HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 123AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 3
Shooting at Burke Target
Posted by: crazed ()
Date: May 01, 2012 12:19PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Shooting at Burke Target
Posted by: NovaFireBuff ()
Date: May 01, 2012 12:45PM

Fairfax County Fire Dispatch
Box : 1410
Channel : 4 Delta
Call : Shooting
Address : 10103 New Guinea Road
Units : E432, M432, EMS407, BC443
Update : 50 yr old female, single gunshot wound to head, M432 transporting to Fairfax Hospital with Traumatic CPR
Incident Scene was Cleared About 45 Mins Ago

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: May 01, 2012 01:12PM

Thanks for posting a duplicate thread on this, it was really needed and the whole Fairfax Underground community thanks you.

Posted by: crazed ()
Date: May 01, 2012 01:32PM

justsayin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for posting a duplicate thread on this, it
> was really needed and the whole Fairfax
> Underground community thanks you.
wow they posted a whole 2 minutes before me. STFU you mindless creature.

Posted by: Putterman ()
Date: May 01, 2012 01:39PM

@NovaFireBuff...is there a site where you can view/download the incident information?

I would think that the transport protocol for a GSW would be via Fairfax 1. Even at midday this has to be 15-20 minutes to Fairfax Hospital.

Interesting that the news article quotes the police as saying that there is no risk to the public. Any idea whether this was inside the store or outside near the railroad tracks? According to the WaPo, "The woman was found shot in the back of the store" which sounds like it was somewhere near electronics.

Posted by: wtooop ()
Date: May 01, 2012 01:42PM

Out of shampoo or toothpaste this time?

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: May 01, 2012 01:51PM

according to the patch, if you believe what was written in the comments section, it happened in the store and was some sorta suicide attempt maybe...........

Date: May 01, 2012 01:52PM

crazed Wrote:
> wow they posted a whole 2 minutes before me. STFU
> you mindless creature.

I was thanking you, why the hostility?

Posted by: seriously? ()
Date: May 01, 2012 01:57PM

Why would you try and kill yourself in Target?

Posted by: perspective ()
Date: May 01, 2012 01:58PM

Plenty of reasons, could be she was a former employee and lost her job or something.

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: May 01, 2012 02:01PM

Taking the name of the store a bit too literally.

Posted by: Cathy Curtis ()
Date: May 01, 2012 02:42PM

I live across the street from Target and a neighbor was there at the time. She said that the lady was caught shop lifting and had a concealed weapon. Maybe she had a criminal record and didn't want to have to go to prison.

Posted by: By stander ()
Date: May 01, 2012 03:02PM

Hopefully someone remembered to put a blanket on her

Date: May 01, 2012 03:02PM

@Cathy - if thats true, she shouldnt have been stealing in the first place.....and especially with a gun on her (an armed shoplifter.....that's kinda unusual, isnt it? I mean, around here, I mean.....)
@BEH - hardy har har
@perspective - if that's true, then we should be thanking her for popping herself and not being a complete nutcase and making this a CNN scene. Cause we could be all completely freaking out right now over some 10 dead deal, y'know?
@seriously - I couldnt even fathom why you would do such a thing - but you arent the only one wondering the exact same question when they heard this...........
@just-it's Fairfax on a day that ends in the letter "y" - that's why the hostility. ;)

Date: May 01, 2012 03:07PM

so lovely......if the comments section of Patch is to be believed, there's some kiddo out there right now dealing with having seen this happen right in front of her.

way to go, lady

Posted by: Oh the horror! ()
Date: May 01, 2012 03:16PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> so lovely......if the comments section of Patch is
> to be believed, there's some kiddo out there right
> now dealing with having seen this happen right in
> front of her.
>
> way to go, lady

Lol Gordon. Yeah the shit has hit the fan. Violence in Fairfax aka Disney World. No way :)

Posted by: raeyaaaaay ()
Date: May 01, 2012 03:42PM

A friend of mine was in the store when it happened, the woman was in the children's section and shot herself. It was a suicide. Regardless of how or why she died, you guys should be at least a little respectful of the situation. Your witty comments can be posted all over Facebook or Twitter or whatever to make fun of your friends, but a woman is dead. I send my condolences to her family and friends.

Posted by: Sad ()
Date: May 01, 2012 03:49PM

Very sad living in this county will do that to people. I feel bad for her family and friends.

Posted by: okay but ()
Date: May 01, 2012 03:51PM

raeyaaaaay Wrote:
> A friend of mine was in the store when it
> happened, the woman was in the children's section
> and shot herself. It was a suicide. Regardless of
> how or why she died, you guys should be at least a
> little respectful of the situation. Your witty
> comments can be posted all over Facebook or
> Twitter or whatever to make fun of your friends,
> but a woman is dead. I send my condolences to her
> family and friends.

If this is the case, yes I am sad about it. Yet I do not think its appropriate to do such a thing in the children's section. Suicide for whatever reason is selfish. Point blank. I feel sorry that this woman felt this was the only answer. But she could have thought, even if so low, in front of kids and families? Not cool sorry.

