> itself intimidation.
>
> In other words, the OP quite possibly escalated a
> situation that led the guy to take further odd
> steps like dancing inside the school during the
> production. No apologies for that either.
>
> Nonetheless it seems the OP sees some error in his
> approach and is sorry for what happened, time to
> let the thread go away.

I did attempt to apologize to anyone here that I offended, indirectly, though I apparently failed.

I hope you can understand that it was never my intention to put this person under the spotlight any more than I could possibly avoid. I saw and filmed things that no other person has been willing to review -- I no longer wish them to, and I'll be destroying them.

My fear was the scenario. He was dancing backstage, neither his presence nor identity known to anyone; but his behavior was extremely erratic.

Yes, I'm ashamed for not having listened to several people regarding my approach. Toward the end, I was trying all approaches at once, including a continuation of the phone calls and emails I'd begun with.

But, by my own definition of integrity, I'm willing to face that shame, and outside of this particular forum, where I've reluctantly exposed this man, I do not intend to mention his involvement again. I assure you, if you review what happened, you'll understand that my motivations were in no way "racially" motivated.

If anyone would like to meet with me, I'm willing to arrange it. In person, by phone.... just please let me know whether I should put some beer on ice, or whether my Wife & Children need to sleep elsewhere tonight.

To ALL: I'm truly sorry. I hope that you'll agree that the final outcome was of some good.

You'll find that here: https://www.facebook.com/strydyr/posts/421056074583443

Sincerely,
Scott Lehman

Posted by: @justsayin ()
Date: May 26, 2012 05:00PM

Are you saying the OP is a real person, and not a troll?! That is really hard to believe. Do you have a reference?

Date: May 26, 2012 05:12PM

You can contact me on Facebook, if you'd like.

I've been real from the very first. It was after day 2 or three of nightmares and insomnia that the reality began to slip.

I called the cops, I stayed there and waited for the Police. I remained to be certain that the Police knew that he had not directly threatened anyone. I never even hid -- he knew that I'd called the Police, though I hoped that he understood it to be as much out of concern "for" him as it was "about" him. But any parent who saw what happened in the parking lot would have done the same, I'm certain.

Many, I know, would've made the call had he been preaching the Muslim word instead of Jesus. Please believe that I had objective reason to be very worried.

Posted by: Can you go away now? ()
Date: May 26, 2012 05:40PM

Please back away from your computer. Call your dr or go to the ER. I think you have had a stroke.

Good luck and good night!

Date: May 26, 2012 06:18PM

@just - man, I cannot believe the week some people have prolly have regarding this. I said before that it's ok to be concerned if you think a child is at risk. What I guess I didnt know is that you have to be able to THINK in the first place before you can consider if a child is in danger LoLz

@2 - if you are TRULY sorry you will NEVER again type a post or answer a reply on this thread ever again. So let us see how you HONESTLY feel - let's see if your actions match what you say. In other words, for you .............
Attachments:
ThreadClosed.jpg

Posted by: What did you do? ()
Date: May 26, 2012 06:41PM

Posted by: Get Help ()
Date: May 26, 2012 08:24PM

All kidding aside, if this is true, you need serious help. While you're initial concern may or may not have been warranted, your subsequent actions are truly disturbing.

Date: May 26, 2012 09:34PM

2concerned Wrote:
> I did attempt to apologize to anyone here that I
> offended, indirectly, though I apparently failed.
>
> I hope you can understand that it was never my
> intention to put this person under the spotlight
> any more than I could possibly avoid. I saw and
> filmed things that no other person has been
> willing to review -- I no longer wish them to, and
> I'll be destroying them.

I get it, and though you haven't wronged me personally in retrospect re-reading your note I think you have indeed demonstrated complete remorse and everyone should move on. For what it is worth I completely forgive you though I only speak for myself.

Date: May 31, 2012 11:56AM

Script Kiddie: I haven't done any forensics, but I'm curious. Was that a LOIC? Or am I flattering myself?

Date: May 31, 2012 11:57AM

You've interrupted my mail. Yeah, that helps.

Date: May 31, 2012 11:57AM

Wrong thread... accidental bump. Not sorry.

Posted by: What the Heck? ()
Date: June 02, 2012 11:50AM

I don't understand what happened, can you explain what happened again? I'm totally lost.

Date: June 02, 2012 12:23PM

Posted by: What the Heck? ()
Date: June 02, 2012 01:48PM

Still lost. Seems like a misunderstanding followed by a series of destructive misunderstandings and threats?

Date: June 02, 2012 05:24PM

no, seems like you understand as much as we do...........................

Posted by: Angry Person ()
Date: June 02, 2012 10:37PM

In my opinion this website is extremely repulsive. So many people just talking trash about one another, having no remorse or proof of the allegations being made. This site is filled with people who have nothing better to do than hurt other from behind a computer screen. Why this should be a website about helping others and passing information around a community not a war zone where people put other people on trial and say horrible things about people. This is no better than cyber bullying except the anonymous names prevent you form having to reveal who they are. This is like a middle school where people do nothing but start rumors about others to hurt peoples feelings.

