HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Shooting today around 2:00 pm in the Fair Lakes area
Posted by: Carole ()
Date: April 19, 2008 11:15PM

Today I was at the INOVA ER facility near GMU in Fairfax City when a man was brought in with a shot to his neck...he was bleeding and his wife had driven him in. He was all splattered with blood. The story was that he had been robbed near either the GameKeeper or TGI Fridays and his wife drove from Burke and picked him up and brought him to the ER....very odd story -- police there for quite a while after the guy was transported elsewhere for treatment. The police said that there were no reports of gun fire or anything in the FairLakes area....wondering if anyone was in the area...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Shooting today around 2:00 pm in the Fair Lakes area
Posted by: hmm ()
Date: April 19, 2008 11:37PM

it's because fairfax is the new compton

Posted by: bleh ()
Date: April 20, 2008 12:33AM

Nope...no where around...but you sure are nosy! All up in people's conversations in the ER! LOL

Posted by: ilivethere ()
Date: April 20, 2008 02:07AM

I live directly across the street from Fridays. No gunshots, been home all day. If someone was shot in an area that busy it would be on the news.

Posted by: Lillibit ()
Date: April 20, 2008 06:21AM

I was driving on Fair Lakes Pkwy between 1:45 and 2:00 and right before you get to Stringfellow and the Paul Cheung Catholic church on the right hand side there were several police cars, two fire trucks and an ambulance at one of the townhouses. It was in the middle of the strip of houses and we wondered what the heck had gone down there because of all the cops. Must have been it.

Posted by: Native ()
Date: April 20, 2008 11:48AM

ilivethere Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I live directly across the street from Fridays.
> No gunshots, been home all day. If someone was
> shot in an area that busy it would be on the news.

I used to live at Pendercreek, it sucks. You would think for $1500+ you would at least get a parking spot to yourself but no I always had to part across the street.

Date: April 20, 2008 11:52AM

Bleh - have you ever been to that ER facility? The waiting area is very small as is the actual ER area. It was impossible not to hear what the wife was telling the police and what the bloody man was telling the police. The police were taking freely and loudly. Nosy? It would have been impossible not to have heard the conversations. The guy was brought into the er through the main door and the people there really did not know what to do with him so he sat there splattered all over with blood and still bleeding...it was a scene. The place was packed with people waiting for x-rays -- As mentioned in my original post, the police did not think it was adding up.

As for the Lillibet post, the wife drove the guy from Fair Lakes to the ER facility in traffic on a Saturday afternoon. It is a strange story and a strange shooting to have occurred in Fair Lakes with no one hearing anything.

It did make the 5 hour wait for an x-ray go by faster discussing all the possibilities! LOL -- The theory that the wife shot him and that they made up the story seemed most likely. The police did keep them apart and she did not go with him in the ambulance.

Posted by: Steve K ()
Date: April 20, 2008 12:34PM

Get a life and mind your own business. The fact that you gossiped about it for 5 hours just shows how damn nosey you are.

Carole Wrote:
> Bleh - have you ever been to that ER facility?
> The waiting area is very small as is the actual ER
> area. It was impossible not to hear what the wife
> was telling the police and what the bloody man was
> telling the police. The police were taking freely
> and loudly. Nosy? It would have been impossible
> not to have heard the conversations. The guy was
> brought into the er through the main door and the
> people there really did not know what to do with
> him so he sat there splattered all over with blood
> and still bleeding...it was a scene. The place was
> packed with people waiting for x-rays -- As
> mentioned in my original post, the police did not
> think it was adding up.
>
> As for the Lillibet post, the wife drove the guy
> from Fair Lakes to the ER facility in traffic on a
> Saturday afternoon. It is a strange story and a
> strange shooting to have occurred in Fair Lakes
> with no one hearing anything.
>
> It did make the 5 hour wait for an x-ray go by
> faster discussing all the possibilities! LOL --
> The theory that the wife shot him and that they
> made up the story seemed most likely. The police
> did keep them apart and she did not go with him in
> the ambulance.

Date: April 20, 2008 01:52PM

Oh for God's sake -- it is just human nature to be curious when someone appears shot through the neck. You get a life. The topic is Fairfax and it happened in FAIRFAX so you get over it. Obviously you read the string so you are as much a gossip as anyone else.

Posted by: Steve K ()
Date: April 20, 2008 08:07PM

Well Carol when I see their is a shooting in Fair Lakes ofcourse I'm curious, but this is just gossip and a useless thread. Plus if you get shot through the neck you die.