Posted by: lovedesign ()
Date: May 01, 2012 03:51PM

There is no compassion these days. Yes it is horrible a little girl witnessed it and yes it's too bad she didn't do it at home. Unfortunately, some people don't see a way out. If she was stealing,and got caught maybe it was her way of ending a situation that she didn't feel was ever going to get better. We would all like to sit and pass judgement, but we may never know why.

Posted by: afriend ()
Date: May 01, 2012 03:59PM

she iz a great friend u guyz are such insensitive bastards. i'm cryin now thanks to you, how would you like it if this wuz one of YOUR friends. This blog is crap!!!! y do u think dat is funny fuck u if u dont know her because YOU DONT PEACE OUT

Posted by: Ahmayzin ()
Date: May 01, 2012 04:01PM

OMG. Times are rough, but there are other ways to cope. Poor soul. Hopefully she will pull through and rethink her life.

Posted by: an observation ()
Date: May 01, 2012 04:03PM

Shoplifting is serious.

I knew a woman who was knocked down by an "unarmed" shoplifter being chased by the store detective. She died from headwounds. She was a wonderful woman. The shoplifter was trying to get away and pushed her down.

You can pity the shoplifter if you like--but have you any idea the cost to the consumer? It is very great.

That said, I don't like to think of anyone shooting themselves. Just don't assume there was no other way. Some people shoplift for fun.

Posted by: JoeBLow ()
Date: May 01, 2012 04:03PM

She's dead.

Posted by: flight risk ()
Date: May 01, 2012 04:06PM

RIP :(

I just wished she had gotten help before she felt she had to kill herself- ESPECIALLY with a child. I just hope she is at peace now.

For those contemplating it- DON'T. Need someone to talk to right now?

Suicide Hotline: 1-800-784-8433

Here in Fairfax County: http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/hsrg/ for general assistance

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/csb/ for mental illness== 703-573-5679 24 hour hotline

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2012 04:07PM by flight risk.

oh God here we go again..........
Date: May 01, 2012 04:08PM

I'm supposed to feel sorry for some who brought a fucking GUN size="5"> into the target and discharged it. Not gonna happen.

My compassion's for all the ppl in the store have to deal with this bullshit. Workers and customers who'll have to deal with this for fucking WEEKS MONTHS even YEARS maybe if they were in close proximity to this area and WHO DIDNT DO CRAP but be shopping and working.................

@love- yr attitude comes across like that the little kid's feelings about it take a back seat to the nutcase thinking it's a good idea to FIRE A GUN INSIDE A TARGET STORE! "If she was caught stealing....blah blah blah" So it's ok for you that she's gonna punish the ppl at Target by blowing her friggin brains out in their store - all cause they were not compassionate enough to allow her to steal? (if that is the true story - we dont really know that yet so we all should really wait on that tip).

But if she was stealing, and then choose this as a way out, not much compassion for her Im sorry.................and even if she wasnt stealing - you dont discharge a firearm in a retail store. Why should I have compassion for that? If she decided to kill that same child, should I have more or less compassion for her?

Sorry. I'm more wondering the whys and wherefores to how this all went down then about showering compassion towards the person who fired a gun in a Target in my county.

Re: oh God here we go again..........
Posted by: Freddie Five Finger ()
Date: May 01, 2012 04:30PM

There is compassion. Here and thru this county. Yet by her actions, she put others at risk also, as bullets can cover long distances. The psychological trauma to employees, and families, including her family and friends. Not cool no matter what, I'm just glad no people in the area got shot in the process of this tragedy. A child, a innocent young parent could have easily be struck. As above there is help to those who feel this way. Sympathy to her family, and to families and employees who had to see this.

Posted by: Employee ()
Date: May 01, 2012 04:44PM

I am an employee at the Target. The store is currently closed for investigation but will re-open tonight at 7pm. The woman walked backed to electronics and then proceeded to shoot herself. Shoplifters are stopped at the front of the store as they are exiting, not within, so that is false information. I don't know why she did it. No Target employees or other customers were physically hurt.

Posted by: Random Dude 77 ()
Date: May 01, 2012 04:46PM

I am sad about this. What would cause a woman, shoplifting or not, to do such a thing? The counseling required for those employees and others, they are gonna need it.

Posted by: Dix head ()
Date: May 01, 2012 04:47PM

Employee Wrote:
> I am an employee at the Target. The store is
> currently closed for investigation but will
> re-open tonight at 7pm. The woman walked backed to
> electronics and then proceeded to shoot herself.
> Shoplifters are stopped at the front of the store
> as they are exiting, not within, so that is false
> information. I don't know why she did it. No
> Target employees or other customers were
> physically hurt.

Good. Any sales on PSP or DS stuff tonight?

Posted by: Ahmayzin ()
Date: May 01, 2012 04:55PM

Gordon Blvd believe it or not I actually understand totally where you are coming from. In the end others were at risk. Don't wish death on her but she could have hurt or killed a child in the process. I do have feel bad though...that something could get her to that point. I have 4 children and get frustrted cause of the cost of living here. I'm a very optimistic person so I'm grateful to have a home, children and a beautiful woman to wake up to every morning.