I hope that you read this message and think, about your future activity and really only present information that is factual and helpful to others in the northern Virginia area. Put yourself in the person your about to hurt before you post your message.

Posted by: Amurrica ()
Date: June 02, 2012 10:53PM

Angry Person Wrote:
> In my opinion this website is extremely repulsive.
> So many people just talking trash about one
> another, having no remorse or proof of the
> allegations being made. This site is filled with
> people who have nothing better to do than hurt
> other from behind a computer screen. Why this
> should be a website about helping others and
> passing information around a community not a war
> zone where people put other people on trial and
> say horrible things about people. This is no
> better than cyber bullying except the anonymous
> names prevent you form having to reveal who they
> are. This is like a middle school where people do
> nothing but start rumors about others to hurt
> peoples feelings.
>
> I hope that you read this message and think, about
> your future activity and really only present
> information that is factual and helpful to others
> in the northern Virginia area. Put yourself in the
> person your about to hurt before you post your
> message.

Posted by: Not a Sermon, Just a Thought ()
Date: June 02, 2012 10:56PM

Amurrica Wrote:
> Angry Person Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > In my opinion this website is extremely
> repulsive.
> > So many people just talking trash about one
> > another, having no remorse or proof of the
> > allegations being made. This site is filled
> with
> > people who have nothing better to do than hurt
> > other from behind a computer screen. Why this
> > should be a website about helping others and
> > passing information around a community not a
> war
> > zone where people put other people on trial and
> > say horrible things about people. This is no
> > better than cyber bullying except the anonymous
> > names prevent you form having to reveal who
> they
> > are. This is like a middle school where people
> do
> > nothing but start rumors about others to hurt
> > peoples feelings.
> >
> > I hope that you read this message and think,
> about
> > your future activity and really only present
> > information that is factual and helpful to
> others
> > in the northern Virginia area. Put yourself in
> the
> > person your about to hurt before you post your
> > message.
>
> http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n336/freakylocz
> 14/git_out.png

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
~John 14:27

Posted by: Fact Checker ()
Date: June 03, 2012 11:15AM

Then unfortunately, you leave me with no choice then...

The person originating these posts has identified himself as Scott Matthew Lehman. He is listed at the address below...

Scott Matthew Lehman
4003 Ivanhoe Lane
Alexandria, VA 22310
703-317-1997

Scott was diagnosed as a child with being bi-polar and depression and prescribed Seroquel (Quetiapine) for this condition.
However, he is currently not on his medication at the present time and may or may not be using cocaine or methamphetamines.
He is currently banned from the Carl Sandburg Middle School located in Alexandria VA (Main Phone) 703.799.6100. (see letter below). Following a series of erratic comments and posts on forums following an incident at the
school where he came into conflict with the school's principal Terrence Yarborough regarding a misunderstanding of some
sort with another parent at the school. (Mr. Lehman reported a black parent "dancing" at the school and became concerned).
After which, Mr. Lehman was told by the principal and his staff that the black male "dancing" was in fact another parent, and
was NOT a security concern. Mr. Lehman then began posting comments online in an erratic manner criticizing that decision.
His comments were read by school faculty and as result of their quantity and content the school was put on lock down.
It's my opinion that this individual is a danger to himself and others (see links below to read for yourself).

Fort Hunt Patch Newspaper
http://forthunt.patch.com/articles/carl-sandburg-middle-school-placed-under-high-security

Open Letter Detailing the Illegal And Dangerous Acts of Gordon Blvd
http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/921849.html

Open Letter Regarding My Charges Of Incompetence- Principal Terrence Yarborough
http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/919108.html

Incident at Carl Sandburg Middle School, 5/19/2012
http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/913359.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here are some numbers listed by the Fairfax County Public Schools regarding security. If any parents have kids going to the Carl Sandburg Middle School and are concerned for their safety, here are the numbers below to call...

Carl Sandburg Middle School
(Main Phone) 703.799.6100

Fairfax County Public Schools Security Services
http://www.fcps.edu/fts/safety-security/security/index.shtml

24-Hour Dispatch/Call Center:
571-423-2000

Confidential Tip Line
703-658-3636
http://174.78.147.67/FCPSTIPS/

Security Services provides 24-hour emergency communications, security patrols, response to calls
for services, school inspections and central monitoring of the Security and Fire Alarm System (SAFAS) for all FCPS facilities.

The Security Planning Office provides training and assistance to all schools and centers in crisis management, facility assessments and other security related matters. Security specialists manage and provide expertise in emergency management, the training and certification of all central and school-based security personnel and technology based physical security initiatives and systems.

The school liaison commander provides for effective coordination between Fairfax County Public Schools and the Fairfax County Police on public safety matters.

