HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Realtors Are Paid Too Much and Are to Blame in PArt
Posted by: TRUE ECONOMIST ()
Date: April 18, 2008 07:21AM

Realtors get apid way too much.

At the most, they should receive 1.5% oft eh purcahse of a home.

They are basically former popular kids, a little fatter, more wrinkled and happy houred to death.

I love reading their stupid ads in Washingtonian, their stupid bill boards on trucks, etc. They are all trying to differentiate themselves in a homogeneous market.

WHo really needs them?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Realtors Are Paid Too Much and Are to Blame in PArt
Posted by: Lurker.. ()
Date: April 18, 2008 08:17AM

Most realtors I've met don't make that much. They are lucky if they sell a house every three months.

Posted by: quantum ()
Date: April 18, 2008 08:48AM

Realtors don't get paid too much. They only get paid to what they are entitled by way of contract. There might be some validity to the point that Realtors act in a collusive or anti-competitive fashion to fix agency fees at 6%, but there are a number of discount Realtors that calls that proposition into question. Like there is some anti-trust injury here and there - but that there remains freedom to contract in most areas. The fact is that it is a difficult profession with far too low barriers to entry, and the standard deviation in terms of skill among its participants is significant, to the detriment of the profession and their consumers. But I don't think a statement that Realtors get paid too much is probative of anything - if one thinks there services too costly - contract with them for less - and of course, assess the level of service while doing so.

Posted by: leeches ()
Date: April 18, 2008 09:15AM

Lurker.. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Most realtors I've met don't make that much. They
> are lucky if they sell a house every three months.

which suggests that there are way too many realtors and that the doubling of fee dollars in the area over the last few years has just been squandered in waste and duplication

which in terms indicates a structural market failure which probably needs judicial or regulatory intervention

Posted by: stinkypoon ()
Date: April 18, 2008 09:25AM

Realtors are sleazy, overpaid used house salesmen.

Posted by: Ha! ()
Date: April 18, 2008 11:05AM

Another thread to bash real estate agents.:) They do get paid way too fucking much. Look at the Long and Foster compound off 28. I mean really, WTF? Its not like they don't have enough EMPTY office buildings around here...

Posted by: glad ()
Date: April 18, 2008 01:48PM

Glad you guys could make sense of thread opener... it is written so poorly that it is a miracle anyone can identify the complaint. What does getting apid mean?

Posted by: Glad we have Glad here! ()
Date: April 18, 2008 02:00PM

Hey Glad,

Do you have an opinion on slacker ass real estate agents who get paid too much? Or do you just jerkoff to your computer waiting to comment on other peoples typos? You jackass.

Posted by: whatever leeches ()
Date: April 18, 2008 02:46PM

Did Leeches get himself a new name? I think Leeches is obsessed with how much money realtors make. Mind your own tax return or get your own real estate license so you can keep up with the Jones' and their incomes which seem to occupy a very large portion of your time.

MOre of the same old Blah, blah, blah.

If you spent as much time volunteering, or giving back to the community in some way as you do worrying about how much money real estate professionals make, you would be offering something of value to the community.

Date: April 18, 2008 03:12PM

whatever leeches Wrote:
> Did Leeches get himself a new name? I think
> Leeches is obsessed with how much money realtors
> make. Mind your own tax return or get your own
> real estate license so you can keep up with the
> Jones' and their incomes which seem to occupy a
> very large portion of your time.
>

:)

Oh - I think reducing the 'tax' that the public pays to the bloated inefficient real estate industry is a good cause

It doesn't bother me how much individual realtors earn - it does bother me how much money they and their industry collectively lift from the pockets of hard working people. A couple of realtors could earn billions for all I care, if and only if they operated in an efficient and cost-effective way. Millions of realtors leeching of the public and providing no value add is no way to run an economy.

6% is a scam - especially when house prices have risen so much

the reason I don't get a real estate license is the same reason I don't hold up banks, sell dodgy mortgages, smuggle people, burn slum tenants out of their homes, join the SB or mug little old ladies

there are much better ways of earning a pretty good legitimate living - especially around here

I've no intention of lining the pockets of the world's most inefficient industry - time for action to strip out the incredible structural inefficiencies of the last buggy-whip industry in america

Posted by: Office Professional ()
Date: April 18, 2008 03:15PM

"Real Estate Professionals"....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....nice job title for a business card. Does it have your glamour shot on it too? Get back to work. You jackass.