Feel sorry for someone like BEH. Waking up to Marmaduke must suck.

j/k

lol

Posted by: Robert ()
Date: May 01, 2012 05:03PM

it was in the store. I know someone who was working in Target when it happened. It was in more of the rear of the store and not the front area.

Posted by: somebody who knows somebody who knows ()
Date: May 01, 2012 05:26PM

i heard that the person tried shoplifting the place earlier today and then came back in the afternoon and shot herself. that might not be correct but thats what i heard

target
Posted by: anonymously anonymous ()
Date: May 01, 2012 05:30PM

i heard there was a robbery or something at target sometime in the afternoon, does anyone here know what happenned? thanks

Re: target
Date: May 01, 2012 05:33PM

Good work, a third thread on this.

Posted by: Somebody from hell ()
Date: May 01, 2012 05:39PM

just forget about it and do yourself a favor and don't use fairfax underground to get your facts about anything. just google it if you want the whole deal. somebody tried to rob the place and then committed suicide

Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: May 01, 2012 05:41PM

Somebody decided to use that bullseye symbol

Posted by: sucks to be them ()
Date: May 01, 2012 05:42PM

Priapus Wrote:
> Somebody decided to use that bullseye symbol

lol

Posted by: NovaFireBuff ()
Date: May 01, 2012 05:44PM

There was a shooting at burke target...
56 yr old female single gunshot to the head
pronounced dead at INOVA Fairfax Hospital

learn to Google yrself, Somebody.............
Date: May 01, 2012 06:02PM

why's everyone saying she's a crook?

UPDATE, 2:31 p.m.: Target spokeswoman Molly Snyder wrote in an email that the woman was a customer and the store remained closed Tuesday afternoon due to the investigation.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/local/crime/2012/05/woman-fatally-shoots-self-fairfax-target-store/558766

Re: learn to Google yrself, Somebody.............
Date: May 01, 2012 06:08PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> why's everyone saying she's a crook?

It is legal to discharge a firearm in a store?

Posted by: lovedesign ()
Date: May 01, 2012 06:29PM

@Gordon Blvd. I agree with everything you say. I don't understand why people have to post insensitive garbage comments though. Clearly she wasn't shoplifting because they wait for you to leave the store, otherwise it isn't shoplifting, and the shoplifting is neither here nor there, She killed herself in a public place and that is horrible for ALL parties involved!

Posted by: someonetouched ()
Date: May 01, 2012 06:43PM

Being a person that was left behind after a suicide a few years. It is hard to have compassion for a person that ended their own life. That would be like telling a murderer it was ok he murdered someone cause he was having a rough day.

I feel for those left behind but pleease put yourself in any outsiders place there is a time and place for everything and bringing a gun into a store full of people is never the time or the place. I know whatever she was going through must have been rough but there are plenty of people in the world who live through the rough stuff because giving up would hurt so many other people.

Posted by: Doctor Adams ()
Date: May 01, 2012 07:23PM

Attention whore. Had to go to Target to off herself.
I guess Wegmans wasn't crowded enough.

Posted by: NRA 75 ()
Date: May 01, 2012 08:58PM

This is all speculation right now, as in the coming days, facts will be forthcoming. However, while I do feel sympathy for this woman/family/ friends, I am relieved that no other folks were taken out by her reckless actions. I hope and pray people/employees that contended with this, are able to get some sort of counseling.

Posted by: Piter ()
Date: May 01, 2012 09:10PM

i live in the area, and on my way back home from work i stopped by at that Target store.. was 7:30PM or so...whole electronic section was blocked by shoping carts and covered by big cardboard shields... apparently she shot herself at electronic section but not in the children's section...looks like your friend stretching the truth.. :)

Posted by: Seriously??!! ()
Date: May 01, 2012 09:22PM

I mean I am pretty normal in every way and genuinely compassionate but I am shocked how many of you really give a shit about this selfish person. I'm not sad for her and I really don't care one way or another about her as an actual person in any positive manner. I think this bitch sucks and anyone who offs themselves in this way needs to be vilified. This could f people up, the witnesses, just as much as some sort of serious abuse. They didn't ask to see your dumbass brains on the carpet. That's who I feel sorry for and this dumb b caused that.

If you're gonna do it, call 911, leave the phone off the hook and kill yourself when your family is not around. Then leave a blank check to fairfax county police for having to clean up after your selfishness and a heartfelt apology to the first responders.

Posted by: Nodipsherlock ()
Date: May 01, 2012 09:36PM

Target. How ironic is that?

Posted by: ffx burke ()
Date: May 01, 2012 09:37PM

Too bad for her. You never know how much pressure a person may have in their life to the point where suicide is what they believe will end the problems.

Posted by: ffx burke ()
Date: May 01, 2012 09:41PM

I have lost a couple of friends over the years to suicide. Yes it can be selfish but they dont see it that way. I dont think they kill themselves because they want to I think in their minds they think they have to. All other options, true or not, have been exhausted.