Jim McLain, Security Coordinator
Jim.McLain@fcps.edu
571-423-2013

Lt. Kenneth Baine, Fairfax County Police/School Liaison Commander
Kenneth.Baine@fcps.edu
571-423-2026

Date: June 03, 2012 11:19AM

GordonBlvd, if you don't mind. Can you post the information above in the comments section of the Patch article?

sorry, cowpoke :)
Date: June 03, 2012 12:51PM

Patch aint gonna letcha do that..................too much personal info - make them uncomfy

Re: sorry, cowpoke :)
Date: June 03, 2012 12:53PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> Patch aint gonna letcha do
> that..................too much personal info -
> make them uncomfy

Okay, that's fine.

well, not really
Date: June 03, 2012 12:58PM

cause he really needs the serious help, y'know. But I get Patch's policy on it. They arent going to out his name on their site with them investigating it is the jist of it.

Date: June 04, 2012 07:51AM

bump

this is the thread that started the whole "help - Gordon Blvd is gonna take my Bay-Bees!!!" thread - enjoy!

pic unrelated
Attachments:
y u no.jpg

Date: June 04, 2012 07:52AM

Okay.

I'll post nothing else until this is figured out.

If I'm wrong Caleb, I'll apologize.

No PII was released that wasn't on SPN.

Date: June 04, 2012 07:56AM

Apologizing isn't enough. Please do not post personal information on people you do not know. If you are unsure, please edit your posts to remove that info and pictures of people totally uninvolved in this.

Date: June 04, 2012 08:14AM

OH WOW!! so check out the PM's I got while I was asleep from him!!!

Confirming...
To:
Gordon Blvd
Date: 06/03/2012 11:55PM

Are you Caleb?

---------------------------------------------

ANSWER ME
To:
Gordon Blvd
Date: 06/04/2012 12:27AM

Let's figure out how to sort this.

------------------------------------------------

It's in your best interests.
To:
Gordon Blvd
Date: 06/04/2012 12:29AM

The truth is, I like 99% of your opinions.

Otherwise, I would've already crushed you.

You're likely to get killed when Carolyn's family finds out. I don't want that.

Not the delivery.

If you haven't done anything outwardly hateful... if I believe you really are that stupid, I'll be nice.

----------------------------------------------------------

Dunno who Carolyn is................but I'm betting her friends and family wouldn't shit on her memory by harming some random internet person in her name. Normal ppl dont act that way, yo.

And of COURSE I'm Caleb - wasnt too hard to throw you off the trail LoLz! I've been working with Terrance, , SACC, FCPD, The Patch, Wooodson, the FBI, your wife, Aunt Betty, and the POTUS to all try and get you banned from Sandburg Middle School. Dept of the Navy has been working on this mission at least 4 years now dontcha know :)

pic unrelated
Attachments:
steps-to-determine-the-factual-content-of-a-statement.jpg

Posted by: Hrrrmmm ()
Date: June 04, 2012 08:33AM

So, if ANY of this is infact true, why is it that this lunatic is allowed to remain free?

Let's take a closer, but simple look.

It's been documented above that he is bi-polar, off his medication and that he may be using narcotics. Not sure of the source of this information, but scary stuff.

He caused a problem at a local school due to his delusions.

He has since goone on a public forum and further caused harm by his harassment.

He is threatening other poeple and has proven to far gone to understand his own threats.

Lastly, at this time, he has not been stopped.

Obviously, the police are watching him, waiting for him to act out so that they can arrest him.

With all the attention this man (and I use the term "man" very loosely here) has drawn to himself fr4om the public, there is no way authorities will let this psychopathic scumbag cause anyone any phsyical harm. They are probably forced to wait it out, watch him and then finally arrest the guy once he makes his move. Whatever move that may be.

Hopefully, for his well being and others, he gets the professional help he needs before this goes further. If it does go further, I believe the police will take him down before he gets the chance to hurt someone or himself.

Posted by: voice of reason ()
Date: June 04, 2012 08:37AM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> Dunno who Carolyn is................but I'm
> betting her friends and family wouldn't shit on
> her memory by harming some random internet person
> in her name. Normal ppl dont act that way, yo.

Allow me to provide some insight.

According to Facebook posts he later hid/took down, apparently he knows the people involved in the Braddock/Twinbrook motorcycle accident. Carolyn is one of the accident victims who lived.

When this whole dancing guy thing started, these Facebook friends of Scott expressed dissatisfaction with how the Twinbrook incident was discussed on FairfaxUnderground during the brief time his Facebook posts on this were public (after he pointed us readers there, then called us fools and idiots for not picking up on it. I did, which is how I know the above).

What I believe Scott is saying is that he has quotes from you in those threads saying unfavorable things about the victims or the circumstances, and that if those people had your identity (which he will provide) then you should be fearful of the retribution they will visit on you for comments regarding the Twinbrook incident.

In other words, his motivation in trying to out you is so that others will visit physical violence on you in retribution for comments posted here on the incident.

