HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
several Chinese restaurants here have spicy diced rabbit meat on their menu!
Posted by: Frank_H ()
Date: April 09, 2008 08:34PM

several Chinese restaurants here have spicy diced rabbit meat on their menu!

is this a favorite dish of the Chinese or something? how do they even get
rabbit meat in Virginia?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: several Chinese restaurants here have spicy diced rabbit meat on their menu!
Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: April 09, 2008 09:29PM

Go to any real German or real French restaurant, you will see rabbit on the menu. Some will have frogs (the small green things, not the French people - wait that is confusing - the things that go croak, not the French people) on the menu. Get out much?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2008 09:29PM by Radiophile.

Re: several Chinese restaurants here have spicy diced rabbit meat on their menu!
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: April 09, 2008 09:48PM

I've seen rabbit on the menu at french restaurants, I think at Le Canard in Vienna. I have no idea where they get it from, but I'm sure there must be a place out in the VA boonies that butchers rabbits. I grew up in rural PA, and rabbit meat was easily found at small-town butchers, probably the same way in here in VA.

Never heard of rabbit in a Chinese place before though.

FYI- "it tastes like chicken"

Posted by: Mike00 ()
Date: April 09, 2008 10:53PM

^ yep, I've eaten rabbit down south of Richmond when I was a kid

I went down with my family to visit some friends of theirs, my sister told me it was chicken so i'd eat it

it wasn't bad actually

Posted by: ... ()
Date: April 09, 2008 11:24PM

i like how some of you like to punch racist jokes, but then end up putting your foot in your mouth. Rabbit a gourmet delicacy. Maybe if you would open your mind past cheeseburgers and chicken wings, maybe you could appreciate something found in fine dining.

pardon me if that wasn't a racist joke, but it sounded like it had something behind it. every other post on here these days is how the white people are complaining that the asians are taking over centreville. I don't have much to say about that, cuz I'm just going to get angry.

Well if you want only white people where you live, then move to vermont or something. Otherwise, shut the hell up and quit whining just cuz a shopping center has a lot of asian stores in it. We don't complain when a mcdonalds opens on every fucking corner around here.

Posted by: >> ()
Date: April 09, 2008 11:29PM

rabbit is widely available in this area

whole foods has it sometimes

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: April 09, 2008 11:30PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've seen rabbit on the menu at french
> restaurants, I think at Le Canard in Vienna. I
> have no idea where they get it from, but I'm sure
> there must be a place out in the VA boonies that
> butchers rabbits. I grew up in rural PA, and
> rabbit meat was easily found at small-town
> butchers, probably the same way in here in VA.
>
> Never heard of rabbit in a Chinese place before
> though.
>
> FYI- "it tastes like chicken"

FYI they sell rabbit meat at Fresh Fields. and as far as racist jokes, my statement about the French being frogs, I stand by that. If you travel, you know that everyone hates the French. But then, theses days every one hates at least one American.

Posted by: BuggsBunny ()
Date: April 10, 2008 02:12AM

Cotton Tail Rabbits are available throughout Virginia. They are excellent
when properly prepared. If you want to experience the real deal, you
will have to shoot one yourself. Bon Appetite!

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: April 10, 2008 03:17AM

I had a taste of some rabbit meat at Brasserie Beck in DC (one of the trendy places a few blocks from verizon center), and it was really excellent. I intend to go back and have it again.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: April 10, 2008 03:18AM

As far as shooting a rabbit, I recommend you do it the proper way... trap the thing and then club it to death.

Posted by: SRE ()
Date: April 10, 2008 09:07AM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> As far as shooting a rabbit, I recommend you do it
> the proper way... trap the thing and then club it
> to death.

I recommend the same method for the French.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: April 10, 2008 07:20PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> As far as shooting a rabbit, I recommend you do it
> the proper way... trap the thing and then club it
> to death.

file.php?2,file=690
"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.