Date: May 01, 2012 09:51PM

I'm not saying the act of suicide is selfish (although it is). I understand that people don't see any other way out and that if their mindset is such that they don't see any other solution or their life sucks that bad, I can't judge because I can't really relate or understand feeling that terrible.

BUT, this bitch was selfish in the way she did it. Pisses me off and I have no sympathy. It's just like half the drivers in this area acting like they own the roads and their actions don't have any impact on others or they just don't care. Look asshole, I'm in a hurry too, but I'm not going to tailgate or weave in and out of traffic. If you are suicidal too, do it in a way that doesn't impact others.

Posted by: sAD FOR ALL ()
Date: May 01, 2012 10:00PM

It is never a good idea to commit suicide in a public place or where a loved one will be the first to find you.

Why did this woman own a gun in the first place?

How can the employees of the Target Store even cope with this tragic/ brain splattered scene?

If anyone has ever been on a crime scene, even after the clean up.... there is gross stuff.

I feel bad for those who loved this Woman and also feel compasion for those that were in the store.

Posted by: concerned 1 ()
Date: May 01, 2012 10:12PM

who? what is the females description. white, latino, African-American, other?

sad yes, but who did this?? plz peeps.

Posted by: Hamlet ()
Date: May 01, 2012 10:40PM

Read, you damn moron

Posted by: JustanFYI ()
Date: May 01, 2012 10:41PM

Seriously??!! Wrote:
> I mean I am pretty normal in every way and
> genuinely compassionate but I am shocked how many
> of you really give a shit about this selfish
> person. I'm not sad for her and I really don't
> care one way or another about her as an actual
> person in any positive manner. I think this bitch
> sucks and anyone who offs themselves in this way
> needs to be vilified. This could f people up, the
> witnesses, just as much as some sort of serious
> abuse. They didn't ask to see your dumbass brains
> on the carpet. That's who I feel sorry for and
> this dumb b caused that.
>
> If you're gonna do it, call 911, leave the phone
> off the hook and kill yourself when your family is
> not around. Then leave a blank check to fairfax
> county police for having to clean up after your
> selfishness and a heartfelt apology to the first
> responders.

Target doesn't have carpet FYI - so the brains will mop up. As long as you mind your own business, there is nothing to see. Move along.

Posted by: JustanFYI ()
Date: May 01, 2012 10:44PM

sAD FOR ALL Wrote:
> Why did this woman own a gun in the first place?

Because that is her right and she wasn't a convicted felon.

Would you be asking why she owned a car had she drove the car into a brick wall? What if she sliced her wrist with a kitchen knife, would you also ask why she owned kitchen knives?

Don't be a moron. The gun is completely irrelevant and just happened to be the object she chose to take herself out with. It could've been anything.

Posted by: justanobject... ()
Date: May 01, 2012 11:36PM

Be damn glad it was a woman with that 'object', a dude would have taken a dozen out with him.

Posted by: jarrell ()
Date: May 02, 2012 12:12AM

I think that no matter how you slice it, its sad that such an event happened. Its sad that people had to see it and its sad that a woman felt she had to do that. I've always felt that suicide is such a terrible waste, and maybe this fifty six year old woman had disabilities or some uncontrolable reason for doing this, or maybe she just had some sort of tragedy and felt like ending it all to make everything better.
Fact is, a permanent solution to a temporary problem was chosen and it is so very sad that things had to be that way. i don't think that such a thing should be blamed on the weapon, it was just the method chosen for a specific end and there are any number of other ways to do it, guns are just more effective than knives or cars for the act of killing one's self and i believe that is exactly what happenned here. car crashes and deep wounds from knives can be cured, gunshot wounds to the head are a bit trickier. fact is, there are millions of people who own guns and use them for perfectly legitamit purposes such as home defense, recreational shooting (originally i wrote target shooting here, but realized that wouldn't exactly work), and hunting. the blame of a suicide rests squarely on the shoulders of the person who killed themself.
Sorry to rant about that, but i don't want this turning into an argument against guns and the thread was starting to head that way. i myself own several firearms which i use for hunting at my cabin in the southern part of the state and i always hate to see when people start using one man's actions as an argument against guns. until the day a firearm can kill a man without anyone behind it pulling the trigger is the day i will not mind a single anti-gun argument. good day
-a man named Jarrell

Posted by: P.I. ()
Date: May 02, 2012 12:16AM

it happened in the magazine/ movie section not the child section I went in after the shooting around 9 o'clock.
Attachments:
IMAG0059.jpg
IMAG0060.jpg

Posted by: self centered prick says what ()
Date: May 02, 2012 04:53AM

"Sorry to rant about that, but i don't want this turning into an argument against guns and the thread was starting to head that way. i myself own several firearms which i use for hunting at my cabin in the southern part of the state and i always hate to see when people start using one man's actions as an argument against guns"

but they su does make it a lot easier

Posted by: burker ()
Date: May 02, 2012 07:41AM

P.I. Wrote:
> it happened in the magazine/ movie section not the
> child section I went in after the shooting around
> 9 o'clock.

