HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
New Police Units????
Posted by: Native ()
Date: April 17, 2008 02:36AM

Anyone also was by University Mall last night around midnight? There were bunch of police cars that had someone pulled over. What I found unusual is I saw a brand new 2008 silver/gold silverado 2500 and an 80's camaro along with a few crown victorias that had someone pulled over. I didnt even know they use those but one of the police officers had a full body armor on and a mask covering his face. I belive they pulled over one of those old vw cabriolet,(the gay little convertible) Anyone elso see this last night? I will upload a few pictures in a minute

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Police Units????
Posted by: native ()
Date: April 17, 2008 02:45AM

Ok the truck was exactly as pictured and the camaro was the same year except red
Attachments:
silverado.jpg
camaro.jpg

Date: April 17, 2008 02:47AM

Ok, here is the actual picture I took with my phone, if anyone could help me resize it without sacrificing the picture quality I would appreciate it.
Attachments:
IMAGE_041.jpg

Posted by: Lurker.. ()
Date: April 17, 2008 08:47AM

Sounds like an undercover drug bust. The guy with the mask was probably an undercover officer who didn't want his identity to be known to the bad guys.

Date: April 17, 2008 10:48AM

Lol, I dont know but the guy was EXTREMELY tall. From my car it looked like he had a foot and a half on the other officers that were standing around him. I am not sure how hard it would be to identify him based on his height. I am sure he was the one driving the truc because of the extra room. I thought the camaro was cool (lol, kind of like the one in super troopers) but I didnt know county allows 20+ year old vehicles. I see an 02 camaro in Alexandria all the time but thats about it.

Posted by: SBS ()
Date: April 17, 2008 11:49AM

Fairfax County actually has both unmarked AND marked '02 Camaros.

Posted by: Janz ()
Date: April 17, 2008 06:07PM

My guess is the tall guy may have been with SWAT, or a Fed.

Posted by: The Economist ()
Date: April 17, 2008 06:10PM

just another colossal waste of tax payer money.........

Posted by: Janz ()
Date: April 18, 2008 11:15PM

Just today, I witnessed something similar to this in the early evening. It was on Burke Lake Road (northbound), near the intersection of Burke Centre Parkway, at around 6p.m.. There seemed to be an accident involving about three cars, but the only damage I could see was to a metallic blue Chrysler minivan.

A person who appeared to be a teenager, was in handcuffs, and was being questioned by someone who may have been a police officer, who wore a dark sweatshirt and blue jeans, but what made it seem unusual was this person was wearing a "Ninja" type black mask. I don't know if this had any connection with the other incident a few days ago that "Native" had described, but this seems to bit too coincidental.

Posted by: FCPS are murderers ()
Date: April 18, 2008 11:38PM

They need the new vehicles because running into motorists and killing them is hard on the cruisers!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.