HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Rod's Free Vegetable Waterer
Posted by: Rod ()
Date: April 16, 2008 04:47PM

Now that we are getting into the vegetable growing season, I wanted to share my idea for watering vegetables. If you just water with a hose most of the water will pour off and not soak into the roots or wash the soil away from the roots. Instead get a plastic bottle like a plastic juice bottle) and cut off the bottom. Hang it upside down on a wire. Fill it up with water and adjust the cap so that it just drips on the vegetable. The drip will soak into the soil and nourish the plant. Hang it from a tomato cage or stick or fence post. Last year I got tomatoes 6 feet tall partly no doubt from through watering. Saves water.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.