HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
WTF Just Happened Part Two
Posted by: Native ()
Date: April 15, 2008 09:50PM

this is from my previous post, so what about the MSNBC program To Catch a Predator. They are doing exact same thing as the cadets do outside of 7-11. Basically setting people up to see if they commit the crime, not to mention in the MSNBC program some of them never actually step a foot in the house or even park in the driveway and they still face some serious charges. Not to mention how much money the station makes based on someone elso' crimes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WTF Just Happened Part Two
Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: April 15, 2008 09:57PM

Once again, it is not viewed as entrapment, because, as far the perv knows, he is willingly setting up a rendezvous to explicitly have sex w/ a minor! There is no coercion or duress involved, so the entrapment defense would not work in this situation. They simply provided an opportunity that the predator would have taken
w/ another potential victim.

Posted by: native ()
Date: April 15, 2008 10:00PM

I am not saying it is, I am just trying to prove a point to those who said it was an entrapment.

Posted by: Shaddapyouface ()
Date: April 16, 2008 03:49AM

I remember watching one show, where they said all they needed was the CHAT logs to arrest someone, and that seems absolutely insane.

If you show up to the house, then thats going a little too far, but just chatting on the internet seems pretty innocent to me.

It also seems strange how the girls on the other end are absolutely innocent. I really doubt a guy is going to go straight into fucking your cat without you leading him on a little bit.

If it's not rape, then it takes two people to agree to meet, ect.

Finally if you can't find a 18 year old girl who doesn't satisfy you, your not looking hard enough.

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: April 16, 2008 08:37AM

Again it goes with the intent. Did the person intend to buy them beer? No.

If the person was hanging out in front of 7-11 asking teenagers if he could buy them beer and the undercover agents approached and asked and he said yes, no entrapment. This is because he was ready and willing and the agents just provided the opportunity.

Look at the Mayor Barry crack case. When the lady went into the room and offered crack - that was entrapment. This was argued in court. Mayor first said no, and she left. The judge ruled that since a few minutes later he asked his other lady friend to go get her back -entrapment defense was off the table.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.