------------------------------------------------------------
To: Gordon Blvd
Subject: It's in your best interests.
Date: 06/04/2012 12:29AM

You're likely to get killed when Carolyn's family finds out.
------------------------------------------------------------

That is a death threat, knowingly giving information to others who he believes will react with deadly violence if they had the information. There is no "ohh, that was a cartoon cat with the gun!" backpedaling, he clearly states his belief that a known outcome of his effort will be someone being hurt or killed.

To any of Scott's friends reading this: I suggest you inform your friend that threatening people here on your behalf isn't in your interest. Scott has expressed his belief that if he provides personal information on this person he suspects is behind his troubles that you, those friends or family and perhaps victims themselves of that terrible incident, will find that person and hurt or kill him/her.

Scott is exhibiting erratic, deranged behavior (just look at the times he posts... all day and all night), and is posting information about people who have nothing to do with this. If you are in fact the type of people who will in fact hurt or kill, please know that Scott's "computer" skill level prevented him from circumventing a very simple trick in his first thread that prevented him from posting. His "skills" in finding identities of people are not credible, and your actions based on his recommendations will not be based on facts or anything real.

Posted by: postpoppunk ()
Date: June 04, 2012 08:43AM

Edited because I had wrong thread...continue on --- nothing to see here.

A Minor Threat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2012 04:33PM by postpoppunk.

what's funny is that I've never even seen the facebook page LoLz
Date: June 04, 2012 08:54AM

wow, the accident where the lady in the Camry turned into the path of a bike train, right? Well, I dunno what the quotes are but I didnt say crap bad about anybody involved with that. * In fact, here's the link (the * represents the 3 minutes it took to find it LoLz) http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/626407/626690.html - and yeah, the lady in the Camry cut off a road train dont know what I said that would cause anybody involved in that crash to want to do anything to me, and I bet all involved in that crash would say the same. I stand by anything said on that thread. Both cagers and bikers (and cyclists and pedestrians) ALL need to watch for one another.
Anywho, Death threats are all fun and everything, but I was getting them 5 times a day this last year so it's really nothing new and HOLY SHIT!!!!!

HOLY SHIT!!

DO YOU PEOPLE REALIZE THAT THIS GUY WAS TARGETING THIS CALEB GUY FOR DEATH LAST NIGHT!! SOME GUY WHO KNOWS SHIT ABOUT THIS WAS GETTING TARGETED FOR FUCKING DEATH!!!! All cause 2Con thinks "Gordon Blvd" is the booga-man.............

edit : Imagine if this donk had actually the means to have done something to "Caleb" last night....................and I bet that sort of crap happens a lot. You will be walking to your car one day and some crazy person hits you randomly in the head with a brick cause he thinks yr "Gordon Blvd" ( or whatever booga-man they have in their head......................just creepy to realize, eh?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2012 08:57AM by Gordon Blvd.

Re: what's funny is that I've never even seen the facebook page LoLz
Date: June 04, 2012 08:56AM

@post - nah, that was the accident on Sat - they are talking about the one last year.
You know, since we are on the subject ..............

this was the commercial that woke me up to what bikers deal with. And you will see it happen to them ALL THE TIME once you realize it's happening :(

Posted by: Carolyn's Ghost ()
Date: June 04, 2012 09:00AM

Scott, you are still an idiot.

Posted by: BackInTime ()
Date: June 05, 2012 02:24PM

I'm Caleb and I've gone back in time to revive this original thread.

Posted by: Not Gordon ()
Date: June 05, 2012 05:16PM

Scott's 15 minutes of fame are rapidly running out. Anyone betting that a Sniper from the Fairfax county Police Dept will take out this poor SOB?

Posted by: 2crazy ()
Date: June 05, 2012 05:20PM

Not Gordon Wrote:
> Scott's 15 minutes of fame are rapidly running
> out. Anyone betting that a Sniper from the Fairfax
> county Police Dept will take out this poor SOB?

I've already created a Google News alert with Scott's name... I have a feeling this will not end well.

in all seriousness
Date: June 05, 2012 05:35PM

is there anybody reading this who has a kid that goes to Sandburg? How do ya feel about what's going down?

Date: June 05, 2012 07:50PM

Yes, how did it?

I'm wondering if anyone at the school was even aware.

Posted by: crazy as a loon ()
Date: June 06, 2012 10:34PM

2concerned Wrote:
> This person has been identified. He did, in fact,
> have reason to be at the school.
>
> I'll probably never know what happened... it was
> clear that he was distressed in some way, but my
> deeper worries have been resolved.
>
> The incident is being reviewed by Fairfax. It's
> my hope that if there wasn't a policy to prevent
> something like this from happening, or at least to
> report it, that there will be, by the time the
> review is conducted. Having two children in FCPS
> and SACC, I do intend to see the matter through,
> but policy review does take time.
>
> My thanks to those who provided intelligent
> replies, and helped this matter receive the
> attention that I felt it needed.