Posted by: whatever, whatever leeches. ()
Date: April 18, 2008 03:24PM

What have you volunteered for lately? What have you givin back to the community? Please share your wisdom with us...

Date: April 18, 2008 03:40PM

whatever, whatever leeches. Wrote:
> What have you volunteered for lately? What have
> you givin back to the community? Please share
> your wisdom with us...

:) if you knew, you'd know

Having a real job helps as well

I'm pretty happy that I'm well on the net positive side, rather than just picking the pockets of the unsuspecting

are you suggesting that being a realtor is some kind of public service?

Posted by: LAWBOY ()
Date: April 18, 2008 03:50PM

THEY TALK AND TALK AND TALK. BUT ONCE YOU HAVE GONE TO SETTLMENT, THERE IS NOT A DAMN THING YOU CAN DO TO THEM IN MOST INSTANCES.

TRY GOING TO ONE OF THEIR FUNCTIONS.

A BUNCH OF WRINKLED RAISNS DOING THE MACARENA.

LAUGHING TO THE BANK.....................

WE NEED TO UNITE AND DRIVE DOWN THEIR FEES>

Posted by: RESPA ()
Date: April 18, 2008 03:54PM

Most real estate professionals need to be investigated by the FBI for RESPA violations.

http://www.hud.gov/offices/hsg/sfh/res/respa_hm.cfm

Posted by: Joe H ()
Date: April 18, 2008 06:16PM

Please dont refer to yourself as TRUE ECONOMIST unless you take a few economics classes... You are making the rest of us look bad. The market determines prices and wages. Not realtors.

Date: April 18, 2008 06:26PM

That comment applies to you too, leeches. Actually, it applies to most people in here. I suppose you think gas companies are gouging and we have a right to cheaper, 1 dollar gas. Its called a price ceiling, and you can find many examples by doing a simple google search to see why this is bad.

Date: April 18, 2008 08:57PM

Joe H Wrote:
> That comment applies to you too, leeches.
> Actually, it applies to most people in here. I
> suppose you think gas companies are gouging and we
> have a right to cheaper, 1 dollar gas. Its called
> a price ceiling, and you can find many examples by
> doing a simple google search to see why this is
> bad.

All industries are subject to varying levels of legal and regulatory shaping to achieve national economic and social objectives - from not selling rotting meat and banning slavery to copper unbundling in the communications industry

The US model is to try minimal regulation first until a market failure or public harm such as price gouging occurs. (the problem with this strategy is that by the time you need to regulate the lobbyists are already getting fat)

I think its pretty clear that both are true in the real-estate industry

Does anyone seriously think that it costs $30k to sell a $500k house? or $60k to sell a $1M house? That's a not bad salary for a person for a whole year - there's just not a years worth of work involved. Having done it, I can attest to that - probably 2 weeks total for everyones REAL productive time (buyer and seller not included).

Petrol rises and falls with crude supply and demand (at least to some degree given risk premiums, strategic gaming, appropriate investment in refining capacity, not blowing up your plants by accident, currency fluctuations etc)

Realtor prices have stayed fixed at one percentage level through peaks and troughs, high market liquidity and low market liquidity.

The difference is that the structural rigidity in the market has kept % prices static, absolute prices doubling every few years and drawn huge numbers of additional players in.

Both public and individual realtors have had little opportunity for pricing pressure e.g. prices have escalating for the public and individual realtors claim not to be getting richer despite the industry massively increasing its revenue

That seems to be a market failure

That may not matter, except that the 6%'s get built up and built up through sucessive sales until they become a major element in the price of houses - which has the effect of sharpening and lengthening slumps and stalling national economic activity - and that's where we find ourselves.