They cant lose a few dimes by closing the place for the day, they had to open the same day. Yeah I know the cops have left, the body is gone and life goes on but damn would being closed a day have hurt Target. Especially with the tarps still up. Sad. Its called respect.

Posted by: iran90 ()
Date: May 02, 2012 07:46AM

Gordon Blvd: Always the nasty snarky cynical sarcastic comments, WTF is wrong with you? I think I know who you are, and yes, Seek help.

Posted by: Who ()
Date: May 02, 2012 07:49AM

Any identity yet? I also don't know her race. I've only seen gender and age.

Posted by: Hamlet is a moron. by C-1 ()
Date: May 02, 2012 08:58AM

Hamlet, I did read the thread. Only gender and age. So you were saying?
Perhaps you are the moron and have not read the thread. Typical Hamlet head basement dweller.

So, like Who asked....description, white black, hispanic, other?
know one is tellin here, nor are the articles.

Date: May 02, 2012 09:29AM

concerned 1 Wrote:
> who? what is the females description. white,
> latino, African-American, other?

I don't get why anyone would be so interested in race... do you get the answer and then say "whew, not one of me"? Why is it so important? She was human, that is all one really needs.

Date: May 02, 2012 09:31AM

JustanFYI Wrote:

> Target doesn't have carpet FYI - so the brains
> will mop up. As long as you mind your own
> business, there is nothing to see. Move along.

You = fail.

I wrote that when the story was that she did it in the kids section. In the aisles, there is not carpet but in the clothes section there is.

Why do people insist on being correctors when they don't know what they are talking about? It's worse than the people who respond to a question on wiki answers with "That's a good question, I don't know." What happens to you in your life so that it is so important to actually respond to threads by correcting mundane details and especially when you are wrong. You owe me an apology.

Posted by: protocols ()
Date: May 02, 2012 09:34AM

Putterman Wrote:
> @NovaFireBuff...is there a site where you can
> view/download the incident information?
>
> I would think that the transport protocol for a
> GSW would be via Fairfax 1. Even at midday this
> has to be 15-20 minutes to Fairfax Hospital.
>
> Interesting that the news article quotes the
> police as saying that there is no risk to the
> public. Any idea whether this was inside the
> store or outside near the railroad tracks?
> According to the WaPo, "The woman was found shot
> in the back of the store" which sounds like it was
> somewhere near electronics.

Traumatic CPR's are specifically indicated for non-helo transport with Fairfax 1 (assuming they were close by anyway). Can't do chest compressions in a helo due to space.

PLUS: The time it takes to launch, fly, land, transfer care, launch, fly, and land at Fairfax Hospital is >20minutes. Compare this to the time it takes the medics on the ground to scoop and run ~20minutes.

Date: May 02, 2012 09:35AM

self centered prick says what Wrote:
> "Sorry to rant about that, but i don't want this
> turning into an argument against guns and the
> thread was starting to head that way. i myself own
> several firearms which i use for hunting at my
> cabin in the southern part of the state and i
> always hate to see when people start using one
> man's actions as an argument against guns"
>
>
> but they su does make it a lot easier

Yeah but it also sounds like this was an impulse thing. I guarantee she would be alive if she didn't have access to that gun and maybe could have gotten help.

It's like Treyvon Martin. Not a story about race, a story about guns. People who one guns are more likely to die from their own gun (accident, suicide, family member/impulsive murder) than they are ever to use it in an act of protection.

Posted by: Perhaps someone is missing justsayin ()
Date: May 02, 2012 09:36AM

Maybe we are searching for someone right now.. like a 50yo woman. A description would help, thats all justsayin. sad for all.

Posted by: Attention Whore ()
Date: May 02, 2012 09:41AM

She couldn't have just killed herself in her own home? She had to come out and make a spectacle of it in one last gasp of look at me!! Thanks for scarring everyone who may have seen this happen

Posted by: Olde Farte, II ()
Date: May 02, 2012 09:49AM

justsayin Wrote:
> I don't get why anyone would be so interested in
> race...

Perhaps the poster knows/knew females of that age and location and wants to eliminate them from the possible pool.

Posted by: Gunny ()
Date: May 02, 2012 09:53AM

-1 gun owner.

Posted by: Olde Farte, II ()
Date: May 02, 2012 10:00AM

Gunny Wrote:
> -1 gun owner.

I don't know any details of this case. Could she have "bought" the gun =AT= Target and ammo, too, just before using it?

Posted by: Walmart's the Place ()
Date: May 02, 2012 10:13AM

Target doesn't sell guns...or ammo...