He was distressed becuase some whack-job is filming him at his child's school. You talk constantly about being a concerned parent and doing all these things to protect your child from others. Has it occurred to you for even one instant how your behavior is being perceived by the other parents. There are definately threats to the children and the other parents at this school. The perpetrator is YOU. Check your aggressions and attitude of other parents, nevermind what this man's situation is. Spend a little more time worrying about the parent YOU are being and never mind the other parents. You having a child of your own should be utterly embarrassed with your conduct regarding trying to remove another child from their family and attempt to have their parents arrested. If you were half as concerned about the event your child is in rather that the parents in the parking lot maybe you would have a nice home video of your child at teh event. Instead you have a video of another parent dancing and a restraining order to show for it. Perhaps things around you wouldnt be so suspicious if you stop huffing bath salts.

Posted by: Total idiot ()
Date: June 08, 2012 08:29AM

Ne does not huff bath salts you damn fool.

Date: June 08, 2012 08:33AM

yeah, crazy............it's Meth he's using, not bath salts. Dont get it twisted :)

Posted by: FBO ()
Date: June 08, 2012 09:58AM

Not Gordon Wrote:
> Scott's 15 minutes of fame are rapidly running
> out. Anyone betting that a Sniper from the Fairfax
> county Police Dept will take out this poor SOB?

How well can they shoot?

Because of where he lives, I wouldn't take a long range shot so I would go with a .300blk round instead of the traditional .308. Now if Im a SWAT equivalent, then I would not go with a .300 AR, but maybe a Savage 10fp action in a McMillan precision bedded stock. With the right glass, that should give me 1/4 MOA under 300yards. For this shot, I would also not go suppressed as there is no advantage gained from going quiet.

So, hypothetically assuming that gear loadout, and proper training, yes, I would take the bet that any shot attempted would result in pink mist.

My understanding is that the FFX boys are very good.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I say "fuck" a lot...

Posted by: Joe Friday ()
Date: June 09, 2012 12:56PM

2concerned Wrote:
> Stay tuned... you're gonna like what I'm working
> on, Mr. Yarborough.
>
> Or at least, I assume your students will.

Bump. So everyone can keep track.

Posted by: grouper ()
Date: June 24, 2012 07:18PM

Joe Friday Wrote:

>
> Bump. So everyone can keep track.

Bump. So everyone can keep laughing.

Date: June 29, 2012 08:46PM

2concerned Wrote:
> On 5/19/2012, during an extra-curricular event at
> Carl Sandberg in Fairfax County, VA, I witnessed
> this gentleman in the parking lot of the school.
>
> At first, I didn’t pay attention – he was
> engaging other people. But, when I came back
> outside, he was slowly “cruising” the parking,
> playing Reggae at very high volume. At one point,
> he stopped, got out, and danced for me while I
> filmed.
>
> Back in his car, he resumed cruising, taking
> breaks to do what I’ll describe as “low-speed
> donuts” in the more crowded sections of the lot.
> At one point, he stopped again, and informed me
> that I “would not infringe his right to worship
> Jesus”, though I don’t believe I’d tried
> before then.
>
> I called 911, and kept an eye until Police
> responded. Police interviewed him, determined that
> he did not pose a threat, but directed him to park
> his vehicle, and keep the music volume down.
>
> Later, during the finale of the event, this man
> danced on stage to join a performing Drum Corps,
> danced with the professional performers, then
> danced off the stage. The county officials that he
> passed had all assumed that he was part of the
> even – I was one of three adults that took
> notice, alerted staff, and “kept an eye” until
> he was safely away from the children. I was not
> able to film this event – my batteries were
> spent in the parking lot, but it occurred in front
> of hundreds of witnesses.
>
> Still later, he identified me in the auditorium as
> the person who had “called the Police.” That
> is why, upon leaving, and seeing him rolling
> toward me slowly in the parking lot, my concern
> was for my own child.
>
> It only later occurred to me: The man had told
> both the Police and the Fairfax County staff that
> he had a child in the performance. If this is the
> case, I would reason that he was the only guardian
> adult for that child. I called the non-emergency
> number on Saturday night, but because he had been
> “cleared” by Police, and the incident had not
> been reported by County officials, there was
> nothing he could do. Unable to even call, to see
> if they were okay, I asked if he could forward it
> to Social Services, or some similar Department.
> “No,” he said. “Could I?”, I asked.
> “Yes, but they won’t be able to do anything,
> either.”
>
> “Thanks for calling and have a pleasant
> evening…”
>
> I DO NOT KNOW if this person was having a drug
> interaction, a medical emergency, or some other
> issue, but I won’t be able to rest until I know
> that he and the child are okay, or being looked
> after.
>
> I do not want to cause anyone embarrassment. I
> spent quite a while deciding what to do, and I
> hope the individuals involved will understand and
> appreciate my concern for their child.
>
> I realize that my concern seems to be an
> “outlier” here, but I only hope that you’ll
> find my judgement regarding - and handling of -
> this matter to be reasonable.
>
> THANKS!
>
> So far, I have contacted, or attempted to contact
> the FCPS Superintendent, the Police, and a host of
> others. I've gotten one reply, from the
> Superintendent's office that told me the matter
> was being "handed off", with no promise to contact
> me at all, or confirm that the incident was being
> investigated.