If you assume prices will either fall or be pretty near static for some years to come - who has 30-60k to spend on the transaction unless they absolutely have to. They may spend 5k or 10k but 30-60 gets a lot of work done on your house,

So its not fair on consumers and its bad for the economy

Time to change

Date: April 19, 2008 10:10AM

I didnt even get through your whole post because it's not worth my time. Your logic is ridiculous. Obviously many people do think its worth 30k on a 500k house, or else they would not use a realtor. Its as simple as that. If people did not find it worth it, noone would get a realtor and their prices would fall. Thats great for you if you have the time to study real estate on your own to the point of making a huge investment or sale without a realtor. However, if one wishes their expertise, the cost is 6% or whatever they wish. What costs more to the average person, paying 6% for that expertise once or twice in their life, or spending 2 years and tons of fees learning the ins and outs of real estate?

Date: April 19, 2008 10:39AM

Joe H Wrote:
> I didnt even get through your whole post because
> it's not worth my time. Your logic is ridiculous.
> Obviously many people do think its worth 30k on a
> 500k house, or else they would not use a realtor.
> Its as simple as that. If people did not find it
> worth it, noone would get a realtor and their
> prices would fall. Thats great for you if you have
> the time to study real estate on your own to the
> point of making a huge investment or sale without
> a realtor. However, if one wishes their expertise,
> the cost is 6% or whatever they wish. What costs
> more to the average person, paying 6% for that
> expertise once or twice in their life, or spending
> 2 years and tons of fees learning the ins and outs
> of real estate?

what you're saying makes no sense

the corollary is that cars should have stayed at the same price relative to income as Henry Ford's first offering s because the only option purchasers had would be to learn how to build their own cars

the reality is that most sellers feel they have no choice because the its free for buyers to have buying agents - the market is stuck in a bad local minimum that's preventing proper market optimization and hence needs a kick

I'm not saying get rid of all realtors (I don't bake all my own bread) - just that the industry needs to be stripped of its crazy inefficiencies because they have real economic impacts

6% just does not reflect the real cost

Posted by: Expertise? ()
Date: April 20, 2008 12:14AM

Real estate agents don't have any real expertise...they take a fucking class, and took a stupid test..got a job with 30 other wannabes at weichert or long and foster..hoping to at least make a name for themselves. That doesn't make you an expert. A lawyer who doesn't practice law isn't an expert, in fact if he doesn't pass the State Bar he/she can't call themself attorney. Point is...he/she is not applying his/her education. Use it or lose it. A lot of bartenders and waiters you see are or were trying to sell houses. Does this real estate expert, serving up my Newcastle, have the experience and general knowledge at his fingertips to answer my every question..get me the deal I want..have all bases covered..have all conditions required in a timely fashion..will he be available at all times..for my every need? NO. You'll be lucky if you ever actually talk to your agent more than a few times. New home buyers are timid. Rightfully so too. With so much shiesty agents out there...who can blame em?

If its so tough to get a house sold...how much expertise does your average agent really have? And its not like every sale is the same..problems arise, snags, things that the agent should be in closing to experience so they've at least seen certain situations before. Or common fucking courtesy to their client. Half the time they don't go to the closing...they just call and make sure the right address is on their check. If they aren't getting any real time understanding the WHOLE PROCESS..then what expertise do they have?.....showing a house? LOL Come the fuck on...who can honestly stand up for a real estate agent.

Now, if they are selling, how much work is actually done by their processing team?..or whoever. Usually a disgruntled admin asst that is sick of agents who don't want to go through the motions, but still get the big payday. These assistants jump through all the hoops. They're the one's with real time work experience. They get cycled through pretty quickly though, agents drive them off like the plague.

Making business cards with your name and face doesn't make you an expert...it makes you a vain prick. They don't give a flying fuck as long as they get their commission check on time.

Posted by: Around the Block ()
Date: April 20, 2008 12:23AM

Go put some flyers on mailboxes..put your expansive expertise to work, putting you name and face on everyhouse in the neighborhood...hoping for a few desperate gullible souls. Don't forget to ask somebody to make copies for you. Joe H., you Jackass!

Posted by: SE ()
Date: April 20, 2008 12:31AM

Expertise? Wrote:
> Real estate agents don't have any real
> expertise...they take a fucking class, and took a
> stupid test

HAHAHA! Are you really serious??? I DARE you to take that "class" and "stupid" test....and tell me that it's not insane!! Judging by your vocabulary, I don't even think you would be of age to sit for the exam.

