HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fairfax/Annandale Wendy's
Posted by: Native ()
Date: April 14, 2008 01:20AM

IS it just me or has anyone elso noticed an automated speech in wendy's drive thru. I was coming back home and decided to get some food. Going through a drive thru I was greeted by male almost computer like voice that was interupted by a hispanic girl that took my order. When I pulled up I asked if there were any guys working there since I didnt see any, she said no and explained that since they have to greet the customer within X many seconds they have a computer that kicks in and greets the person while the cashier listens to you and punches in your order. This is fine but what really disturbed is that the computer voice had a very thick hispanic accent. I understand cheap labor but isnt that degreading to the race in general???

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fairfax/Annandale Wendy's
Posted by: DeathByCop ()
Date: April 14, 2008 01:34AM

It's spelled degrading, and Hispanic is not a race it is a culture. Anglos, Hispanics, and Arabic people are all considered caucasians.

Posted by: bob ()
Date: April 14, 2008 01:48AM

It is a recorded greeting done by an employee or manager. It is not a computer text-to-speech recording.

Posted by: native ()
Date: April 14, 2008 01:50AM

DeathByCop Wrote:
Anglos, Hispanics, and Arabic
> people are all considered caucasians.

yeah except on the applications its usually "other"

Posted by: WolF ()
Date: April 14, 2008 02:35AM

you stupid dumb fuck where have you been in the last 3yrs? the thing is triggered anytime a car enters the drive thru so the customer doesn't feel like he isn't being served. i bet you didn't know that they accept credit cards (and Euros) at all locations.

Date: April 14, 2008 02:37AM

really? do we have a wendy's employee here? I can recall a bunch of times when I had to wait for some one to make their way over to the headset

Date: April 14, 2008 02:43AM

also if you going to be a smartass and call people names here at least use your everyday screen name instead covering yourself up with a new name on every thread. No one gives a fuck and it's not like anyone(besides gravis) here keeps a record of where everyone lived for the past 10 years and their phone numbers

Posted by: WolF ()
Date: April 14, 2008 03:25AM

what a dumbass. unlike you i have something called life, and dont have the time to be here wasting away my time. remember, i got bills to pay. Wendy's must a big step up from your McDeals.

Date: April 14, 2008 03:30AM

WolF Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what a dumbass. unlike you i have something
> called life, and dont have the time to be here
> wasting away my time. remember, i got bills to
> pay. Wendy's must a big step up from your
> McDeals.

Lol, thats cute.

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: April 14, 2008 06:59AM

It has been tested successfully at other fast food joints and will soon be coming our way for sure: The person taking your order will be in India.

McDonald's tested this in certain restaurants throughout the country a couple of years ago. If I remember correctly, the people taking the orders worked in a call center in Minneapolis. How much you want to bet that when the program is rolled out to more restaurants, the order takers will be a little farther away than Minneapolis.

Posted by: outsource ()
Date: April 14, 2008 07:22AM

i love outsourcing, means things get done on the cheap and the customer ultimately saves some rupees.

Posted by: formerhick76 ()
Date: April 14, 2008 12:32PM

Until, of course, it's your job that gets taken away.

Outsourcing/globalization will mean a decrease in our standard of living and a larger increase in standards of living many other nations.

Great, unless too many people start getting mad at their own declining standards of living. But, most liberals are for cures that are worse than the disease, and most conservatives appear tone-deaf to the concerns globalization's non-winners have.

Unless, of course, cheap energy runs out. Then whoever has the biggest guns will win.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: April 14, 2008 01:27PM

outsource Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i love outsourcing, means things get done on the
> cheap and the customer ultimately saves some
> rupees.

rupees, LOL!

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.