How did this end? I'm having trouble keeping up.

Posted by: JenK ()
Date: June 29, 2012 08:49PM

End? ROTFL....sorry, sorry, I thought you asked how this ended.

sad...........but inevitable it looks like :(
Date: June 29, 2012 09:07PM

Oh, I think we all know the end of this story...................

pic unrelated
Attachments:
homeless guy.jpg

Posted by: Outta here ()
Date: June 29, 2012 09:23PM

Great, the redneck tag team appears again to keep this thread going....

Date: June 29, 2012 09:25PM

Outta here Wrote:
> Great, the redneck tag team appears again to keep
> this thread going....

UH OH!! Someone sounds a little.............
Attachments:
butthurt.jpg

Date: June 29, 2012 09:32PM

@outta here...Rednecks are some of the most decent, caring people on earth. They don't need the uppidy (sp?) shit others express. What you see is what you get. I find it kinda refreshing.

Posted by: NBF ()
Date: July 08, 2012 08:13PM

At least he didnt have his pants halfway down like those other dumb niggers you see on route 1

Posted by: question?? ()
Date: July 09, 2012 11:19AM

I have been out of town for the last ten days. Did 2concernen bite the dust?

Posted by: he banned ()
Date: July 09, 2012 11:43AM

he been banned

Posted by: 2con was hacking the site ()
Date: July 09, 2012 11:44AM

2concerned was hacking the site and posting malicious content on here. Cary banned his ass back to Bellevue.

Posted by: everyone ()
Date: July 10, 2012 03:46AM

2concerned....stfu

Posted by: My name is Eli ()
Date: October 16, 2012 05:14PM

What is this all about? I'm new here...

Posted by: Joe Lee ()
Date: October 16, 2012 06:42PM

Damn what is the name of that officer with the fine ass?

Date: October 21, 2012 12:11PM

Scott? Is that you by the Herndon library picking up cans?

Posted by: MVHS ()
Date: October 22, 2012 11:07AM

I'm guess that is Officer Hearn (not sure of spelling)

Posted by: alvarezje ()
Date: October 22, 2012 07:54PM

2concerned, you still fail to notice why nobody in the chain of command gave you the time of day.

you're the nutbag here. quit being such a busy-body. no surprise you got your shit in a wad because of a black guy playing reggae music. HE MUST BE ON DRUGS!

welocme to northern virginia where white people get uncomfortable around people that don't look like them.

Posted by: c0w_cult ()
Date: October 23, 2012 07:28AM

You're a little slow in the head, aren't you? This party ended months ago.

Posted by: 2comcerned ()
Date: December 28, 2012 03:50PM

In fact, if this weren't about my child's safety, I'd be LMAO.

edit by Cary: Impersonation account disabled. Impersonation prohibited.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2012 03:58PM by Cary.

Posted by: LookThere'sAnotherIdiot ()
Date: December 30, 2012 03:39PM

You're an idiot. High and mighty thinking you are protecting your community by making assumptions off of incomplete information. Oh noes, a parent got jiggy with it. Lighten up and learn to enjoy life. So you overrreacted and called the cops. They investigated and that still wasn't enough for you. you have trust issues and your ignorant.

That is why no one likes you. You're an ignorant idiot that thinks you are being smart but in fact you are just being a douche.

Posted by: vb ()
Date: May 09, 2013 10:49PM

ok

Date: May 09, 2013 11:53PM

LookThere'sAnotherIdiot Wrote:
> You're an idiot. High and mighty thinking you are
> protecting your community by making assumptions
> off of incomplete information. Oh noes, a parent
> got jiggy with it. Lighten up and learn to enjoy
> life. So you overrreacted and called the cops.
> They investigated and that still wasn't enough for
> you. you have trust issues and your ignorant.
>
> That is why no one likes you. You're an ignorant
> idiot that thinks you are being smart but in fact
> you are just being a douche.

Well, I knew this would get "bumped" since I made an appearance tonight.

First: I DO NOT CARE IF ANYONE LIKES ME.

I care about my family, and the safety of the kids at Fairfax County Schools.

Second: IT WAS NEVER ABOUT "THIS GUY"

Everyone wants to take it all out of context (Fred Ellis even took it so far as to portray me as being racially-motivated), which is fine, but I was worried about what the situation said about security. This was before the Newtown incident, which was inevitable, and I wanted to know that SOME thought was being given to security at FCPS.

