HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Price of Gas Falling
Posted by: Libertynow! ()
Date: April 26, 2012 09:25AM

Wow! Just notices that gas has dropped 10 cents in the last two days! Finally some good news for the economy of Fairfax county.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Price of Gas Falling
Posted by: bootybandit ()
Date: April 26, 2012 09:37AM

10 cents is not enough

Posted by: duh! ()
Date: April 26, 2012 09:38AM

considering that it went up almost a dollar in six months....

Posted by: Gassed ()
Date: April 26, 2012 09:39AM

Clearly the price of gas does not rely on supply/demand, wonder what the factors are that impact gas prices.

Posted by: ... ()
Date: April 26, 2012 09:40AM

blame Obama

Posted by: conVince ()
Date: April 26, 2012 10:08AM

B.HusseinO's environmental protektion agency would love to have gad prices go north of nine dollars, that is what they are working toward. This is all you need to read:

http://cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/epa-officials-philosophy-oil-companies-crucify-them-just-romans-crucified

Also,

Fed tax rate paid by "big oil" for 2011 was in the 40%+ range. Apple, Intel, tech komapnies paid in the 20% range. Microsoft paid under 20%. "Big oil" creates many more jobs than these other kompanies, why be so hostile to them and not to tekk kompanies?

------------------------------------

twitter @EyeAmU

Posted by: Lester ()
Date: April 26, 2012 10:58AM

They usually fall back a little in relation to the price of crude oil since oil refineries come back online in April. They shutdown in March to change the gasoline from winter blend.

http://ask.cars.com/2009/02/whats-the-difference-between-summerblend-gasoline-and-winterblend-gasoline-does-it-affect-my-cars-pe.html

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: April 26, 2012 11:36AM

@Lester +1
happens every year, ppl. Enjoy it now cause it jumps again between the time of College Finals and kiddie-school vacations........

@con - what crazy link was that?
@ () - we do apparently. I'm going to by stock in Reynolds Wrap so I can make a mint on the tin-hat market LoLz

@gassed - lotsa other factors go into it. But you have to keep in mind that supply and demand are on a worldwide level now. USA may lower demand, but prices can still go up with ppl in India and China are buying more cars, using more gas, y'know?

pic unrelated
Attachments:
obama-helping bitter ppl.jpg

Posted by: free cheese ()
Date: April 26, 2012 04:39PM

I blame Bush when it went up when it dropped ten cents I credit Obama. Simple

Posted by: doop ()
Date: April 26, 2012 06:28PM

I don't give a shit about politics, but the most I EVER paid for gas---dubya was in the White House.

Posted by: NRA 75 ()
Date: April 26, 2012 07:59PM

Last I checked cocaine was cheaper. A lot of this bs is taxes, but of course speculators, government mostly are to be blamed. And the oil companies. True assholes. I want to release Mike Tyson's tiger at Exxon Mobil Hdqtrs in the Executive Wing. Fuck em.

Posted by: Zombie Lib ()
Date: April 26, 2012 08:11PM

What's the matter with all the idiots? Obama campaigned for higher energy prices, and he delivered! If you want higher gas prices, vote Obama!

Posted by: bled dry ()
Date: April 26, 2012 08:21PM

doop Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't give a shit about politics, but the most I
> EVER paid for gas---dubya was in the White House.

When he left office I was paying around $1.80, if that is bad then give me bad

Date: April 26, 2012 08:27PM

bled dry Wrote:
> doop Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I don't give a shit about politics, but the most
> I
> > EVER paid for gas---dubya was in the White
> House.
>
>
> When he left office I was paying around $1.80, if
> that is bad then give me bad

Bingo. It went up after multiple natural disasters. Obama turned down pipeline project, shut down more off shore possibilities than any other administration. They are exactly where the blame falls. Yup, per Truman, Obama, the buck stops here. Voting against you, more than happy to vote for even my dog over your dumb ass.

Date: April 26, 2012 08:34PM

Here's who to thank, "hope and change" at the pumps :(
Attachments:
obama.jpg

Posted by: flight risk ()
Date: April 26, 2012 08:46PM

I have nothing to add to this thread.
Attachments:
obama skate.gif

Posted by: induceddemand ()
Date: April 26, 2012 10:58PM

NRA 75 Wrote:
> bled dry Wrote:
> -----
> > doop Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I don't give a shit about politics, but the
> most
> > I
> > > EVER paid for gas---dubya was in the White
> > House.
> >
> >
> > When he left office I was paying around $1.80,
> if
> > that is bad then give me bad
>
>
> Bingo. It went up after multiple natural
> disasters. Obama turned down pipeline project,
> shut down more off shore possibilities than any
> other administration. They are exactly where the
> blame falls. Yup, per Truman, Obama, the buck
> stops here. Voting against you, more than happy to
> vote for even my dog over your dumb ass.

