HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
106.7 the fan 2-7pm
Posted by: Yep ()
Date: May 15, 2012 10:53PM

Ok so I know that there are already like 10 threads on this, but seriously when will 106.7 the fan finally slice up the 2-7 time slot and add another show to the lineup? They did it with Wise's show (thank god) and they added Danny and Holden which is awesome. They need to do the same with Chad and Lavar. Chad is a good radio host when he doesnt have to talk sports all the time, and Lavar is, well I'm sure he is a nice guy but from reading the other threads most people dont think he can do radio. They should get someone who has good chemistry with Chad ( I would say Danny but he already has a show now) and give him a show and then find someone who can do a show with lavar for only a 2 hour slot.

2-7 with these two trying to force sports talk everyday is just not cutting it.

The Junkies are good because they are able to talk about other things besides sports and that is what keeps the show fresh and entertaining.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 106.7 the fan 2-7pm
Posted by: steve k2 ()
Date: May 15, 2012 11:56PM

Lavar is far better than people give him credit for. I think Lavar and Dukes have great chemistry and are by far the best on 106.7

Posted by: Brian Crane ()
Date: May 16, 2012 12:24AM

Lavar and Dukes! I LIVE FOR THIS!

Posted by: D. Lusional ()
Date: May 16, 2012 12:37AM

steve k2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lavar is far better than people give him credit
> for. I think Lavar and Dukes have great chemistry
> and are by far the best on 106.7

Wow! Can you tell me where I can get some of whatever you are on?

Posted by: MyEarsMyEars ()
Date: May 16, 2012 12:42AM

I don't know how you guys listen to this crap. DC area radio is a wasteland. DC area sports radio is the waste that they throw out of that land. lol

Posted by: chadreallysucks ()
Date: May 16, 2012 02:43AM

Lavar and dukes is terrible.

When either of them is not on the show is much better.

Lavar is tolerable when Chad isnt the cohost and its someone who will reign his rants in and end them. Chad is okay when Lavar isnt there as long as sports arent being talked.

Lavar isnt getting fired (unfortunately) but the slot could do a lot better with any number of their shows moved to it. Since Lavar isnt being fired Chad needs to go. Get someone who knows what theyre talking about and actually is respectable for sports and Lavar will back off some. Its clear he has no respect for Chad and feels the need to chime in on everything thinking chad will stay stupid things, and he does.

More importantly they need someone who actually knows sports. Listening to Lavar and Chad talk redskins is pain, caps even moreso, but listening to them try and talk about the Nats or baseball is just pathetic. Its about as intelligent as someone who doesnt speak english randomly reading off words they just learned.

In reality they should both go and just get a new show. But since that isnt going to happen they need to replace chad as fast as possible or watch their ratings continue to wow no one.

Posted by: Whole station ()
Date: May 16, 2012 08:48AM

Just get rid of the whole station. Everything stinks except Danny and Holden. Lavar may be the worst radio guy I've ever heard. Stern Show Wack Pack member are better on a mic.

Date: May 16, 2012 11:24AM

How many co-hosts has Mike Wise run off now?

Posted by: realsportstalk ()
Date: May 16, 2012 12:18PM

Here is the thing, if you are going to listen to Lavar and Dukes because you like sports and want entertaining and knowledgeable sports talk, you probably shouldn't listen to that show. If you know sports it takes about 2-3 days of listening to realize that Chad & Lavar really have limited perspective in sports.If you think Lavar was a great player(hence u dont know football) love hearing about theoretical what ifs and dont like college sports outside of the conversation of whether or not they should be paid and dont like baseball than its the show for you. If you follow Chad on twitter you can tell he is not really interested in sports,during important caps games he is watching a movie or tweeting about wrestling. But to his credit he is good at his job and gets enough info from his producer to make himself look good enough on the air that for the most part he doesnt look foolish. There are times where its shows, mainly when taking phone calls but he is quick to hang up on those calls or just dismiss them and quickly move on. Lavar is extremly unprepared,I wont even bring up his verbal issues but he relies on his past experiences to explain nearly every issue and it gets old. Lavar doesnt pay attention either which is a whole seperate issue because he probably doesn't really care or like Chad(after the incident) you can tell when he isn't paying attention he will sigh heavily and say "its possible" or when the other week he got bryce harper and branden holtby confused when chad asked him a question. There are plenty of threads on here about it but Chad is trapped, he so desperatly wants to be on the air and be somebody he is willing to do what he knows is a horrible radio show and probably gets even more upset that people listen to it and think he is a sports guy, it really has to be a personal nightmare. Lavar is the same guy he was on the field, just does enough to get by. He had all the talent in the world but he didnt study, thought he knew more than the coachs and was eventually benched. He is the same on radio, woefully underprepaired, doesn't work at his craft(u think he listens to air checks to improve lol) and questions nearly everyone when they dont agree with him.

Posted by: TheNorthman ()
Date: May 16, 2012 12:20PM

LongTimeFirstTime Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How many co-hosts has Mike Wise run off now?

Well, we got Bill Rohland, Holden Kushner, Danny Ruhrier(?) at least. Mike Wise might be my least favorite person in radio.

I doubt Dukes is going anywhere is long as CK is program director there. Those two came up together. They both graduated high school in '97 and interned with the Junkies back on HFS. Back when BOAD were on air CK use to drop in studio all the time and shoot the shit with them.

After the whole IM-Fiasco Chad got a slap on the wrist. Granted Drab got sent to purgatory, but a year later he got a much better job, and I doubt that happens without CK's backing.

As much as everyone seems to hate the pairing I'm surprised they haven't been shuffled around.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.