Carole Wrote:
> Oh for God's sake -- it is just human nature to be
> curious when someone appears shot through the
> neck. You get a life. The topic is Fairfax and
> it happened in FAIRFAX so you get over it.
> Obviously you read the string so you are as much a
> gossip as anyone else.

Date: April 20, 2008 10:28PM

This guy didn't die and it isn't gossip it is only stating what was thought at the ER. Relaying information based on what the wife, shooting victim and police had to say.

Posted by: TRICKIE ()
Date: April 20, 2008 11:49PM

I have also been a patient in that emergency room. When they take you back there, you are not in a room. It';s just a bed and if you are lucky, they will pull the curtain around the bed. You can hear everything. I was there a few years ago with a terrible migraine that would not respond to medicine at home. They took me in the back room on a bed, hooked me up to a morphine drip and the place had all kinds of people right there just milling around. A teen girl was back there with her dad. She went to the school I was teaching at. She kept trying to talk to me while I was on morphine while waiting with her dad. I hoped my answers were normal! That place is tiny.

Posted by: MBF ()
Date: April 21, 2008 11:08AM

I'd link it if it were on the police website, but it isn't yet...

Armed Robbery in Fair Lakes Area

Police responded to a report of a possible robbery on Saturday, April 19 in the 12200 block of Fair Lakes Promenade Drive around 3:30 p.m. The victim, a 40-year-old Burke man, was approached by a man who pointed a gun at him and demanded money. The suspect fired the gun, grazing the victim in the head, and fled with an undisclosed amount of cash. The victim drove to the Inova Emergency Care Center and was treated for non life-threatening injuries. Police do not believe this was a random event and the investigation continues.

The suspect was described as white, in his 30s or 40s. He was approximately 5 feet 8 inches tall, 160 pounds with straight, medium-length, brown hair. He wore a long-sleeved shirt under a T-shirt, blue jeans and a black baseball hat.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Solvers by phone at 1-866-411-TIPS/8477, e-mail at www.fairfaxcrimesolvers.org or text “TIP187” plus your message to CRIMES/274637 or call Fairfax County Police at 703-691-2131.

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: April 21, 2008 03:45PM

> The suspect was described - He wore a long-sleeved
> shirt under a T-shirt
, blue jeans and a black
> baseball hat.

I wonder if this guy knows the plaid pants masturbator from the tanning salon?

Damn criminals can't dress themselves.

Posted by: tomahawk ()
Date: April 22, 2008 08:36AM

Don't Canadians dress like that? I bet he was an illegal Canadian immigrant!

Posted by: SaMiViMa ()
Date: April 22, 2008 10:10AM

Every time I have taken my children to that ER, we are in and out within an hour and a half to 2 hours. I like it better then Fairfax Hospital ER any day. Most of the time the staff is very nice. Sometimes we get the quiet bunch who do nothing to make you more comfortable. But, for the most part, they are all very nice and helpful. At least that's what I've experienced.

Posted by: Suburbanite ()
Date: April 22, 2008 10:37AM

The police do post reports about things like this:

Fairfax County Police Department
Public Information Office
4100 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax, Va. 22030
703-246-2253. TTY 703-204-2264. Fax 703-246-4253
FCPD-PIO@fairfaxcounty.gov
www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police
News Release: 08/110/1909/tjw/(8)
April 21, 2008

Armed Robbery in Fair Lakes Area

Police responded to a report of a possible robbery on Saturday, April 19 in the 12200 block of Fair Lakes Promenade Drive around 3:30 p.m. The victim, a 40-year-old Burke man, was approached by a man who pointed a gun at him and demanded money. The suspect fired the gun, grazing the victim in the head, and fled with an undisclosed amount of cash. The victim drove to the Inova Emergency Care Center and was treated for non life-threatening injuries. Police do not believe this was a random event and the investigation continues.

The suspect was described as white, in his 30s or 40s. He was approximately 5 feet 8 inches tall, 160 pounds with straight, medium-length, brown hair. He wore a long-sleeved shirt under a T-shirt, blue jeans and a black baseball hat.

Date: April 22, 2008 11:22AM

"Police do not believe this was a random event and the investigation continues."

The description of the "shooter" sounds like a skateboarder HA!

Posted by: frits ()
Date: April 23, 2008 10:36AM

where is compton? do you mean clifton? is/was that a high crime naborhood?

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: April 23, 2008 10:54AM

Sounds to me like the perp was shit-faced on TGI Friday's Jack Daniel's Sampler.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.