Anyone can take the class/PSI...the expertise comes from being in the business for years and knowing the ins and outs. Being able to still move houses in this sh*tty ass market we have right now. Believe it or not, there are a lot of "expert" realtors out there. It's the younger inexperienced agents in the business only looking to make a ton of cash (like myself...although I am only PT) that you all are bitching about =D

You all are just being haters!!

Posted by: Expertise? ()
Date: April 20, 2008 12:41AM

LOL Have fun waking up at noon on Monday...you douchebag real estate agent.

Posted by: HOLY SHIT.:) ()
Date: April 20, 2008 12:44AM

You just fucking told us all that you're a younger, worthless real estate agent with no experience. You know absolutely shit about nothing..talking out of your ass. You Jackass.

Posted by: Chicken Head ()
Date: April 20, 2008 12:53AM

I think what you were looking for was "You're all being haters." or "You are all being haters." or "Ya'll bein' haters yo!" Go find yourself a new career douchebag. Nobody needs an expert that calls people "haters".

Posted by: Hahahaha to SE ()
Date: April 20, 2008 01:07AM

If ANYONE can take the test then its not very prestigious is it?

Posted by: formerhick76 ()
Date: April 20, 2008 09:01AM

I'm convinced. I think I'll just go become a realtor and watch the checks come in.

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: April 20, 2008 09:44AM

A copuple of years ago while I was shopping in a Giant in Falls Church, I overheard a young ladys cell phone conversation. She was infront of me and while i tried to not overhear, everywhere I went she would appear still talking on the cell phone.

What was interesting was what she said. Obviously, she was a real estate agent. She told her friend that this area was so well educated and xx percentage of people had a college degree. She made reference to clients being smarter than her, but still very "nice".

She told her friend that she just moved here a couple months ago and she already has 3 one million dollar clients. I am tghinking to myself... The phone call comes in to a long and foster from somebody wanting to buy a million dollar house. "What do I do?" exclaims the lady in a orange jacket who answered the phone.... "Give the call to the new girl" exclaims the manager. I can see that...

So are real estate agents paid to much? Overall, probably not. The average agent makes a pitifully low remittance - but then again the average real estate agent only sells 2-3 houses a year. Are they paid to much in aggregate, hell yeah!

remember, this girl from Giant just moved to area, was barely 22 with no degree and was giving the rest of the real estate a run for the money.

Posted by: SE ()
Date: April 20, 2008 08:08PM

Hahahaha to SE Wrote:
> If ANYONE can take the test then its not very
> prestigious is it?

Did I say it was prestigious? No. I said to take it! =D

To the other people who responded with gay ass comments: I never said I was an expert. I said I am young, and inexperienced. I have marketing material with my picture why? Because it sells =D You're being typical Nova douchebags who hate on everyone that knows/has more than you do. Now go back down to your basement bedroom in your parents house and do some research on how to become a Realtor.

Posted by: dono ()
Date: April 21, 2008 12:15PM

If you dont want to pay a real estate agent dont. They only get paid what people want to pay them. Any other arguement is nonsense.

Want to sell your house? Call a title company they will provide you with a standard contract. Paint or buy a for sale sign and there you go. No broker. If a prospective buyer has a broker let them pay the commission.

I dont understand what the complaint is. Why is that hard? Of course it means you have to do the work but according to you, you will only have a couple weeks worth of work and you will save 30 grand. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Oh but then you would have to complain about how much someone else is paid to do their job.

ON another note, the commission is rarely kept by one person. Typically half would go to the company and the rest divided among the salespersons involved. The commission is taxed at 14% FICA (wages are half that) and lets not forget if you decide not to sell they get zero dollars for their work. If all that still seems to be a big rip off and you hate older people see above. Easy even for a smallbrain no?

Date: April 21, 2008 01:23PM

Thank you dono, for being the only person in here with some common sense.

Posted by: LOL ()
Date: April 21, 2008 02:50PM

SE, please stop commenting...you sound like an inexperienced jackass.

Joe H...you have no common sense whatsoever.

Thx.:)

Posted by: Glenross ()
Date: April 21, 2008 03:23PM

My friend works for a realty company. They're going to some award ceremony for themselves this week. Awards for what? How many foreclosures they're responsible for? Its like a big fraternity of assholes who like to play with each others ballsacks. They call each other and talk about how they're the biggest sales producers in the region...try not to suck too much dick tonight there, you big homos.