Posted by: MEMe ()
Date: May 02, 2012 10:22AM

1 why would someone want to take a picture of it blocked off
2 this women obi had seriouse issues in her life and just couldnt deal anymore. eveyone deals with things in there own way its called braking down. we all do it no one knows what happend mintues before she ended her life she could have gotten a phone call with depressing news who knows. i am not saying killing her self is the answer but i can say no one knows what she was going through and it is not up to US to post mean things! im sure the family of this women does not want to read "attention whore" maybe she did it in public because no one is there at home! hmm i would think everyone here has had someone in there life end there life or had someone else end there life so lets all get alittle senstive here and cut the bull shit!
3 now by her doing it infront of 5 year old and her mother is F*ed up but in her defence she most likly didnt know thhey where there because on other websits it says she was the only one in the asal
4 and really people must you stech the truth and say she was shop lifting
if this was someone in your family you know dam well you wouldnt want to read some of the things people are posting so putyour self in her familys shoes!
rip you are in a better place now

Posted by: NRA Member ()
Date: May 02, 2012 10:24AM

Your statistics are complete BS. Learn to read shit head. Now some other idiot will believe you. Please go drive off a bridge!

Posted by: MEME ()
Date: May 02, 2012 10:29AM

you are so rude! i hate people like you.

Posted by: NRA Member ()
Date: May 02, 2012 10:31AM

NRA Member Wrote:
> Your statistics are complete BS. Learn to read
> shit head. Now some other idiot will believe you.
> Please go drive off a bridge!

This was for
Yeah but it also sounds like this was an impulse thing. I guarantee she would be alive if she didn't have access to that gun and maybe could have gotten help.

It's like Treyvon Martin. Not a story about race, a story about guns. People who one guns are more likely to die from their own gun (accident, suicide, family member/impulsive murder) than they are ever to use it in an act of protection.

Posted by: NRA = retards ()
Date: May 02, 2012 10:35AM

I suppose your statistics come from Rush Limbaugh. Mine come from places like the Oxford journal. I don't expect you to be familiar with it.

http://aje.oxfordjournals.org/content/160/10/929.full

http://technoccult.net/archives/2009/11/03/gun-owners-more-likely-to-be-shot-than-non-gun-owners/

http://injuryprevention.bmj.com/content/early/2011/06/13/ip.2010.031443.abstract

Whatever. I don't give a shit. You all can shot eachother til none of you inbreds are left.

Posted by: meme ()
Date: May 02, 2012 10:38AM

go get therpy

Posted by: Guns suck ()
Date: May 02, 2012 10:39AM

Remember that lady from the news who insisted on carrying her handgun to her daughter's soccer games? She had a permit, it was legal but poor taste thought everyone. And she was like, 2nd ammendment this and my rights as a responsible gun owner and all...

http://articles.cnn.com/2009-10-08/justice/gun.soccer.mom.dead_1_deleo-neighbor-second-amendment?_s=PM:CRIME

Posted by: NRA 75 ()
Date: May 02, 2012 10:54AM

NRA = retards Wrote:
> I suppose your statistics come from Rush Limbaugh.
> Mine come from places like the Oxford journal. I
> don't expect you to be familiar with it.
>
> http://aje.oxfordjournals.org/content/160/10/929.f
> ull
>
> http://technoccult.net/archives/2009/11/03/gun-own
> ers-more-likely-to-be-shot-than-non-gun-owners/
>
> http://injuryprevention.bmj.com/content/early/2011
> /06/13/ip.2010.031443.abstract
>
> Whatever. I don't give a shit. You all can shot
> eachother til none of you inbreds are left.

Oxford. LOL. Anyhow, the Constitution is the Supreme Law of the land, as established by not only the founding fathers, but the Supreme Court. The second amendement clearly states "The run to bear arms shall NOT be infringed." This sad case has nothing to do with firearms, other than a lady used one to kill herself. She could have easily hung herself, used OTC medications, knives, a whole variety of other means. I'm glad no one else was harmed, saddened for her family, and this has nada to do with guns. Anyone insinuating such arguments for or against, needs to have their heads examined. This has to do with a woman, for whatever reason, decided to end her life. Prayers for her family, for those who loved her, and for those customers and store staff who witnessed such an event.

Date: May 02, 2012 11:01AM

You really are stupid. Like I said, it appears to have been impulse and without the gun, she'd probably still be alive. All you do is make yourself look stupid. I get it, 300 year amendments trump scientific research. Times change man. Get with it.

Like I said. Just keep your gun away from me and you inbreds can thin out the heard on your own.

Date: May 02, 2012 11:06AM

@NRA-It kinda does have to do with guns. Like I stated yesterday, lady could have chosen to pop that kid or any others in the store before doing herself. All those other means you mention she could have killed herself with, she'd have WAAAAAY more difficulty in inflicting harm on others. So yeah, since she did actually bring a loaded firearm into the damn store and discharge it, yeah, it kinda has to do with guns.

That being said, you are right - there's not a legal argument here and it's a waste of time to talk about banning guns on anything like that over this particular case cause she DIDNT harm others with her gun, just used it improperly (firing it in a damn Target store) and harmed only herself. I think legally that this is on a similar level like a drunk driver killing themselves in a single car accident - they were using the weapon/car improperly, could have killed others, but just killed themselves - do you ban the car?

Does anybody know where she got the gun from and what type it is?

Posted by: Correction ()
Date: May 02, 2012 11:07AM

NRA 75 Wrote:
> The second amendement clearly states "The run to
> bear arms shall NOT be infringed."

Actually, it says "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

If you are going to quote the constitution, at least do so correctly.