Interesting but under Obama domestic oil production has increased under Obama. But that doesn't matter because oil induces demand. Basically as you increase the supply of oil, demand will also increase, thus the price point stays the same. So no matter how much oil you pump out of ground, we will find ways to burn it faster. The only true way to reduce the price of oil is reduce the demand.

Posted by: CalgarianInAmerica ()
Date: April 26, 2012 11:49PM

NRA 75 Wrote:

> disasters. Obama turned down pipeline project,
> shut down more off shore possibilities than any
> other administration. They are exactly where the
> blame falls. Yup, per Truman, Obama, the buck
> stops here. Voting against you, more than happy to
> vote for even my dog over your dumb ass.

You are misinformed about the purpose of the Texas Keystone pipeline. The intent was not to bring oil to the U.S., but rather load it on tankers in the Gulf and ship it to China. Canadian oil interests figured that it would be an easier sell to run it through a bunch of cracker as*ed states who could be led to believe that this was good for them, than move it across Alberta through First Nations land (Indians to Americans) and to the coast of environment obsessed British Columbia.

I assume your dog has a birth certificate proving citizenship.

Posted by: infowars ()
Date: April 27, 2012 12:03AM

Ask yourself "why is gas so high"? Europe is collapsing, the US economy is no better than it was 5 years ago...

The reasons my friends is that:

The US has CAUSED the termoile in the Middle East.

The US is trying to START a war with IRAN (WW3).

We unconstitutionally (by UN directive - not US CONGRESS - took out Gadoffe).

The US is in Yemen bombing with drones, the US is STILL in Iraq (50k "contract fighters").

The US CIA ran a coup to take out the Egyptian leader and put in the Muslim Brotherhood.

The US (or should I say the "UN" NOT the "US") is now trying to take out Syria.

**ALL OF THE ABOVE HAVE ADDED $2 A GALLON TO GAS PRICES -- TO PAY YOUR "BANKERS" FOR WAR!!**

Last BUT NOT LEAST:

Thank the devaluation of the US Dollar.

From 1778 to 2000 the US had ran up $3.4 Trillion in Debt.

From 2000 to 2008 the US had ran up $9.5 Trillion in Debt. ($6.1 Trillion in 8 years)

From 2008 to 2012 the US has ran up $15 Trillion in Debt. ($5.5 Trillion in 4 years).

The US Dollar is backed by NOTHING but the PAPER it is written on. That means THE MORE MONEY YOU PRINT - THE LESS THE VALUE IT IS WORTH. So when you go to buy Gas (a REAL THING) with the Dollar (a Mostly Digital Currency - backed by NOTHING) your going to PAY MORE AT THE PUMP...

Debate if you want... Thanks for letting me RANT.

Date: April 27, 2012 12:06AM

Fed Boss Bernanke Promises Record High Gas Prices Through Summer
March 28, 2012

Federal Reserve boss Ben Bernanke told ABC’s Diane Swayer on Tuesday that gas prices will continue to skyrocket through the summer.

Bernanke told Sawyer gas prices “are a major problem” and he admitted they are “a hardship for lots of people.”

During the interview, he tried to pawn off the fallacy that gas prices are responsible for inflation, which he said will escalate over the next few months.

By inflation Bernanke means price increases. As Ron Paul notes, blame for this can be placed at the doorstep of the Federal Reserve.

“Most economists fail to understand that inflation is at its root a monetary phenomenon,” Paul wrote last March. “There may be other factors that contribute to price increases, such as famine, flooding, or global unrest, but those effects are transient. Consistently citing only these factors, while never acknowledging the effects of monetary policy, is a cop-out.”

Bernanke also claimed the rise in gas prices can be attributed to Iran and troubles in the Middle East. “The Middle East is very unpredictable — lots of things happening with respect to Iran and so on, so you know, we obviously — need to be — very attentive to that,” he told Sawyer.

Bernanke did not bother to explain how the Federal Reserve creates monetary inflation. It is really quite simple. More money equals less value.

The Federal Reserve is currently doing this through quantitative easing – increasing the money supply and flooding financial institutions with capital. Economists note that the problem with this is that although there is more money in the economic system, there is still a fixed amount of goods for sale.

