HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
which Fairfax County dept do I call about an abandoned house that's falling apart? (abandoned in excess of 30 years)
Posted by: Corben ()
Date: April 23, 2008 08:27PM

which Fairfax County dept do I call about an abandoned house that's falling apart? (abandoned in excess of 30 years) Thanks! :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: which Fairfax County dept do I call about an abandoned house that's falling apart? (abandoned in excess of 30 years)
Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: April 23, 2008 08:52PM

they probably know about it. Call the building inspector if you think it is dangerous. Call the Health Dept if there is rats etc. Check the tax rolls to see who owns the property - you can do that on the internet.

Call Gravis, have a beer or 14 and talk about it.

Re: which Fairfax County dept do I call about an abandoned house that's falling apart? (abandoned in excess of 30 years)
Posted by: Latin Europe ()
Date: April 23, 2008 09:09PM

Call ice they will help you out

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: April 24, 2008 03:52PM

call the fire department... after you set it on fire.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: April 25, 2008 09:14AM

I thought there was a program where abandoned houses are actually "control" burned (with the owner/county's consent) as practice exercises for the fire departments.

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: April 25, 2008 09:22AM

ITRADE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thought there was a program where abandoned
> houses are actually "control" burned (with the
> owner/county's consent) as practice exercises for
> the fire departments.

Can we have Gravis run in one? We will tell him a cat needs rescuing...

Posted by: MBF ()
Date: April 25, 2008 09:51AM

Blight Abatement 703-246-5179

or Zoning Enforcement 703-324-1300

They'll either open a new case or tell you the status of a current case.

Posted by: Edo ()
Date: May 17, 2008 06:19PM

This sounds interesting! Where is the house located? My mates and I are dying for some good urban exploration.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.