... and yes, I am a responsible gun owner so read nothing more into this post than face value.

Date: May 02, 2012 11:18AM

What is the point of calling one's self a "responsible gun owner"? Is there a class you can take to get that label or do you just self-declare yourself as such? I bet Hitler thought he was a "Good Christian"

Date: May 02, 2012 11:20AM

Am I just supposed to take your word for it? How do I know you are responsible? I bet George Zimmerman and this lady too called themselves "responsible gun owners"

ohhhhhhhhhh, this is getting good!
Date: May 02, 2012 11:38AM

yeah, we in the 'Fax could care less about why someone fired a fucking gun in the one of our Targets or where they got the gun from, or how the ppl are who dealt with it - it's more important to debate the Constitutional aspect of it. Gotcha...................

a pic for you, Guns
Attachments:
funny hitler jesus make them pay.jpg

Posted by: Gordon's Gin ()
Date: May 02, 2012 11:48AM

Looks like Gordonblvd started hitting the bottle earlier than usual today.

Posted by: nra clan ()
Date: May 02, 2012 12:41PM

If she didnt use a gun she could have walked 100 feet away and stood on the train tracks. When someone is intent on killing themselves there are hundreds of ways to get the job done.

Posted by: fff ()
Date: May 02, 2012 12:56PM

Or she could have jumped off an on overpass and splatted herself on the road below. Didn't some other selfish woman do that on I-66 about a year ago?

Posted by: Ban Cliffs ()
Date: May 02, 2012 02:32PM

Yeah, that postman on Cheers was annoying wasn't he?
Oh, wait, back to the subject at hand:
People kill themselves by taking a nose-dive from spectacular viewing-spots all over the world.
Flatten the Earth! Blow up the mountain tops and waterfalls. This is about SAVING LIVES people!
Cut down the tall tree whackos can climb and fall from. Skyscrapers were a bad idea anyway. Who needs those?
We don't need to cross rivers. Turn our bridges into plow shares! Sure we won't be able to drive the resulting grain across those bridges, but ...

I'm not the one who made this conversation silly. If you think that controlling guns will have any effect at all on suicide, you should be laughed out of the debate!

Posted by: Dude x ()
Date: May 02, 2012 03:12PM

nra clan Wrote:
> If she didnt use a gun she could have walked 100
> feet away and stood on the train tracks. When
> someone is intent on killing themselves there are
> hundreds of ways to get the job done.

Not cool. That happens regularly on Metro, and those poor drivers are traumatized by seeing this shit. I can't stand Metro, but I do feel sorry for any employee having to have a body thrown under their train/windshield, etc.

Posted by: nra clan ()
Date: May 02, 2012 05:10PM

who said anything about being cool, there is no good way to do it. Just pointing out that people will always find a way. outlawing guns to prevent suicide is just plain dumb, one has little or nothing to do with the other

Posted by: Fucking Idiot You are ()
Date: May 02, 2012 05:13PM

Guns suck Wrote:
> What is the point of calling one's self a
> "responsible gun owner"? Is there a class you can
> take to get that label or do you just self-declare
> yourself as such? I bet Hitler thought he was a
> "Good Christian"

Look up Hitler's quote's in favor of gun control and registration. Then perhaps, you'll reconsider such an ingorant statement. You are the definition of a tool, and would blindly follow someone like Hitler if he were alive today. Dumbass.

Date: May 02, 2012 05:25PM

Guns suck Wrote:
> What is the point of calling one's self a
> "responsible gun owner"? Is there a class you can
> take to get that label

There are firearm safety courses out there. In fact it is the anti-2A people that fight AGAINST those being taught in schools in Virginia in case you were wondering.

But if you follow the three basic rules of gun safety (always keep pointed in a safe direction, keep finger off trigger until ready to shoot, keep unloaded until ready to shoot) plus two corolaries (always be aware of what is beyond a target and don't point a firearm at anything you don't intend to destroy), plus safe storage tips (store firearm and ammo separately, use a safe especially if there are children living in the house) then I'd say you are practicing being a responsible gun owner.

How about you point me to the class that certifies you as a "responsible car owner" first, right of ownership of a vehicle isn't a Constitutional right like it is with firearms so let's start there. You text-messaging your anti-American BS from your car is much more dangerous and can kill more people than my responsible gun ownership.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2012 05:27PM by justsayin.

Date: May 02, 2012 09:37PM

Fucking Idiot You are Wrote:
> Guns suck Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > What is the point of calling one's self a
> > "responsible gun owner"? Is there a class you
> can
> > take to get that label or do you just
> self-declare
> > yourself as such? I bet Hitler thought he was a
> > "Good Christian"
>
>
> Look up Hitler's quote's in favor of gun control
> and registration. Then perhaps, you'll reconsider
> such an ingorant statement. You are the definition
> of a tool, and would blindly follow someone like
> Hitler if he were alive today. Dumbass.

you obviously can't read or deduct from logic. My point about "hitler" has nothing to do with his views on guns. It's the fact that one can self-anoint themselves as "responsible" or whatever character trait they want, but it doesn't make it true.