Posted by: Sleazy ()
Date: April 21, 2008 03:44PM

Posted by: Sleazy 2 ()
Date: April 21, 2008 03:45PM

Posted by: Sleazy 3 ()
Date: April 21, 2008 03:47PM

Posted by: YoungDumbfullofCum ()
Date: April 21, 2008 03:57PM

SE...you are a Jackass. You might have time in your Jewy Jewy day to pat yourself on the back but the rest of us are usually working for a living. Now get back to your homework so that test isn't so hard next time.

Posted by: Licensed ()
Date: April 21, 2008 05:03PM

You don't need much at all to become an agent. I mean really, it's not fucking brain surgery..

http://www.mortgagenewsdaily.com/real_estate_license/Virginia.asp

Posted by: Good Speller ()
Date: April 21, 2008 05:25PM

Glenross Wrote:
> My friend works for a realty company. They're
> going to some award ceremony for themselves this
> week. Awards for what? How many foreclosures
> they're responsible for? Its like a big
> fraternity of assholes who like to play with each
> others ballsacks. They call each other and talk
> about how they're the biggest sales producers in
> the region...try not to suck too much dick tonight
> there, you big homos.

You really think Realtors are the reason why there are so many foreclosures?

Moron.

It's retards (like you) who don't know how their loan works that lead to foreclosures. 100% financing and interest only doesn't mean free.

Here's an idea for you for the future. Choose to only type when you know what the hell you are talking about.

Posted by: You're so mad its funny.:) ()
Date: April 21, 2008 09:29PM

Are you still crying after work?

Posted by: Heh ()
Date: April 21, 2008 09:44PM

I blame the foreclosure mess on agents and loan officers who sold houses and subprime mortgages to people who they knew couldn't afford em. People that now can't qualify for loans. People like all the beaners getting run out of PWC. Who sold all those people their houses? They didn't find them by themselves. They must have been targeted by Spanish speaking REAL ESTATE AGENTS who wanted to cash in...knowing their dishwaser cousin couldn't afford to live in the $700,000 house they sold him.

Good Speller, you're a Jackass.

Posted by: Cave Girl ()
Date: April 21, 2008 10:03PM

Good Speller is mad over on the last real estate thread too. LOL All he does is cry and call people retarded. He should hear how smart he sounds calling people "retards".

Posted by: GET REAL ()
Date: April 21, 2008 10:40PM

When the market was hot, real estate agents were beyond arrogant. I am a seasoned real estate investor and can tell you that travelling to open houses I never received much courtesy.

They get paid alot of money with no fiduciary duty to purchasers (or sellers). For instance, it was not uncommon for an agent to advise me that they fed a loan officer and "could push it through".

I never revealed my profession. I let them talk - and it was alot of bullshit.

I hope they all starve and the consumer wakes up and only agrees to sell a home for 3 percent tops.

Screw them

Posted by: Agreed ()
Date: April 22, 2008 11:11AM

They are full of themselves...and are partly responsible for the foreclosure mess. Anybody who isn't keen to that is too young and ignorant to have an educated opinion.

Posted by: realtor envy ()
Date: April 22, 2008 01:00PM

My defination of a realtor:

Middle aged white female, hasn't worked in years, kids are grown, she likes decorationg and figures being a realtor would be a good way to stay busy and make a few bucks.

After a few sales she realizes that its a shitty job, no creativity needed, just shuffling paperwork and resolving disputes between unrealitic sellers and picky buyers.

She becomes cynical and turns into a bitch within one year on the job. Realtors, they are all the same! Trust me I have worked with the, for 22 years

Posted by: formerhick76 ()
Date: April 22, 2008 01:03PM

Lots of anger here over the marketplace working as consumers continue to choose Realtors.

I guess all the anti-Realtor folks are just godless socialists.

Posted by: HAPPY HOUR ANYONE? ()
Date: April 22, 2008 04:42PM

Most realtors take it in the ass when they get home at night. Look at those glamour shots and shit eating grins. Most look like they have a finger in the butt anyway. Only nose diving douchebags do that shit for a living...they like happy hour and 8 balls.