The guy was behaving erratically and dangerously in the parking lot. The Police told him he needed to stop, and either leave or go inside. He went inside and popped up two hours later where nobody expected him to be. I have no problem with HIM... I have a problem with the situation, and how it might've played out the next time, with a different erratic and possibly dangerous adult. The guy had been screaming about religion in front of the school -- if he'd been Muslim instead of Christian, I'm sure that half of the idiots who post here would've called the Police long before I observed his dangerous behavior in the parking lot.

Since this incident, changes were made. SACC no longer allows unknown adults to mix freely with the kids. If they can't provide any sort of security, they don't hold an event. Yes, there was a significant downside last year, since there were no events to which adults were invited, but I'll make that trade-off if it'll keep my kids safer.

And yes, it cost me a lot. If I had it to do over, I'd do it all differently, and I'd put a lot less trust in the people who I trusted before. I was given a lot of bad information from people here, and from people in my real life. I was lied to, I was manipulated, and I was discredited by a family member who's only interest seems to be the fear that I'll spill her "deep, dark" secret.

During this, I was given legitimate reason to be frightened, and I was disparaged at every turn. I had a "journalist" neighbor posting twisted versions of conversations that she picked up second-hand, which had me truly paranoid about how they were getting the information.

But, changes needed to be made, and if FCPS can use the pathetic excuse that I was the crazy/dangerous person that they're trying to protect children from, then that's something I'll just have to live with. My motivation never deviated from keeping my family (and the other kids, by proxy) safe. Again, yes, I made mistakes.

At any rate, I do believe that the children who attend SACC today are safer than they were a year ago. If "Newtown" had happened here, and I'd done nothing when I saw the problem, I doubt that I could live with myself now. I still have Police-inspired nightmares. I'll always have "trust issues". But, I did the best that I could, given the spiraling issues of fear and sleep-deprivation in the face of death-threats that I was getting at the time. There are scars that I'll wear for life, and I'll do so quietly, but secure in the knowledge that I did SOMETHING.

I did the best that I could, and I'm willing to own up to my mistakes.

Posted by: Negroponte ()
Date: May 09, 2013 11:59PM

tl;dr cry me a river perv

Date: May 10, 2013 12:25AM

BTW, I will "re-charge" Principal Yarborough with "incompetence".

Please negate all of the apologies that I previously posted.

He (as I now have reason to believe) was directed by Fred Ellis to not speak with me... this was immediately after Fred Ellis refered me to Principal Yarborough for more information.

I called the school almost every day for two weeks (after an extended "break") before someone at that office told me that Terrence was directed to not speak with me. The direction came (I was told) from Fred Ellis.

If these guys had just played-it-straight instead of playing games, I'm sure things would've been MUCH more simple.

All I ever wanted was answers. Principal Yarborough (per Fred Ellis) said there was no issue, so no investigation/answer was warranted. Terrrence Yarborough had no responsibility for the issue (FCPS disavows SACC) and had no direct knowledge of the incident (per Fred Ellis), so I still wonder how it makes sense to anyone that someone who isn't resposible can declare anything to be a non-incident?

I know for a fact that Fred Ellis has taken my statements out of context, and given his history as a FCPD employee, he has full knowledge of how the system can be manipulated.

So, we ended up with increased security at a school that I had no interest in visiting, a SWAT-type situation at my house, and absolutely no answers with regard to the real situation.

In the end, they made changes that were overdue in the first place. I cannot explain the interim. But, these are your tax dollars

Date: May 10, 2013 12:47AM

adding: "at work."

for the "bump".

Date: May 10, 2013 12:54AM

Attachments:
FE_DA_ChildDanger_051012.jpg

Posted by: gull-ton for punishment ()
Date: May 10, 2013 12:59AM

now you're just begging for attention

Date: May 10, 2013 01:29AM

gull-ton for punishment Wrote:
> now you're just begging for attention

You catch on pretty fast.

Thank you for giving me what I wanted.

Date: May 10, 2013 01:35AM

FWIW, this is one of the people who called me with a "death threat". He/She/It wasn't the only one, but...
Attachments:
Megg1.jpg

Date: May 10, 2013 01:40AM

no just pointing out how pathetic you are being. people are less likely to respond to you once they see your purposeful attention whoring.

Date: May 10, 2013 01:40AM

which is why no one besides me has responded and you have had to resort to constantly bumping the thread every hour.

Date: May 10, 2013 01:48AM

> which is why no one besides me has responded and
> you have had to resort to constantly bumping the
> thread every hour.

By the time I'd be able to answer that question, I'll probably be sober, and at a loss for an explanation.

When you jump back into something a year later, armed with a ton of knowledge that you didn't have before, you feel compelled...

I doubt I'll touch this thread again after tonight.

I'll always be curious about who "Megg" was, though I suspect that Sharon knows.

Date: May 10, 2013 01:52AM

> no just pointing out how pathetic you are being.
> people are less likely to respond to you once they
> see your purposeful attention whoring.

I didn't see this at first.

You responded twice, and complained about me being "purposeful"?

I don't get it.

Yes, I've had an agenda from the very first post. It hasn't been a secret.