Bernanke “admits he doesn’t understand why the economy is the way it is. Reality doesn’t fit his theory,” writes Zero Hedge. “So, what do you do when you are the head of the world’s biggest printing press, and don’t know what else to do? Why QE3 of course.”

On Tuesday, Bernanke hinted that QE3 may be right around the corner. He said more dilution of the money supply will be required due to vexatious unemployment.

High unemployment is directly related the the Federal Reserve and its engineering of boom and bust cycles through monetary policy. The Fed – as Bernanke has sheepishly admitted – was responsible for the so-called Great Depression and its staggering unemployment. It’s the same today.

Ben Bernanke is simply reading his bankster script, as instructed. If he was sincere, he would admit that rising oil prices do not create inflation. Oil prices are a reflection of a devalued dollar.

In an interview last year, ShadowStats editor John Williams said “the dollar’s weakness is doubly inflationary. It is the biggest factor behind the ongoing rise in oil prices.”

It’s not greedy oil baron in the Middle East or Iran threatening to close down the Strait of Hormuz in response to an attack.

It’s the Federal Reserve and the central banks.

Posted by: infopuppies-n-kittens ()
Date: April 27, 2012 12:11AM

Hey infowars...who the fuck is Gadoffe???

Also, AJ always used any reference to WW3 as the cold war, and any new specter that always seems to be in the near future WW4.

At least quote and use your source material correctly.

And is takes 2 seconds to use google and spell 'Gaddafi' correctly.

I don't mind rants, just poorly constructed ones.

Date: April 27, 2012 11:22AM

Sorry I spelled his name incorrectly, but you should understand the TRUTH behind the Madness...

Date: April 27, 2012 11:24AM

And speaking of "poorly constructed ones"....

What the Hell does this mean?

"AJ always used any reference to WW3 as the cold war, and any new specter that always seems to be in the near future WW4"

Always used any reference? WW3 as the cold war?

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: April 27, 2012 12:15PM

infowars Wrote:
> And speaking of "poorly constructed ones"....
>
> What the Hell does this mean?
>
> "AJ always used any reference to WW3 as the cold
> war, and any new specter that always seems to be
> in the near future WW4"
>
> Always used any reference? WW3 as the cold war?

A few people in the intelligence community have referred to the Cold War as WW3, but it's by no means a common term.

Posted by: infokittens ()
Date: April 27, 2012 12:56PM

I guess you don't listen to the show much.

Posted by: Fairfax <<< Vienna ()
Date: April 28, 2012 03:36PM

Why are gas prices so much lower in Fairfax City? Just comparing the prices along Chainbridge Road, the difference between 29/211 intersec and Vienna proper is about 15 cents or more.

Posted by: cheap out west ()
Date: April 28, 2012 11:16PM

go out to front royal. prices are $3.69, and never hit over $4.00 unlike fairfax. crazy how its less populated out there, but gas is cheaper and supply is less than in ffx. if someone would just grow a pair and tell these environmentalist that we are drilling for our own oil, instead of being worried about some spotted owl habitat.... thanks obama for 4 yrs of doing nothing. i mean screwing up this country even more. cant wait till he is outta office.

Posted by: Take a Stand ()
Date: April 29, 2012 05:58PM

cheap out west Wrote:
if someone would just grow a
> pair and tell these environmentalist that we are
> drilling for our own oil, instead of being worried
> about some spotted owl habitat.... thanks obama
> for 4 yrs of doing nothing. i mean screwing up
> this country even more. cant wait till he is outta
> office.

You just dont get it do you!
For starters the US is producing a whole lot of oil now.

And once this oil comes out of the ground, where do you think it goes? To imaginary "for USA only holding tanks".

No it goes out on the common global market. The same market that every other forgien energy company buy from. The only difference being which commodities market, such at WTI, , NYMEX, BRent and maney more.

So , yeah fuck it, drill everywhere, hell put a derrick in m back yard, and let me shoot all the wildlife that get it my way, we dont need an enviroment, just turn it all into a a series of well head ponds brimming of USA only oil . All in the illusion that I might get my gas prices lowered just a little in 5-10 years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2012 05:59PM by Take a Stand.

Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: April 29, 2012 08:06PM

People buy on speculation on the price of oil which drives up the price because of the demand. Also, India and China are major importers of oil as they emerge from 3d world status. Where are the jetpacks? My Adam Strange uniform is ready.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.