Date: April 22, 2008 05:37PM

If becoming a realtor is so easy and we make so much money...why doesn't everyone go out and get their license?

Also, I am going to restate it here again. Realtors and lenders aren't to blame for the foreclosures. It's the homeowners who signed their name on the dotted line and were too damn stupid/lazy to refinance their home before their ARM came to term.

Not a problem caused by the lenders or Realtors involved 3-5 years after the transaction closed.

You all are so bitter for a bunch of renters.

Date: April 22, 2008 08:00PM

Good Speller Wrote:
> If becoming a realtor is so easy and we make so
> much money...why doesn't everyone go out and get
> their license?
>
> Also, I am going to restate it here again.
> Realtors and lenders aren't to blame for the
> foreclosures. It's the homeowners who signed
> their name on the dotted line and were too damn
> stupid/lazy to refinance their home before their
> ARM came to term.
>
> Not a problem caused by the lenders or Realtors
> involved 3-5 years after the transaction closed.
>
> You all are so bitter for a bunch of renters.

Sorry but mis-information here - on FFXU believe it or not!

The VAST majority of forecluses are properties who interest rate has not adjusted. Remember, despite everything, interest rates are still damn low. Currentlky the prime interest rate is 5.25%.

I know these people did not qualigy for prime, but use that as a benchmark. Interest rates are damn, some would say artificially, low.

Date: April 22, 2008 08:04PM

GET REAL Wrote:
> When the market was hot, real estate agents were
> beyond arrogant. I am a seasoned real estate
> investor and can tell you that travelling to open
> houses I never received much courtesy.
>
> They get paid alot of money with no fiduciary duty
> to purchasers (or sellers). For instance, it was
> not uncommon for an agent to advise me that they
> fed a loan officer and "could push it through".
>
> I never revealed my profession. I let them talk -
> and it was alot of bullshit.
>
> I hope they all starve and the consumer wakes up
> and only agrees to sell a home for 3 percent
> tops.
>
> Screw them

You used the word "fiduciary". Real Estate agents dont know the word and never would use it if they did. It is a good word, though.

Posted by: Fuck my typos. ()
Date: April 23, 2008 01:12AM

Is that you again Good Speller?

Houses aren't apraising for what they used to for a reason...the agents were taking advantage of folks that don't understand what they're signing themselves in to...naive newlyweds, people who are finanacially strapped as it is...waiters, cleaning ladies and dishwashers..who rent the rest of the house to her peoples to afford the mortgage only 1 or 2 "qualified" for. When half the house/income gets deported they're foreclosed on. Because you know the rest of the house ain't gonna start making anymore money than they already do.

Oh..and the closing papers aren't explained the way they should be. Most of the time its just some licensed processor that says "Sign here..here and here....sign here..here and here..." Just sign where we put your name and you can have a house!:) Douchebags.

Yeah...they signed the papers..it is their fault..and you are the middle people telling em it'll all be alright when they refi. Oops...houses aren't going for what they used to anymore..people are losing money on the investment you douches are responsible for the buying and selling of these pieces of property. Northern Virginia hates you assholes cause they're stuck wherever they are for the durander. When they finally do sell the house they'll still be losing money. You pricks weren't providing a service, you ruined it for a lot of people.

There really should be stiffer requirements on becoming an agent. They all want to sound like economic brainiacs, but their heads are so full of shit they can't hear the sales bullshit coming out of their holes.

If you're qualified to sell a person the biggest investment they'll ever make, you should be treating as such. Not just another pay day. Thats whats wrong with agents. They truly just don't give a fuck. All they want is their check.

Posted by: ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ()
Date: April 23, 2008 01:24AM

Houses aren't being appraised the same because during the boom, agents and L/O's leaned on the appraisers to jack up the cost, which in turn made their pockets fatter. Now that the market has turned, the appraisers are all being looked by at by peeps like RESPA and the FBI for saying a $800,000 is a cool Million. Now they're appraising houses at what they really should be. The agents and loan officers definately took advantage...all the way to the bank. I hope they burn, not all of em...just the ones who defend their profession. I have no beef with a prick who knows he's an asshole.;)

Date: April 23, 2008 04:09PM

Houses are worth what the buying public will pay for them.