Actually, I guess I don't have an agenda now. FCPS/SACC has made changes, and I'm happy with them.

FFXU thinks I'm insane, and I'm okay with that.

So, what's your point?

Posted by: _Eyedea_ ()
Date: May 10, 2013 01:54AM

2concerned Wrote:
> gull-ton for punishment Wrote:
> -----
> > no just pointing out how pathetic you are
> being.
> > people are less likely to respond to you once
> they
> > see your purposeful attention whoring.
>
> I didn't see this at first.
>
> You responded twice, and complained about me being
> "purposeful"?
>
> I don't get it.
>
> Yes, I've had an agenda from the very first post.
> It hasn't been a secret.
>
> Actually, I guess I don't have an agenda now.
> FCPS/SACC has made changes, and I'm happy with
> them.
>
> FFXU thinks I'm insane, and I'm okay with that.
>
> So, what's your point?
Attachments:
ffxu.png

Date: May 10, 2013 01:54AM

i didnt even bother reading your wall o text

Date: May 10, 2013 01:58AM

> i didnt even bother reading your wall o text

I don't think "reading" is one of your skills, anyway.

No harm/No foul.

Date: May 10, 2013 02:03AM

that hurts coming from you

Date: May 10, 2013 02:11AM

BTW, this might be of more interest to you dolts:

If you go back to the very first post, you MIGHT be smart enough to figure out how much is stretched the image vertically to flatter the cop.

Date: May 10, 2013 02:23AM

Yeah, I got his wallet...
Attachments:
ffx celeb.jpg

Posted by: and then what happened? ()
Date: May 10, 2013 02:50AM

boring-marketing-content.jpg

Posted by: GordonBlvd ()
Date: May 10, 2013 04:32AM

So now you finally see... It wasn't my fault after all.... LoLz...

Posted by: Wish Upon a Star... ()
Date: May 10, 2013 07:33AM

2concerned Wrote:
> gull-ton for punishment Wrote:
> -----
> > no just pointing out how pathetic you are
> being.
> > people are less likely to respond to you once
> they
> > see your purposeful attention whoring.
>
> I didn't see this at first.
>
> You responded twice, and complained about me being
> "purposeful"?
>
> I don't get it.
>
> Yes, I've had an agenda from the very first post.
> It hasn't been a secret.
>
> Actually, I guess I don't have an agenda now.
> FCPS/SACC has made changes, and I'm happy with
> them.
>
> FFXU thinks I'm insane, and I'm okay with that.
>
> So, what's your point?

I really wish someone from FFX county PD would just shoot you in the ass. God I would pay good money to see that.

He looks suspicious, He looks black
Posted by: Blah Blah Blah ()
Date: May 10, 2013 07:37AM

Damn, calling 911 because the dude is black. Get out much ?

Re: He looks suspicious, He looks black
Posted by: Wish Upon a Star... ()
Date: May 10, 2013 07:40AM

Blah Blah Blah Wrote:
> Damn, calling 911 because the dude is black. Get
> out much ?

Not just that, but because the brother was dancing and singing. Good thing Scott wasn't watching a Jay-Z video or he would have the whole SWAT team out there.

Date: May 10, 2013 07:47AM

Attachments:
no.gif

They release the 911 tape
Posted by: Blah Blah Blah ()
Date: May 10, 2013 07:50AM

Operator: 911, what's the nature of emergency.
OP: Operator, there's a black dude here and he looks happy and dancing...
Operator: He does what ?
OP: Dancing and he looks happy
Operator: But blacks dance and they are good at it.
OP: But he looks happy... Must be something wrong.

Posted by: Im leainggf ()
Date: July 03, 2013 06:08AM

2concerned is right

Posted by: More Clearer ()
Date: July 03, 2013 07:40AM

2concerned called because of what the guy was doing with his car in the school parking lot during an event.

The dancing came later.

I think the guy kept his clothes on the whole time, though.

Posted by: Sandburg PTA ()
Date: July 07, 2013 11:56PM

So did we ever figure out who this was?

Posted by: bumpit ()
Date: May 15, 2014 09:43AM

bumpit

Posted by: judgey mcjudger ()
Date: May 15, 2014 10:43AM

2concerned=donald sterling

Posted by: the legend continues ()
Date: October 20, 2014 12:57AM

part 2 coming soon, to a forum near you

Posted by: tooconcerned ()
Date: October 20, 2014 09:57AM

Fill us in. Another incident?

Posted by: 9hedK ()
Date: October 20, 2014 11:51AM

We gonna ride this ride again?

Posted by: Very interesting read ()
Date: June 26, 2015 06:33AM

Bump

Posted by: just wondering 92 ()
Date: June 26, 2015 06:17PM

Did they ever arrest that dancing nigger?

Posted by: Help a brother out ()
Date: May 16, 2017 09:20PM

HIS GONE NOW

Posted by: Not funny anymore ()
Date: November 23, 2019 04:52PM

A registered sex offender got into a school in Reston.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.