Also, how does being "anti-gun" mean I'm anti-american, justsayin? And frankly, my point was never about being "anti-gun". I said multiple times, I really don't give a shit. I personally choose not to own a gun, you choose to own one. I don't care. That's your right. My points were that I bet she'd still be alive if she didn't have easy access to a gun, because this seemed impulsive and not that she couldn't find another way to kill herself. Just my opinion and just an observation and I wasn't making any judgments on gun rights. I can't prove myself right and you can't prove me wrong. Then my other point was that gun owners are more likely to die (in general but most often from a gun) than non-gun owners. That's just a fact and a relevant fact in this case.

Keep your guns to yourselves. I don't care what you do with them so long as you don't involve me. Thin the in-bred herd while you wait for the red-coats to attack.

Given that gun owners are more likely to die from a gun and I generally don't have much in common with gun-owners, I guess it benefits me for you all to have them. Get more, be a "responsible gun owner" and increase the opportunity to have lots of accidents and impulsive acts of violence. Shit, I guess since I have no concern for your safety and genuinely dislike most of you retards, I suppose I actually support gun ownership too. There'd be a lot less Ford Excursions taking up two lanes on the beltway and that's a good thing for us all.

Date: May 02, 2012 09:42PM

Dude. Selfish? Fuck you. You don't know what the hell your talking about. Most people don't commit suicide because they want the attention. It kind of defeats the purpose. I don't know this lady and I don't know why she chose the spot she did. It sucks ass that she may have did it in front of some kid. Maybe she is in the select (....select) few that wanted attention and thought she'd live. The human body is hard to kill. I know because I've tried it. But normally and I mean like 1 in 1M, you don't shoot yourself in the head because your selfish and expect to survive something like that (and therefore get attention for it). The woman had problems that far excede this stupid fairfaxunderground thread. People who try to commit suicide, in my experience, suffer every minute of every day. It's freakin' so unberable... It's like being tortured in some concentration camp every second your alive. Goddamn it You are ignorant to think it's selfish. It makes me so mad when people use a totally simplified justification for it. Unless you've been through what she's been through then STFU. I've tried to commit suicide and I can assure you, I wasn't thinking about anything but the minute by minute pain that I endured while it was happening. You probably are thinking "then why didn't you get help". My answer to that is, A: I didn't know it was available and fuckers like you made it worse and B: I don't have $120 per dr visit (which normally, for a psychiatrist is every other week. and C: Meds cost upward of $500. Suicide hurts man. I've both slit my wrist (there's a major nerve before you get to the artery. I got there but you have to be a freakin' Marine to do it) and taken pills (you just don't fall asleep and your dead. That shit sucks. You puke a lot, you get woozy, not it a good drunk way but a holy shit I can't breathe way D: and everything hurts) I've re-read and rewritten this several times and I still can't even explain it correctly. It's something that you have to live through. I wasn't thinking "man, this will show them". I wasn't thinking normally at all. I have trouble talking to people about it. Even a therapist. There's a huge, your crazy I don't give a shit stigma. Once they hear I'm bipolar or have PTSD they don't want to hang out. They think I must be that dude im MD that killed his whole family and their next (I'm not and your not). I have a good job, I have a family now, I for the most part am normal, 'cept I take a bunch of pills (luckily they came out with generics it's now $241). I make a couple hundred thousand of dollars a year. (to be fair a ton of famous people were bipolar). Noone knows. I never, ever talk about it because, as you just did, people think I'm like every other crazy person they see on the news. I'm not. I survived that shit. And the woman who didn't, she's still getting shit for it.... and she's dead. From you motherfuckers. It isn't something that someone can put on some terrible Dr. Phil show. (Really... screw that guy.....recently, btw, he called soldiers (who were fighting for our freedoms so some asshole doesn't fly a plane into my place of work (pentagon), again..., with PTSD (which I have) broken, dangerous and violent. (that's not the way most people are, and soldiers aren't getting help because of that assumption) fuck Dr Phil. It's a good thing he gave up his license like 15 years ago and destroyed his father's (a real phsychologist's practice). If you don't know what your talking about, which clearly you don't please spare us the bullshit. It's FAR worse then you can imagine. I'm lucky. I had the money to fight it. I was lucky enough to be able to afford my meds. (which btw. Don't make you happy, it makes you numb to the shit that's going on). We have enough of a stigma to battle without douchebags hiding behind their computer spewing hate and contributing to our stigma. Which btw they know nothing about.

Posted by: steve k2 ()
Date: May 02, 2012 09:43PM

She saw they came out with another IPhone and couldn't take it anymore.

Posted by: Discuit ()
Date: May 02, 2012 10:29PM

Yeah.. The 2nd amendment was cool in the 1700s.. Personally Im a fan of Article V of the Preamble to the
US Constitution.. It states that the Constitution is a living document and amendments can be repealed when
they have outlived their purpose, such as the 16th which was repealed by the 18th.

If you're a coward who owns a handgun, please suck on it and pull the trigger.

Pages: 123AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 3

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.