The realtors, lenders, and appraisers don't hold guns to people's heads to buy houses.

Funny that a bunch of renters have such passion when talking about real estate and homeownership.

Date: April 23, 2008 04:52PM

Good Speller, if you are trying to make a point, dont waste your time. This guy just likes calling people a "jackass" and will argue, whether he believes his crap or not, because its kinda funny getting people angry when youre in high school. Even now, its a little funny.
But anyways, yes, you are correct, the market determines prices and no one is to blame but the folks who over-extended themselves. It is not required by law to use a realtor so people should stop whining. I wish a Ferrari didnt cost so much - we should all get them for free.

Posted by: Douche ()
Date: April 23, 2008 05:01PM

I said GOOD SPELLER was a Jackass. Joe H is the one with no common sense.

Date: April 23, 2008 05:07PM

Good Speller Wrote:
> If becoming a realtor is so easy and we make so
> much money...why doesn't everyone go out and get
> their license?

People are doing that and it's pissing all the other realtors off because their easy gig is becoming marginalized.

>
> Also, I am going to restate it here again.
> Realtors and lenders aren't to blame for the
> foreclosures. It's the homeowners who signed
> their name on the dotted line and were too damn
> stupid/lazy to refinance their home before their
> ARM came to term.
>

Bullshit. Every sleazy realtor in 2004 til now was running around telling people "now's the time to buy, don't be priced out". Every sleazy lender was offering loans that were for 10x the borrower's salary and offering massive cash-back incentives that were tacked on to the loans. I agree the buyers were stupid and should lose their houses, but don't try to defend your fellow cockroaches.

> Not a problem caused by the lenders or Realtors
> involved 3-5 years after the transaction closed.
>
> You all are so bitter for a bunch of renters.

We're not bitter, you are. Your industry has helped create the most frightening economic situation this country has seen in 70 years. Everybody is pointing fingers, of course, but overpaid used house salesmen made a KILLING off the bubble, charging tens of thousands of dollars for opening a couple of doors and making bullshit pitches about how the purchase of a house will provide security to the families and riches and all other kinds of bullshit.

Date: April 23, 2008 05:13PM

Fuck my typos. Wrote:
> Is that you again Good Speller?
>
> Houses aren't apraising for what they used to for
> a reason...the agents were taking advantage of
> folks that don't understand what they're signing
> themselves in to...naive newlyweds, people who are
> finanacially strapped as it is...waiters, cleaning
> ladies and dishwashers..who rent the rest of the
> house to her peoples to afford the mortgage only 1
> or 2 "qualified" for. When half the house/income
> gets deported they're foreclosed on. Because you
> know the rest of the house ain't gonna start
> making anymore money than they already do.
>
> Oh..and the closing papers aren't explained the
> way they should be. Most of the time its just
> some licensed processor that says "Sign here..here
> and here....sign here..here and here..." Just
> sign where we put your name and you can have a
> house!:) Douchebags.
>
> Yeah...they signed the papers..it is their
> fault..and you are the middle people telling em
> it'll all be alright when they refi.
> Oops...houses aren't going for what they used to
> anymore..people are losing money on the investment
> you douches are responsible for the buying and
> selling of these pieces of property. Northern
> Virginia hates you assholes cause they're stuck
> wherever they are for the durander. When they
> finally do sell the house they'll still be losing
> money. You pricks weren't providing a service,
> you ruined it for a lot of people.
>
> There really should be stiffer requirements on
> becoming an agent. They all want to sound like
> economic brainiacs, but their heads are so full of
> shit they can't hear the sales bullshit coming out
> of their holes.
>
> If you're qualified to sell a person the biggest
> investment they'll ever make, you should be
> treating as such. Not just another pay day.
> Thats whats wrong with agents. They truly just
> don't give a fuck. All they want is their check.

Wow. I couldn't have said it better.

Posted by: DOUBLE DOUCHE ()
Date: April 24, 2008 02:00PM

"Funny that a bunch of renters have such passion when talking about real estate and homeownership."

Bwahahahahahaha!

Stupid mother fucking renters!!!...with their school bills and bad credit and common sense NOT to buy an overpriced house.

Good Speller...you're still a douchebag.

Joe H...two words for you. Cause and effect. You Jackass.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.